3/21/07 Cubi: Are You Lost, Little Girl?

Started by Akisohida, March 20, 2007, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on March 22, 2007, 12:04:56 PM
actually i think the idea was used on an episode of 'red dwarf' where they took a trip through someones mind- most of the 'good' characteristics were in a graveyard with pathetic tombstones and self loathing had a castle complete with a harem

You're thinking of "Backwards World", but describing the trip they took through Arnold Rimmer's mind.

Or possibly WaxWorld....

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on March 22, 2007, 12:04:56 PM
and if he gets to write backwards i start speaking in norwegan and vote whose posts hurt your eyes more

Mine. Because I'll poke both your eyes out, and ban you both. *waves hobnailed boots around* :-P

(incidentally, Yukifox is female. Just so you know...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Siirenias

Actually, I think the critter's more terrifying in white.  And blue kittens are delicious.

Re: Gabriel
I think that maybe that Mythos may have a grudge against demons for the reason that he looks like a dragon.

Amber Williams

Truth be told, the fellow looks more like a centepede. But there was no way I was going to draw all of that buggers arms.  I think the problem is people are so engrained with the "muzzle-face/long neck=dragon"  concept.  Then again, there are those in DMFA continuity who can't tell the difference between some Mythos and Dragons.  Maybe it's an evolutionary adaption.

As for this particular fellow, I don't really want to give a lot of info on him or his kind. (Partly because I'm lazy. And partly I admit because I do feel a bit burned over feeling like I've been baited for information)  But I will say as for this particular race of Mythos, they aren't particularly biased for or against any other race.  And the better term for them would be parasites rather than symbiotes...even if some of them do have more compassionate personalities.  Sadly, even the most altruistic of them will likely end up putting their hosts into death or a coma. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooooo.

Evil plans involving infecting someone with one....

:-]

Saist

QuoteAnd partly I admit because I do feel a bit burned over feeling like I've been baited for information)

We'll be glad to take care of these people who appear to be trying to Grandmaster the art of Baiting you. I'm thinking a quick trip to Home-Ec should cure them of the desire.

Nino

Hey Mana, part of the reason you come off as so annoying is that you just go "Oh, that is like ____" and then either assume we know what the heck you're talking about or pretentiously assuming we'll ask. And then you can't understand why we get mad about it. Anyway, if you really want to post about random stuff because you feel strongly about the first amendment, I'd reccomend 4Chan.

*Ships you off to D&D rehab*

Hehe... anyway, yeah, I noticed the shading when I looked to the side just now. It's awesome! A parasitic dream worm... man Amber, can you blame us for wanting to know about your world? It's insanely interesting. *Applauds your creative genius*

Saist

personally, I wouldn't even want him on 4Chan...

I guess we could send him to Gurochan...

Damaris

Okay.  We can stop with the Mana discussion now, guys.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Amber Williams

*edit:  You cannot stop me Damaris! My post is longer than yours!*

Cmon guys. Be nice.  (Wow golly don't I sound so benevolent)

I think the overall point has been dead-horse beaten enough...or so I hope.  The fact of the matter is, there is a difference between people posting speculation and people posting things as if they are fact.  Speculation is going to happen, and yeah, people are going to time and again compare things in DMFA to other sources.  It's inevitable, and in some cases encouraged.

But people posting cryptic sentences in a very "I know something" manner is likely to cause confusion and throw possible newbies off.  Not to mention come back and bite people in the butt.  While I admit that I do like keeping some of my readers guessing, I don't like the idea of people deliberately misfeeding information.  And I definately don't sit well with the idea that people might be posting these things in an attempt to goad me into revealing what might have been spoilers just because I don't want people to get wrong ideas. 

Yeah, I don't necessarily enjoy that Manawolf keeps trying to shoehorn DMFA and everything I do into a different canon.  I mean, DMFA's universe isn't going to mesh well in a D&D world where everything is divided into random encounter stats.  Then again in the same boat I don't necessarily enjoy that Zedd keeps posting as if he is actually his incubus avatar and a member of SAIA (seriously Zedd.  Youre pushing it.  Keeping it up will result in an official warning)

I can understand people want to have something to compare DMFA to: be it the real world, another fantasy world, or their own creative concepts.  But it's a dangerous game since its really easy to fall-back and mislead yourself.  And when you go around the forum making comments that could be construed as you knowing something inside-info...it is going to lead to problems.

