04/28/07 Abel's Story [84] Wow

Started by AndersW, April 28, 2007, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

I had things to say about some things by some people, but there are too many people with just plain wrong speculation for me to cover them all... I'm going to go take myself out back now and re-enact old yeller.

solsolari

I suppose I have a few opinion and the run a little like this:
1)  Aniz has been play CID for a very long time:  The probably is no real CID. 
2)  Aniz has been using CID as a cover so that no one would suspect what he is really up to.   You have to admit, when something starts going wrong in the area, you probably don't suspect the old adventurer with a wife and kid.   Probably makes it easy to do "field excercises".   :baghead
3)  It's possible that the break in cover was caused by his son taking on Cubi appearance, not very good cover anymore if one of the two of you are Cubi.
4)  I suspect that Kria is going to show some time soon, and that if Aniz was going to kill May quickly he would have done so already.   :grave   Though I could be wrong.

Alan Garou

Aniz. Must. DIE! :boom And I'm with Kattucino. It makes a sick, depraved sort of sense that for Aniz, Abel's life is one huge sandbox. And I hate the bastard for it.

nikename2

Quote from: solsolari on April 28, 2007, 12:47:25 PMif Aniz was going to kill May quickly he would have done so already.

He can't kill them/her without crushing their lives first with the truth of the fact that May's husband, Abel's father never really existed and they were just play things to amuse Aniz' own twisted ego. There's no satisfaction to him if they never knew why this happened in the first place, remember he's trying to prove what he's capable of. Someone has to know that this happened, even if they are soon to die he has to let someone know otherwise it would have been a colossal waste of his time.

I suspect the slap across the face was him demonstrating his ego, in that "How could you not have seen this coming? EXACTLY!" kind of mentality. Again, this explains Abel's beef with Cubi who assume complete alternate identities. He's the product of one of them...

techmaster-glitch

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I totally was not expecting this. I have already said that even though I was a staunch advocate of the "incubus tricked may" theory, I really wanted the "cid is a cubi" theory to be true. but not like this. Oh god, not like this.

And to think I actually said
OH TEH NOES! Heart attack! DON'T DIE ON US, CID!
and now this. This guy is an ASSHOLE. But this is exactly what good storytelling is supposed to do. Lull you into a false sense of security, then roundhouse kick you straight in the balls. And I mean that in a good way. I have more to say, but I gotta run, for now. Be back later tonight.

Bloodwish

You know what would complete the whole dealie? May suddenly getting up as a Succubi and slamming Aniz through the wall for hitting him.

Teh Playeh getz played yo :p

*cough* sorry.

Moonfrost

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on April 28, 2007, 11:16:55 AM
Also given all this if Jyrras ever *does* crack through Abel's defense mechanisms and get that hot Cubi lovin we all want him to get, Abel is going to turn into the most ludicrously overprotective basketcase in a hurry...
:giggle That would be fun to watch :giggle Not to mention totally cute!

Although, never as cute as Aniz <3

Manawolf

Drip was cute as well, but look how he turned out.

AndersW

*sigh* why are my long important posts at the end of a page where they will get missed.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 28, 2007, 01:47:25 PM

Who is drip?

Kay Qy

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 28, 2007, 12:45:49 PM
I had things to say about some things by some people, but there are too many people with just plain wrong speculation for me to cover them all... I'm going to go take myself out back now and re-enact old yeller.
Well, you know, with this many different speculations, they can't all be right. :mowwink

And yes, I'm another one who delurked (if coming onto the forums for possibly the first time since y'all moved, if not the first time ever, counts as delurking) to say how wowed I am by the story and this update in particular. I had been thinking along terms of the disguised-cubi-one-night-stand, but this... this blows me away, and yet makes perfect sense in retrospect. You go, Amber. Kudos on being strong enough to make it the best story possible. Keep it up. :mowcookie

As for all the speculations and explanations, fascinating as it has been to read everyone's ideas, I don't think my blown-away brain is capable of much more than letting them all percolate and waiting patiently for the next update to see what happens.

Carry on, everyone. (As if you need my permission...) :mowtongue

(Quick OT comment: Good lord, how many smilies do you guys have? What are you planning to do, take over the world with them?) /OT

Moonfrost

Quote from: Manawolf on April 28, 2007, 01:47:25 PM
I never liked Drip :(  (If you're reffering to who I think you are)

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on April 28, 2007, 01:51:29 PM
Who is drip?

One of the character's in Dave Hopkin's rather disturbing comic strip 'Jack', I think.

Quote from: Kay Qy on April 28, 2007, 01:58:09 PM
And yes, I'm another one who delurked

My gods Amber, you've really excelled yourself this time.  I've always been told it's the mark of a good writer if you can get people to become emotionally engaged in your story, and given that this single strip has added at least five new people to the forum, I would say you've done that in spades.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Manawolf

Zina

Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.
Aniz clearly did it all for the lulz. I mean. Obviously.

PS. There are worse people and characters out there than Drip. I know it's maddening, but it's true. :V

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 28, 2007, 02:05:04 PM
Quote from: AndersW on April 28, 2007, 01:51:29 PM
Who is drip?

One of the character's in Dave Hopkin's rather disturbing comic strip 'Jack', I think.

He's the "Sin" in charge (?) of Lust. He's rather depraved, spends a lot of his time running Hell, and isn't much liked, for various very very obvious reasons (at least, once you read some of the strip)

Needless to say, the strip is Not Safe For Work. It's also likely to cause some people to be rather upset. Be warned.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 28, 2007, 02:05:04 PM
My gods Amber, you've really excelled yourself this time.  I've always been told it's the mark of a good writer if you can get people to become emotionally engaged in your story, and given that this single strip has added at least five new people to the forum, I would say you've done that in spades.

Seven, but who's counting? :-] And yes, once again, kudos to teh Masta.

Quote from: Kay Qy on April 28, 2007, 01:58:09 PM
(Quick OT comment: Good lord, how many smilies do you guys have? What are you planning to do, take over the world with them?) /OT

Ssshh, Pinky, they'll hear you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Quote from: Zina on April 28, 2007, 02:20:45 PM
Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

PS. There are worse people and characters out there than Drip. I know it's maddening, but it's true. :V

He's still up their in atrocities.

Kasarn

Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

ANIZ ... ZINA

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! *points*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on April 28, 2007, 02:41:50 PM
ANIZ ... ZINA

We don't know what 'his' base form looks like yet, either.  >:3
(Having said that, if Cid was really a succubus she wouldn't have been able to conceive Abel).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zina

Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

ANIZ ... ZINA

YOU FOUND ME OUT.
Time for my snazzy get-away.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zina on April 28, 2007, 02:46:44 PM
YOU FOUND ME OUT.

... you have one? Where'd you get it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rt

I'm not falling for this .. this comic is obviously a spectacular double backwards shock twist done to fool us all!

Mark my words .. just wait .. you'll see just how wrong I am  :mowtongue

Looking forward to next comic .. same mow time .. same mow channel  :boogie

Zina

GabrielsThoughts

Well I did some research on the name Aniz, the name means "forgiver of offenses" and apparently it's a girls name, so he has an excuse for growing up mean...not that he should have one.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Moonfrost

Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

ANIZ ... ZINA

YOU FOUND ME OUT.
o_o

Well, Aniz is still cute

AndersW

Wait a minute, Aniz has red eyes and May has blue eyes.  So how does Abel have 1 Blue and 1 Green eye?

Nino

Quote from: Moonfrost on April 28, 2007, 03:24:54 PM
Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

ANIZ ... ZINA

YOU FOUND ME OUT.
o_o

Well, Aniz is still cute

Meh, I liked the original young Cid better.

Oh, and the theory that Dan's dad killed Aniz? I like it, definitely. They still look too similar to be coincidence though, in my opinion.

Edit: And Amber has crafted this story well. It's hard to get me to hate a character, but she's done it.

Zedd

I noticed this thred is the only one getting attention

nikename2

Quote from: AndersW on April 28, 2007, 03:57:10 PM
Wait a minute, Aniz has red eyes and May has blue eyes.  So how does Abel have 1 Blue and 1 Green eye?

Its possible Aniz wasn't working alone in all of this, regardless if he himself was aware of it. Kind of like a master and an apprentice, or atleast a partner in crime, someone to share his twisted acting experience with. Either this or Aniz has reached the point where he can influence his own DNA to force an outcome of his choosing on his offspring, which is unlikely.  :rolleyes

Stygian

Quote from: Moonfrost on April 28, 2007, 03:24:54 PM
Guys.
Guys.
You have it all wrong.

ANIZ ... ZINA

YOU FOUND ME OUT.
o_o

Well, Aniz is still cute

You said it. Now, I just wish that I could steal your signature...

And also; red eyes are caused by a lack of pigmentation in the eye, as far as I know. Or they may be an offshot of brown, seeing as how we're not dealing with human genetics here. In any case, Aniz may very well be carrying genes that would let Abel have the heterochromatic blue and green eyes. There is no way of saying that he could or couldn't be.

And ten bucks says that he's doing this out of revenge. Whether against Cid or May, I do not know, but...

Zibani

:sigh So I guess that I'm the ONLY one who Is actually on Cid's/Aniz's side? (And no, it's not just because I agree with Moonfrost in that Aniz = Uber smex...)

For example, like superluser has said, I seriously don't believe that Aniz would seriously waste 25+ years of his life for this simple short period of time reaction. I mean even if you only did it for  a couple of months, ( whole life:scam relationship ratio) How many of you would waste that much time building a relationship and whatnot, just to get a kick out of the reaction at the end, Much less for 25+ years.( I don't care if they live to be several thousand years old, that's still a long time and he would have slipped several times.)

Secondly, Of course Aniz had to be there the entire time. Last time I checked, Even if it's hidden, one of the parents still has to be a cubi, so i have no clue where all you people are getting this "ZOMG!!!11!!oneone!!1! Aniz must have killed Cid and taken his place before all this started!!!" reaction. I mean, seriously, none of you can realize that If his intention WAS to do this to May, You people act like Aniz wouldn't have been creative  enough to make his own 'character' to play as. (( The 'there never really was a Cid' Believers excluded))

Thirdly I'm really not gonna buy into the "He never really loved May" Argument. I mean, he may be the best actor in the world or something, but otherwise, his past actions really don't scream 'Lack of love' to me...

Finally(For now) Random, but: I know that someone pointed out that Aniz's left (Our right) Headwing is kinda retarded... (maybe because he's still transforming, but still) but has anyone else noticed that for a cubi, He is somewhat lacking in... backwings...?

Edit: Woots! 8th delurker!!!

Dang... Edit 2: Oh, and My explination for the 'heart attack' that fits into this, is that he'd been in "Cid form" for so long that it... hurt...or something... when he was transforming back... No I still can't explain the slap...