04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetire

*walks through the internet, boots tapping loudly on the unwashed tiles, then comes to a stop at this comic*

huh?

whatzafozziewatsit?

Zibani

NUUUUU! Turn away before you realize how awesome it is!!!! (Note my sarcasm...)

:zombiekun JOIN US!!! JOIN US!!! :zombiekun

Jigsaw Forte

Does it really count as delurking if I post every couple of weeks anyway?

at any rate... Fanart must ensue! And I'm really hoping May's a Cubi too, after all that... or at least a Demon. That would explain Abel's wings much better.

Grenn

I wanna see her get up all mad with demonic wings or something and slashing Aniz while uttering some angry phrase.

That'd confuse Abel all the more. But since Abel seems to hate only his Father and has not really said anything about his mother in the normal comic, I think she's probably just the victim of Aniz's masquerade and is only a being.

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on April 28, 2007, 11:20:03 AMbut if that is him with kria during the killings, how come she says "oh what are you going to do? flunk me?" doesn't sound like a fellow student to me..more like a mentor or teacher

Selev's brother was also alive, last we heard.

Quote from: Zibani on April 28, 2007, 04:40:47 PMFor example, like superluser has said, I seriously don't believe that Aniz would seriously waste 25+ years of his life for this simple short period of time reaction. I mean even if you only did it for  a couple of months, ( whole life:scam relationship ratio) How many of you would waste that much time building a relationship and whatnot, just to get a kick out of the reaction at the end, Much less for 25+ years.( I don't care if they live to be several thousand years old, that's still a long time and he would have slipped several times.)

According to my calculations, if the average life span for `cubi is 9000 years (and we've yet to see `cubi live for 10,000 years), and the average life span for a human is 70 years, that puts the human equivalent of the time invested at two and a third months.

And the kick that he gets out of it is likely to last not more than a day or so.  The human equivalent would be something like 11.2 minutes.  So you spend two months plotting and planning for less than 15 minutes of fun.  I don't get it.

Quote from: Zibani on April 28, 2007, 04:40:47 PMThirdly I'm really not gonna buy into the "He never really loved May" Argument. I mean, he may be the best actor in the world or something, but otherwise, his past actions really don't scream 'Lack of love' to me...

I don't have a hard time believing that.  I don't have a problem with Cid deceiving May and being the incubus, but his actions don't seem to be the actions of a fully integrated personality.  Whether that's because he has a split personality or there were two different people or whatever, his actions in the latest strip seem impulsive and impetuous--not like the actions of someone disciplined enough to spend years planning this thing.  And it seems awfully crude for a plan that was thought out years in advance.

Also: ZINANIZsquid--can I have some esina-flavored ribbon candy?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zibani

1: Yeah, I guess the most logical conclusion that My mind will agree with is the Schizophrenia argument...

2: When  did it say that Abel hated his dad?
Edit:
Quote from: superluser on April 28, 2007, 05:00:59 PM
According to my calculations, if the average life span for `cubi is 9000 years (and we've yet to see `cubi live for 10,000 years), and the average life span for a human is 70 years, that puts the human equivalent of the time invested at two and a third months.

And the kick that he gets out of it is likely to last not more than a day or so.  The human equivalent would be something like 11.2 minutes.  So you spend two months plotting and planning for less than 15 minutes of fun.  I don't get it.

^^ Exactly my point, I'm just too lazy to do the math

M

I must join the club of Delurk, Must Post. :3

This comic blew me away. I did not expect this to happen, and I really liked the surprise. I'd hate to think that Cid never really existed. I really liked him. :<

And, did anyone notice that Aniz's left eye has a much darker border than his right? Could that be his clan marking? It could certainly explain the eyepatch if Cid was invented.

Manawolf

He'll be hating his dad after this.  That much is certain.

Zibani

Not if he has a good explanation for this... *Hopes*

Raire

O :

O.O

:erk :cry :mowdizzy
I'm am still shellshocked. And I joined this forum just because I HAD TO AFTER THAT DAMN PAGe. Seriously. I normally hate webcomic forums. I don't like them.

But I have to get this out of my system.

ASDFGFGAR DJFAKFHASR HDAHW ANIZEVIL I hate the guy so much. I hated him in 0.2 seconds flat.

Amber. You are the most... the most... SCKDRADFSKLDJALRSCRATCHTHAT I don't know what you are. Should I worship you for that extreme throwback of personality?

... I need to create a facebook group about you now. XD

No I don't have any crazy theories about Aniz or Abel or May. I just want Henya out of there. Now.

... Cid's heart attack still bugs me, it doesn't make sense.

I shall ramble on now.

Moonfrost

:U My favorite theory:

May, when she was young, did some foolish and selfish things (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_84.php). Perhaps she even had some, *cough* relations, with Aniz. When she fell in love with the real Cid, he got uber-jealous (probably because he believed on some level that May belonged to him now). So he goes off and kills Cid at some point (probably after they were married) and takes his place in May's affections (:U zOMG!!!)

He planned on only staying with May perhaps for a couple months, or even a year or two, or until he got bored of her. But he got so caught up in his 'act' (and possibly May's affections) that he forgot that he wasn't really Cid (:U zOMG AGAIN!!!). When he saw that his son was a Cubi, something sparked his memories and in a short ammount of time, that spark brought Aniz "back to life" (or reality :P) and, effectivly, "killing" Cid.

:giggle Either way, Aniz is still cute.

Manawolf

It was a feint, and when you've strung someone along for two decades, then break their mother's nose, I'm sorry, they're certainly not going to like you.

And he won't be cute when I'm through with him.  Playing God of War 2 gives you some ideas on what you can do with your bare hands.

DigitalMan

I am completely... unsurprised. Also not shocked nor upset. That rant about the muse thing had me worried for a minute :dface

Azraelle

Okay another thought, Aniz was the father, by tricking May into thinking he was Cid all those years ago, and is only now coming back to reap his rewards after finding out that Abel really is a 'cubi.  So the real Cid may still be out there - perhaps the "friend" he bumped into was the real Cid, and he had to dispose of him before he got home.  That way there's no 25+ years of roleplaying, 25+ years' worth of chances to slip, and 25+ years of time invested for such a small payoff.  He just now came back to claim Abel as his own now that his cover is essentially blown.

Zibani

*Glare glare* There still isn't any PROOF that this was a feint... that's all speculation, so until you can show me undeniably that the relationship wasn't genuine, I plan on being stubborn beyond all reason and disagree with you. As for the broken nose, I'm still working on an explanation for that...

and heh... you need a video game to come up with sadistic ways to kill someone? (Even if he IS as cute as Aniz)

Zibani

Quote from: Azraelle on April 28, 2007, 05:18:58 PM
perhaps the "friend" he bumped into was the real Cid
Then why would he be telling May?

superluser

Quote from: Zibani on April 28, 2007, 05:06:47 PM1: Yeah, I guess the most logical conclusion that My mind will agree with is the Schizophrenia argument...

Well, schizophrenia in the literal (schizo=split, phren=mind) sense--what we'd call dissociative personality disorder today.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 28, 2007, 05:13:43 PMIt was a feint, and when you've strung someone along for two decades, then break their mother's nose, I'm sorry, they're certainly not going to like you.

I don't dislike him (as a fictional person--in real life, I'd probably hate him).  I just think that he doesn't make sense.  And if he really does have multiple personalities, I'd probably feel sympathetic towards both Aniz and Cid.

Also, did I mention that I don't have any problem with Aniz not breaking character for 25 years?  I don't think it's that impressive a feat--just that it doesn't make sense.

Manawolf

He just broke his wife's nose.  Wifebeater = asshole, plain and simple.  Also, it was a feint, as he went from fainting from a heart attack to a sucker punch.

Also, Kratos provides some inspiration, and at least is better than Aniz.  Sure, he killed innocents, but he's recently been making it up withe slaughter of countless evil minions.  Also, he was no wifebeater, he killed his family in a blind rage like any greek hero.

Moonfrost

Manawolf

Then that's being even more of an asshole!

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on April 28, 2007, 05:29:51 PMHe just broke his wife's nose.  Wifebeater = asshole, plain and simple.

I don't think that I ever said that domestic violence was good.  Just that hate is a strong word, and I try as hard as I can not to hate anyone.

Besides, I enjoy evil characters.  The Manchurian Candidate, The Odyssey, and M all feature evil characters.  But getting inside their heads and peering out--especially when you see what they're seeing, and you know what they're going to do and why they're going to do it and you have no sympathy for the characters and you don't want them to do it, but you still get wrapped up in what the evil character is doing...

*That's* good storytelling.  I like those characters, even though they're evil.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 28, 2007, 05:43:47 PMThen that's being even more of an asshole!

Not if he's been forced *by Cid* to live with Cid's wife, because Cid and Aniz share a body.  That's still major asshole, but slightly less than beating your own wife.

FlameSword

I actually saw that one coming. I'm serious. My reaction was basically this   :tumbleweed

Zibani

Grrrr... Look I'm not even saying that you're wrong! (I really hope that you are though...) I'm just annoyed beyond all reason that some of you are taking your assumptions, what you think is right, and you're acting as though they are hard fact! It doesn't work that way! There are millions of possible scenarios to explain each individual event that has occurred thus far. Granted, some of them aren't so pretty, but just as many could have Aniz actually be a hero! Take Devin for example,  word on the street says he's an asshole, but he still decided to help guide Abel to town despite that.  So I'm not saying you should believe the way I do, I just want you to realize that just because you have an opinion, doesn't  mean that it's automatically correct.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zibani on April 28, 2007, 04:40:47 PM
For example, like superluser has said, I seriously don't believe that Aniz would seriously waste 25+ years of his life for this simple short period of time reaction. I mean even if you only did it for  a couple of months, ( whole life:scam relationship ratio) How many of you would waste that much time building a relationship and whatnot, just to get a kick out of the reaction at the end, Much less for 25+ years.( I don't care if they live to be several thousand years old, that's still a long time and he would have slipped several times.)

Okay, I was going to comment last time and forgot...

Do all of you think that the -only- confusion or pain that Cid/Aniz is going to run across in bringing up a child is -now- ?? Were you all dropped on your heads as children? Bringing up children is -constant- pain and confusion and pride and a whole passel of emotions all bundled together. Smorgasbord, if you will...

(if you don't believe me, let me introduce you to my son...)

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 28, 2007, 04:52:38 PM
Does it really count as delurking if I post every couple of weeks anyway?

... Only in comparison to those of us who post 20/day...

... I'm sure someone else does. Anyone? :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Grenn

I'm still betting that it's a posession or split person thing.

Or maybe it's just Aniz needing a son for some reason. Too bad Abel at this point has not been exposed to evil other then the events of this day where he freaked out rather justifyably. :p

There is one thing that we cal all agree on though, and that's that we can't WAIT for the next Abel's Story update! :):):)

Mab/Jyrras arc is all good, but a week of Abel's Stories would be great too. Oh well, there is only so much time in a day and we don't want Amber to have to pull 14 hour drawing days on this just to satisfy our needs. :)

Zibani

Quote from: Grenn on April 28, 2007, 06:06:25 PM
There is one thing that we cal all agree on though, and that's that we can't WAIT for the next Abel's Story update! :):):)

DINGDINGDING!!! We have a winner!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh and Grenn, I swear, every time I look at your signature, I swear it looks like Dan is getting head....

EDIT #2: Oh, and I'd just like to point out, I love how Amber's got today's Abel update link... all black so nothing is given away...

EDIT #3: GAAA! You's guys need ta post :rolleyes... I don' like editing my old ones, but I'd rather not post 2 times in a row... Anyways,  I'd also like to point out how some of us (my self included) Are getting so worked up about a fictional story...

Akisohida

It may have been said, I have not read through all 6 pages of posts yet, but what if Cid was killed by an incubus years ago and the incubus took his place to make and raise an incubus to help him spread torture and fear? All the 'Cidubus' had to do was wait untill Abels headwings came in, kill May, and twist the child to his own means?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Zibani

XD yup... several dozen times...

Manawolf

I think beating up a woman till she bleeds kind of nullifies any hero status you may have.

You think he's going to turn around and go, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, pose as your husband for 2 decades, and then leave you a broken mess on the floor."

I don't he'd mean it if he actually said it either.

Zibani

...beating... up... ? It's not that I don't also believe that he shouldn't have hit her, but last time I checked, 1 slap doesn't exactly qualify as "Beating up" Besides, do you realize how easy the human nose is to break? Well how do you know that the internal parts of a Furrae's nose aren't just as flimsy?

Also, I don't think he's gonna say that. Why? How do you know he is doing any "posing"? I still think this is the same person she married, even if it wasn't genuine...

Then there's the "broken mess on the floor" factor... She had the typical reaction for a person having her nose broken... 'broken mess' implies that she's in much worse condition than she is.

Finally, what if, for example, She was actuall some kind of creature that was actually the one doing all of the plotting and whatnot  that everyone's talking about, and in the midst of the confusion, she let a mind shield of hers slip, so Aniz figured it out. The smack could have been for that! (And I wouldn't put it past Amber)  Would he still have 'no chance of being a hero'? I think not.