05/03/07 Abel's Story [85] There it is

Started by AndersW, May 03, 2007, 08:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowcatcher

Been a while since I posted, but I'll share my thoughts.

First, Aniz said that Cid was dead for a very long time, yet he played Cid's role incredibly convincing, able to fool May all these years.  I wonder the heartattack scene was a demonstration of a cubi eating a soul to increase his/her own power?  Could have have just taken Cid's soul into his own body, morphed himself to look like Cid, and let Cid's soul run things while Aniz hid in the background of his own mind the whole time?  Abel is more gifted, psionics wise, then the average cubi, that could be a clan trait.  If that's the case, then Abel is not a bastard, because Cid was riding in Aniz's body throughout the entire time.  Abel just didn't get any of Cid's genetics.  That would be a very devious reality indeed.

Second, What's going to happen now?  That's anyone's guess.  He somehow has to fall under Fa'Lina's custody and move to SAIA.  I think a few more pages need to be revealed before guessing how that will come to play out.  The very first page, with Abel and the cookie in the spotlight, reminds me of the cookies Fa'Lina gave Dan at the Academy.  Cookies may very well be a 'welcome present', so the comic could very well end with the first page, after Fa'Lina welcomes him to the academy.

Third, there is still a striking resembelence between Cid/Aniz and Edward.  If Aniz is in the business of making cubibabies to restore his dwindling clan, then it's possible he could have done this game over again, and again, and again, before, and after the Abel story.  By present time, it's safe to say that Aniz has no problems posing as an adventurer.  Seeing another Cubi (Destinia) in trouble, especially one in a high and mighty clan as Dan's bio states, could have been an opportunity to garner favor with Cyra Clan, or perhaps another opportunity to have trueborn cubi with.  Dan could very well be a full-blooded Cubi and Abel is the half breed!  It would be interesting to hear from Amber how a cubi's clan gets decided when the parents belong to two different clans.  Does the maternal side always win, or is it a cosmic dice roll?  *steals Falina's cubi breeding charts*

If Aniz is Edward, then it'd be interesting to know if Destinia knows.  Aniz could be playing a very dangerous game if she doesn't know.  And it would be ironic that Abel would feel like he owes a debt to a character that his own father is pretending to be.

As for the dragons that have Edward, if he is Aniz, then it's likely they don't know what they got, otherwise he probably would be in worse condition then just in statis.

Anyways, just some ideas that come to mind.

Just a side note, I'm suprised Abel didn't even turn green at the sight of his mom's innocent blood getting spilled. (Cue in Ghost Rider)

Kenji

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
Just a side note, I'm suprised Abel didn't even turn green at the sight of his mom's innocent blood getting spilled. (Cue in Ghost Rider)

Hey, you're right! Abel has miraculously been temporarily cured of his hemophobia!

PLOT HOLE, AMBER! :raspberry

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
Been a while since I posted, but I'll share my thoughts.
[skipping the boring parts]
If Aniz is Edward
[skipping the rest of the boring parts]

Haven't we been told pretty clearly that Aniz and Edward are different bei-err...crea-err... furries?  At very least, I'd think if Edward was another Aniz disguise, Amber would not have outright told us, "Abel has never met Edward...":deadhorse

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 04, 2007, 06:41:24 PM
Haven't we been told pretty clearly that Aniz and Edward are different bei-err...crea-err... furries?  At very least, I'd think if Edward was another Aniz disguise, Amber would not have outright told us, "Abel has never met Edward...":deadhorse

Show me the proof.  And do not deadhorse me, please.

superluser

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMFirst, Aniz said that Cid was dead for a very long time, yet he played Cid's role incredibly convincing, able to fool May all these years.  I wonder the heartattack scene was a demonstration of a cubi eating a soul to increase his/her own power?  Could have have just taken Cid's soul into his own body, morphed himself to look like Cid, and let Cid's soul run things while Aniz hid in the background of his own mind the whole time?

