[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 18, 2008, 10:05:54 AM
... I'm not sure that that's all a vote of confidence.

IMHO the spiders need a high-pitched, warbly voice.  I can add the warbling as an effect, in fact I'll probably play around with that tonight.  But a voice that is naturally high-pitched would be a distinct advantage.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Jyrras confesses his love to Dan:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/danjy_2.wav.mp3

With me substituting for Dan.  Music is from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.  Each time I tried to compose something original I ended up with something like this piece, so I figured, what the hell.

Tapewolf

Well, I seem to have botched this.  For one, I forgot to ask llearch about the spiders.
Does anyone else want to give it a go?  I'd rather not sub for Dan as well as the spiders...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I haven't forgotten. I've just been busy.

Not like I can record when my spawn is shouting in the background, or the dishwasher is on, or the like.

Want me to give it a go now? Which strips, again?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2008, 07:38:44 PM
Not like I can record when my spawn is shouting in the background, or the dishwasher is on, or the like.
Want me to give it a go now? Which strips, again?

Cool.  #755 is the one I'm working on at the moment.  There seems little point in doing the others without Fa'Lina.  Unless I do her myself...

**EDIT**

Oh, 751 would also be useful.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2008, 08:13:45 PM
http://test.llearch.net/radio/recordings/strip_751_take_1.ogg
Let me know if this is the sort of thing you're after.

Yes, quite close.  It sounds best when run at +50% speed I think, so it might be nice if you could deliver the lines a little more slowly to compensate.  Other than that, it's about right.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2008, 08:35:39 PM
Ok.
And wav files next to them, as usual.

Thanks - that's just what I was looking for.  Hopefully I should have a recording up tomorrow evening...

Tapewolf

Here's DMFA 752-755.  I'm playing Dan again, llearch is the spider. 

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_752.wav.mp3

Looks like we may have to rerecord these Abel lines as well as most of them are distorted :(

James StarRunner

Thanks for subbing for me. While I'd like to do those lines right away, I'm still conjested... :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on April 01, 2008, 01:12:34 PM
Thanks for subbing for me. While I'd like to do those lines right away, I'm still conjested... :<
No problem...

Tapewolf

Okay, I'm at a bit of a loss here, mostly owing to the lack of female voices.
Hilary seems to have vanished, and she was playing both Destania and Lorenda.  We haven't had a Kria for years either so that kind of rules out the Light Lunch arc  :B

Assuming I can get some Mab voices from Catherine I'll probably look at Queen Mab next, although that won't be doable in full swing without Jy's voice.  But I can sub for him in the meantime.

Either way, we do need a Lorenda.

Fragmaster01

Can't really help there. Twas gonna say I could sub for Jyrras if need be, but I know no female VA's to refer them here.

Tapewolf

Okay, I've contacted Catherine, so assuming (fingers crossed) that she's still up for Mab, the next set of voices I'll need will be Albanion.  I can't find any definitive decision as to who was going to play him, so is anyone interested?

Jack McSlay

I did give a try at albanion once, for the strip #366, tho I'm not sure if the voice fits his personality now we know him better (I did when we had no idea who anyone in the meeting was). I'll try to find the recording... If I don't, I'll tey to redo with the same voice
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2008, 07:10:18 PM
Jyrras confesses his love to Dan:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/danjy_2.wav.mp3

With me substituting for Dan.  Music is from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.  Each time I tried to compose something original I ended up with something like this piece, so I figured, what the hell.

Aw... you're not gonna use the sob track for 745? There seemed to be something missing in the transition there...

Otherwise, I really like how it turned out. :kittycool

Remind me again what we're doing next? :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 10, 2008, 02:42:33 AM
Aw... you're not gonna use the sob track for 745? There seemed to be something missing in the transition there...

I may have goofed there, something else to check when I get Dan's proper voice.

QuoteRemind me again what we're doing next? :animesweat
Queen Mab, I hope.  So yes, lots of Jyrras.  It does means sorting out voices for Lorenda, Albanion, Rose and probably a couple of miscellaneous Fae.

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 09, 2008, 08:01:37 PM
I did give a try at albanion once, for the strip 366 tho I'm not sure if the voice fits his personality now we know him better (I did when we had no idea who anyone in the meeting was). I'll try to find the recording... If I don't, I'll tey to redo with the same voice

A lot of people liked the English version of Albanion I did.  I'd be happy to carry on except that it makes him sound like Merlitz.  In any case, it ideally wants a fairly high-pitched voice because I'm going to slow it down.

