[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

Okay, so I've just gone and recorded the majority of Hennya's lines, and I'm rather pleased with the results.

One problem. I've forgotten the site often used for storage.

And there we go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/54153193/Before_the_revelation.wma

Tapewolf

James, that's a good voicing.  Any chance of the rest?  Dan's thoughts, I mean?

Sienna, I've got the file and I'll check it later when I can get it to a machine that can play those files...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well Alrighty.
Hope you like! ^.^

If you don't... I don't know how the 'normal scenes' will come across for me now that she's dead.
I'm fairly sure I can do the anger though.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 08, 2007, 04:11:33 PM
Well Alrighty.
Hope you like! ^.^

If you don't... I don't know how the 'normal scenes' will come across for me now that she's dead.
I'm fairly sure I can do the anger though.

nuuuuuuuuuuuu!   Hennya's not dead, she's just... um...

sleeping.

Yes, totally sleeping.

All snake-girls get cut in ten pieces before going to sleep.  Didn't you know that?

Sienna Maiu - M T

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 08, 2007, 04:11:33 PM
Well Alrighty.
Hope you like! ^.^

It's an excellent performance, but I haven't been able to find a way of removing the background noise without ruining it  :<

Is it possible you could use a headphone extension or something for the mic, and record in a different room to the machine?

Sienna Maiu - M T

huh...
I didn't hear any background noice...

I shall try again then ;-;

Tapewolf

Sienna Maiu - M T

My headphones don't seem to want to work on this computer :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 10, 2007, 04:01:08 AM
My headphones don't seem to want to work on this computer :<
That might explain it.  Noise like that is less obvious through speakers, not least because if you're playing it back through the machine that it was recorded on, the recording noise will be masked by the noise of the computer itself.
If you stick it on an MP3 player and turn off the computer (or listen in another room) you should hear it.  Anyway, do you think you can re-record it further away from the computer?

Fuyudenki

yeah, there's a definite reverb effect, almost like you're being recorded live at a play with a mediocre-quality video camera.(I' reminded of some older PBS specials.)

Honestly, I think I liked the old one better, but I don't quite remember.  I should check it out.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well I'll give it another go. I didn't have my microphone that night, so I was only using the one built into my laptop. Sure, my mp3 is handy, so I'l just pop the file on over. Well... I suppose first I might need to convert it, right?

Well, I've basically prepared for any eventuallity, if necessary I'll just record on my player.

Here's hoping for the future. And I'd best do it before next week, while my mind still tells me that Hennya can be alive.
(Just like Asuma! I swear he's not dead! I swear it!!!)

Fuyudenki

Your microphone would be best.  I've tried MP3 player microphones.  The quality is slightly below radio, and has a lot of static.  As you can plainly hear.

Tapewolf

Just one more voice from Miaka, and I'll be able to finish Disasters :P

Anyway, does anyone by any chance have contact with Brunhidden?  He was moving house, and presumably hasn't yet regained his internet connection.  I'd like to get going with the Church project, which will require Abel, although I can sub for him myself if need be.

Fuyudenki

I'll mention it to him if I see him on AIM before he shows up in here.

CameronCN

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2007, 04:53:33 AM
I'd like to get going with the Church project, which will require Abel, although I can sub for him myself if need be.

I'd be happy to, if it came to that...
Okay, not happy, ABSOLUTELY THRILLED. :eager

Tapewolf

Quote from: CameronCN on September 25, 2007, 03:24:03 PM
I'd be happy to, if it came to that...
Okay, not happy, ABSOLUTELY THRILLED. :eager

Mmph... we had about 5 people vying for Abel's role.  Anyway, this would just be as a temporary measure to sort out the timing until he returns.  IIRC we are still in need of a Biggs, though.

CameronCN

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2007, 05:17:43 PM
Mmph... we had about 5 people vying for Abel's role.  Anyway, this would just be as a temporary measure to sort out the timing until he returns.  IIRC we are still in need of a Biggs, though.

Weeeal...no. Biggs is just too sleazy for my taste. Thanks anyway. :3

Fuyudenki

Tapewolf, you still have samples of my voice, do you think it would work for Biggs?

In other news, does Pip have any other needed lines?

