Wastelands, Bunker C-17 [IC]

Started by Arcalane, April 04, 2007, 06:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

There was a soft hiss as the Control Center door opened and an engineer entered, holding a thick folder.

"Overseer, I have the files you asked for."
"Excellent. Hand them here, would you?"

The old engineer nodded, passing the folder over to the Overseer.

The Overseer was himself getting on a bit, perhaps in his mid or late 40s and starting to show grey hair here and there. Nevertheless, he kept going, ensuring the every-day operations of the bunker went on without any violent outbreaks.

He laid the folder down and opened it, examining the thin sheets of semi-transparent film and laying them down on the white table in front of him so he could read them.

"Ah, perfect. Just the people for an expedition, I think. Call them in, would you?"
"Of course, sir."

The engineer picked up a PA mic from the table, checking the system was still functional. A loud whine of feedback filled the bunker, then there was silence again.

"Uhhhh, sorry about that, folks. Would Dr. Nickolas "457782-B" Moskawitz, Ephrael Falco, GPR-M6 "Spork", Caden Brighton, uhhh... how do I say this one... goddamn machines, uhm.. ITOS? Jo? Oh, and Jean Arnage... all report to the Bunker Control Center as soon as possible at the Overseer's request. Thank you."

A soft *click* indicated the PA had been turned off as the Engineer put the mic down.

[And now we wait.] thought the Overseer...

~~

Somber/Terra Sheer:

It's been a hard trek through the wastelands over the past week or so, since your flight past the Cordon at the Northeast Mountain Checkpoint... ah hell, don't kid yourself, it was abandoned anyway. You remember stopping for the night at the checkpoint and examining a map there. To the southwest of the checkpoint is what appears to have been a large town. A large red square to the west of the checkpoint's position caught your attention, and made you mighty curious as to what could be there. A few moments later, you even found a message recorder, presumably left by the previous guards.

Unable to suppress your curiousity, you listened to it.

"This is Captain Richter of the Northeast Mountain Checkpoint, Fahlburg Mountain Ranges.

Day... hell I don't know what day it is any more. We've been sitting here for far too long waiting for any hope of any other survivors or help from the North. I've ordered the men to pack up. Lots of supplies so we can keep going. Our only hope is to head further west into the mountains. We think there's a bunker to the West. I've marked the location on the wall map for any others who find this recording and listen to it.

Please, if you find this recording, head West. Whatever you do, stay alert at all times. My men talk of things moving in the shadows and vehicles to the south. I wonder if the radiation is making them go insane, but... there was talk of something going down in Fahlburg that would help them win the war. It wasn't finished in time, and had to be shut away. People think it broke out. I've seen moving lights, climbing around the mountains. But they didn't look anything like people or vehicles I've ever seen. Strange noises at night too. Not just howls from the mutant dogs... screams of dying men, gunfire... sometimes even explosions.

Whatever you do, head west, find the bunker. Even if none of us make it there, someone has to. I expect they will be leaving their bunker soon. I only hope we can get there in time.

Captain Richter out."

A chilling message indeed. Spending the rest of the night in your beaten up old military truck that passes for conveyance in this region, you don't get much sleep. The night is quiet, thankfully. You eventually get some sleep, and decide to head out west once the sun rises.

Following the road, you eventually make it to a junction. You barely even notice the remains of two burnt out supply trucks, scattered with debris and still-burning fires. Only as you are past do you realise they may well have been Richter and his men. Nobody could have survived what happened there, much less any equipment. To the south, you can see the town. The road extends north into the mountains, following a faintly winding path to a faint shine of silver in the sunlight. Heading north, your truck makes a horrible grinding sound and lurches suddenly with a loud metallic crunch, grinding to a halt. Inspecting the damage, it appears the main driveshaft has kicked the bucket and torn itself apart in several places.

What do you do next?

Paladin Sheppard

Control Center

Ephrael perked her ears up as she heard the door hiss open, sliding back into the shadow she was about to spring from. "Hmmm." she murmered, as she listened to the enginer and the Overseer talking. After the PA anouncement, (the feedback making her grimace in pain as she was directly below the speaker for the room) she padded forward and spoke into the overseer's ear in a sultry voice. "You rang?"

ITOS

The engineer's message traveled through the communication system of the bunker, going through Johanna's main servers. Johanna identified the message as public and analysed it while passing it on to the speakers in the bunker.

