[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

http://www.box.net/files#0:f:13083039

I'm not sure how well that link works, but, oh well. >>

I wasn't exactly sure how much I'd already recorded, so I got everything from the beginning of the Church arc to the most recent one Wildy was in.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Miaka on February 21, 2008, 10:34:31 AM
http://www.box.net/files#0:f:13083039
I'm not sure how well that link works, but, oh well. >>

I think it's asking me to log in - probably as you :B

I've never used box to send stuff so someone else will have to tell you how to work it.  Or you can just email me the files.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Teekay Aria

Well, here's a riddle for you:  What would keep Teekay from doing her lines like she told Tapewolf she would?

Answer:   :erk  Apparently stomache flu with a closely linked bout of regular flu that I have just setting in.  My voice is so dead.  Get it to you as soon as I can though.

Brunhidden

Dont want to beg for attention or butt in but my wife has just about finished the comic archives, has said she would like giving the radio project a whirl, but she has not yet appeared on the forum/chat community although she probably will eventually

the freaky thing is at first i thought she would be a good lorenda, her personality, bustitude, and general disposition are all fairly similar. and then i had the very bad mental image of sinse i am abel and she is lorenda and were married- jyjy walking in on his crush abel and former crush lorenda being *ahem* intimate, i actually laughed out loud there. then when you suggested destania it got even worse, imagining abel saying "dan, i am your father.... and your going to be a big brother in a few months, how bout that?"

my brain is suffering from lack of sleep and is taking this fun little project entirely too far
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 23, 2008, 07:38:02 AM
Dont want to beg for attention or butt in but my wife has just about finished the comic archives, has said she would like giving the radio project a whirl, but she has not yet appeared on the forum/chat community although she probably will eventually

[horrible mental imagery deleted]

Well, to be honest, it looks like we need replacements for:
Lorenda
Kria
Destania
Aaryanna - although for her, I really want someone who can sound reasonably similar to Seraline/Qeniheru.

TK, sorry to hear about that.  Let us know when it clears up...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2008, 09:43:00 AM
What, and I don't count? ;-]

If you wish to sub for Dee, don't let me stop you  >:3
I could really do with 724-726.
Fragmaster, I'm not sure I've got Biggs for this bit either.  Would you be so kind as to oblige?

Now, I swear I had a backwards version of Wildy for 666, but I cannot find it.  I'll check the machine at work in the morning and do an in-depth search at home if that fails.  However this is going to put the episode back a few days until I find it.

Pagan

Hey...

Um, I'd like to join the project, if you need any male voices that is. I have a mike and have done some voice overs similar to this type of project.

I'm not really sure what to say, but just let me know if I can be of any help.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Fragmaster01

Biggs 724-726: http://www.mediafire.com/?b5lxedlwfdu
Biggs 736-738: http://www.mediafire.com/?v21z9tttzlj
These are in .mp3 format, if you wish for a different format, please say so.

Tapewolf

Late, but here's the first attempt at 663-666.  Including the backwards version, although sadly I couldn't figure out how to backmask it nicely.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_663.wav.mp3

I've just remembered that I was intending to score it - sadly I spent too much time trying to get my EeePC to record properly  :<  Next time...

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on February 28, 2008, 11:22:10 PM
Biggs 724-726: http://www.mediafire.com/?b5lxedlwfdu
Biggs 736-738: http://www.mediafire.com/?v21z9tttzlj
These are in .mp3 format, if you wish for a different format, please say so.

Thanks, those are great.

Quote from: Pagan on February 27, 2008, 10:54:45 PM
Um, I'd like to join the project, if you need any male voices that is. I have a mike and have done some voice overs similar to this type of project.

Pagan, we are unfortunately oversubscribed on male voices.  We need female ones, mostly.
However, I am looking for someone to do a short sound sample for a completely different project, if you're interested... for copyright reasons I'll need a replacement for Bill Clinton saying "I have sinned." in this song.  I will of course give credit in the booklet as I have done for the past albums.

Pagan

I thought as much... ah well, but just call me if you need me. And I'll see to that bill clinton recording.

Also, I rmemebered someone mentioning a voice over of strip #388, but I haven't been able to find that on dmfa.it-he.org, so I was wondering if I could get a link if that v/o does exist.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on March 05, 2008, 08:11:11 PM
I thought as much... ah well, but just call me if you need me. And I'll see to that bill clinton recording.

