Kingdom Hearts (OOC)

Started by Melpomene, January 28, 2007, 12:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

It's a bad guy with depth... I'm jealous Zaon... we will have to fight, yes.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zaon

that's true but I see his character being more like a neutral party
not quite one of the good guys but not quite evil.

RJ

:giggle Hehe, alrighty then, here we go! Sorry I took so long- it's a little tricky to create a character that isn't supposed to have any emotions...

Name: Amayax

Nicknames: The "Fluttering Chaos"

Species: Human - Nobody

Appearance: Medium-length dark blonde hair usually tied back into a ponytail; pale green eyes; slim build and slightly short for her "age"; wears a magenta shirt with fur on the sleeve cuffs; a purple belt with a butterfly on it; a short maroon skirt with black bike pants under; and black boots with pink markings.

Drive Form Name: Unform

Drive Form Appearance: Changes into a completely monochrome version of herself with bandages wrapped around her face except for one eye, which glows white. White ribbons (much like the black ones in Sora's Anti-form) float around her. In this form, Amayax's Keyblade disappears except for the butterfly, which dislodges and grows to a large size.

Personality:

As a Nobody, Amayax possesses no emotions, empathy or morality- she feels no regret or remorse over her actions. Instead, she acts that she has emotions. Somehow, she has taken to a form of random role-play, where she frequently changes how she acts. She seems to pick between one of four personalities each day; shy, benevolent, mischievous, and plain evil. Although, in battle she may forget to keep up her façade and become impassive.

The only feeling Amayax is really able to feel and empathise with is the feeling of being incomplete. Over years, this feeling has become so strong that when on one of her "bad days" she will sometimes attack innocent people in an attempt to take their heart. But since none of the hearts she has taken so far have accepted her, she has started to wish that she could feel hatred and the lust for vengeance so she could enjoy causing pain to other people, who do feel emotions.

When it comes to other people, Amayax is rather ignorant of their needs and emotions- unless she is in her benevolent mood. Other than that, she is very unwilling to help anyone except herself. Not because she's aware of only her needs, but simply because she doesn't feel it is worth it, seeing that she doesn't feel any gratification after helping.

History:

Amayax doesn't remember much of what happened before the day she woke up on the sidewalk of a street. She only woke up knowing her name and feeling she was somehow incomplete. After walking around looking for answers, she eventually found she was a 'Nobody', somebody without a heart- which explained her feeling of being incomplete, but not much else.

She is not sure how she gained her Keyblade- it was just there when she woke up. After learning that Keybladers were supposed to be good people, she attempted to blend in playing her benevolent role. Somehow, she was never quite good at it though and never felt any gratification from helping people. In the end, it left her feeling even more incomplete. Over time, and finding out that Nobodies are supposed to just eventually "fade away", she developed her way of role-playing and became quite violent at times, starting to attack people to try and take their hearts.

Amayax does not realise, but initially there were people who tried to care for her. But being a Nobody, she was never quite able to understand and thought that she was hated. After she became violent, those feelings towards her became true.   

She often goes searching for her heart when she isn't causing trouble somewhere. However, after years of no results she believes that either it was destroyed or lost forever- or even that it is being hidden away from her by someone. And she thinks someone who may be one of those is another Keyblader. However, she also believes that since a Keyblader's heart is supposed to be so strong then she may be able to take it for herself and finally become complete.

Homeworld: Korbinian

Keyblade Name: Eternal Flutter

Keyblade Appearance:

Keyblade Ability: The butterfly on her Keyblade is able to dislodge and fly off. It can be used for a number of things, mostly battle and collecting hearts though.

Abilities: Apart from wielding a Keyblade, Amayax's power is over light- mostly using stars as a kind of "inspiration". Together, she is a versatile fighter at different ranges. Although, she is still trying to make sense of her Nobody powers, which she hasn't had much control over yet. As so far, she is able to (occasionally) summon Dusk Nobody and teleport- but not very far away from her initial position.

