RJ's Ebil Plan

Started by RJ, February 13, 2007, 06:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ

Ooookay... well, if you guys haven't heard, I'm planning a scheme against the latest Australian Idol which is going to start auditions soon. One of the first auditions to be held will be in my home town luckily enough for me.

Since I know I'm only a half-decent singer at best, I've decided I may as well audition in style and bring as many same-minded people along for the ride.

My plan? To get as many people to go to their closest audition in cosplay.

Anyway, if any of you guys could help out, either by just spreading the word, or actually joining in, I would appreciate it. As far as I know, I've got a few people supporting me on this, even a few non-cosplayers who are willing to dress up for the occasion.

The only problems I've run into so far is that people have been saying it'd be an insult to the Australian cosplay community. We're still in a rather sensitive time and we don't want to gain a bad rep in the public eye. But to combat any of that happening, I've suggested that people not turn up as anything too obvious like Sailor Moon, not sing in Japanese if they know they can't, and to not act like a moron and go on and on about anime and cosplay.

I hope you guys think the idea is great. I'm hoping it'll get a lot of people interested...

Then we can mess with people's heads.  >:3

ITOS

I hope I can find a site where I can watch Australian TV. If they don't edit you out I want a copy of it. :razz

Unfortunately, I don't know many Australian cosplayers...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

If you want something to practice with, the instrumental/karaoke version of 'Princes of the Dreams' is still here:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/xssjpm2i.mp3

(See: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=617.0 - second page in particular)

I'll probably have to post the version of the lyrics I used though, since it took a lot of adaptation from Xss' original version before it would work.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

I thought I might try to sing Wonderland by Angela Via... though I'll probably change my mind about a thousand times before the day XD

Vidar

YES!
Have everyone wear Naruto headbands.
Try to convince a group of boy-band wannabees to cosplay as Sephiroth.
See if anyone will show up dressed as Hello Kitty Vader!
Mess with the heads of everyone on the continent! MWHUHAHAHAAA!  :veryevil :bat :mowgrin :kittydevious
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

RJ

Quote from: Vidar on February 13, 2007, 08:20:03 AM
YES!
Have everyone wear Naruto headbands.
Try to convince a group of boy-band wannabees to cosplay as Sephiroth.
See if anyone will show up dressed as Hello Kitty Vader!
Mess with the heads of everyone on the continent! MWHUHAHAHAAA!  :veryevil :bat :mowgrin :kittydevious

As much as I'd love to see Hello Kitty Vader in the flesh, those other things would be exactly what would put the cosplay community in the bad books  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Awww.

I wanna see Kitty Vader singing, oh, I dunno. How about something like, uh, The Good Ship Lollipop ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Vidar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 13, 2007, 09:18:26 AM
Awww.

I wanna see Kitty Vader singing, oh, I dunno. How about something like, uh, The Good Ship Lollipop ?

Of course, that would have to be done in the voice of James Earl Jones.
"All too easy".
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</