"Jo. Bunker Control Center. ASAP." she thought and contacted one of the flying cameras that she had patrolling the bunker. Normally she would have contacted the Overseer through the communication system but she had noticed that it was easier for people to talk to a flying camera than to a speaker on the wall.

The two fans on the sides of the camera twisted and the camera accelerated down the corridor. It didn't take long to get to the control center.

"You called?" She asked with her usual, calm voice as she entered the room.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Boog

Dr. Moskawitz finished applying a bandage to a young woman's arm just as the announcement reached him. Returning to his patient long enough to advise against finding herself in the path of any more forklifts (for things could have been worse and other docters tended to be rather keen on replacement as opposed to repair). With that he limped off, his leg servoes complaining every so often, to the control center.

Control Center

"Hey bossman," Nickolas said, offering an exaggerated salute and running his laugh program (the closest he could do to a reassuring chuckle with his speakers making everything sound tinny) as he entered, "How's kicks?"

Somber

"Fezze..." she cursed softly as she heard the bang under her seat, followed by the grinding and clanking of metal.  Bearing her teeth, she wrinkled her nose at the acrid scent coming from under the hood.  It was either the generator or the drive train... or if her luck was holding... both.  Protectorate equipment wasn't pretty or advanced, but it was made to run forever.  When it busted, it stayed broke.

It took her an hour to verify that the truck was dead.  Maybe if she tipped it on to its side she could have tried to spot weld something... no, the transaxle was also fractured.  "Fezzerrshrek!" She cursed and gave the truck a solid thump on its underside before she pulled herself out from under the vehicle, as if it were a lover she'd found betrayed her.  "You were supposed to get me back to that pit of a town and THEN die on me.  And now you leave me here, alone?  The engagement is over!"

There wasn't much else to be done.  So far she hadn't found a score.  Salvaging the post and those two transports had yielded all of squat.  It was time to hoof it... so to speak.  Fortunately her rust red and brown Protectorate uniform... also designed to last for ever no matter how much she wanted to replace it, served as decent enough covering from the harsh sun over head.  Shouldering her pack,with rations, water, and what gear she had; she began her trek up the road.  In one ear she had an ear piece she'd wired to a radio on her back designed to pick up people talking to each other.

"Better be something with wheels at this bunker.  I'm not tromping all over the fezzing badlands for long."  She muttered as she kept a wary eye at her desolate surroundings.

Malakin

Apon hearing the summons to the control center, Spork promptly stops work on the AC system in a Blue-3 sector corridor.  Returning his equipment carfuly to its propper position in the wall mounted locker, he makes his way towards the command center.

Control Center

The doors slide open with a hiss and Spork walks in.
Silent amidst the whrr and click of the equipment, he waits for Overseer to explain the unusual distraction from normal duty. 
With increasing suspicion, Spork lets his gaze drift over the others in the room, contemplating the reasoning behind the others presence.
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Somber

"Shrep..." Terra muttered as she kelt on the edge of a crater, looking down at the green water at the base.  She fumbled in her pocket, pulling out a metal box and holding it down towards the ground.  A warning beep confirmed her instincts... the ground was hot.  Likely a depleted uranium artillery shell... and she sighed and backed away.  The rads might be low but there was a world of difference between standing on a pile of cyanide and taking a sip.  She pulled her canteen from her hip and took a sip to slow dehydration as well as she could.

The mountains were much closer now.  She could see that there'd once been some kind of community here, shattered and jumbled into ruin.  Had her situation been different she'd have eagerly poked around, but without transportation and without clean water... she turned her back and continued up the cracked and pitted road.  Theoretically this was where that patrol had been heading... but in reality she only hoped to be on the right path.  The war had rearraged land marks to make a map useless save in the vaguest sense, and right now she didn't even have a vague notion.

The Fahlberg bunkers were legendary in the Protectorate.  She'd never seen one herself, but they were reputed to be impregnable bases and automated factories designed to keep the war going.  Even when the technological and industrial giants resorted to their NBC 'super weapons' the bunkers and redoubts were designed to survive.  Honestly, she had no idea what she would do if she did find it.  She'd just have to improvise.