Dislikes: Being incomplete

Hope that's okay!  :)

gothtk14

Quote from: Melpomene on February 01, 2007, 06:55:36 PM
*facepalms*

Soooo sorry >.> Normally, it's the females who use the word 'destiny' in their screen names, so I simply assumed.

*hands you a cookie*

*looks at cookie* Is that a peanut butter cookie?

Lushin

Quote from: Zaon on February 01, 2007, 09:28:20 PM
I like it :3
course he seems more like a neutral party than anything
but I think my character might be able to 'fix' that
AKA tempt him with the one thing that volt wants

Well I never really intended him to be evil or a baddie. He has morales and stuff, plus he doesn't like the idea of just hurting people cause he can. He has been known to help people here and there, but he's never really found something that will keep him around for long periods of time. I really don't think he would like your character at all. Also he's been traveling alone for almost a year, there isn't awhole lot he wants anymore.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

gothtk14

Quote from: Daimien on February 02, 2007, 09:06:00 AM
Quote from: Zaon on February 01, 2007, 09:28:20 PM
I like it :3
course he seems more like a neutral party than anything
but I think my character might be able to 'fix' that
AKA tempt him with the one thing that volt wants

Well I never really intended him to be evil or a baddie. He has morales and stuff, plus he doesn't like the idea of just hurting people cause he can. He has been known to help people here and there, but he's never really found something that will keep him around for long periods of time. I really don't think he would like your character at all. Also he's been traveling alone for almost a year, there isn't awhole lot he wants anymore.

Me, I like no matter what.

Zaon

Yeah but there is the reason why he is traveling
there is the woman your character fell in love with yet can't be with

my character could offer to help him win her back from the one who married her

Besides I have it thought out and everything >:3

Melpomene

Tarson Hunter: ACCEPTED!

Amayax: ACCEPTED

Alright, I'll get the RP started today. More specifically; after lunch! ^.^

Zaon

um....what about the good alined keybladers?
we have a heartless keyblader and a nobody keyblader
we have no good keybladers to speak of

Melpomene

That's very... right. We don't. >.> Hmm... yea, that'd kinda foil a few things...

Okay, change of plans. I'll bugger Griffy tonight to finish that bio, so we can start tomorrow >.>;

Zaon

YAY :D
this gives me time to plan out more things that I can possibley do to cause pain and suffering not to mention distruction
>:3 MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Tiny crested flint

So it looks like we've got a good range of characters.  by my count there are 3  15-year olds, 2  17-year olds, 2  Korbinians who appear 12, a 25 year old, and a 35 year old (HA! Daimien, yours isn't the old man at all)  We've got goodies, baddies, baddie keybladers, two good sided, yet unnamed, keybladers and plenty of coolness.  Where the heck did Xze go?

Zaon

well I think Xze disapeared on us

Lushin

Quote from: Zaon on February 02, 2007, 01:55:11 PM
Yeah but there is the reason why he is traveling
there is the woman your character fell in love with yet can't be with

my character could offer to help him win her back from the one who married her

Besides I have it thought out and everything >:3

Dude he's been traveling alone for a year. You ever think maybe he doesn't want to go back and try to get her? Maybe it was the first thing he did when he left Scums, maybe he doesn't want her to see what he has become. You know cause he's mostly cybernetic and not really a human anymore. Also he's had to kill people and has made some enemies. That and he's basically forgotten his old life. That's why he will only tell people his name is Volt, so unless your character can probe minds no one will know that unless he chooses to say so.
That brings up an interesting question. The Nobodies and Heartless seem to only be after people's hearts. How would that effect a Cyborg? Seein as Volt's heart is cybernetic?
/happiness.exe

Azlan

We should be okay with 1 keyblader... I hope... if I knew anything about keyblading I'd offer to help if Xze cannot be persuaded to reappear.

