[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

James StarRunner

Good stuff Poofy!

That reminds me... next time I see my cousin, I'll get her to do more Gen lines.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on January 07, 2008, 07:40:19 PM
Good stuff Poofy!

Yeah.  The "Ow my nose!" bit could do with a bit more indignation in it, e.g. "Ow... my NOSE!", and it has a lot of background noise, but it's still a whole lot better than the earlier lines, and Audacity seems to make short work of the background noise anyway.

QuoteThat reminds me... next time I see my cousin, I'll get her to do more Gen lines.
Yeah, we'll need that pretty soon.  For now, I can substitute for timing's sake, but it would be best if we can get the proper thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Here's a quick clip from part 3.

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church_p3_1.wav.mp3

We will need to sort out a Biggs really soon.  Auditions are welcome.

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 07, 2008, 08:18:23 PM
Yeah.  The "Ow my nose!" bit could do with a bit more indignation in it, e.g. "Ow... my NOSE!", and it has a lot of background noise, but it's still a whole lot better than the earlier lines, and Audacity seems to make short work of the background noise anyway.
Heh. Rain and living next to a semi-busy street will do that. I'll probably get that line rerecorded soon.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 09, 2008, 06:16:51 PM
Here's a quick clip from part 3.
*Stamps a seal of approval*

That's pretty much how I'd imagine myself sounding like if I were a girl.

Teekay Aria

Whew.  I'm glad you approve.  Anyway, like I sent Tapewolf, sorry if I hold things up for a bit guys.  I got rear-ended on my way to work yesterday and the paperwork will kill me if the neck injury doesn't.   :<

Poofyspikes

Geez. Better late than never, I guess. Procrastination to the max! Anyways, here's several different takes of "Ow, my nose!" - take your pick. http://www.box.net/shared/55li5mo000

Tapewolf

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 12, 2008, 07:39:40 PM
Geez. Better late than never, I guess. Procrastination to the max! Anyways, here's several different takes of "Ow, my nose!" - take your pick. http://www.box.net/shared/55li5mo000

Thanks.  Now I'll just have to decide which one to use.

And apologies to TeeKay - My spam filter managed to delete her email with the 692-694 recordings  :<  I could have sworn I un-ticked that message...

Tapewolf

Radio Project will be late, hopefully tomorrow.  On the plus side, the artwork for the Disasters video has reached strip 289 (starting from 274) - not bad for two days work, if I say so myself :P

WhiteFox

Um... I'd kind of like to try out for this. How do I try out?

I would *kill* to play Biggs.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 17, 2008, 08:42:25 AM
Um... I'd kind of like to try out for this. How do I try out?
I would *kill* to play Biggs.

Make a recording in MP3 format, and upload it to the web.  Use RapidShare or box.net or something if you don't have a site of your own.  Then put the link up here.

You might find this useful:  http://dmfa.it-he.org/howto.htm

WhiteFox

*Sigh* The only thing holding me back is installing LAME. Which I cannot do immediately due to technical difficulties.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 17, 2008, 09:30:47 AM
*Sigh* The only thing holding me back is installing LAME. Which I cannot do immediately due to technical difficulties.
What platform are you on?  A zipped .wav file would work, and at a pinch I can usually decode WMA files.  I'm happy with ogg as well, although other people might not be...

Sunblink

I think I finished all the available Nutmeg lines.

That SUCKS. I want to do moar voicing. :< Are there any roles open which could work, Tapewolf?

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

There was someone I was thinking "heck, we need a female VA for that..." but I can't remember what it was.  Oh yes!  The reporter woman.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 12:37:49 PM
There was someone I was thinking "heck, we need a female VA for that..." but I can't remember what it was.  Oh yes!  The reporter woman.

The little mousy-one who Dan (disguised as Alexsi) was showing around Lost Lake? I can get those clips done within the week. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 17, 2008, 02:42:08 PM
The little mousy-one who Dan (disguised as Alexsi) was showing around Lost Lake? I can get those clips done within the week. :3

If llearch can too, we'll put them side-by-side.  Should be an interesting comparison.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: WhiteFox on January 17, 2008, 09:30:47 AM
What platform are you on?  A zipped .wav file would work, and at a pinch I can usually decode WMA files.  I'm happy with ogg as well, although other people might not be...