Tapewolf

Firstly, here's tonight's clip from the Disasters project:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_317.wav.mp3

... I also have an uncensored version where the ambient water sounds include me shouting 'F_ck!!!' after splashing too hard and soaking my trousers.

Quote from: CameronCN on September 25, 2007, 05:41:40 PM
Weeeal...no. Biggs is just too sleazy for my taste. Thanks anyway. :3

Albanion?  I'm not sure we have one of those...

Quote from: Raist on September 25, 2007, 09:05:52 PM
Tapewolf, you still have samples of my voice, do you think it would work for Biggs?
He should be higher-pitched than your normal voice, but see what you can do.  Do you want to try the 718.3 line?  (And 718.4 - he should sound frightened)

QuoteIn other news, does Pip have any other needed lines?
Actually, the lines for 320 would be useful.  I still haven't decided whether to include it...

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on September 29, 2007, 05:56:29 PM
I loved that scream XD
Heh... Zoom digital delay.  I got the idea from Red Dwarf.
The hardest part was getting Miaka's voice to sync with the music.  This couldn't be done digitally and flown in because it had to be slowed to a halt at the end.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: Zedd on September 29, 2007, 05:56:29 PM
I loved that scream XD
Heh... Zoom digital delay.  I got the idea from Red Dwarf.
The hardest part was getting Miaka's voice to sync with the music.  This couldn't be done digitally and flown in because it had to be slowed to a halt at the end.
Well still..I can see the terrorfied face of doom

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 07:03:56 PM

It worked out rather well.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 25, 2007, 04:53:33 AM
Anyway, does anyone by any chance have contact with Brunhidden?  He was moving house, and presumably hasn't yet regained his internet connection.  I'd like to get going with the Church project, which will require Abel, although I can sub for him myself if need be.

Sorry, we should recieve internet connection tuesday...ish. definately tuesdayish. at the moment i snuck on at work while the other boss had to leave urgently... i would have thought being one of the bosses would grant me internet acess but noooo.

It took us over a month to move everything, despite being only 5 minutes away between places, about half of that time was spent trying to fix up the old craphole to get our security deposit back...and, oh yeah, the wife has pnumonia so i did it alone, am trying not to be infected myself, and i spend much of my time serving her nearly imobile whim.

heres hoping i stop coughing like someone kicked a goose before the net returns, cause all i need is to know my lines, have a bit of free time, and someone to tell me how exactly to get the recordings to TW, and i can crank out some lines quick. having several takes of each and a bit of coaching would probably help.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 30, 2007, 05:39:52 AM
heres hoping i stop coughing like someone kicked a goose before the net returns, cause all i need is to know my lines, have a bit of free time, and someone to tell me how exactly to get the recordings to TW, and i can crank out some lines quick. having several takes of each and a bit of coaching would probably help.

The lines can be found here:
http://llearch.net/radio/Chapter_20.txt

You can send the lines by email, that's probably best.  I do have an FTP site, but space on that is limited and you can fill it very quickly if you don't know what you're doing.

Do Abel's lines and his thoughts in Merbel form... I'll do the actual Merlitz lines.  Llearch seems to have marked those in square brackets so look closely.  Might be an idea to print it out and highlight the ones you're doing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

If needed, I can mess with the output to provide a more useful sort of result for scripting...

Just say how you want it done, and I'll write some sort of script to do it automatically... ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2007, 07:26:17 AM
If needed, I can mess with the output to provide a more useful sort of result for scripting...

Just say how you want it done, and I'll write some sort of script to do it automatically... ;-]

It would be nice to split them up so Abel's thoughts are attributed to 'Abel' and his voice is attributed to Merbel.
Ditto for Dan/Danielle.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ok. I'll see what I can do. It might take me a bit of time, though.

In the short term, I'll do a quick manual chop and change. Strips 695 through 698, then 704 through 710, then 720 through 723, right? So if I do 695 through 723, and put that up, that'll sort it, no?

(and then work on something to provide script-style output, rather than comic-strip style as it is)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2007, 03:13:23 PM
In the short term, I'll do a quick manual chop and change. Strips 695 through 698, then 704 through 710, then 720 through 723, right? So if I do 695 through 723, and put that up, that'll sort it, no?

Yeah, if you could... that should cover it for the project at hand.