Also, I rmemebered someone mentioning a voice over of strip #388, but I haven't been able to find that on dmfa.it-he.org, so I was wondering if I could get a link if that v/o does exist.
AFAIK only DP's voice exists, although I don't think it's online anymore, since I also did Regina's lines in the same voice as a joke.  Dan's lines might also exist although I'd have to check.  Without the others there was little point in doing a full assembly...

Tezkat

Ugh... my "talking a bit too close to the mic" Jyrras recordings sound terrible next to the nice, clear Alexsi. Can all that base be EQed out? I almost want to redo them now, but seeing how it took me two months to get the last set in... :animesweat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2008, 09:43:00 AM
What, and I don't count? ;-]

Heh. If you like, we can fight over Destania! :mowtongue
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Fuyudenki

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on March 11, 2008, 10:58:25 AM
Ugh... my "talking a bit too close to the mic" Jyrras recordings sound terrible next to the nice, clear Alexsi. Can all that base be EQed out? I almost want to redo them now, but seeing how it took me two months to get the last set in... :animesweat
I'll get to it.  If not tonight, tomorrow with the update.

Tapewolf

I have two updates, a retread of 663 with less bass on Jyrras and a score (that's a piano score, llearch):

...and the Biggs-Wildy scene.
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_736.wav.mp3

I've run out of Dan samples now, so I may have to resort to playing him myself until James returns.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2008, 06:21:48 PM
I have two updates, a retread of 663 with less bass on Jyrras and a score (that's a piano score, llearch):

... isn't it awfully uncomfortable? On the piano, I mean? ;-]

Fuyudenki

Is there usually this much innuendo around here, or have I just been oblivious?

Not really interested in hearing an audio of Jyrras scoring with someone, though.  Especially given the rogues gallery he'd have to choose from.

More seriously, 664 sounds good.  Either the voices are getting really good, or I'm getting used to it.  I vote the first.

...!?  where did the Wildy/Jyrras religious rant come from?  I'mma listen to that again.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Volfram on March 13, 2008, 09:12:23 PM
...!?  where did the Wildy/Jyrras religious rant come from?  I'mma listen to that again.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/gornski/Vol666-Backwards.jpg

My original vision was to somehow encode that such that it could be heard when you play it backwards, but I think that's impossible, to be honest.

Fuyudenki

I have an idea you've probably tried already.  L'mme see.

Results.

Not too bad...  I think that's about as good as it's going to get.

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Teekay Aria

Hey there!  Finally ready to roll again!  If you want to Tapewolf, just send me everything you need done and redone in an e-mail and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible! :januscat

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on March 15, 2008, 03:03:17 AM
here's some clips tapewolf request quite some time ago

Thanks.  679-3 is kind of hard to understand, as is the word 'trashed' at the end of 679-1.  The rest of it is good, though.

Quote from: Teekay Aria on March 17, 2008, 12:55:35 AM
Hey there!  Finally ready to roll again!  If you want to Tapewolf, just send me everything you need done and redone in an e-mail and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible! :januscat

Well, in the current(ish) arcs, we've done most of Alexsi and Danielle, I think.

These would be handy, although it's going to be a while until we get to use them all:
735, 739, 778, 808 and 859-860

James, given your current situation I'm not expecting miracles, but if you are available for recording, I could really do with these:
734 & 735, 743-751 and 752-755

**EDIT**
Volfram, I totally missed your recording there.  Better than my attempt, although difficult to understand in reverse.

Jack McSlay

come to think of it, is there anyone doing the spider from #755?
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on March 17, 2008, 07:50:43 PM
come to think of it, is there anyone doing the spider from #755?

No, there isn't, actually.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2008, 08:05:42 PM
Oooo!

(Slaps forehead)  Yes.  Definitely.  I don't think you'd need much processing to do a pretty decent job of the spiders.

Fuyudenki

Oh, yes.  I was about to volunteer, but based on his initial auditions for Biggs, the Box is a natural spider.

Dooo eeeeeet.

...though I think I've still got the (active)market on non-vocal voices so far.(Pip speaks!  I can't say "Non-speaking characters," and I'm replacing the original Pip voice library.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm not sure that that's all a vote of confidence.

Plus, having moved house, I no longer have a nice quiet basement to work in. We'll see if my lounge room is quiet enough, and my laptop capable of recording clearly.