The Forest [OOC] (Open and Accepting)

Started by Moonsong, April 13, 2007, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonsong

So, this is my first roleplay on here, if I need to chnge anything, just let me know and I will do so. The way I am setting this up is modaled (spelling?) after the way I set other roleplays up on a different site.

Storyline

For as long as anyone can remember, humans and "non-humans" have lived in peace, along side one another in the land of Tymantia. They have been accepting of each other, and have virtually ignored their differences. That is, until a new religious group started to gain influence amoung the humans. It started in the cities, with the ones that had power. THen slowle, the group started to move amoung the people that lived in the poorer parts of the city, promising deliverance from poverty. THe catch was that they would have to follow the leader of the religion without question. And that meant turning away the non-humans. 'Exterminating' them in a way.

It took a while for these 'teachings' to take hold. It was not easy for the humans to suddenly turn against the beings that helped them out many times, and that they had helped out as well. But with the younger generations, the new religion started to take hold. Now, many people view non-humans, witches, demons, shifters and the like, to be followers of 'evil'. While many say that the non-humans should just be forced to leave, to go live somewhere else, there is a group that says they should be killed, made to pay for their 'sins'.

THough this sentiment has not gained strength in the smaller, more distant villages and towns, or the religion for that matter, it is starting to gain momentum.

It does not help that for the past few years livestock from the town of Dresden and its surrounding farms have been disappearing. The farmers and townsfolk originally passed it off as just being coyotes and wolves. Lately, however, people have been disappearing as well. The new religion took this as an opertunity to implicate the non-humans. They have been telling the people of Dresden that non-humans such as shape-shifters and demons are responsible for the dissapearance. At first, this was ignored by he larger part of the population. However, when these people do not return, tension begins to build. It is when a body turns up, mutilated and barely recognizable, that panic starts to set in and more and more people start to turn to the new religion to help them. Many are willing to do whatever they are told to by the 'church' if they think it will help.

How will you react? Will you be human or non-human? Will you go with the chruch or will you stay away from it? What will affect your desicions and what will the consiquences be? 

Character Sheet

Username:
Name:
Race: 
Powers:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Weapons:
Apperance:
Short Bio:  (Optional)

Profiles
[/b]

Screen Name: Deidra_Godwin
Name: Kaori McCran
Race: Anthro cat
Powers: Earth magic
Strengths: Kaori is a quick learner and is able to glean facts from almost any book. She is growing stronger and gaining more control over her powers with each season.
Weakness: Kaori is often quick to trust, and is willing to lay down her life for someone that she cares for. Though it has not happened yet, this trust and protectivness could lead her into trouble.
Weapons: A bow that once belonged to her father and a hunting knife that she keeps tucked in her boot.
Apperance: Kaori has coppery red hair and hazel green eyes, traits that many say she inherited from her mother. She has relativelly long, thick brown fur with white 'socks' and 'gloves.

Kaori has an hourglass figure, with strong arms and legs. She stands a mere 5'5", and wieghs 130 lbs. She often wears dark green or light blue shirts and plain trousers. Around her neck she wears a silver chain that has a small, silver disk depicting a naked maiden in a crouched position, one of the few things that was salvaged from her parents bodies.

Bio: Kaori's mother and father died in a forest fire when she was young, leaving the young cat to be raised and cared for by the villagers. Though most of the villagers were human, they treated her well and raised her as they would their own children. However, losing ones parents so young affects a child, and as a result she matured much faster than most of her friends.

Though none expect her too, Kaori feels that she owes it to the people that raised her to help out with whatever she can.

A few days ago, the panicked mother of one of her friends came to find Kaori. Her friend had not returned the night before, which was quite unusual for her. Kaori, worried about what might have happened to her friend, is now doing everything she can to find her.

Boog

I believe you have this mistaken for Gaia online, miss. Issue one; double posting? That's bad. What you have done here has quite possibly killed whatever the mods had left of their souls. Issue two; again, not Gaia. Don't know how many takers you'll have for this style of RP, but that's more a matter of local trends than rules.

Just figured you should know. Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Moonsong

M'kay. So.... what would you suggest. Your right actually, this is the moe I use on Gaia. So.... any tips? Anything that you would do to change this, other than not double posting it? Which I shall go change right now...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Moonsong, generally speaking, we run an OOC thread and a IC thread in parallel. This lets people discuss the game, decide if they want to join, publish character sheets, etc etc in the OOC thread, without disturbing the actual game itself.

I've edited this one to fit.

We admins also tend to give GMs a bit of slack in the double-posting area. Quintuple posting is pushing that a little... :-] I cleaned up that little faux pas as well...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

What boxface (:P) said. Two seperate threads (one for IC, one for OOC) help. I suggest looking at some of the currently running threads for an idea of how this works.

It seems to be a relatively unique setting, although my question is always this;

Tech Level?

Moonsong

Mm..... have you read The Wings Of Change? It's in Amber's links list somewhere, anywho, it's like that. Kind of medieval-ish as far as clothing and weapons go, but there are 'gizmo's' that run on magic. Like, this worlds version of a tv would be, say, a crystal ball of sorts, or a mirror that shows what you want. These items are expensive of course, to maintain, but they are available.

And thank you llearch. I'll get teh hang of this eventully >.>