The Honor Circle (IC) [Fa Teen, for language]

Started by TheGreyRonin, February 17, 2007, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Seeing the stranger enter the circle a propose a duel, Gareeku returned the smile that Stephen expressed.
"Good to hear. I hope this is a good fight." he replied, before removing his katana from the side of his waist, as well as the brown hooded cloak from his shoulder, and putting them outside of the circle before turning back to his opponent, shifting into a fighting stance. "May the best warrior win."

Stygian

Stygian scoffed, and took another swig, then poured the last of the blood into his other glass and began emptying it. When finished, he licked his lips and looked at Cogidubnus with his eyes blacked out again.
   "I was waiting for you. The skulls were nothing but a trick to try and get you distraught. I would have expected you to pull the stop at that last attack," he said in that horrid voice. "You know that you can't harm me with a mere blade." He returned to his drinking, and then messed with something in his pocket, pulling out the makings of a Red Bull and Jägermeister. Then he sighed, and looked at Cog again.
   "I don't know any techniques that would have worked, other than lethal ones. There, you have it. Even in the best scenario you'd lose an arm or die from internal bleeding." He mixed the drink up roughly, and took a swig. "I'm a poor fighter in that respect. And I'm a poor winner anyday..."

Stephen made a short bow to Gareeku, still with a friendly smile. Then, that armor came out of his skin again and covered it up, the aerodynamic visor taking place before his eyes.
   "Right. I hope it goes well," he said. He flexed his hands, his knuckles covered with some sort of studded golden metal plates that seemed made for punching. Then, he leaned back a bit.
   There was a humming sound, as six large metal spikes shot out of his back, glowing red through some lines in their smooth black metal cover. Bolts of red energy crackled between them, and then...
   A quick, crackling sound, fast as a gunshot, was all that was heard before Stephen was standing next to Gareeku. There were just some few scorchtracks on the ground. He had flashed by, moving in a blur so fast that eyes could not keep up.
   "Looks like that's a no then."

ardaron

Ardaron simply shrugged nonchalantly at Keaton's 'confession,' his wings moving slightly up and down along with his shoulders as he did so.  "That's really not so bad, to like fighting," he said.  "I know quite a few fire dragons who are like that.  Heh, a couple of light dragons, even.  It's good that you came here to let it out.  That's a lot better than beating up random passersby in dark alleyways."  He shrugged again, in a way that made it clear that he didn't really think it was Keaton's fault that she had violent tendencies.

Ardaron glanced at the Circle as it flashed with light, watching with intrigue.  He almost introduced himself to the man as he came into the bar, but decided that this Syphon didn't look like the sort of person who would want to talk to anyone.  So Ardaron gave him a little nod to acknowledge his presence, and then went back to eating his steak.

The dragon looked up from his platter again as the other combatant from the previous battle entered the bar.  He quickly swallowed his current mouthful of steak and said, "Excellent match, sir.  I know admittedly little about sword-fighting, but you seem to be a very accomplished swordsman.  I'm Ardaron."  Four introductions in one day.  This had to be a new record for the dragon.

Ardaron looked over to the ring once again, eager to see another battle take place.  Much like the last battle, he didn't have any way to predict who would win.  Stephen looked quite fearsome in his battle armor, but judging by Gareeku's scars, the wolf had seen more than his fair share of battle.

Ardaron barely had time to blink when Stephen moved, in a blur that would have made an agility dragon green with envy.  It seemed the combatants were getting ready to begin.  Ardaron was almost literally on the edge of his seat, ignoring the few bites of steak left forgotten on his plate as the dragon watched the Circle eagerly; the seconds before the match began seemed to be ticking by like hours.

Sunblink

Keaton snickered from behind the glass mug in her hand as she once more hefted it to her lips, but said nothing else as she gulped down the remainder of her beer, which had quickly depleted since she had first purchased it. Suppressing a hiccup with the back of her gloved hand, Keaton rolled her eyes again and looked almost mischeviously to Ardaron.

"Who's to say I haven't done that, huh?" she asked, but the impish tone in her voice and the sardonic grin on her cream-yellow muzzle would've been enough to disarm anyone's suspicions.

Well, almost anyone's.

"But you're a dragon, huh?" Keaton tilted her head. "Huh... not to be rude or anythin', but you're kind of short compared to the ones I've seen before. The ones I've seen were... like... as big as a building," Keaton used her hands to illustrate the enormity of the aforementioned dragons. "No kidding."

Scooting her mug, which now contained just a few flecks of foam glued to its glassy interior, away, Keaton took a moment to catch her breath before she contemplated buying another drink. It probably wasn't a good idea to drink a lot prior to a battle, as intoxication hindered her senses severely (it probably wasn't allowed, either), but judging by the two men who had entered the arena, it would take a moment before she would experience any action.

Curbing her impatience, Keaton turned around in her seat so she would get a clear view of the fight, tweaking her glasses so that way they were perfectly unmarred. She leaned her athletic body back, elbows resting behind her on the edge of the counter, and folded her muscular legs, completely relaxing for the time being. Just because she wasn't on the battlefield at the moment didn't mean that she couldn't observe and have fun. After all, it was best to inspect her future opponents' movements and strategies.

This composure was quickly jolted as Stephen's body underwent some bizarre, mechanical transformation, sprouting lethal spikes and moving with such deftness that it was impossible for Keaton's off-colored eyes to keep up. Sure, she was a fast person herself, but she certainly couldn't move at the speed of light. The moment Stephen appeared beside Gareeku, Keaton felt a devious smile spread along her lips, wickedly baring daggered teeth the color of ivory.

This would be interesting... very, very interesting.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gareeku

Watching Stephen undergo some form of transformation, Gareeku braced himself for the battle that was about to commence. However, in less than a blink of an eye, Stephen was right beside him, moving at a speed in which he his eyes simply could not keep up with.

Hearing Stephen speak again, the wolf glanced at his opponent with a calm yet serious expression. In his mind, however, he was greatly surprised.
His speed...it's incredible... Gareeku thought to himself. Great...how am I supposed to land hits when I can't even catch him...?

Saying nothing, the wolf suddenly lifted up the fist nearest to Stephen in an attempted shot to his gut, followed by a spinning roundhouse kick aimed at his opponent's jaw, using all the speed he could muster...

Cogidubnus

Cog shrugged and tapped his fingers on the table. "To be honest, good sir, I was somewhat out of my skull." he said. "I try to not throw those force-waves about willy-nilly for a reason. That reason, actually." He grinned at Stygian and put his head in his palm. "Truly, sir, had I been somewhat more aware, I certainly would have given into my more feral natures."
He tipped a hat to the dragon, and again, grinned somewhat. "You might say I have some skill." he said, crossing his legs.
He turned to the grey-robed owner. "Whiskey is a drink for everyday. Might you have some wine on you, good sir? From a nocturnal root, Which feels the acrid juice, Of Styx and Erebus; And turns the woe of Night, ,By its own craft, to a more rich delight..."

Stygian

"Hmph... unlike Emerson, I like to stay in reality and in touch. Beyond the worlds and within the mind there is no power, only confusion..." Stygian muttered, and slapped his other glass on the counter, indicating that he could well use some Wiskey, rather than wine. He didn't pay the fight outside any heed.

At Gareeku's strikes, Stephen didn't seem to move at all. There was a blur as the wolf's fist went through thin air, and then his kick came around, hitting just as little. When he then had to move around to get into stance to strike again, Stephen simply shot out a palm against his chest, with such speed that the force would be enough to throw the wolf back quite a few yards.

TheGreyRonin

Stalker nodded to Cog. "The place came fully stocked. Red, white, year, place? I even have absinthe if anyone wants some." He frowned slightly. "It's the only thing my adversary ever freely gives, is creature comforts."

Risky caught his eye and hooked a thumb at the circle. "Is that thing fully shielded? Fully?" She blew a puff of smoke from her nose, almost like a snorting bull. "Because if it is, I think I'd like a whack at Speedy Gonzalez in there next."

Stalker winced, then carefully stated, "Yes, it's fully shielded like all of the rest. But you'll have to provide your own medics; Mne's still twitchy after last time."

Cogidubnus

Cog nodded to Grey. "I'm not exactly a wine connoisseurs...although..." he rattled off some obscure vintage. "Or, if not that, whatever you'd feel appropriate."
He quirked an eyebrow at Stygian. "Within the mind is the greatest power, sir..." he grinned. "As I have proven. Without it, I fell to you easily." He brushed some of his bangs out of his eyes. "At, least, that's the way I feel. If you do not rule your mind, than truly, you have no power. The master does not seek power, and thus he is powerful..." he said, rambling off. "You can, in reality, posses everything. I know a few people who think they do. And yet, and yet..."
He shrugged. "I wax philosophic. It happens sometimes when I get my ass kicked." he said, grinning. He looked out the windows to the arena outside, and grimaced somewhat. "Some friend you've got there Sebastian. I don't think even I move that fast. Well, not recently anyway..."

