A kickass NES RPG deprived from Americans!

Started by Paavo, August 26, 2005, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paavo

Well, from the big public anyways. :D

CAPTAIN TSUBASA!!!

Anime fans might know this series, and yes it is about football (soccer). This series has been very popular and has several installations in NES, GB and SNES format. The only thing sucky is, that they are all in Japanes...EXCEPT we Europeans got the first Captain Tsubasa game for the NES in here, called Tecmo Cup-Soccer Game.  It might be you Americans got it also, but it never reached a large audience due the "soccer" name. And naturally it was a huge success in Europe thanks to the "soccer" name. Even now if you try to Google that game up, the majority of American sites have the more known Captain Tsubasa game in Japanese, and they have translated that one, eventhough the Tecmo Cup-Soccer Game is in full english!

So people who like RPGs or do not like RPGs: This one is for you! Eventhough it is an RPG/Sim, it is unique and there actually isn`t anything like this in the market. Not even close to my recollection. The RPG elements are so refreshing and not like any traditional RPG, that this should get you all enjoy the game.

You do not have to be a huge sports fan to like it, since all cool shit like the goal keeper turning into a wolf and the players shooing awesome anime-style bazooka-shots happens!!! So it is an anime RPG for the most. What is guaranteed: Classic NES tunes and the best graphics you ever seen on the NES. A novel & enjoyable game-mechanic. A must try for anyone enjoying good classic gaming.

Jorge D. Fuentes

I'm glad I got to watch that series as I was growing up... in Ecuador.
I saw all of it in Spanish, and had forgotten completely about it... until you brought it up, Paavo.

Kudos.

*praises the Paavster*

Achirio

Teme el tiro del tigre!
i saw that series here, they aired while I as in highschool and i did play the game as well, its kick ass because it mixes rpg with real football.
There was a remake of this series, basically they took all the previous episodes, digitalized them and added Adidas balls, tshirts and boots. They made new episodes where all the characters where playing in major teams (some playing in Barcelona, others in AC Milan etc etc) and in the end the world cup where the Japanese team would come together again.  I think they released the new episodes for the fifa world cup in japan on 2002.