Abels story 5/5/07 Page #86 Blank Memory

Started by Zedd, May 05, 2007, 03:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

the mentioning he has rehearsed the speech leads me to believe theres a REASON for all this- as though he killed cid on accident and assumed his identity for some reason we do not know. really, its not like he couldn't have just walked off and incubi'd somewhere else, or killed wifey dear years ago. no, theres a reason he decided to stay, become a goofy retired adventurer and a loving father, get a job, and stay with one woman for a quarter century.

the reason is probably 'for shits and giggles' but hey, its a reason.

Quote from: Zina on May 05, 2007, 05:17:08 AM

*scratches facial hair* do sideburns affect the level of dastardly? how does a 'van dyke' rate? i am curious and need to know if i should change my shaving habits before people accuse me of being an evil twin.

QuoteSpeak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

multani82

wow this is getting pretty interesting. Ok so abel is 24 right now and Aniz killed cid a year prior to abel's birth. That we can understand now. So the question remains still is why? Why the 25 years of deception. Did he kill Cid for a reason other than to have a cubi child? Or, was there something else more potent behind this curtain of deceit? For a villian, Aniz isn't really showing much of the dasterdly evil we all think of in a villian.

Sid

Quote from: multani82 on May 05, 2007, 08:08:24 AM
wow this is getting pretty interesting. Ok so abel is 24 right now and Aniz killed cid a year prior to abel's birth. That we can understand now. So the question remains still is why? Why the 25 years of deception. Did he kill Cid for a reason other than to have a cubi child? Or, was there something else more potent behind this curtain of deceit? For a villian, Aniz isn't really showing much of the dasterdly evil we all think of in a villian.

Cubi get WAY old. 25 years in disguise isn't terribly long for him. It may have been a simply "I wanna see their faces when they find out the kid's a Cubi!" gig. He obviously waited for that day (rehearsed speech and all that), so it's unlikely he wanted to keep the show up forever.
:boogie

Shadowcatcher

Tycoon

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 05, 2007, 06:57:41 AM
Quote from: Netami on May 05, 2007, 06:38:27 AM
Quote from: Zaon on May 05, 2007, 05:22:27 AM
Quote from: Netami on May 05, 2007, 03:32:28 AM
Quote from: Illusionist on May 05, 2007, 03:23:45 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on May 05, 2007, 03:03:39 AM
Perhaps a cold iron knife to the skull would jog your memory.

No! Don't kill Aniz!

Kill Aniz!

DON'T KILL ANIZ

KILL ANIZ

DON'T KILL ANIZ!

Aniz may only be killed by Shonen AI.

Abel x Aniz, anyone?  :P

Anyways, I just want to applaud Amber for the recent comic. Well-made, all of them. This one even made me laugh out loudly. I just hope that Aniz survives for a while longer, he's one of the more interesting characters (I'm not entirely sure if he is even a villain at this point) on the internets.

Regal

I don't think the attempt at humor fits here, other than to show us he's a jerk which has already been established.

Sunblink

No! Don't kill Aniz!

Kill Aniz!

DON'T KILL ANIZ

KILL ANIZ

Oh God, somebody PLEASE make one of those icons where it switches from "Kill Aniz!" to "DON'T Kill Aniz." XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zaon

Alondro

*Charline squee*  Ah, kill everybody!  That'd be the mostest fun!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams

thegayhare

okay my theory on Anizreasons for the 25 year masqurade

It's been said before that Abels clan is rather small correct?  So small it's barely a clan.
So that would make children of the clan rare, and very valuable.  Now I don't belive Aniz is Devins father but assuming he was a creature as well and using that as a referance the marrying of beings to create offspring to bolster your numbers is not uncommon even if Beings don't know it themselves. 

When Abel was born Aniz got lucky, Abel had wings so it was likely he was a cubi.  With a small clan he doesn't have as big a suport net as larger clans so the best way to protect abel from the clans eneimes was to keep him off the radar, 25 years isn't much to a long lived race like the cubi especialy to protect such a valuable investment like a new clan member. 

As for why do it like this? perhaps Aniz believes this is the best way, maybe it's how he was raised.  The clan are like cokoos insinuating themselves into existing families to raise there offspring. 

Alan Garou

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 05, 2007, 10:18:12 AM

No! Don't kill Aniz!

Kill Aniz!

DON'T KILL ANIZ

KILL ANIZ
DON'T KILL ANIZ!

Donation war senses tingling.... :U
Awesome! I vote for Abel killing him. But I have to admit, this comic make me like the guy a bit. Oh well, I tend to like everyone a bit.

Zaon

Quote from: Alan Garou on May 05, 2007, 10:52:33 AM

No! Don't kill Aniz!

Kill Aniz!

DON'T KILL ANIZ

KILL ANIZ
DON'T KILL ANIZ!

Awesome! I vote for Abel killing him. But I have to admit, this comic make me like the guy a bit. Oh well, I tend to like everyone a bit.
I vote to not kill Aniz

Aridas

I wonder if all this is just Aniz's way of saying "I screwed up and felt bad, but now my cover is blown so i'll probably just kill you guys ok bye"

Psaakyrn

I don't think Cid knows the extent of Abel's capabilities of mindreading..
How much does Abel know of Aniz?

(and on why Aniz is acting the way he is currently.. if he also consumes confusion, he's doing a good job at creating it.)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

multani82

yep but I'm still holding out on the diabolical evil thing. We dont know why he killed Cid. Maybe there was another reason he killed Cid other than to take his place.
Abel doesn't look like cid in anyway as by several reasons
1.eyes just dont match up(abel has NO red in his eyes)
2.Wing color and style dont look anything like one another (look at dan and compare it with his mother's wings. They are exactly the same style)
3. I may be wrong but, I dont see any features that resemble Aniz in any way found on Abel's physical anatomy save the Cubi mark.

Illusionist

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 05, 2007, 11:22:44 AM
I wonder if all this is just Aniz's way of saying "I screwed up and felt bad, but now my cover is blown so i'll probably just kill you guys ok bye"

"Can I kill you plzkthx?"

keru

Amber is keeping me in suspense...AMBER = EBIL!!!!

MaskedRetriever

PANEL FIVE MAKES HIM ADORIBLE WHY IS HE ADORIBLE HE CANT BE ADORIBLE HES EVIL--

I mean, um.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Fa'lina levels of psychotic glee-smashery merged with Kria-esque disreguard for Beings lives.  I'm almost leaning towards Aniz not being kill-it-with-fire evil at this point because he's just so loveable with the one headwing flipped up like that but that's GOTTA be an act...

-___-

I can hope that he killed Cid in self-defense in an honest Cubi/Adventurer conflict, decided to go see the "home of his enemy" and then got to enjoying May's company a bit too much then decided he'd break it off when the kid was old enough to take care of himself and throw a little violence in the mix to make sure May thought of him as that villianous Cubi who murdered my husband as opposed to that-- that guy-- who sort of is but isn't my husband...

But I'm probably wrong.   :mowsad

Psaakyrn

Quote from: multani82 on May 05, 2007, 11:29:35 AM
yep but I'm still holding out on the diabolical evil thing. We dont know why he killed Cid. Maybe there was another reason he killed Cid other than to take his place.
Abel doesn't look like cid in anyway as by several reasons
1.eyes just dont match up(abel has NO red in his eyes)
2.Wing color and style dont look anything like one another (look at dan and compare it with his mother's wings. They are exactly the same style)
3. I may be wrong but, I dont see any features that resemble Aniz in any way found on Abel's physical anatomy save the Cubi mark.

Similarities:
1) Wing type: feathery, black tips.
2) Hair colour: brown tips (More closely matches Aniz's shade of brown than Cid's shade of brown)

Other notes:
1) Cid has brown eyes, so it doesn't explain the green eitherway.
2) Frankly, the only similarity we've seen between Dan and Destinia is the wings and eyes.

Other thoughts:
Kria did say she'll come by later...

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on May 05, 2007, 11:58:46 AM
PANEL FIVE MAKES HIM ADORIBLE WHY IS HE ADORIBLE HE CANT BE ADORIBLE HES EVIL--

Introducing... MAB'S CHIBI HELL (nsfw)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Damaris

I'm thinking that Aniz is ebil, and this is his ebil genius speech.  Honestly, though- why would he care to be flat out evil toward this group.  It's two beings and a very immature cubi- they can't do anything to him.  I see his mood swings more as a cat playing with a mouse.  He's having his fun, getting his kicks, and will eventually decide to either let them go because they're not fun anymore, or kill them.  It's not like they're major players, so he doesn't really have to take them seriously.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

nikename2

Bah I think the only reason he critically failed his evil speech roll is because hes inferring that hes gonna use an emotional overload on Abel before Abel can react. Aniz has to be reading the angry vibes emmanating from Abel, so being as evil as he is hes gonna tell him the exact nature of his next move, which none of them will know what to make of it until he actually does it.

Either that or his mind drew a blank because yeah, he forgot, or Abel unknowingly caused it somehow.

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: multani82 on May 05, 2007, 11:29:35 AM

You're right.  Aniz has yet to say "son" or anything indicating that to Abel.  Aniz might just be a lacky to the cubi that really is Abel's father.  Guess we'll find out soon.