Zedd

*bows* As you wish Amber...I shall tone it down

Manawolf

Thinking that thing is draconic is definitely stretching it.  With all those eyes, it's far too aberrant for it to have every been draconic.

Then again, dragons are becoming notorious for mating with just about anything.

Siirenias

Quote from: Manawolf on March 23, 2007, 01:29:37 AM
Then again, dragons are becoming notorious for mating with just about anything.

That poor, poor fern was never the same again...

Manawolf

This is another reason why trying to wipe out the entire dragon race is a pipe dream built upon racist ignorance.

Saist

Quote from: Damaris on March 23, 2007, 12:07:15 AM
Okay.  We can stop with the Mana discussion now, guys.

okies... I shut my snout now.

Yukifox

Quote from: Manawolf on March 23, 2007, 02:38:26 AM
This is another reason why trying to wipe out the entire dragon race is a pipe dream built upon racist ignorance.

Dragons can and will boink anything!

Just ask some of my dragon characters! >__>

Not saying that all dragons are equally desiring for boinkage or that all dragons are equally boinkable, it's just that a dragon can pretty much boink anything and most will boink anything that they find boinkable and...  ....you get the point.

Alondro

*Charline is quite knowledgeable on the subject of dragon boinking... very very knowledgeable, a PhD-level of knowledge, one could say... one could say she knows the subject inside and out... one could say she has intimate knowledge... one could say she got down and dirty with her subject material... one could say she's gotten very up-close and personal with some of the most experienced boinking dragons and was given a very personal expert demonstration... one could say-*  GRRRRR!!! ALRIGHT!!!  They get it!  Shut up already!  *Charline grumbles and hides her diary more carefully...*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Everyone who used "boink" loses 5 points. D:
But you gain 3 points for not filling the posts with "yiff".
That is all. *krrsshh*  :bunny

Saist

Quote from: Kenji on March 23, 2007, 11:59:10 AM
Everyone who used "boink" loses 5 points. D:
But you gain 3 points for not filling the posts with "yiff".
That is all. *krrsshh*  :bunny
* je.saist waves a paw in front of Kenji's face

You are Cajun Fox.... You are Cajun Fox... You Are Cajun Fox...

how are you feeling Cajun?

(sadly, this joke will probably only be gotten by one other person on these forums...)

ShiningShadow

??? Why Sugah I feel really good where is that craw gumbo mmmmmmmmmmmmm with some dirtah rice yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.  :B

Netami

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 23, 2007, 12:18:43 AMThen again in the same boat I don't necessarily enjoy that Zedd keeps posting as if he is actually his incubus avatar and a member of SAIA (seriously Zedd.  Youre pushing it.  Keeping it up will result in an official warning)

While we're at it, I'm tired of Charles pretending to be a lion thing, Ink posting in italics, and darkmoon RPing as his asshole character.

Wait.

Saist

Quote from: Netami on March 23, 2007, 07:33:38 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on March 23, 2007, 12:18:43 AMThen again in the same boat I don't necessarily enjoy that Zedd keeps posting as if he is actually his incubus avatar and a member of SAIA (seriously Zedd.  Youre pushing it.  Keeping it up will result in an official warning)

While we're at it, I'm tired of Charles pretending to be a lion thing, Ink posting in italics, and darkmoon RPing as his asshole character.

Wait.

Slight difference Netami.  Amber happens to be the one in charge.

You are not.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netami on March 23, 2007, 07:33:38 PM
Wait.

No, let's not. How about we just drop you into the ignore basket for a week, for trolling. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Darkmoon, is there a "banned" emote, like the :locked one? I feel a need....

Stygian

Roleplaying? I think you got that wrong. There goes Netami...

Anywho, killing off a whole race is definitely not a pipedream. Believing that anything is impossible is. And after all this, ridding the world of arrogant, horny and clumsy dragons wouldn't be much of a loss, now would it?

Still, I think that would leave a very rare few. What to do with them?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 23, 2007, 08:24:57 PM
make boots?

Plus you could get rich off making adventurer-wear. Dragonscale vests, etc. :B

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

:banned

It's just not in the usable queue, I believe.

Bah.  Stupid ninja-ing husbands.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kenji