[#786, 05/11/07] Oh Those Crazy, Crazy Backstories...

Started by Sunblink, May 10, 2007, 09:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on May 11, 2007, 10:52:41 PM
It'd be like Dark Pegasus resurrecting again and again and getting more power each time so Dan has to keep getting new powers, but be careful lest his ebil cubi blood take control... uh-oh... I may have given Amber ideas with which to torment us!   :U

... didn't she already do that one? :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Xeksue on May 11, 2007, 09:17:43 PMWell seeing as how the Queen is Nutmeg and not her mom, I kinda doubt it. It could be possible though through some weird switched at birth thing, or Mab's mom is really her adopted mom.

Or Mab is a royalty, but not in the immediate line of succession.  Prince Albert II von Thurn und Taxis is never going to be king of Germany, and I don't think anyone from Thurn und Taxis ever was.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

I hope Mab's parents don't die on stage ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tsunari

Quote from: kaskar on May 12, 2007, 01:18:02 AM

I hope Mab's parents don't die on stage ...

Unless Mab's parents want to die that way.  Who says the deaths have to be gruesome and gross.  They could be like a space opera type death.  Or Soap Opera or perhaps any number of ways to die that is entertaining to the masses.  Heck it could even be a Shakespearian type death on stage.

rabid_fox

I wish you lot were my pupils. Sigh. So much Shakespeare love.

Oh dear.

Swift-Skink

I actully have no theories that haven't already been covered *Sheepish*...

I do think that the auction will be hilarious though! :D

superluser

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 12, 2007, 08:07:49 AMI wish you lot were my pupils. Sigh. So much Shakespeare love.

Depends what you teach.  If you teach his early work, it's crap.  I still say Romeo and Juliet is atrociously written.  Titus Andronicus is unbelievably bad.  A Midsummer Night's Dream is simple, lowbrow slapstic comedy.

Let me clarify--it's hilarious simple, lowbrow slapstic comedy, but it's not the pinnacle of English literature.

Shakespeare's later works are far, far better.  In Shakespeare's Othello, the message is one that was diametrically opposed to the original, and shows a level of tolerance that was virtually unheard of in those days.  Hamlet, The Tempest, and Much Ado about Nothing are all rightly considered to be the classics that they are.  I have never been steered wrong by a Shakespearian history, but Holinshed may have something to do with that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Zaon on May 11, 2007, 02:51:51 PM
...he was trying to get out of saying he lost it and from what he says is a violent person
I dunno, I got the impression from Azlan's various punchlines that all these things "just happened" — that Neni is a crash-bang-wallop-earthshatteringkaboom magnet in the same way as many manga and anime characters are weirdness magnets. The only thing I remember that could point to Neni being a bit... erm... hasty  :rolleyes is that "haven't been home in three months" line of Azlan's.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.