Fuyudenki

I suspect Aniz is Abel's real father.  He practically admitted it when he whacked May and reverted to his Cubi form, and he asked Abel, "Does this look familiar?" and pointed to the clan mark of a fairly small clan, which I wouldn't expect a lot of to be running around.  For example, we've only ever seen two(confirmed) cubi from the same clan in the main comic, they're both from a very large, powerful clan(diametric opposite to Abel and Aniz's clan), and Destania is confirmed as Dan's mother.  By use of the very mathematically-termed "Squeeze Method," I think it's safe to say Aniz is Abel's father.

Fex

Quote from: Zina on May 05, 2007, 05:17:08 AM

TAKES HIS TEA A QUARTER PAST THREE or something. I forget how it goes.

:3 must pet the goatee

Quote from: Zaon on May 05, 2007, 11:20:08 AM
Quote from: Alan Garou on May 05, 2007, 10:52:33 AM

No! Don't kill Aniz!

Kill Aniz!

DON'T KILL ANIZ

KILL ANIZ
DON'T KILL ANIZ!

I vote to not kill Aniz

man I wish I had a way to pay to for that donation war then I would vote for aniz killed by shounen ai *sends my right hand to Amber as payment*

superluser

Quote from: Sid on May 05, 2007, 08:22:09 AMCubi get WAY old. 25 years in disguise isn't terribly long for him.

OK.  I've done the math on this one, but let's toss that out and look at it from a more conceptual perspective.

Humans on Earth live to be about 78 years.  Beings on Furrae live a little bit longer than that--from 75-100--but it's close enough for government business.

The oldest `cubi that we know of are Ink and Fa'Lina, both of whom are 9000 years and change.  I think it's fair to say that the average life expectancy for `cubi is no more than 10,000 years (Demonology says 3000+).  Exceptionally healthy ones might live for far longer, but that would be rare.

So `cubi live about 100 times longer than you or I are expected to.  So all the times that we see should be divided by 100 to give the `cubi equivalent.  Aniz seems to be claiming to have been playing Cid for 25 years.

I don't know how long Aniz plans to keep up his shtick, but if Hennya doesn't show up for the wedding next week, there will be problems.  Let's be extremely generous and say that today is Sunday and Hennya is eloping with no Practice Dinner or other pomp at the end of next week--14 days.  I think it's more likely that Ahnora will get concerned if she doesn't show up tomorrow.

(I don't think that he'll try to impersonate Hennya and risk getting stuck playing a wife for another 25 years)

So 25 years to Aniz should be the equivalent of .25 years (or three months) to us.  14 days to Aniz should be the equivalent of .14 days (roughly 3 and a half hours) to us.  1 day to Aniz would be like 14 minutes to us.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 10:39:02 AMWhen Abel was born Aniz got lucky, Abel had wings so it was likely he was a cubi.  With a small clan he doesn't have as big a suport net as larger clans so the best way to protect abel from the clans eneimes was to keep him off the radar, 25 years isn't much to a long lived race like the cubi especialy to protect such a valuable investment like a new clan member.

All the more reason to kill the mother right after Abel is born and spirit him away to a cave somewhere--or the SAIA daycare program.

Quote from: Damaris on May 05, 2007, 12:10:45 PMI'm thinking that Aniz is ebil, and this is his ebil genius speech.

Amber doesn't seem the type to go in for those hoary old clichés.  Which makes what Aniz is doing all the more bewildering.

Quote from: Damaris on May 05, 2007, 12:10:45 PMIt's two beings and a very immature cubi- they can't do anything to him.  I see his mood swings more as a cat playing with a mouse.

1.) Hennya is a creature.

2.) It doesn't seem like a cat playing with a mouse.  He could draw this out over months or years, if he wanted, but at the rate he's going, it will have to end tonight.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on May 05, 2007, 01:03:35 PM

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 10:39:02 AMWhen Abel was born Aniz got lucky, Abel had wings so it was likely he was a cubi.  With a small clan he doesn't have as big a suport net as larger clans so the best way to protect abel from the clans eneimes was to keep him off the radar, 25 years isn't much to a long lived race like the cubi especialy to protect such a valuable investment like a new clan member.

All the more reason to kill the mother right after Abel is born and spirit him away to a cave somewhere--or the SAIA daycare program.

YAY some one actualy looked at my theory rather then building rediculisly long quote trees repeating kill Aniz over and over again

And I have to disagree with you there Luser
Spiriting Abel off to some cave or off to Saia wouldn't be safer. 

First hiding able away.
For most most of his life up until this point Abel was as vulnerable as any being, he required food and sleep.  Things an older cubi would no longer be as accustomed to as beings. he'd be forced to leave to provide food leaving the child vulnerable till he got back.  Second living a solitary life if any enemy discoverd Aniz nearby and located his lar Abel being the only other thing there would also be instantly discovered.

