[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyrohamster

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 05, 2007, 06:44:22 PM
For Pip, I think we'll have to put this one up to a poll again.

Anyway, sans Wildy, here's a new recording:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church-t2.wav.mp3

Again, Pyroduck is done by me, channeling Kobayashi.
i always imagined Wildy-san having a slighty deeper voice but i still like this one.

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on January 23, 2008, 09:59:17 PM
The start of 714 is quite mean. I eventually gave up on doing the whole page in one take and just tried to do that part by itself, and still kept messing up on it.
Heh, I remember having the same problems when I gave it a whack a couple weeks back. I'll have to echo previous comments about the voice being too high-pitched and too fast, though.

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on January 23, 2008, 09:59:17 PM
I went with that one because I was saying the correct words(not gazelle duise or dazelle guise)
Didja manage to get the missing "g" sound onto "Destania" to get "Gestania"? I think I did that at one point. :P That sounds like a cubi who feeds off of the pregnant. Now ain't that a great mental image, folks?

Tapewolf

Does anyone want to sub for Genesis4?  It'll suck if I have to do it myself  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Poofyspikes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Gosh, thanks.

Which lines were those, tape? I'll give it a whirl, and hit the reporter as well while I'm at it, and you can review and laugh.

We all need a good laugh sometimes. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

llearch n'n'daCorna

And for those wanting to laugh:

http://llearch.net/radio/recordings/gen_take_2.ogg
http://llearch.net/radio/recordings/gen_take_3.ogg

There's s/ogg/wav.bz2/ files beside them, as well, for the purists, but I don't think my voice sounds good enough to require that...

Dannysaysnoo

And those looking to laugh even harder:

http://files.filefront.com/pain+incarnatewav/;9502187;/fileinfo.html

Basically, i beat the crap out of my dopey self and recorded it, in hopes of getting a good sound.

Yeah right. that never works, ever.

EDIT - http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1000858nr5.jpg that's how i recorded those sounds, but the mic was facing downwards when i did it for real.

pyrohamster

Teekay Aria

:U  I might get some voice acting done this weekend if getting my car fixed doesn't chew too badly into my time.  I shall try!

Mystiqe

kay tapewolf, im all reformatted and what not, however, i cant record yet because somethings wrong with my mic and i have no idea what... D:

whats happening is when i  save a recording, my voice is distorted and... griany  x.x i have no idea how to fix this, if ANYONE CAN HELP ME i would be very greatful! i wanna keep doing this! ):

Fragmaster01

Put up a sample so we can listen to the distortion. It'll help figure out what the problem is better than just "it's distorted".

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on January 26, 2008, 02:28:05 AM
kay tapewolf, im all reformatted and what not, however, i cant record yet because somethings wrong with my mic and i have no idea what... D:

whats happening is when i  save a recording, my voice is distorted and... griany  x.x i have no idea how to fix this, if ANYONE CAN HELP ME i would be very greatful! i wanna keep doing this! ):

As Frag says, we really need an example to be able to make a proper diagnosis.
Common problems are the volume being up too high so it distorts.  As for the graininess, what program did you use to make the recording?  Audacity or Windows Sound Recorder?

The Warp Acis are by tradition, heavily processed, so absolute clarity isn't entirely necessary.

Quote from: Teekay Aria on January 25, 2008, 11:23:47 PM
:U  I might get some voice acting done this weekend if getting my car fixed doesn't chew too badly into my time.  I shall try!

OK, thanks for the heads-up!

Tapewolf

I haven't done any noise reduction on Brun, and most of the Abel lines in this strip will have to be recorded anyway as they distort.  I'll replace the score at the end later.  Anyway, here it is:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church_p4.wav.mp3

Guest featuring llearch as Gen and the reporter.

Poofyspikes

And thus llearch has found his new calling.

Tezkat

Heh... I hereby nominate llearch for all our female extras.  :mowtongue

On the topic of boys playing girls... here's a clip of my backward strip #666 for your enjoyment. :mowcookie I was originally gonna sub for Wildy the whole way through, but somehow the crazy wizard voice seemed funnier. Of course I wasted time putting that together instead of cleaning up my 720-750 recordings. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mystiqe

http://www.mediafire.com/?15mmcmnmtej

k, heres the sample i took... its really awkward :/

anyways, hope you guys can help

Tapewolf

Ugh.  I think you've got a gap between each block of the audio buffer.  What software did you use to make the recording?  Some earlier versions of Audacity have been known to do that if you try to record in stereo while it's playing back the previous recordings.

You might also try recording at a different rate, e.g. 48khz instead of 44khz, or vice versa.

Other than that, it might be an idea to reinstall the sound drivers.

Mystiqe

i reinstalled the driver, and it worked, thanks a bunch tapewolf, and could you send me a pm with lines i NEED to record? its much easier for me to remember. i can get them done as i have the week off pretty much

Mystiqe

oh... never mind, it was fine after the first recording, but then it got messed up a bit..

Tapewolf

Mystiqe

i use audacity to record, and for the driver [if thats what you were asking about.] is a realtek HD audio control panel

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on January 26, 2008, 07:23:08 PM
Heh... I hereby nominate llearch for all our female extras.  :mowtongue

Now I -know- you're taking the piss.

Incidentally, I'm not entirely happy with that laugh in there. Hopefully, once we get an -actually female- female VA, that will get resolved...

Tezkat

Quote from: Mystiqe on January 26, 2008, 08:36:58 PM
i use audacity to record, and for the driver [if thats what you were asking about.] is a realtek HD audio control panel

Are you getting an unprocessed feed from your mic? The Realtek software on my boards likes to add "features" (noise removal, echo cancellation, etc.) which may introduce artifacts into the stream.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2008, 12:03:22 AM
Now I -know- you're taking the piss.

Incidentally, I'm not entirely happy with that laugh in there. Hopefully, once we get an -actually female- female VA, that will get resolved...

You mean you weren't going for a wicked witch thing? :mowtongue
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on January 27, 2008, 04:08:15 AM
You mean you weren't going for a wicked witch thing? :mowtongue

I think I was, by default. I meant to try for a different take, but I kinda ripped the two takes out ultra-fast and then ran away. With more time to mess with it - and possibly some feedback midway through - I might give it a better go, if tapewolf wants to try that.

I'm not sure I can listen to any section I'm actively playing in, though, because I -really- can't stand to hear myself talk. Odd, really, given the amount I type...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on January 26, 2008, 08:36:58 PM

Hmm.  I have one of those as well, and it's not doing it, even with Audacity.   Have you tried with other programs as well?  Sound Recorder?  Goldwave?

I don't recommend Sound Recorder, but it would be useful to know if it works.

James StarRunner

That last update = epic win

And Tez? That file you put up was freaking hilarious too! XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on January 27, 2008, 12:42:14 PM
And Tez? That file you put up was freaking hilarious too! XD

I knew there was something I'd forgotten to do.  Yeah, that was most amusing.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd congratulate Tez on the quality of his work, but I'm still miffed about his comment. ;-]