She huffed up the winding road.  She always hated walking.  Even when she'd been in the state academy hiking three miles a day, she loathed every step.  If nature had intended people to walk everywhere then it wouldn't have evolved the internal combustion engine.  Still there wasn't much else to do but walk... and walk... and walk...

"Fezze... there better be something at the end of this road."

Somber

Arcalane

[[Keeping Somber's side going whilst everyone groups at the CC, a little time trickery going on here... this is, technically, the future. Don't ask how I'm going to keep track of this.]]

As you head north, it's easier and easier to see the bunker up ahead, and soon enough you're standing within a sheltered compound/courtyard in front of the main doors. Getting in was easy enough... none of the doors were locked. Although getting past the vehicle gates could be an issue.

They seem unlikely to open from the outside, two massive reinforced metal bulkheads split by a thin diagonal seam, the edge clearly marked by yellow and black hazard-indicating paint. The doors themselves are blank and featureless, apart from faint grooves and scores etched into their surface by sandstorms, and C-17 written on them in large black letters, likewise worn and faded from sandstorms and general weathering.

There are several small structures scattered around in front of the bunker, inside the courtyard/compound. They look abandoned and empty for the most part, likely temporary housing before everyone was moved permanently inside, and to be used as a staging area for departure.

Several strange metallic canisters dug firmly into the ground catch your eye. Further investigation shows them to have several removeable panels (although you haven't the tools to remove them), and that the tops apparently pop up, although how you cannot tell. Easily mistaken for oversized and half-buried fuel-drums, reading the faint markings still left on one of these strange devices gives a clear indication of what they are. "Fahlbu-- --ntra- Sec--ity Civ---an Is--- Sentry Tur--t."

Fortunately, they seem quiet enough for the time being.

It's still fairly early, and the bunker doesn't seem to be showing any signs of opening... and you're pretty sure you'd hear it if it did start opening. Guess you'll have to entertain yourself until then!

~~

[[And for everyone else.]]

"Good to see you getting here so fast, people... now all we need is Mr. Caden and Mr. Jean. Then I can begin with the matters at hand. If you want to get up to speed, grab one of the plastisheets from the table. I'm sure you know how to operate them by now, but if not, just press them firmly against a surface for a couple of seconds and the entire sheet will turn opaque, so you needn't lay them down on a table. The file should already be in your database, Jo. Number 52-52-09."

The Overseer gestures to several identical plastic sheets, of the same film-like material as displayed before. Each seems to have a short history report, along with details of location points of interest... obviously written for scavengers and salvagers, though... anyone looking back up at the Overseer will have their gaze met by a smirk before he turns back to looking at the last two plastisheets on the people he called for.

bill

Le Center de la Control
Late as usual, Jean slipped through the sliding doors, hoping not to be seen entering late, before realizing how pointless that endevour would be. 

"Terribly sorry, sorry, my bad, all that", Jean said under his breath, walking over to the table the Overseer had mentioned, looking at the neat little pile of sheets.

"So, what's this mess all about?"

Azlan

"Uhhhh, sorry about that, folks. Would Dr. Nickolas "457782-B" Moskawitz, Ephrael Falco, GPR-M6 "Spork", Caden Brighton, uhhh... how do I say this one... goddamn machines, uhm.. ITOS? Jo? Oh, and Jean Arnage... all report to the Bunker Control Center as soon as possible at the Overseer's request. Thank you."

Sitting crosslegged upon a mat in a dark portion of his room, Caden slowly opened his eyes and regarded the speaker that was placed strategically by the designers to disrupt his meditations, or at least he thought of it that way.

Grabbing a quick shower and taking his time to get ready, the jackal slipped on a pair of BDU pants and pulled a plain black t-shirt over his head.  Shaking damp blond hair out of his face, Caden stared deeply into the his violet eyes.  Not a normal or natural color his father had said to him many a time, now his father was many years dead and his world was a rolling scene of chaos and conflict.

Not anyone natural or normal is needed in this world now, hopefully I fit the bill.

Grabbing a bomber jacket, Caden tossed open his door and was out of the room and into the hall before it slammed shut and auto-locked.  Quietly he walked, not saying anything to those whom he passed in the halls and anyone who recognized him knew better then to talk to him when he moved with purpose.

Control Center

The door to CC slid open with the characteristic hiss and Caden found himself to be fashionably late as usual.  He slipped into the back of the room, speaking to no one for the moment.  He merely observed, taking stock of whom had been assembled with him.

