Music

Started by AlucardRose, November 22, 2005, 06:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlucardRose

I found a song by Yngwie Malmsteen called "Far Beyond The Sun" and the rumor is that it is a song from Castlevania 2.  Is this a rumor or is it a fact?

Jorge D. Fuentes

I'd need a link to the song to verify.

AlucardRose

Yup totally found it. The castlevania song called "Dwelling of Doom" from Castlevania 2 has parts that sound almost identical  to parts from Yngwie Malmsteen's "Far Beyond The Sun" There is proof of it at

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/Media/cv2.html

at the MIDI section just hear "Dwelling of Doom"

Alucard_The_Great

My favorite Castle Vania 2 song is Bloody Tears I could play it on piano...

Im learning Lost Painting (CV:SotN)

here are some links to the way I play it.. It isnt me playing though Ill post me playing If I ever find my USB adapter for my keyboard..

any way I play em just like this:

Bloody Tears - http://www.vgmusic.com/music/other/miscellaneous/piano/bloody.mid

Lost Painting - http://www.vgmusic.com/music/other/miscellaneous/piano/LostPaintingPiano.mid

AlucardRose

cool. Bloody Tears is my favorite CV song too. I've recently been learning to play it on my bass guitar. It never sounds right when I play it but someday it will...someday xD
Castlevania and Golden Sun are on my top favorite list of in-game music. Its probably noticable that I am a Golden Sun fan from my signature and avatar. Gameboy advance was one of the greatest breakthroughs of the history of gaming...EVER. It offers such great games. It was a global hit when it came out. Excellent quality games, music, graphics, battery life, etc. Technology is just making itself even better as it advances like the backlight on the Gameboy SP. It makes it so easy to play games such as Circle of the Moon because it illuminates the dark graphics of the game. Youre learned how to play Bloody Tears, man that deserves some karma- a true fan.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Sorry, but the tune in your first link sounds nothing like Dwelling of Doom.
The only similarity is the 6/8 beat.

There are no similar chords, no similar melodies, nothing.

The tune in the link does have a CV 'flavor', but that's about all it has.  By the same token, anything done by Malice Mizer could be CV-sounding.

AlucardRose

Just one specific part of the song sounds almost identical to Dwelling of Doom. Its my fault I can't find a link to the part >_< ;_; Perhaps it can be downloaded...in a legal way ofcourse....yeah. >_>

Xuzaf D

My favorite CV tunes are Wicked Child (level 3 of CV1) and the entrance tune in the first level of CV4.

AlucardRose

Those songs are awesome! Oh yeah dont forget about the songs "Silence of Daylight"  "Vampire Killer", "Cross your heart" and latest versions of songs like "Heart of Fire" from AOS. There are just so many great songs that we can't mention them all. Remember the catchy Catacombs theme from Circle of The Moon? Right when you walk into the stage you see a skeleton that looks like he is dancing to the song :D...before he barrages you with bones ofcourse. Man those bones hurt and I sware they never run out of projectiles to throw! I remember in one of the CV games where the skeletons get frustrated and throw their heads HAHAHA

telruya

you know i could get some of these and post them.

Nimrods Son

I tried to make my band play the CV I game-over-theme while I went offstage after a gig. they hated the idea, though.
can't imagine a reason why. :rolleyes