Huh?

If some creature stole my soul, the first thing I'd do is start screaming, ``Help!  Help!  An incubus has stolen my soul and placed it in his body to devour later!  Don't trust me--check me out and make sure I'm not an incubus!  Which I am!  Help!''

You say that Cid wouldn't notice it?  Have you ever seen the Sixth Day?  Were you surprised by the `twist' ending, or were you yelling, ``That was supposed to be a `twist?'  How dumb is Schwarzenegger's character supposed to be?''  I don't think that Cid was as dumb as that guy.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMIf Aniz is in the business of making cubibabies to restore his dwindling clan,

then he probably wouldn't make it with someone from a more powerful clan, since the child would probably not belong to his clan.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMDoes the maternal side always win, or is it a cosmic dice roll?

``Huh.  This guy's clan marking is a six-sided star.''

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMJust a side note, I'm suprised Abel didn't even turn green at the sight of his mom's innocent blood getting spilled.

Or Devin's blood.  But Devin's blood makes sense, since he was squatting with his legs crossed, which would increase blood pressure and help avoid the syncope.  In 84, however, Abel appears to be standing.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

I think I have a theory on the Aniz and Abel and it all involves with Devin.

Point 1: The Back story of Devin started in www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel50.jpg The shadowy figure that left his wife when Devin was a baby I think that was Aniz for sure.

Point 2: when Devin saw Abel same age as him in www.mismab.com/Comics/Abel52.jpg there is a correlation to the fact that Aniz has two families one with Devin and one with May at the same time.

Noticed the ages of Devin and Abel both the same but in Devin case he did not become an Incubus which Abel did later on.

That's why Aniz somehow knew that Devin was not going to be the Incubus as him no clan marking and such but I have a feeling that Aniz maybe had a special power that could figure out which of his children willl carry his bloodline.

That's why he left Devin's mom to continue to shape Abel into his image knowing that he carries the bloodline in him.

That's why he mentioned that he killed Cid maybe he did it after they were married and took over in his life and at the same time continue to masquerade as the husband for Devin's mom until her use is no loneger necessary and left her for May which he thought it will be useful for him.

ChessM

DIE ANIZ!!!

*Jumps into the comic and goes Chuck Norris on him*

DON'T YOU DARE MESS WITH ABEL ANYMORE!!! >:(

(I am very upset, but go Amber!)

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: superluser on May 04, 2007, 07:09:46 PM
Huh?

If some creature stole my soul, the first thing I'd do is start screaming, ``Help!  Help!  An incubus has stolen my soul and placed it in his body to devour later!  Don't trust me--check me out and make sure I'm not an incubus!  Which I am!  Help!''

You say that Cid wouldn't notice it?  Have you ever seen the Sixth Day?  Were you surprised by the `twist' ending, or were you yelling, ``That was supposed to be a `twist?'  How dumb is Schwarzenegger's character supposed to be?''  I don't think that Cid was as dumb as that guy.

Save your hostility for Aniz, not me.  As for Cid not noticing it, you have NO information on the circumstances in which Cid died.  Aniz could have caught the adventurer in his sleep.  He wouldn't know any better in that scenario, would he?

And no, I haven't seen Sixth Day, I don't waste my time with Arnie movies anymore.  

then he probably wouldn't make it with someone from a more powerful clan, since the child would probably not belong to his clan.

Desparate men do desparate, and often stupid things.  Until we know about Aniz' true character I say nothing's off the table.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMDoes the maternal side always win, or is it a cosmic dice roll?

``Huh.  This guy's clan marking is a six-sided star.''
And Dan's marking has yet to manifest.  Wouldn't it be plot twist if Abel's clan marker turned up instead of Cyra's marker?  Yes, I know that's a stretch, because his wing-tentacles have the hallmark's of Cyra's clan, AND has Cyra's clan's affinity for pain, but that is still a possibility until Amber releases the comic strip where it finally shows up.  What if all Dan inherits is his mom's physical traits?  Abel sure didn't inherit much of his father's cubi traits, wing structure and what not.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 06:16:43 PMJust a side note, I'm suprised Abel didn't even turn green at the sight of his mom's innocent blood getting spilled.

Or Devin's blood.  But Devin's blood makes sense, since he was squatting with his legs crossed, which would increase blood pressure and help avoid the syncope.  In 84, however, Abel appears to be standing.
Maybe Abel's empty, who can say.  He certainly wasn't doing anything more then cringing behind the wagon wasn't he?

ShiningShadow made a good statement.  We don't know how old Devin is, the possibility that Aniz is his dad is still there.  With adventurers gone for months at a time, leaving their spouses alone, there is plenty of opportunity for the enterprising horny incubus to do his dirtywork.

Shadowcatcher

Clarification.  When I said we don't know how old Devin is, I meant how much older he was then Abel.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 04, 2007, 07:21:13 PM
No. Just no.

Aridas just think about it the advertering many times away from May and Devin mom.

There is a pattern to it how could he spend so much time with both of them with the lie of going on a adventure that has to fit in this theory or you have soemthing else that this is wrong on any count.

I ask you just tell me the reason why this theory is flawed?

Aridas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 04, 2007, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 04, 2007, 07:21:13 PM
No. Just no.

Aridas just think about it the advertering many times away from May and Devin mom.

There is a pattern to it how could he spend so much time with both of them with the lie of going on a adventure that has to fit in this theory or you have soemthing else that this is wrong on any count.

I ask you just tell me the reason why this theory is flawed?
Because NO.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 07:30:27 PM
And Dan's marking has yet to manifest.  Wouldn't it be plot twist if Abel's clan marker turned up instead of Cyra's marker?  Yes, I know that's a stretch, because his wing-tentacles have the hallmark's of Cyra's clan, AND has Cyra's clan's affinity for pain, but that is still a possibility until Amber releases the comic strip where it finally shows up.  What if all Dan inherits is his mom's physical traits?  Abel sure didn't inherit much of his father's cubi traits, wing structure and what not.
If i'm correct and Fi belongs to Dan now, it's impossible for that, because it's his warp aci, with his clan marking and the respective blue aura, not to mention pretty much every physical and magical trait of the clan... You're just wrong on all counts.

Aleolus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 04, 2007, 06:21:22 PM
Hey, you're right! Abel has miraculously been temporarily cured of his hemophobia!

PLOT HOLE, AMBER! :raspberry

Possibly he develops his hemophobia at a later point, potentially developing from this encounter

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on May 04, 2007, 08:16:21 PM
Possibly he develops his hemophobia at a later point, potentially developing from this encounter

Erm. http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_46.php ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 04, 2007, 07:58:16 PM
If i'm correct and Fi belongs to Dan now, it's impossible for that, because it's his warp aci, with his clan marking and the respective blue aura, not to mention pretty much every physical and magical trait of the clan...

Hmm, I forgot about the Warp Aci.  You're right, that is definitive proof.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 04, 2007, 07:58:16 PM
You're just wrong on all counts.
Why is it that people respond to my comments here with hostility?  Sheesh.  There are nicer ways to say I was off the mark with this one.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Shadowcatcher
Why is it that people respond to my comments here with hostility?  Sheesh.  There are nicer ways to say I was off the mark with this one.

DMFA FORUM HAET TACT!  DMFA FORUM SMASH!

In theory it would be bad taste if I was to answer your questions. So apologies there.

Psychogirl

Aurawyn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 04, 2007, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on May 04, 2007, 08:16:21 PM

Erm. http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_46.php ?

Thats not proof that he is hemophobic yet.. just that he reacted poorly to the site of many dead creatures and a lot of blood... Name me one person who after living the life able seems to have lead so far (( A Seemingly Normal one that lead to a job as a Librarian of all the boring professions! )) who would not freak out at the site of some dead bodies...  :)

thegayhare

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 04, 2007, 09:29:25 PM
Thats not proof that he is hemophobic yet.. just that he reacted poorly to the site of many dead creatures and a lot of blood... Name me one person who after living the life able seems to have lead so far (( A Seemingly Normal one that lead to a job as a Librarian of all the boring professions! )) who would not freak out at the site of some dead bodies...  :)

As Devin said he's always had that reaction since they were kids

I'm assuming as a kid Abel wasn't tripping over dead bodies so the implication is he reacted to Blood

Besides Amber has said herself that Abels hemophobia has always been with him

bill

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: thegayhare on May 04, 2007, 09:53:45 PM
As Devin said he's always had that reaction since they were kids

Precicely.

Doraion

Ummm, who are the admins?  Also i'm not that kind of furry Netami.  I only got fursonas meant more for action oriented rps not the yiffy kind. - -;  Sides I think the ones into just those rps are weird.  Sorry just wanted to clear that up guys. ^_^;

Roureem Egas

Well, the admins are Darkmoon, Damaris, Amber, and llearch. RJ and Bill are mods.

On a side note: you ought to improve your RP skills.

superluser

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 07:30:27 PMSave your hostility for Aniz, not me.  As for Cid not noticing it, you have NO information on the circumstances in which Cid died.  Aniz could have caught the adventurer in his sleep.  He wouldn't know any better in that scenario, would he?

I own that this is a possibility.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 07:30:27 PMMaybe Abel's empty, who can say.  He certainly wasn't doing anything more then cringing behind the wagon wasn't he?

Hemophobia causes vasovagal syncope (i.e. fainting), not vomiting.

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 07:30:27 PMShiningShadow made a good statement.  We don't know how old Devin is, the possibility that Aniz is his dad is still there.  With adventurers gone for months at a time, leaving their spouses alone, there is plenty of opportunity for the enterprising horny incubus to do his dirtywork.

Devin and Abel were playmates, which means that they would have been within a couple of years of each other.  Add in a nine month pregnancy for Abel, and it becomes virtually impossible for Aniz to be a full-time husband to both.

In addition, unless Devin's dad had a different excuse for long absences, it's pretty likely that adventurers would go out at the same time, since Cantiv isn't Neo-Tokyo, and probably wasn't getting attacked by MechaGodzilla every other week.  It would be even rarer for an adventurer to pick up the bounty, so I'm betting that most adventurers would respond to every threat.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Damaris

Quote from: Aurawyn on May 04, 2007, 09:29:25 PM
Name me one person who after living the life able seems to have lead so far (( A Seemingly Normal one that lead to a job as a Librarian of all the boring professions! ))

Librarians are not boring- they are teh crazies.

And actually, there are not as many admins as you think, although we tend to call all the moderation staff admins.  Everyone listed above is on the moderation staff, and would be able to handle any PMs or questions.

Also, Shadowcaster... I don't think they're going after you as much as another person.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Zaon

Quote from: superluser on May 05, 2007, 01:05:04 AM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 04, 2007, 07:30:27 PMMaybe Abel's empty, who can say.  He certainly wasn't doing anything more then cringing behind the wagon wasn't he?

Hemophobia causes vasovagal syncope (i.e. fainting), not vomiting.
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol627.jpg
Um...I think Abel just proved you wroung

maybe he just hasn't noticed all the blood on the floor from his mother's nose yet

Netami

Maybe he hasn't developed that fear yet because he hasn't been splattered in the blood of his mother and his best friend!!

Zaon

He already has the fear as indicated by a now dead Devin

Netami

It's not necessarily the full blown phobia so much as a really bad experience. I think if you compound his mother and best friend dying, maybe gruesomely in front of him, he'd develop the fear. Or it could be a goof up, but I never got the feeling that he was now afraid of blood in the same way his future self is.