The prospects made him frown slightly, this would not be easy.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Paladin Sheppard

Control Center

Ephrael pouted as the Overseer showed no surprise at her presence. 'Damnit that man always seems to know where I am...'

Winking at the engineer, she picked up one of the plastisheets from the table. pressting it against the table she waited till the sheet responded. Pulling her mirrored glasses out she sat down in the front row and began to read.

She waved to Dr Nick and Jo as they entered and went back to reading.

ITOS

Control Center

After listening to the Overseer, Johanna cracked the digital seal on file 52-52-09 and deciphered it. She already knew most of the things inside it but from the way it was composed she could guess the nature of their task and scavenging was not her thing.

When Johanna was created she was programmed to help rebuild networks that would have been destroyed in a war. Reestablishing contact with her brothers and sisters would be a good first step in that.

"Sir, what about other survivors?" She asked.

Boog

"As you say, bossman," Nickolas picked up a sheet and pressed it to the table, resisting the urge to make a paper airplane out of it, "So, what we got here then..."

Arcalane

"Well, now you're all here... it's time," he smiled as he looked up "Time to start rebuilding Fahlburg. Or more precisely, I should say, you're all going on a trip out of the Bunker for a bit. I don't know how informed you all are on our stockpile status, but there were... grave miscalculations. Food supplies have been dwindling over the last three months. This bunker was meant to last at least three more years, but apparently wasn't supplied for all of that. I estimate we'll be out of food by this time next year, perhaps sooner. This is a major concern to me, and I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner, Jo."

"Now your goal should be obvious enough. Primary concern is finding more food. Use any means necessary. You may wonder how you're going to cover enough ground and transport enough food... well, wonder no more."

He activates the holodisplay, a rotating wireframe of a large wheeled vehicle appearing. It looks similar to a Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) albeit longer and larger and somewhat segmented, with a flexible joint between each of the segments. It seems clearly split into four sections, and the Overseer points them all out;

1. Driver's cabin. Seats six. Heavily armoured compartment. Amazingly, the GPS still works.
2. Rest Quarters. Cramped compartment with four bunkbeds. Not particularly pleasant, but safe from all but tank cannons. Or anyone who knows the door key combination.
3. Reactor & Crane Assembly. Standard Fahlburg-design Fusion Reactor. Supplies power to the vehicle, and keeps the quarters nice and warm. Crane is compact, but strong.
4. Finally, on the end, taking up most of the vehicle, the Cargo 'Bay'. Plenty of space for anything you might pick up. Split into three sections, each of which can be set to work as a freezer, or just as cargo space.

"You'll be leaving soon. Get yourself to the Vehicle Bay. Jo, you're going with them because I know you're familiar with our technology, and if nothing else, you should be able to kickstart some stuff that's gone down."

"Whilst you're out there, gentlemen, feel free to bring back some souvenirs. Maybe send us a postcard?
The overseer chuckles.

ITOS

Who said I didn't notice... Johanna thought to herself but she had to admit she was partly to blame for the lack of food. One of too many bugs in her system that never got fixed before the war made her base the calculations on the lowest possible food intake. Not really realistic.

"I'll make sure to send you some pictures." Johanna said, taking the joke as an order to send back reports.

Not that she understood why he wanted reports, he never seemed to read hers. Periodical fluctuations in the powergrid and Rust damages that will need repairing within the next 150 years were never even opened. Maybe it was because they didn't have any pictures?

Somber

"Meshimega fezzerrshreking faggarging piece of drek DOOR!" She screamed at the door for the twentieth time.  "Open!  Open!  Smegging open!"  And for the twentieth time she smacked it with a metal bar she'd found.  It may not have been an effective tool, but it was definitely much more satisfying.  Her tool kit had proven to be absolutely worthless on the turrets... oh she worked out that much at least.  Like the door, they too seemed to rebuff her attempts at entry with imagined smugness.  She sighed as she slumped against it.  She knew for a fact that her water wouldn't get her anywhere on foot, and for all she knew on the far side of the door was a caved in space.  But it was a hope... a futile hope... that kept her rodent brain going around in circles.

