Lugaru: Kung-fu bunny!

Started by Madd the Sane, March 20, 2007, 01:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

I'm just wondering who has played Lugaru and what they thought of it.  Also wondering if anyone else is interested in playing it.  You play an anthropomorphic bunny who has to avenge his family from being slaughtered by raiders.  Along the way you have find out about a secret plot about the wolves that reaches all the way to the king of the rabbits.

Now if I could wait for Lugaru 2  :eager
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Zedd

Tapewolf

Stop me if I'm wrong, but it seems to consist of a rabbit slaughtering wolves.  I can hardly think of anything less entertaining.

In Ultima 9, you must obtain the crock of humility in order to complete your mission and thereby save the world.  The crook is being held by one of your trusty companions from the games, but she won't give it to you unless you set fire to some vultures and kill the alpha wolf.  I didn't have much choice, but my wrath was terrible.  I'd have killed her too, but alas she is immortal.  So I slaughtered all her goats and destroyed everything she held dear.

"So, you believe that ALL wolves are innocent, even when it can be proven beyond doubt that they are not?"
"Yes."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

"crock of humility" - yeah, I've played games like that, too... :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 25, 2007, 09:25:13 AM
Stop me if I'm wrong, but it seems to consist of a rabbit slaughtering wolves.  I can hardly think of anything less entertaining.

In Ultima 9, you must obtain the crock of humility in order to complete your mission and thereby save the world.  The crook is being held by one of your trusty companions from the games, but she won't give it to you unless you set fire to some vultures and kill the alpha wolf.  I didn't have much choice, but my wrath was terrible.  I'd have killed her too, but alas she is immortal.  So I slaughtered all her goats and destroyed everything she held dear.

"So, you believe that ALL wolves are innocent, even when it can be proven beyond doubt that they are not?"
"Yes."
Well, they could've been evil wolves sent by the Guardian, or something... or corrupted... or something else. No solution. At least, that's how that one quest went in Sacred. evil wolves. >.>

Speaking of which, what's your stance on warghs, tape?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 25, 2007, 01:06:42 PM
"crock of humility" - yeah, I've played games like that, too... :-]
I'm glad someone picked up on that :P

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 25, 2007, 02:13:31 PM
Well, they could've been evil wolves sent by the Guardian, or something... or corrupted... or something else. No solution. At least, that's how that one quest went in Sacred. evil wolves. >.>
They did try for that angle in U7SI, actually.

QuoteSpeaking of which, what's your stance on warghs, tape?
Never met one.  I do have a tendency towards 'no disassemble', though.
That said, I don't even kill the dobermans in Deus Ex, and they're pretty evil.  Mind you, so am I.  [Wanted to join Dran in Legend of Darkmoon]

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E