Zaon

It's more the spiritual aspect of the heart not the physical
I think when KH refers to the 'heart' it's actually refering to the soul

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Zaon on February 02, 2007, 11:27:34 PM
It's more the spiritual aspect of the heart not the physical
I think when KH refers to the 'heart' it's actually refering to the soul

I don't think so, the reports in the game mention that there are 3 parts that make up a person: the body, the heart, and the soul. When the soul leaves, the body and heart give away to death, but when the heart is taken by a heartless, the darkness within it turns into another heartless, and the body and soul, if the person was strong-willed, acts on it's own, becoming a nobody.

I think the soul is the life-essence of a person, and the heart is the emotion, which is why Nobodys are emotion-less, and Heartless "act purely on instinct."

... That's what I've determined from KH1 and 2 anyways. (I haven't played Chain of Memories)

RJ

Heartless: The leftover heart from a person, leaving the body and spirit behind.

Nobody: The leftover body and spirit. Because they lack a heart, they have no emotions. They are akin to being "stuck in limbo" since they are neither accepted by either the light or darkness. The reason they attack people is because they seem to want their hearts so they can try and complete themselves.

In both cases, if the person was particulary strong, then they would keep their human appearance. I'm not quite sure about the motives of the Heartless myself, but they're different from Nobodies because they don't seem to seek being complete, but just want to increase their numbers... at least, that's what I've gathered.

Though, I'm kinda curious about what would happen if just the heart and spirit remained, and the body was discarded.

And yay, accepted!

Zaon

that's easy RJ
if the body and spirit remianed then you'd become a ghosty or somethin

RJ

Heart + Spirit = Ghost?

Hm... I suppose... but a new type of creature would be cooler, IMO.

Tiny crested flint

Looking at the idea of ghosties logically, you could (in theory) have friendly ghosty and heartless ghosts.  Friendly: A bodyless spirit with a good heart (therefore, emotions)  Heartless ghost: one who had the darkness in their heart take over, cause heartless are the dark sides of one's heart?

That would be a cool creature

Zaon

XD good point DD
very good point

Melpomene

Quote from: RJ on February 03, 2007, 01:34:30 AM
I'm not quite sure about the motives of the Heartless myself, but they're different from Nobodies because they don't seem to seek being complete, but just want to increase their numbers... at least, that's what I've gathered.

Well, sort of right. Heartless can sense Hearts (which, apart from the organic muscle the heart, is a spirit-like mass of shimmers), considering that they're made from Hearts that have been "swallowed in darkness". This sense for the Heart combined with the elementary instinct of survival and hunger, makes them simply lust for hearts. Heartless move purely by instinct, not the need for more, and it is the instinct that causes them to seek out more Hearts.

Heartless both fear and lust the Hearts of Keybladers. It's this fear that keeps them at bay, but the strength and often spontaneous qualities (these qualities being the reason the Keyblade chose its master) are also what lure the Heartless to it.

It is also possible for a Heartless' Heart to be unshrouded by this darkness. Much like how Sora turned from a Heartless to himself when Kairi embraced him. It takes an uncanny amount of strength and love for the light to reach a Heartless' Heart.

...Er, 'least, that's what I've gathered on Heartless. Nobodies are actually logical, considering they still have a spirit, yet no Heart. They seek out becoming whole, since being neither dark or light, to them, is like a living Hell, so to speak. They're devious and cunning, whereas Heartless are simply instinctive, and are able to think more than normal people, since they are not bound by the heart.

Azlan

I see!  You all are very knowledgeable, I have learned today and this is good! 

Lushin

Ah ok. I was wonder cause it would be weird if it where actually the heart thing.
A Nobody fight a Cyborg. Nobody "GIVE ME YOUR HEART!!" Cyborg "Ummm why do you want my heart it's cybernetic? It won't do you any good" Nobody "STFU"
I'm with Azlan, if I knew anything about the keyblades I would offer to take one up. I think I'll stick what I got though. I don't see a Keyblade chooseing a Cyborg.
/happiness.exe

Azlan

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely WANT a keyblade... it is exceptionally good in the cool points category and makes for a definite wierdness magnet and action attractor. 