She stood back up and walked into one of the abandoned buildings, looking at the smashed remains of a computer.  Obviously from an earlier scavenger, who'd taken anything and everything of value.  But he hadn't taken the wires... well... not all of them.  Six inches jutted from the wall.  She looked at them for a while and rubbed her chin.  Maybe they went some where in particular... like on the other side of the door?

She sat crosslegged as she opened up her tool kit and her radiation sensor, carefully connecting it to the wires jutting from the wall.  "Here goes nothing..." she said as she began to tap the wire to the battery.  It wasn't a complex signal... but hopefully it would be making something blink inside the bunker.  Something that would tell the occupants within that there was some one out here fezzeing with the remains of their system.

"Hurry up and stop me and bring a canteen when you do..." she muttered.

Boog

"Yeah, mebbe go down to south beach, send you postcards of mutant chicks in bikinis with 'wish you were here' on 'em," Nickolas laughed as he headed out the door to the Vehicle Bay, "Can't wait to check out these sweet wheels you've set us up with, bossman."

Azlan

As the others began to file out towards the vehicle bay, Caden approached the overseer and cleared his throat.  Quietly he spoke his question, "what manner of equipment are we receiving for this expedition?  I imagine it is hostile out there and though tough, we cannot hide in the truck all the time.  Operatives will need to brave the outside and a certain amount of defensive and offensive items will be needed to maximize survivability."

The jackal smiled slightly as he awaited an answer to his query.

Paladin Sheppard

Control Center

"I guess I'll got get my stuff then.." Ephrael walked up to the desk and dropped the plastisheet back on it, then turned and padded out the door heading back to her room.

Eph's Room

Glad that her roommate was out Eph unlocked her foot locker and looked at its contents. Pulling a pair of wrist sheaths out Eph, checked that the daggers they held were still sharp, satisfied she dropped them onto her bunk. Next was a blockish looking Raptor Sub-machinegun this also went on the bed as well as some clips. Lastly a pair of pistols that matched the  blocky look of the SMG and their ammunition, followed.

"I'm gonna need some body armor." She murmured as she started strapping her weapons on. "To the armory it is!" Slinging the Raptor over her shoulder, Ephrael headed out the door and to the storeroom that served as the bunker's armory.

bill

"Um, so, uh, is there a plan, or what? I mean, you can't expect us just to, you know, randomly look, right?"

Jean had an odd looking smile on his face as he queried the Overseer.

"...right? Oh, sod it, I'm getting my stuff."

He left for the Vehicle Bay.

Malakin

OOC:Edit, ahh scratch that../OOC

Spork follows the others out of the commandcenter towards the Vehicle Bay.
He is very intrested in seeing in person the vehicle that will be their 'lifesupport' for the next few months, on this journey of post-apocalyptic grocery shopping...

Escape will make me God.
"

Arcalane

"You have time for a short detour to the Armoury, Mr. Caden. Your group departs within the hour, so make it quick."

~~

Those of you who make it straight to the Vehicle Bay are greeted by a bustle of orange-suited Technicians preparing the vehicles for use. There appear to be three to choose from, not that it makes much difference apart from their choice of colour scheme.

The first is painted in a dull base silver/grey coat with some basic soft blue line-markings to make it stand out. It seems to be in fairly good condition. It doesn't look particularly threatening, nor does it look particularly defensive. It could probably do with a new coat of paint, and perhaps some field modifications for armour and offensive forms of protection, but other than that... it's fairly standard.

The second is decorated with Fahlburg-design Snow Camo, presumably an ex-military vehicle, going by the faded Fahlburg Military insignias and extra armour plating... as well as the additional pintle-mounted twin HMG on the passenger-side of the cabin. It looks rather... well, offensive. Even if it isn't fast, it's pretty nasty looking, right down to the spiked bumper... say, are those spikes coated in old blood? You try not to think about that.

Finally, the third is decorated in striking bright orange and red tones, with markers on the vehicle suggesting it once belonged to one of the Fahlburg Fire Departments. Indeed, the lifting crane has been replaced with a hose arm, and one of the cargo bays is used as liquid storage. Ironically, however, the technicians seem to have adapted this system into a liquid-fuel laser-flamer hybrid. Whilst it seems to be the best choice for defensive purposes, one has to question the security of the fuel tank and the sanity of driving such a vehicle. You also suspect that fuel for the flamer part of the weapon is going to be rare. It also looks to be rather low on the defensive capabilities front, or in other words, it's armour is a bit... nonexistant.

