[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2008, 08:18:00 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 24, 2008, 07:20:04 PM
I'd offer to help with that, but I don't think I can do Dan's voice. As for Fi... I'd have to listen to it a little more to see if I could get close. Probably not.

Our original warp-aci was Marin, featured here:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/warp-424b.mp3

Mystiqe has replaced her, but she's been off for a while.  She should be back about now, actually.
Nonetheless, if your voice will reach that kind of register, feel free to give it a go in the meantime.
I'll add the echo myself.

This is the strip I was struggling with:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_902.php

We do need Shanna and Anna as well.  Not that I'm suggesting it for you, but if anyone happens to know of a female VA for the part that would be dead handy...
I'll give it a try when I get back to my apartment. I might be able to get that high... I'm using the recording of strips 697-698 as a reference, will that work? Or should I look for Mystiqe's samples?

As for Shanna and Anna... I don't know anyone. Sorry.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 24, 2008, 08:42:00 PM
I'll give it a try when I get back to my apartment. I might be able to get that high... I'm using the recording of strips 697-698 as a reference, will that work? Or should I look for Mystiqe's samples?

Right now it's late, and I can't remember which files have Mystiqe's voice in them, but it might be an idea if you can find them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Okay, I can't actually get high enough to do Fi. I wonder though... *goes to look at some Shanna and Anna* hm, let me fiddle around with my voice (not digitally, just my voice) and get back to you after I try a few things. Anything in particular you want, Tapewolf?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 01:37:08 AM
Okay, I can't actually get high enough to do Fi. I wonder though... *goes to look at some Shanna and Anna* hm, let me fiddle around with my voice (not digitally, just my voice) and get back to you after I try a few things. Anything in particular you want, Tapewolf?

909-911 would be handy.

Lena

I've just emailed you the latest set of Hannah strips Tapewolf. I checked them over a couple times and they seem to be better. (I hope so at least, considering the amount of takes I did on them... :mowdizzy) I went ahead and did some of Shanna's too, if nothing else I thought you could use them as a stopgap until you got something you liked better for her. I'll admit my crazy laugh could use some work - I ended up hurting my throat so I quit. *is better at evil laughter than loud berserker laughter*

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2008, 02:37:42 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 01:37:08 AM

909-911 would be handy.

Okay, I'll try. You probably won't use it, though.

Quote from: Lena on August 25, 2008, 02:38:07 PM
I've just emailed you the latest set of Hannah strips Tapewolf. I checked them over a couple times and they seem to be better. (I hope so at least, considering the amount of takes I did on them... :mowdizzy) I went ahead and did some of Shanna's too, if nothing else I thought you could use them as a stopgap until you got something you liked better for her. I'll admit my crazy laugh could use some work - I ended up hurting my throat so I quit. *is better at evil laughter than loud berserker laughter*
Okay, I'll do something for Anna.

Seriously though, any ideas for how she sounds? Do we have a voice for her?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 02:40:32 PM

No, I don't believe we do.  Lena is doing Hannah (the rabbit), Anna (the dog) we don't have a voice for, nor do we have one for Shanna (the dragon).
I've done a stand-in voice for Aliyka that is passably different from Dan, but I don't want to be voicing them all myself  >:3

**EDIT**

Oops, I didn't notice that Lena has done Shanna as well.  I'll check that out soon.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2008, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 25, 2008, 02:40:32 PM

No, I don't believe we do.  Lena is doing Hannah (the rabbit), Anna (the dog) we don't have a voice for, nor do we have one for Shanna (the dragon).
I've done a stand-in voice for Aliyka that is passably different from Dan, but I don't want to be voicing them all myself  >:3

Okay, I'll think about a few things and try to record something tonight.

It's probably a good thing I haven't recorded the lines for #909, or else I'd be complaining about me tying up myself. That'd be a little too close to YGO:TAS for my tastes.

Tapewolf

This is actually 898-905.  Sadly I haven't quite got to the part where I use Jairus' voice.  I'll try and sort that out some day I don't have to nurse the server until 8PM.  But I digress.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp900.wav.mp3

Jairus

Awesome! Sounds great, Tapewolf. Are you doing Fi as well?

You know, if you want, I can practice doing Dan's voice over the weekend.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 27, 2008, 08:07:54 PM
Awesome! Sounds great, Tapewolf. Are you doing Fi as well?
Yes.

QuoteYou know, if you want, I can practice doing Dan's voice over the weekend.
Well, I'm hoping we'll have some real Dan shortly, but I guess we'll have to see.

I hate to offload the female roles to you, but we don't have a Kass yet either...

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 27, 2008, 08:11:14 PM
QuoteYou know, if you want, I can practice doing Dan's voice over the weekend.
Well, I'm hoping we'll have some real Dan shortly, but I guess we'll have to see.
I'll try a demo for you. I'll use an older strip or two if you want.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 27, 2008, 08:11:14 PM
I hate to offload the female roles to you, but we don't have a Kass yet either...
*sighs in a good-natured way*
What do you want for her?

EDIT: Um, stupid question... which one is Kass?

EDIT #2: Never mind, she's the blue feline thing, right?

VSMIT

Who did DP when he first appeared?
I'd like to try him, but some reference would be nice.  Or an idea of how his voice would sound.