I'm on a mac. It's messed up right now because I installed DivX for.  All I need to do is wait for Mom to come in with her Mac Mini, boot off of that system, and delete the offending file. Which shouldn't take more than a day or two.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Incidentally, I updated the scripts page. Enjoy.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Thanks again to TK, here's another short clip.  I'll need Wildy and preferably a rerecording of the more distorted Abel voices (693-694) for the next one.  If we can sort out the magazine woman, I should be able to do the inn scenes, which will be fun.  I've been waiting a long time to use those Merbel lines :P

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church692.wav.mp3

Teekay Aria

Haha!  That's awesome!  The bit you left at the end totally made my day!

Fragmaster01

Alright, time to try this again
Biggs Audition Page 724: http://www.mediafire.com/?abrynnatm2u
Specifically, the audition is for the Get Me to the Church arc, but I can put up an audition of Biggs' more recent "angry voice" if you wish.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on January 21, 2008, 07:56:55 PM
Alright, time to try this again
Biggs Audition Page 724: http://www.mediafire.com/?abrynnatm2u

Not bad.  It's kind of rushed and there's a lot of breath noise.  Are you talking straight into the mic, or across it?

That said, the expression is good.  I'd be interested to hear 713...

Fragmaster01

At the moment, I don't have a stand for it, and it's a dynamic mic, so whether I'm talking into or across it depends on how steady my hand is.
Biggs page 713-714: http://www.mediafire.com/?0zcthd1dntm
On a mildly related note, do you know any good ways to remove static from a recording? I'm trying to find a good way to clean up some of the Inhuman radio play auditions, but whenever I try to use Audacity's noise removal, I lose sound quality.

WhiteFox

*Sigh*

Unfortunatly, due to computer troubles, I can't install LAME for Audacity. Can I audition in .ogg and convert my lines to Mp3 later? (Once I can make a backup and re-install)

Tezkat

Hmm... I've been procrastinating... on stuff I recorded before Christmas yet. Gotta get on that... :animesweat

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on January 22, 2008, 07:52:09 PM
At the moment, I don't have a stand for it, and it's a dynamic mic, so whether I'm talking into or across it depends on how steady my hand is.

Personally, I think the voice is pitched a bit high for Biggs, but that's just me. I like it a lot better than the first try, though.

On a mildly related note, do you know any good ways to remove static from a recording? I'm trying to find a good way to clean up some of the Inhuman radio play auditions, but whenever I try to use Audacity's noise removal, I lose sound quality.

Best way is to prevent the static from getting in there in the first place. :3 There should be a long discussion of that somewhere earlier in this thread.

If going to use Audacity's DNR, use the 1.3 beta version. The DNR in 1.2 sucked horribly. You'll get some quality degradation either way--that can't be helped.

Quote from: WhiteFox on January 23, 2008, 02:48:35 AM
Unfortunatly, due to computer troubles, I can't install LAME for Audacity. Can I audition in .ogg and convert my lines to Mp3 later? (Once I can make a backup and re-install)

Don't see why not. We look forward to hearing you. :mowcookie

EDIT:

Oh yeah, forgot...

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 06:35:53 PM
Thanks again to TK, here's another short clip.  I'll need Wildy and preferably a rerecording of the more distorted Abel voices (693-694) for the next one.  If we can sort out the magazine woman, I should be able to do the inn scenes, which will be fun.  I've been waiting a long time to use those Merbel lines :P

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church692.wav.mp3

That was pretty well done. It sounded like there was some clipping/distortion on a lot of Abel's lines though.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on January 22, 2008, 07:52:09 PM

I had in mind a bit more of a whiny voice for 713, but it's not bad.  You've got the pacing about right, although bits of 714 still come across a bit fast.  Especially the start - I still can't understand what he's saying there  :<

WhiteFox, I'm fine with Ogg.  If need be I can convert it to MP3 myself for show here.

I've been having problems with Audacity and my audio system in general.  I think I've got it sorted now it's gone midnight, but the next update will be somewhat delayed as a result.

Fragmaster01

The start of 714 is quite mean. I eventually gave up on doing the whole page in one take and just tried to do that part by itself, and still kept messing up on it. I went with that one because I was saying the correct words(not gazelle duise or dazelle guise)