KH seems to be about the keyblader, us allies are sidekicks and are necessary for a particular stage or so.  I shall change that... fear this sidekick, because he will be a hero.

Boog

Any RP that gives you an idea for a character in the first few seconds of reading the description must be joined!

Name: Restriction
Nicknames: Lockweilder, Squeekey, Big shadow with distinctive clothing and strange weapon
Species: Heartless
Appearance: 3'6" in height, wears a baggy green shirt with wide sleeves and baggy pants. Felinelike ears and tail, short purple hair. Yellow eyes, shadow-black skin, carries a giant padlock attatched to a chain wrapped around his left arm. Might have a ref pic later.
Personality: Timid, shy, often confused by life in general for reasons to be made apparant later. Doesn't talk much.
History: The grown-ups told us not to play in the forest, but we didn't listen. It was all great fun. Then these dark shapes started coming out of nowhere. We ran, but I can't find Jezebel or Clarence, and I think I hear someth-

I am. This is most perculier.
None of my brothers and sisters are like me. This is perculier, but not particularly.
I remember things. Many things, many important memories of people. This should not be possible, as I only realized that I am two minutes ago...

Restriction is a heartless. Like many other heartless, inside him is a heart stolen from someone else. What is different is that every so often, memories leak from this heart into him. He's often been confused by this; are they his memories? Is he Charlie Zyktomus, the young cat anthro who was caught by neo shadows in the forests of Aemulus? Or do these belong to someone else? It can be very confusing, the things he learns from these memories...
Homeworld:Aemulus
Abilities: Aemulus can cast spells like stopra, thundara, and blizaga, but his main strength is in the giant padlock he wields. He uses it as a shield and a bludgioning weapon, and can also swing it on the end of its chain, which can extend up to 20 feet in length. He's also able to use his lock to lock away aspects of people; their conscience, their courage, their memories, their trust, or something simple like their ability to move.
His timidity is evident when he fights. He never does anything without an entourage of Soldiers and/or Neo Shadows to protect him, and is more likely to run in abject terror from a keyblade wielder than actually fight them. When he does fight, he tends to panic. Any attack that gets through his guard tends to hit hard; what isn't blocked by the lock comes as quite a shock. When a keyblade is inserted into the keyhole in his padlock, this can have strange and unpredictable effects ranging from causing a flood of memories from the stolen heart within him to changing his personality or appearance temporerily.
Dislikes: Keyblades, confusing situations, loud noises, nobodies

Melpomene

Restriction: ACCEPTED!

Okay... well, this is what I've gathered on Keyblades;
The Keyblades have distinct personalities, much like "possessed" weapons. They choose masters whose personalities best suit theirs. Such as, a Keyblade based on fighting, would wish for a master who was skilled in weaponry. Like, Sora's original Keyblade was very balanced, yet somewhat tipped to the fighting scales, considering Sora himself didn't know much on magic. The Keyblades' pasts are unknown, as are their orgins. Though, it's also known that they've been used before Sora. The name is disclosed, however. And, it's inferenced that they'd be used long after Sora's gone as well. The Keyblades, in this sense, seem to be 'eternal', and I suspect that their orgins are actually Kingdom Hearts.

Also, back onto Keyblade personalities; not all are good. Some are actually bloodthirsty, or could be. Just as well, the Keyblade could be made specifically for healing. It depends on the master who wields it. Also, Keyblades may act on their own, just as such as when the Keyblade pulls at Sora's arm towards the Keyhole in Wonderland. They're attracted to the locks, even if they're good or bad.

It's also so that Keyblades may open any locks as much as they lock them. This would include a world's Keyhole.

Zaon

>:3 ooooo that sounds like good info
may I ask what are your sources?

Melpomene

Uh... Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and myself. >.> I kinda figure it out myself after replaying the games for like, my entire life.

Yes... I have a lot of free time... u.u;;