This was my initial test version:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_805.wav.mp3
...it won't be slowed down quite as much for the final version, but it should give some idea.

And here is the raw, unprocessed voice:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/albanion_raw.wav.mp3

llearch n'n'daCorna

... is that another dig at me? ;-]

More seriously, wanting high-pitched, did you want me to give it a go?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 10, 2008, 11:26:02 AM
More seriously, wanting high-pitched, did you want me to give it a go?

I seriously hadn't considered that.  Yes, by all means try it.

CameronCN

I could give it a shot, I guess...but I don't have a British accent. (Also, I have a cold right at the moment--but there's still that Abel recording I did a while back sitting around somewhere to show you what I sound like normally.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: CameronCN on April 10, 2008, 12:23:44 PM
I could give it a shot, I guess...but I don't have a British accent. (Also, I have a cold right at the moment--but there's still that Abel recording I did a while back sitting around somewhere to show you what I sound like normally.)
I'll have to dig that up when I get home.

James StarRunner

Well, my fiancee is more comfortable with Lorenda then Kria. We did part of the spy arc for fun. So I'll be editing it a bit to put up on here (though we'll likely redo it later).

In other news, looks like I'll have the house to myself from Saturday to Monday, so it'll be much easier to record. (Can't wait till I move out of this zoo)

*edit* Not to be taken too seriously, especially Janus' voice and the alarm... >.>
We'll redo this later too since we breezed through it. We did this more so people could get a feel for my fiancee's voice, who wishes to do Lorenda.

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/DMFASpy.mp3

CameronCN

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2008, 12:30:31 PM
Quote from: CameronCN on April 10, 2008, 12:23:44 PM
I'll have to dig that up when I get home.

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/99112_7szp5/Abel%201.mp3

Also, that's brilliant, James. :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on April 10, 2008, 01:17:01 PM
*edit* Not to be taken too seriously, especially Janus' voice and the alarm... >.>
We'll redo this later too since we breezed through it. We did this more so people could get a feel for my fiancee's voice, who wishes to do Lorenda.

Very amusing, and very well done.  She definitely sounds like Lorenda to me.   And the recording, apart from the obvious bloopers and the fact that you're playing both Jyrras and Dan, was good.  The only thing to be wary of like that is stereo separation.  The Mac's internal sound is mono so I haven't checked but I'm assuming it was done live with a single mic...

Quote from: Cameron on April 10, 2008, 04:20:23 PM
Nice.  It would only be polite to wait for llearch, but you've got the kind of range I had in mind.  If you can put together Albanion's lines from 805, I'll be very interested to hear it.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2008, 08:03:15 PM
Very amusing, and very well done.  She definitely sounds like Lorenda to me.   And the recording, apart from the obvious bloopers and the fact that you're playing both Jyrras and Dan, was good.  The only thing to be wary of like that is stereo separation.  The Mac's internal sound is mono so I haven't checked but I'm assuming it was done live with a single mic...
Jyrras, Dan, Pip, Security System, and the Janus bloopers, but who's keeping track? :P
But ya, we pretty much did these all in one shot, trying to share the (single mono) mic. We weren't even too worried about the quality so much since we knew we would do it again.

CameronCN

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2008, 08:03:15 PM
Quote from: Cameron on April 10, 2008, 04:20:23 PM
Nice.  It would only be polite to wait for llearch, but you've got the kind of range I had in mind.  If you can put together Albanion's lines from 805, I'll be very interested to hear it.

Well, I'd do it right now, but, as I said, I just caught a cold, and my range is pretty much limited to one that would be more appropriate for voicing an Undead character. :)

I wish I could do an accent for him, but that's not my strong suit...I'll have fun doing the whole "crazy bipolar psychopath" thing, though. It'll be very different from the way I did Abel, which was closer to the way I actually speak normally. I'm more a smart aleck than I am psychotic.

GabrielsThoughts

I can actually do it, I have a nice new microphone now, it actually picks up sound.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

GabrielsThoughts

ok, so which Al did you want?

nutmeg disguised as AL

alb1

or the real Al from page 800?

alb800

let me know if I get the part.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 11, 2008, 05:46:18 PM
ok, so which Al did you want?

nutmeg disguised as AL, or the real Al from page 800?

let me know if I get the part.

Not bad (once I'd wrested it from PutFile's clutches).

We may have to put this to a vote.  Any more takers?

**EDIT**

Oh, and Catherine is kind of busy but hoping to get the next batch of Mab voices done as soon as she can.