Ask the All Purpose Fox - The Next Generation!

Started by Azlan, May 12, 2007, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eibborn

Quote from: Xeksue on May 22, 2007, 03:03:55 PM
Ok, the top part your back is in pain and its not your spine, and the top of your right foot is in pain aswell, you already got your blood tested and you are relatively normal and your not suffering from any viruses or anything and don't have arthritis, pain relievers don't really work and your not a fan of drugging yourself up, oh yeah and your self esteem is relatively normal aswell, what do you do?!  :mowdizzy
Take up heavy drinking?  ;)
/kicks the internet over

Gabi

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 22, 2007, 09:42:13 PM
Quote from: Xeksue on May 22, 2007, 03:03:55 PM
Ok, the top part your back is in pain and its not your spine, and the top of your right foot is in pain aswell, you already got your blood tested and you are relatively normal and your not suffering from any viruses or anything and don't have arthritis, pain relievers don't really work and your not a fan of drugging yourself up, oh yeah and your self esteem is relatively normal aswell, what do you do?!  :mowdizzy
Take up heavy drinking?  ;)
I don't see any tea in here. Tea-bringer, bring us some tea! (Please. ;))

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 22, 2007, 11:57:26 PM
[Big Image]
WHY HE LEAVE? :<
He probably had more important things to do.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

How would you like your tea?

For that matter, what sort of tea would you like?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Hmm... since you ask, Jasmine tea would be nice right now. Warm (don't let it boil), with a spoonful of honey (or two if the honey's still liquid). Thanks.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

D'you know, I've never had Jasmine tea. Can you please describe the flavour?

Whaaaat, I can't ask questions too?
<.<  >.>
*Serves tea sneakily*
The mods won't frown on this tiniest bit of unobtrusive role play, will they?  :sigh
Why don't we have a 'sugar-eyes' emoticon?
/kicks the internet over

Gabi

Quote from: e_voyager on May 23, 2007, 06:56:44 PM
Gabi do you ever grow your own tea.
No, but I do grow mint in my garden and sometimes I put it in my tea.

Quote from: Eibbor_N on May 24, 2007, 02:19:11 AM
D'you know, I've never had Jasmine tea. Can you please describe the flavour?

Whaaaat, I can't ask questions too?
<.<  >.>
*Serves tea sneakily*
The mods won't frown on this tiniest bit of unobtrusive role play, will they?  :sigh
Why don't we have a 'sugar-eyes' emoticon?
It's hard to describe a flavour, but it's soft and flowery. And it smells of jasmine.
Of course you can. Everyone can ask questions.
Thanks for the tea. :)
I don't think so, It's just tea... it's not like you're pretending to be someone you're not. The forms of punishment that have been delivered so far have involved more roleplaying than that, and you are the official tea bringer after all. Why would they let us have a tea bringer and not allow him to bring tea?
Because no one's made one yet. Feel free to make one if you want to.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gabi on May 24, 2007, 10:21:09 AM

Does that mean we end up with an Invader Zim Sugar Eyes emoticon?

... is anyone else scared by that concept?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2007, 10:23:55 AM
With the solid red eyes, I'm not sure how that would be quite possible.

Anyway.  The Visual Studio 2005 C++ compiler has the ability to generate applications for Win32 (probably Win64 as well), WM2005, and PocketPC 2003.  Win32 and WM2005 work.  When asked to build for PocketPC 2003, it produces something which is about 25% bigger than the same application built by EVC4 and does not actually run on the target device ("This is not a valid PocketPC application").

Analysis via DUMPBIN indicates that it has created a program using the THUMB instruction set instead of ARM4.  It was explicitly told via the compiler options not to do this.  Forcing it to build for ARM4T (THUMB) in the hopes that it will do the opposite to what I tell it resulting in a THUMB application anyway.

Do any of the APFs know how to knock some sense into this piece of crap?
Failing that, does anyone know how to make the EVC4 debugger not seize up when there are multiple threads in the target application?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Quote from: Gabi on May 24, 2007, 10:21:09 AM

It would be weird, but not quite scary, I think.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2007, 11:39:43 AM
With the solid red eyes, I'm not sure how that would be quite possible.

Anyway.  The Visual Studio 2005 C++ compiler has the ability to generate applications for Win32 (probably Win64 as well), WM2005, and PocketPC 2003.  Win32 and WM2005 work.  When asked to build for PocketPC 2003, it produces something which is about 25% bigger than the same application built by EVC4 and does not actually run on the target device ("This is not a valid PocketPC application").

Analysis via DUMPBIN indicates that it has created a program using the THUMB instruction set instead of ARM4.  It was explicitly told via the compiler options not to do this.  Forcing it to build for ARM4T (THUMB) in the hopes that it will do the opposite to what I tell it resulting in a THUMB application anyway.

Do any of the APFs know how to knock some sense into this piece of crap?
Failing that, does anyone know how to make the EVC4 debugger not seize up when there are multiple threads in the target application?

It all boils down to Visual Studio not doing what you want it to do... which is not unusual, in my experience. Maybe you should try another compiler, better suited for building PocketPC applications.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on May 24, 2007, 12:19:06 PM
QuoteDo any of the APFs know how to knock some sense into [VS2005]?

It all boils down to Visual Studio not doing what you want it to do... which is not unusual, in my experience. Maybe you should try another compiler, better suited for building PocketPC applications.
As far as I know it's the only available compiler for WM2005.  In any case, I've actually figured it out.  Is it permissible to answer my own question in order to further the great fox knowledgebase?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Zedd

Kenji

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 26, 2007, 04:09:22 AM
What's a Grecian urn?

Probably more than I do.

Quote from: Zedd on May 26, 2007, 04:46:21 AM
Whats your favorite flavor of jello?

The kind with girls rolling around in it.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Dakata

Why does everyone think I inheried my artsy-ness from my parents, when neither of them can draw to save their lives? :dface And my grandparents can't draw either...

How come whenever someone asks who I inherited my artsy-ness from, my parents fight about it? ("LOL Dak GOT IT FROM ME. :D" "NO, ME D:<" "OMFG NO, ITS ME", ect.)

If my parents are taking away my desktop computer and giving it to my [6 year old] brother, should I put alot of annoying music on it? If so, can you recommend some annoying songs? So far I've got the Numa Numa song and Day Oh (From [Ekkosangen], LOL)...and Crawling by Linkin Park, just 'cuz my brother's emo-ish. :<

Eibborn

Quote from: Dakata on May 26, 2007, 04:58:38 PM
Why does everyone think I inheried my artsy-ness from my parents, when neither of them can draw to save their lives? :dface And my grandparents can't draw either...

How come whenever someone asks who I inherited my artsy-ness from, my parents fight about it? ("LOL Dak GOT IT FROM ME. :D" "NO, ME D:<" "OMFG NO, ITS ME", ect.)

If my parents are taking away my desktop computer and giving it to my [6 year old] brother, should I put alot of annoying music on it? If so, can you recommend some annoying songs? So far I've got the Numa Numa song and Day Oh (From [Ekkosangen], LOL)...and Crawling by Linkin Park, just 'cuz my brother's emo-ish. :<

It's interesting the way that people assume artistic ability is inherited. I actually get the same thing, but maybe it's justified considering that my grandpa is an awesome painter and singer and all sorts of artsy things and my dad plays saxophone pretty well. The fact that they jokingly argue about who gave art to you shows that they're proud of it, though! It's a good thing! :D 'Though it may get annoying.

As for your computer- be careful! He may like the music and listen to it ALL THE TIME and learn the lyrics and SING THEM ALL DAY until you go insane!
/kicks the internet over

Zedd

Can Abel see why Jyyras like the sweet taste of Cinnmon Toast Crunch?

Gabi

Quote from: Zedd on May 27, 2007, 04:51:45 AM
Your post is ebil (so evil it's even spelt wrong).

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on May 27, 2007, 09:23:39 AM
Quote from: Zedd on May 27, 2007, 04:51:45 AM
Your post is ebil (so evil it's even spelt wrong).

The Gabi is teh truthful.

However, any of the DMFA'ers can see why Jyrras would like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Because Jy needs his sugar supplies in order to keep a constant 20 feet between him and his fans.

Castle Pokemetroid

Why do shows need theme songs? Is it a requirement?

Kenji

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on May 27, 2007, 06:40:22 PM

It's a catchy tune that grabs your attention, makes you remember it, and gives some previews of the show.

People always remember music. It gets stuck in their head. Makes em remember what's related to it.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on May 27, 2007, 06:40:22 PM

This is the 30-seconds-to-a-minute of rough grace period that most TV programs allow for in order to help people who are recording manually (as opposed to TiVo) get their recording devices ready, run around to turn on a TV in the other room, or whatever ritualized behavior people do for shows so that there is both a) a shorted amount of time they actually need to create content for, and b) to help remind people what the frack it is they're watching.

Also, the theme song can be likened to a Pavlov-esque method of getting butts in the seats when people hear it.

Gabi

Jigsaw Forte, I appreciate your filler, but not your rule-breaking.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Am I allowed to watch Jigsaw Forte get grounded? :-]

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2007, 08:26:42 AM
There are no rules against watching. But I'd much rather someone fetched Ink, or at least one of the other APFs for that purpose. Delivering punishment is not something I particularly enjoy.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Gabi on May 28, 2007, 08:28:07 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2007, 08:26:42 AM
There are no rules against watching. But I'd much rather someone fetched Ink, or at least one of the other APFs for that purpose. Delivering punishment is not something I particularly enjoy.

Crap. What'd I do?

Aridas

You answered a question when y-

Er..

May I be excused?