I was going through the archives and something occured to me...

Started by Psy-Kosh, February 17, 2007, 10:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psy-Kosh

There has been some discussion and speculation on this forum with regards to Jy's virginity or lack theirof.

Now, all I want to know is if http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_403.php should be considered to have any bearing on the question. :)

GabrielsThoughts

that proves nothing. By your reasoning Jy would have already impregnated Wildy, Alexsi, and Lorenda.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 17, 2007, 10:58:57 PM
that proves nothing. By your reasoning Jy would have already impregnated Wildy, Alexsi, and Lorenda.

Huh? howso? And all I asked is if it had any bearing on the question. Technically, I didn't assert that it did. :) (yeah, silly mood tonight)

Zedd

Basicly your lil theory has no meaning...And you go back and rethink your life...*waves hand*

Amber Williams

Honestly, and without the smug buttness that some of the other people on the forum are giving. (Yes I'm looking at you Zedd)  The answer to someones virginity goes into the whole debate on what makes someone a virgin.  Be it the lack of knowledge, lack of particular experience, or an actual physical relation up to a certain point.  Some might argue that people who engage in cyber-antics are not virgins, while those who only proceed to a certain level of actual in-contact intimacy are.

But more importantly, a random gag like that was meant more to make people laugh at the scenario than to imply anything else.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Zedd on February 17, 2007, 11:13:26 PM
Basicly your lil theory has no meaning...And you go back and rethink your life...*waves hand*

What theory? I once again emphasize that all I did was ask a question about whether something may possibly have bearing on a different question. O:)

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 17, 2007, 11:26:30 PMBut more importantly, a random gag like that was meant more to make people laugh at the scenario than to imply anything else.

I know. And my question (I guess this wasn't as obvious as I'd thought it was) was meant to be taken as a joke. ie, I'd noticed a bit of.... speculation on the topic here, then as I was going through the archives happened to come across that strip, and I just couldn't resist. :)

Amber Williams

That's what I figured, but I have to keep up the reputation of the somber know-it-all creator thus give answers that are truthful because if I try to have fun or joke about...someone will likely take it as truth and then I have to deal with people misusing the info or going "Oh ho! Looks like Amber made a goofup!"

Such a tragic life I lead. :P

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 17, 2007, 11:34:19 PM
That's what I figured, but I have to keep up the reputation of the somber know-it-all creator thus give answers that are truthful because if I try to have fun or joke about...someone will likely take it as truth and then I have to deal with people misusing the info or going "Oh ho! Looks like Amber made a goofup!"

Such a tragic life I lead. :P

Then in the intrests of somber know-it-all-ness, If you're controling a mech which is such a good imitation that a member of the species that the mech imitates finds it.. interesting, and Events Transpire(tm), to what extent does the fact that things happened to the poor mech affect the status of the pilot of the mech.

And if the pilot was also a politician, exactly what would the later mudslinging smear campaign ads look like? (This, of course, being the critical question on which future international diplomacy may hinge)

Tragedy indeed. I don't know how you put up with it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MaskedRetriever

Jyrras has obviously had HUNDREDS of boyfriends and girlfriends...

What?  I *like* the Tech Janson Adventures!

Zedd

BTW..I wasnt ment to sound like a a*%hole..I mean I was just kidding...Forgive me..Or not still I known most my words I say are taken too seriously at times :<

GabrielsThoughts

Tech Janson makes no sense, except for the time travel episode, that one was absolutely  hillarious!!!

I was laughing for hours after seeing that one.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

MaskedRetriever

Still, ya gotta admitt a Tech Janson parody with Jyrras would be comedy gold.

GabrielsThoughts

ooh, I wonder If Jyrras uploaded that Artificial Intellegence into the Gryph Mech, I know I'm not the first person to have thought of this.

Manawolf

But then the AI would have been lost when Mab blew up her Glen, and that's no good.  :mowsad

Mojotech

Well, I think at most it means that particular robot is no longer a virgin, and Jyrras has another story to tell around the inn table during drunken bawdy revelries... Or at least another anecdote to tell his Therepist.   :P

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Mojotech on February 21, 2007, 07:26:40 AM
Well, I think at most it means that particular robot is no longer a virgin, and Jyrras has another story to tell around the inn table during drunken bawdy revelries... Or at least another anecdote to tell his Therepist.   :P

But since he was piloting the mech, the mech could be perhaps considered a logical extension of him...

But yes, definately something for his therapist.

And is it just me, or do the ideas of "drunken bawdy revelries" and Jyrras just seem to not go together?  :erk

Yukifox

Well that's definately going to take the Platinum wash down at the old Drive 'n Drip to clean up THAT mess.  But as far as Jy's virginity, I doubt it has any bearing. XD  We still won't know for sure unless we see something definative (which I doubt because it's not really that important).

That poor machine though... Oh well at least the griffin had a good time.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Yukifox on February 21, 2007, 05:41:41 PM
That poor machine though... Oh well at least the griffin had a good time.

Well, technically we only know that the gryphon anticipated having a good time. :D (actually, do we even know that? I think we do, but I'm not sure)

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 17, 2007, 11:26:30 PM
Honestly, and without the smug buttness that some of the other people on the forum are giving. (Yes I'm looking at you Zedd)  The answer to someones virginity goes into the whole debate on what makes someone a virgin.  Be it the lack of knowledge, lack of particular experience, or an actual physical relation up to a certain point.  Some might argue that people who engage in cyber-antics are not virgins, while those who only proceed to a certain level of actual in-contact intimacy are.

But more importantly, a random gag like that was meant more to make people laugh at the scenario than to imply anything else.
Guh, your first paragraph brings up memories of Catholic high school, and discussions of Innocence, Chastity, Virginity, and Celibacy.... :P

Jebs are always good for arguments.

The Auld Grump, one out of the four....

ShiningShadow

Right now as i know in the comics that Jy-Jy is a card carrying union labeled VIRGIN! If he's is not then he should be hittin on Abel and Lorenda during the same day for a date. As I know what Amber will do next to address this is totaly up to her. But I like Jy-Jy all inexperienced and virgin like that movie the 40yr old Virgin funny as hell you should see it *shameless plug*.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 26, 2007, 11:42:47 AM
Right now as i know in the comics that Jy-Jy is a card carrying union labeled VIRGIN! If he's is not then he should be hittin on Abel and Lorenda during the same day for a date. As I know what Amber will do next to address this is totaly up to her. But I like Jy-Jy all inexperienced and virgin like that movie the 40yr old Virgin funny as hell you should see it *shameless plug*.

Have you ever been told how irritating some of your behavior is? It's annoying for me to see anyone say "As I know what [insert random name here] will do next to address this is totaly up to [insert appropriate pronoun]" or anything similar. And ease up on the M key.

Aridas

I keep saying that too, I think... Except I didn't know you were one of ussssss...

Roureem Egas

Roureem Egas

Kinda. I'm just more into haunting and lurking in certain sites and maybe following around the works of certain artists and authors.  :zombiekun2 Plus, I tend to keep quiet about most anything.

ShiningShadow

that's why I say what I will say because I feel this subject has to be address in a manner that is 10% truthful and 90% pure speculation and that's where I come int tohe picture *Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*  :giggle.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears