CV: Nocturne of Sorrow

Started by KingofAnime, March 30, 2007, 09:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofAnime

First off, I'd like to whole-heartedly apologize if this be in the wrong section. I figured a fangame was along the same lines as fan art and the like. If this isn't acceptable, please move this topic to the correct place, or delete it if need be.

Now then on to the game!

First off, some basic info of the game itself.
I was originally going to have it be in 32bit format, like the DS titles, but current news have made me reconsider. Now, it's going to have character models instead of standard 2D sprites. But, the game is not going to be full-on 3D either. It's basically 2 1/2D. The best example I can think of is the Megaman: Powered Up game. Mixing in elements of 3D and 2D. i think there's a new CV game coming out that's exercising the same thing... But anyway....

Basically put, NoS is an alternate sequel to AoS. What makes NoS possible is the ending of AoS.

Possible Spoilers Below. If you've not played AoS, it would be wise to not venture past here...

In the end of AoS, Soma fails to control his "Chaos" within and succumbs to his dark power, bringing rise to a new dark lord.

Julius plans to uphold his promise to Soma and vows to destroy him and an epic battle ensues.

In the following battle, Julius fails to keep his promise and is killed by Soma. Now the task of eradicating evil is left to his daughter, Julia. (Julius was a bit conceited, I bet :P)

Aided with the legendary Vampire Killer and the help of her partner, Julia aspires to destroy both the ultimate evil as well as her father's killer...

Since there was never any indication of Julius not having children, I merely exploited this loophole and allowed it to be entirely possible to have one arise.

Here be a rough conceptual sketch of Julia to aid with modelling.
http://img1.imagefuse.com/anon/11749952032.png

If people show some genuine interest in this, I'll post some gameplay mechanics as well as brief character info as well as some bosses.

I hope you guys somewhat look forward to watching this
project progress as i do with bringing to you all.

If anyone would like to help out, I'm in need of a couple of script makers, and someone who can compose music. This is always the hardest person to find. :|.

You may use this topic for discussion or to say you think I'll fail. :P
Just know, I am entirely dedicated to my projects.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think you'll fa...

Psyche! :-) No, it'll be interesting to see what happens. I truly wish you well. It's just, a game is a big undertaking. So.. yeah.

As for which area - a fan game -is- sort of fan art. It's also a game, which puts it in Castle Keep. So... six of one, half a dozen of the other. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KingofAnime

Don't worry, I can handle the burden of a fan game or two. Hell, I've got about 6 on my plate :P.