Gareeku

Grimacing as he saw his attacks go through thin air, Gareeku then grunted slightly as Stephen's strike hit his chest as he flew back a couple of yards, before flipping and landing on his feet, quickly shifting back into a fighting stance.
How am I gonna slow him down...? the wolf thought to him in frustration. I wonder if...only one way to find out...

Gathering magical energy into his palms, Gareeku then slammed his hands onto the floor. As he did so, the floor was quickly covered in a thick layer of ice, aiming to trap his opponent in it in an effort to slow him down.

Stygian

"I have a purpouse, and I seek to escape it. How is that, philosopher?" Stygian commented and continued his effort to get really drunk. "As for Stephen... He has his power for a purpouse as well, and he's not afraid to use it either. I think Gareeku is in for one hell of a fight..."

Stephen slid back and stopped, trying to get a grip on the ground and then jerking back when he stuck to the stone. It wasn't visible behind that mask, but he grimaced for a second. Then, his feet began to blur where they stood and crackle with some red bolts, and the ice around them started to melt. Quite obviously, he was creating heat by moving them very fast. His look went to Gareeku again, and then he zipped forward and to the side, skidding over the ice and aiming to tackle the wolf sideways, at about the speed of a car on a highway.

TheGreyRonin

Stalker raised an eyebrow and rummaged beneath the bar, coming up with a dusty bottle of the exact vintage Cog had mentioned. "Amazing. These places are always well-stocked...." He set the bottle in front of Cog, along with a clean glass.

Risky watched the duel with something akin to impatience. "C'mon, Gareeku, kick his ass..." she said, watching as Stephen tackled him.

Cogidubnus

Cog grinned and tipped his hat. "You seek to escape fate?" Cog outright laughed and his glasses slid down his nose. "Good sir, I have met few men who blamed fate when his their child was born, although I have met many who blamed fate when it died. Fate, if it does exist, is so arbitrary as to be random." he sighed. "If there is fate, or if not, we live the same. How does one act like everything they do is controlled?" He smiled. "If we are controlled, nothing we can do about that. So might as well live like we're free. After all, this is a real world, where very real things happen..."
Giles coughed, and Cog blinked and pushed his glasses back up onto his nose. The ex-paladin drummed his fingers on the table. Cog ignored him, and busied himself pouring a glass of the wine Stalker had given, and stayed silent.

Stygian

Stygian made a bitter, yet still amused laugh, and began with his second bottle. He turned to Cog with a smirk, one of those that practically spells out: 'you have no idea...'
   "There is no such thing as fate, you say? That may well be true, but within our limited timescope and power, there are ways to assure that certain things do happen, no matter what. Especially when you yourself aid in it..." he said, and swigged, then brushed a bit of his blond forehair out of the way and straightened his own glasses. He poured himself another. "I find it absolutely hilarious that you should mention fathers too... sometimes, the children themselves may curse..."
   Moira looked at them and shook her head. Then, she closed the finished book and set it aside, and walked over to them.
   "I'll have a jack on the rocks, please," she said. Then, she looked at Stygian. "Not this again," she then said, "Talk about the fight or something, but not this. I tire." Then, she eyed Giles, obviously with a certain liking. "Maybe we could plan for some other fight later..."

llearch n'n'daCorna

In the back, there's a quiet clatter as the balls are racked up on one of the tables, by a young man in dark clothing. He looks vaguely weaselish, but sets up the balls quickly, with minimal movements, before removing his leather trenchcoat and hanging it up on a coat rack, stretching a bit, grabbing one of the cues, and starting to practice. The way he managed to move out of the mist, enter the bar, slide past everyone, and reach the table without interrupting any conversations says something right there, though.

Under the coat, he's wearing dark jeans and a dark shirt, and is apparently unarmed. He handles the cue as if he knows his way around a table, and, in fairly short order, he has cleared the table, and is racking up for another round.