Hiding in a small town is good for camoflage purposes, plus keeping the being parent alive allows you to divide up the workload.  Also taking over an established Identity also makes sense  Here he's Cid, Not that guy who moved here 25 years back, Cid was probably born and raised in this villiage. Iif any of his enemies or his clans enemies are searching They will be looking for Aniz not Cid.  Plus if any enemy does discover the location they will have trouble simply swooping in to kill the cubi since they'd have to find them first.  Then there is an automatic suport factor.  Cid saved the village time and time again If something threatened his family the whole village would rise up to protect them.

As for taking Abel to Saia,
I'd say He wouldn't want to risk it for 2 major reasons
1. even though Abel was bor with wins he might not have ended up fully cubi,  the fact that he had wins was enough to keep Aniz there or not trying again though so it was a good bet but there was still the off chance.

2. The Enimies of Abels clan aren't nessisarily all external.  Some of them could be old Rivalries from other cubi clans.  It's similer to the reaction aryana had when she was afraid a rival clan might realise Merlitz was connected to her.  Since the clan is so small It would seem to risky to place a valuable commodity in a place where it would be so exposed and possibly surrounded by enemies

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 01:34:03 PM
As for taking Abel to Saia,
2. The Enimies of Abels clan aren't nessisarily all external.  Some of them could be old Rivalries from other cubi clans.  It's similer to the reaction aryana had when she was afraid a rival clan might realise Merlitz was connected to her.  Since the clan is so small It would seem to risky to place a valuable commodity in a place where it would be so exposed and possibly surrounded by enemies

This is unlikely.  One of the conditions of being educated in SAIA is that clan members must set aside their differences while within the Academy - i.e. no violence between 'Cubi.  Merlitz is not a 'Cubi so he was fair game.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 01:34:03 PMFirst hiding able away.
For most most of his life up until this point Abel was as vulnerable as any being, he required food and sleep.  Things an older cubi would no longer be as accustomed to as beings. he'd be forced to leave to provide food leaving the child vulnerable till he got back.  Second living a solitary life if any enemy discoverd Aniz nearby and located his lar Abel being the only other thing there would also be instantly discovered.

So knock off a farmer and take over his farm.  I think you could find one or two people to help.  At the very least, I'd get May out of the picture.  Maybe kill May and run off to Zinvth.  The creatures there would probably be pretty understanding of his position.

I'd expect much less so if he kept the act up for 25 years.  At that point, she's no longer just a convenient uterus, but someone whom he's called his wife for years.  We don't allow people to torture kittens, so why should he be allowed to torture her?

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 01:34:03 PMHiding in a small town is good for camoflage purposes, plus keeping the being parent alive allows you to divide up the workload.  Also taking over an established Identity also makes sense  Here he's Cid, Not that guy who moved here 25 years back, Cid was probably born and raised in this villiage. Iif any of his enemies or his clans enemies are searching They will be looking for Aniz not Cid.

Cantiv seems to be a town full of adventurers.  Not exactly the best place for Aniz to hide out.

Plus, Cid and Aniz actually look a lot alike.  If they were looking for Aniz, and they saw Cid, they'd probably look twice, and that's all the time they'd need to consider using some sort of detection method.

Quote from: thegayhare on May 05, 2007, 01:34:03 PM1. even though Abel was bor with wins he might not have ended up fully cubi,  the fact that he had wins was enough to keep Aniz there or not trying again though so it was a good bet but there was still the off chance.

Not unless May is a creature (or some sort of bird).

Also, why wouldn't he try for more kids with May?  I've said before, I guarantee that he'd win that argument.  He knows that May's given him an incubus before, so if they're so important to him, why doesn't he keep trying?

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2007, 01:44:56 PMThis is unlikely.  One of the conditions of being educated in SAIA is that clan members must set aside their differences while within the Academy - i.e. no violence between 'Cubi.  Merlitz is not a 'Cubi so he was fair game.

Or Aniz never went to SAIA and is afraid to send Abel there because their clan was responsible for the `cubi wars and SAIA wants the clan dead or brainwashed.  >:3

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on May 05, 2007, 02:13:41 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on May 05, 2007, 01:44:56 PMThis is unlikely.  One of the conditions of being educated in SAIA is that clan members must set aside their differences while within the Academy - i.e. no violence between 'Cubi.  Merlitz is not a 'Cubi so he was fair game.
Or Aniz never went to SAIA and is afraid to send Abel there because their clan was responsible for the `cubi wars and SAIA wants the clan dead or brainwashed.  >:3

I was going to add something to that effect but it gets awkward as to why they'd let Abel into the Academy if his father is public enemy number 1.  I'm sure there's an explanation for it, but it makes the theory more complicated.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E