~~

The orange jump-suited technician tapped the panel as he looked at the diagnostic.

"Dammit... this thing is glitching again."
"You sure, Mike?"
"I'm not sure, but it looks like there's something futzing the wires."

Another technician, in his distinctive blue jumpsuit, wandered over.

"It's... strange alright. The pattern of spikes is organized but I can't tell how."
"Looks like morse."
"Morse?"
"Old code, abandoned by the Fahlburg Military back in the Border Wars with the Northerners. Dots and dashes."
"How'd you know all this shit?"
"My dad was a communications engineer for Fahlburg then, you dunce."
"Ahhhh."
"So chances are it's a Northerner Scavenger."
"You think so?"
"Possible. I don't doubt they're trying to move in already."

Mike checked the other monitors.

"I don't see shit outside, nothing on the thermals neither.
"Not a military group, then. Probably some idiot scav who broke down."
"Yeah, I heard the Northerners don't make good vehicles."
"They had numbers, ingenuity and speed. But they weren't a match for the Fahlburg's Tank Divisions. Fahlburg Crusader tanks tore through 'em."
"Ouch."
"Yep. The old Northerner tanks had no chance. And that was before the Paladins arrived."
"Sounds messy.."
"Ahhh, Fahlburg. Brute Force was always the motto of the Armed Forces. Anyway, enough of this, I have to get back to my shift. Keep your eyes on the cams and tell the chief if anything else comes up."

Paladin Sheppard

Vehicle Bay

After chatting with the techs in the armory, Eph padded her way to the Vehicle Bay her soft soled shoes making no noise.

Spotting the snow camoed monster, she hastly snaped the last of the clips on the class 2 bodyarmor. "Now don't you look mean!" She whispered as she looked closer at it.

ITOS

Vehicle Bay

In the far end of the vehicle bay a small, six weeled rover was brought to life. It's strictly functionall design showed a lot of it's structure and only sensitive parts, such as gears and electronics were covered. Style didn't matter much to Johanna, though, and with buzzing electrical motors she drove the rover over to the others that had arrived.

"I thought I'd bring this one." She said. "It was made for scouting and will allow us to search larger areas."

On the other end of the vehicle bay, one of Johanna's flying cameras had decided to see what was up with the glitching panel. She knew it was a part of the older system that was used when the bunker was being built but she didn't have access to that part of the system.

Boog

Nick had taken up station over by the ex-firetruck. "Hey, check this out!" the medbot guestured for Eph to come over and pointed up at the modified lazer. "A fire truck for pyros. Can we get this one?" He couldn't show facial expressions, but his voice was like a little kid in a candy store.

Azlan

Caden nodded to the overseer and turned quickly, dashing off towards the armory.  With a few moments of negotiating the halls, Caden reached the armory in record time. 

He nodded to the person on duty, provided his ID and signed the required paperwork.  Entering, he set to immediately examining the manifest for a listing of what was listed as being stored. 

He turned to the duty person and made gave him a slight smile as he spoke, "I need a sniping weapon of some type if you have any, as well as some light or medium armor and a sidearm.  I may also need a standard rifle weapon for regular engagement actions."

Malakin

Having toured the bay examining each vehicle seperatly, Spork approaches one of the technicians.

"Hello, do you by anychance know the technical specifications of the very intresting modification to this trucks hose assembly?"
He asks, indicatng the ex-firetruck with a quick gesture.

Escape will make me God.
"

Paladin Sheppard

Vehicle Bay

Ephrael turned and looked at Dr Nick. "Are ya kidding me that thing's a firebomb waiting to go off! Nuhuh no way are you getting me in THAT!" She slaped the armor of the ex-millitary truck. "This will atleast be safe to get around in, I mean look at all that armor!"

She climed up to the drivers compartment, and opened the door to have a good look around, slinging her duffel bag onto one of the seats.

Boog

"But it's a pyro-fire truck!" Dr. Nick said again, throwing his hands in the air, "C'mon! It'd be like that Farenheight 451 story!"

Paladin Sheppard

Vehicle Bay

Eph poked her head back out the door and looked at Dr Nick. "Coming?..." Rasing her voice she shouted out to Jo "Which one do you like Jo?"