Fragmaster01

Tapewolf did him, and still is, if I remember correctly. An example is here: http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/DvP2_9.wav.mp3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on August 28, 2008, 02:47:23 AM
Tapewolf did him, and still is, if I remember correctly. An example is here: http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/DvP2_9.wav.mp3

Yes, it's a role I'd prefer to keep.  Maybe using a pitch shifter was a bit tacky, but it's what we did in the first recording, so it's what I'll carry on doing  :3

Quote from: Jairus on August 27, 2008, 08:12:39 PM
Yes.
Memo to self: Ask Stiletto about his voice

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2008, 05:05:19 AM
Quote from: Jairus on August 27, 2008, 08:12:39 PM
Yes.
Memo to self: Ask Stiletto about his voice

Wait, who's Stiletto voicing... *flips through the last few pages* oh, he's voicing Graz.

EDIT: I also got my demo shot off to you Tapewolf, but I don't know if either will work for you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 28, 2008, 05:10:20 PM
EDIT: I also got my demo shot off to you Tapewolf, but I don't know if either will work for you.
I'll go with demo1, I think.  As a general call-to-arms, we do still need actual female voices for Anna and Kass, at the very least.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2008, 05:44:58 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 28, 2008, 05:10:20 PM
I'll go with demo1, I think.  As a general call-to-arms, we do still need actual female voices for Anna and Kass, at the very least.
Yes. Please get real female voices.

Lena

I'm willing to do more voicework as needed. I'm a little hesitant to do Anna, since I did do the other two Amazons, but if you need her and/or anyone else I'm willing to give it a go.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on August 28, 2008, 06:41:09 PM
I'm willing to do more voicework as needed. I'm a little hesitant to do Anna, since I did do the other two Amazons, but if you need her and/or anyone else I'm willing to give it a go.

Ah, yes.  The new version of Hannah still had a lot of background noise, I'm afraid, which is why I stuck with the original version again.
It might be recoverable, but it did sound a bit weird after last night's attempt to do so.

If you want to give it yet another go, see if there are any fans or something that could be causing the noise.  If there's air conditioning, shut it down while recording.  If it's the PC that's doing it, try and get an extension lead and record in a different room or something.  A generic headphone extension lead will probably do the trick.

Lena

*lightbulb* I finally think I know what it was - the AC in the other room. It's one of those things you don't notice until you listen for it. *facepalm* Yeaaah, I'll just do those again now that I know what did it. Shanna's probably has it too, I'm not sure but considering I live with a human furnace it was probably on. Boy do I feel dumb... :mowdizzy

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on August 28, 2008, 06:50:19 PM
Yeaaah, I'll just do those again now that I know what did it. Shanna's probably has it too, I'm not sure but considering I live with a human furnace it was probably on. Boy do I feel dumb... :mowdizzy
Oops.  Well, if it solves the problem, all for the best.  I've managed to screw up countless songs when my watch beeped the hour in the middle of the recording  :rolleyes

I usually have to turn off the central heating, which can make for an unpleasant shower in the morning if I forget to turn it back on afterwards.

Jairus

I turn off the fans, the AC, the bathroom lights... basically everything electronic goes off except for the room light and the computer. I think part of the reason my older recordings were bad is because I was using the built-in mic which was probably picking up the sounds the computer made... a thirty-five dollar headset cleared it up. I think. Did it sound better after like three days ago, Tapewolf?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 28, 2008, 07:05:36 PM
I think part of the reason my older recordings were bad is because I was using the built-in mic which was probably picking up the sounds the computer made... a thirty-five dollar headset cleared it up. I think. Did it sound better after like three days ago, Tapewolf?
The demon guy was pretty good anyway, but the ones you've done lately have been crystal-clear.

Mystiqe

Kay, I'm back (I've been back since Saturday, but I've had to do a bunch of things) But when my boyfriend wakes up from his nap, I can try to find my mic and start recording C: Besides the Alyika (SP?) lines, what do I have to do?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on August 29, 2008, 03:47:36 PM
Kay, I'm back (I've been back since Saturday, but I've had to do a bunch of things) But when my boyfriend wakes up from his nap, I can try to find my mic and start recording C: Besides the Alyika (SP?) lines, what do I have to do?

Fi.  Deepest apologies if you've already done them and I've forgotten  :rolleyes

For this arc, we will need Fi in: 865, 874, 875, 889, 902, 915, 928
...some of those may already exist.

Lena

Hey there, I finally managed to finish some of the stuff I promised. The audio quality should be better, since I got the AC turned off this time. :mowtongue
There's a couple versions of each set in there, and some extras for placeholders.
Sorry for the megaupload, I couldn't seem to get email to work.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=07MPYEDG

Tapewolf

Lena, the recording quality is a lot better.  Personally I think Hannah's delivery is a little high-pitched, though... I preferred some of the earlier takes voice-wise.

Anyway, I've used the new recordings to make this:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp905.wav.mp3
...which was a lot of fun.  I'd be interested to know what people think.  It goes up to 911, so Jairus gets a go  :3

Pity we missed out on Shanna's manical laughter, though.

Jairus

Yay! Sounds great, Tapewolf! Nice job putting it all together (albeit, you've been doing that since the beginning of the project, but this is one of the first times I've seen some of the pieces come together)

However, being too self-conscious of my own voice and a little too judgmental of most of my efforts, I won't comment on that aspect other than it sounds good and clear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears