The Kangaroo Rat that Roared ...

Started by kaskar, April 14, 2007, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskar

A  Kangaroo - Rat seems to be a major figure ( in the plot line ) .  Not only is he under surveilence from the creature council, but also is a figure behind 'patches', Lorenda's various plotlines, and what of all that nasty military  equipment in his place . What the council doesn't know can hurt them .  Seems that if they try to put the pressure on him, he can pack a punch if needed  Also, what would happen if attack Death bringers were sent out in packs like with the mows ? Agast !
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

well, here's a fun fact
These little guys

are the mascots to The British 7th Armored Division known also as "the desert rats" so they do have a distinction in battle  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Turnsky on April 14, 2007, 06:44:42 AM
well, here's a fun fact
These little guys

are the mascots to The British 7th Armored Division known also as "the desert rats" so they do have a distinction in battle  :P
Er... no, if you follow the link to the Army unit, it mentions that the shoulder patch is actually a jerboa (a local North African critter), not a kangaroo rat (a North American critter). The two look alike only because of convergent evolution — they live in similar environments.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

kaskar

What about the basement rats now, are they in the commando underground forces ?

Cogidubnus

No. They're just there for the cable and poptarts.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 14, 2007, 11:29:26 PM
No. They're just there for the cable and poptarts.

But you don't know that the Cabel box and the foil of the poptarts can be used as an advance signalner I saw those with my aluminum hat I tell you  :B.

kaskar

Any of you lot ever see the 1960's Movie 'The Mouse that Roared', with Peter Sellers, Peter Sellers, and Peter Sellers ?
Follow that plot thru with Jyrras in mind ...

Gildedtongue

Zedd

Hush or I will feed you to the boxman :<

Gildedtongue

Zedd

SpottedKitty

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 02:57:19 AM
Follow that plot thru with Jyrras in mind ...
Well, yes, I can see that working quite well... but who would take the part of Peter Sellers?   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

superluser

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 15, 2007, 11:32:27 AMWhat?  I've got proof!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/gildedtongue/Dune.jpg

Very nice, but I thought Muad'Dib was Mickey Mouse?

Edit: eep!  forgot to remove the image!
Edit edit: Why is his mom playing the part of Chani?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

great, now i'm picturing amber doing a giant Shai-hulud impersonation.  :mowdizzy

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Gildedtongue

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 02:08:31 PM

Edit: eep!  forgot to remove the image!
Edit edit: Why is his mom playing the part of Chani?

Bleh, been ages since I've seen the Lynch version, thought that woman was supposed to be Lady Jessica.

Quote from: Turnsky on April 15, 2007, 03:15:59 PM
great, now i'm picturing amber doing a giant Shai-hulud impersonation.  :mowdizzy

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

superluser

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Saist

oh... good... I saw "blued up" and  panicked. Alright no reason to panic here. I am not the Maud'Dib you were looking for...
* je.saist waves paw and tries to remember the command voice to get people to forget they saw anything.

kaskar

Yes, Jyrras as Muad'Dib, spaced out on spice, and riding a sand worm, a leader to all . Also , remember , all the mental powers that Maud'Dib had ? ( isn't everyone a bit mental ? ) But what would Amber do with this ? Apart from his adaptive genius in making things , ( still suits now ? ) , where do you find a working still suit on me-bay ?

Bye the way, what is it with his fear of family, remember , " I must not fear, fear is the little death ...   " , or is that not applicable to embarresing family or social occasions ?

superluser

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 10:38:50 PMwhere do you find a working still suit on me-bay ?

I don't think I'd want to buy a used stillsuit.

Quote from: kaskar on April 15, 2007, 10:38:50 PMBye the way, what is it with his fear of family, remember , " I must not fear, fear is the little death ...   " , or is that not applicable to embarresing family or social occasions ?

I don't  know if Jyrras knows the litany.  Abel does, though.

kaskar

Who retails brand - new guarrenteed working still suits at a reasonable price ?

kaskar

I hope everyone notices that in the cast page, Jyrras has very blue eyes . A sign of the spice, maybe ? Also, if he needs an idiot hero friend to help out,  remember, Dan is an Adventurer . Almost perfect for the part . Also, can Dan shape shift to make himself less conspicious ? I wonder ? 

superluser

Quote from: kaskar on April 16, 2007, 01:14:08 AMI hope everyone notices that in the cast page, Jyrras has very blue eyes . A sign of the spice, maybe ? Also, if he needs an idiot hero friend to help out,  remember, Dan is an Adventurer . Almost perfect for the part .

You know, there's a difference between having stupid speculation for fun and taking stupid speculation seriously.  I'm still in the former.

I think Dan is more fit for the part of Muad'Dib--he's the one with prophecies surrounding him and he's the one with otherworldly powers, and Dan is the one that they can't see.

I'm not sure what part the idiot hero friend is.  Duncan Idaho wasn't stupid, and though I can see a little bit of that in Gurney, he wasn't with Muad'Dib for most of the plot.

kaskar

I wonder how Death Bringer ( Deebs ) is handleing this all . Also, is Wildy going to write another novel like she did with " Janus Bond " ?

Rythak

Quote from: kaskar on April 16, 2007, 03:16:25 AM

I wonder how Death Bringer ( Deebs ) is handleing this all . Also, is Wildy going to write another novel like she did with " Janus Bond " ?
Ohh, that was a fun part.. exept for the hole... dan+lorenda thing i just think... gah.. ehhg... *mEnTaL iMaGe*   :erk

kaskar

bye the way, if you ever watched Dune, the mother gives birth to an undersized girl due to spice and other reasons, then odds are Jyrras's mother comes up with one in her pregnancy. (thought I'd forgot that ) , and so Jyrras will no longer be the baby of the family .

Gildedtongue

Wow, people really seem to enjoy the whole Jy-Jy as Paul Atredies.

Honestly, I only mentioned it since the paragraph describing the Muad'Dib, the animal, is pretty much the North American Kangaroo Rat.