He glances up at the bar, raises one finger, and sidles over, still holding the cue in his other hand, arriving just as Stalker slides a bottle of newkey down the bar. He reaches out, catches it, one-handedly using a coin to remove the cap, then bounces both the cap and the coin off the bar, back at Stalker. They pass either side of him, ricochet twice off the corner behind him, and back out again, the cap ending in the bin under the taps, the coin spinning on the bar beside Stalker. He raises the bottle at Stalker, grins, and returns to his game, without having said a word...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gareeku

With his eyes locked on his opponent, Gareeku looked on as Stephen utilised his speed once again and zipped off to the side, before coming back in for a tackle. Thinking quickly, the wolf jumped up a little before striking his foot out in an aeriel kick. Stephen may have been going as fast as a car, but he wasn't one. At the same time as he executed this manoveur, Gareeku gathered soul energy into his plams before landing back on the ground and slammed them into it, causing waves of powerful soul to go tearing through the circled in all directions.

Cogidubnus

Cog sipped his wine and stayed silent, and Giles looked over his shoulder at Moira, sending a puff of smoke into the air. He took the pipe out of his mouth. His mouth was flat, but his eyes seemed merry.
"Haven't fought anybody worth fighting in a long time, miss.", he said. This time, Cog coughed, who Giles studiously ignored. Cog gave him a nasty look and sipped his wine. "Hard to find somebody who doesn't die when you light them on fire." He smiled, and his white teeth were startling against the ashen pall of his face. "If you think you can keep from dying, be my guest."
Both Cog's and Giles eyes turned to the sound of the pool balls. Cog raised an eyebrow at watching the sudden display of dexterity.

Stygian

The kick was deftly avoided by Stephen, who spun and blurred his feet again to come to a halt. When he was about to dash back and make another hit at Gareeku though, he was flung back by the shockwave of energy and tumbled along the ground before stopping on a knee and getting up again. He looked a bit dizzy, but he shook his shoulders again, and then sped for Gareeku with a burst of crackling red bolts, vapor blowing out as the ice was melted with speed. This time he intended to stick close...

Moira chuckled and made a nod to Giles, a smile somehow on her featureless face. A sort of green wave of light coursed out through thin seams in her metallic skin, just once.
   "I think you'd have a tough time, big guy. There's more than titanium, magnesium and bor to me..."

Cogidubnus

Giles laughed roughly and put his pipe back in his mouth. "I'm glad to hear it." he said, and fell silent.
Cog watched the battle outside with interest. It would seem Gareeku was outmatched, but he'd shown surprising resourcefulness thus far... the battle bore watching, in any case. He sipped his wine, and waited to see what Gareeku would do next.

Gareeku

Gotcha. Gareeku thought to himself with satisfaction as his attack had hit its target, though his face did not show anything else than a calm yet serious expression. The ice was quickly melting thanks to his opponent's actions. Seeing that Stephen was about to go on the move again, white flames appeared once more in the wolf's palms. As his opponent made his move, Gareeku made his; utilizing his soul energy to explode outwards in a powerful blast in all directions.

Stygian

Stephen hit the wall of energy with tremendous force, and there was a crackling, shattering sound. He flew back again, this time a great deal harder, and hit the invisible wall that the circle represented. There were pieces of metal thrown about everywhere.
   With a clear effort, Stephen got to his feet, and swayed. His visor had broken, as had many of the other parts of his armor, and wires and metal stuck through his skin in places.
   "Not... quite yet..." he said, still crackling at places and breathing hard.

TheGreyRonin

As the energy flared outwards from Gareeku and slammed into his opponent, Risky yelled "Yes!!" She threw a fist into the air, grinning wildly, then suddenly pulled it down to her side and blushed.

Stalker merely raised an eyebrow at her as he served out the latest round of drinks, his attention on the weaselish creature playing pool. He shrugged, then turned his attention back to the battle inside the circle.

Syphon still sat quietly, watching, the steady, constant popping of his knuckles the only sound he made.

Gareeku

Seeing his attack hit and throw Stephen against the invisible barrier of the circle, Gareeku shifted back into a fighting stance as his opponent got back onto his feet. The wolf was, like Stephen, panting. This was due to the soul energy he had used up in the last two attacks.

This time, Gareeku decided he would be the one to attack. Dashing forward, the wolf moved with intense speed, before leaping up and bringing the heel of his foot down in an axe kick aimed at Stephen's head, followed by a punch aimed at his opponent's gut and a thunderous uppercut aimed at Stephen's jaw.

Stygian

The cybernetic switched to the side a bit, and parried most of the blows deftly, the one for the gut being the only one that hit somewhat. Despite his damage, he still seemed to retain a great deal of that speed. And although it seemed that he didn't move as fast now, or that perhaps his moving around before was a different way of motion, his speed was still considerable. He countered the moves with an attempt at a backflipping kick to the wolf's head and to get to the side.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The pool player, without apparently looking, mutters something about "heh, triple-hit combo. Pity it missed." as he lines up his next shot...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

It was a long journey taken to the plateau, but once the building came into sight, the one arriving knew it would be quite worth it.  The traveler stepped up to the door and had paused behind it, listening.  From inside could be heard talking...cheering...and of course that pointed straight to the true purpose of the place.  After a pause, the doors were opened, and a new individual stepped in.

The figure was draped in red, a cape of crimson flowing from the shoulders down to where a pair of long trousers ended over bare black paws.  The head was similarly covered with the hood, draped in enough shadow where one would only see the face if it was allowed to be so.  With a quick look around, taking in the scenery, The figure moved further into the building with flowing, graceful but strong steps that gave the knowledge that it was a female.  Walking, she was calm and deliberate, not at all hesitant, flickering a snaking black tail from beneath the cape with a single emerald ring.  If anyone were to guess her profession, no doubt from the blood-like color and from the almost stealthy gait, that she was an assassin.  A silvery weapon glimmered in the light on a black belt, and on her right wrist she wore a bracer that seemed to glow softly.  An assassin she was, more a hunter...but with the dark blue clothing and the fact that some light magic might be sensed, hers was a side leaning more towards benevolence.

She stepped past the bar, past a few tables, pausing only to raise a hand in greeting to those who were nearby, and to the one who seemed to own the place...and already she could tell that it was going to be quite an interesting visit, looking over all of the individuals seated there.  The female paused then, hearing sounds of battle from where the Circle was...right, the Circle.  Everyone here would be familiar with it at one point, if they hadn't already, and perhaps so would she.  It was as much in her blood as the others...the anticipation, the adranaline, the thrill, of a good and honorable fight.  One was in progress already.  There was a grin which lightly bared her fangs.  Just in time to watch.

There was a stolen glance at the bar.  People there...she wasn't one much for socialization at first.  With a quick nod to herself, the hooded felid strode towards a table and sat down, glancing over all of those who were in, especially at the very few who were moreover animals as herself.  Then she watched the one playing pool for a bit, before her head turned back to the fight in the Circle, the smirk still on her hidden features.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

With a grim expression on his face as his moves parried, Gareeku ducked as Stephen attempted a backflipping kick to his head, wincing a bit as his opponent's foot caught his head slightly.

However, the wolf would react quickly, throwing out a punch aimed at where Stephen's head would be when he landed, using the fist closest to where his opponent would be, before following it up with a powerful kick with the foot furthest away, bringing it round in the hopes of conneting it with Stephen's rib area, before throwing forward a powerful palm attack aimed at his opponent's chest.

Stygian

The fist was avoided, but Stephen couldn't dodge the foot, being so close to the wall and with nowhere to go. He was thrown aside, and rolled away before Gareeku's palm could connect, and then rose up again. He shot a look to the wolf, and reared back. Red energy crackled around his right fist intensely, gathering. He was going for a one-shot-or-nothing last blow. With the accumulated force and speed, his hand struck out like a bullet, aiming for the wolf's chest...

TheGreyRonin

Stalker called back to the kitchen as he sprouted several arms and mixed up a drink in a blur. "Mne, I need you for a minute."

The oversized mantid came out hurriedly, whistling softly and wiping his lower hands on a white towel. He sported an incongruous white apron tied around his lower thorax. "Yes?"

Stalker handed him a silver tray with a colorful drink on it. "Take this over to the lady, with my compliments," he said. "She could probably use it." He indicated the red-clad figure at the table.

Mne scuttled over to Aisha's table and bowed low, offering the tray with his upper hands while folding his lower ones gracefully. "Welcome. The bartender sends his compliments," he whistled to her.

Stalker's attention was back on the fight, and he nodded in appreciation of Stephen's gutsy move. "He's got balls, that one." he said, ignoring the frown as Risky shot him a look.

Gareeku

Watching Stephen rear back and begin to gather energy, Gareeku did the same, his fist burning bright with white flame as the wolf gathered up soul energy, before throwing it forward as his opponent did, their fists colliding in a violent impact.