Abel's Story, 10/23/07 - Go on, Shoo.

Started by Sunblink, January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izkata

Quote from: Akisohida on January 23, 2007, 04:35:03 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 23, 2007, 12:30:28 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 23, 2007, 12:21:59 PM
Despite the fact that a marking is linked to magical powers and its usage, I highly doubt they change color to make it difficult to hide. Crests and symbols tend to be static.

Abel's hair is another thing.

But with Abel's hair I know it's a lot of work to keep that hair in that manner. I think Abel could do it with his training at SAIA he could pull this off with ease.

I think he was referring to the fact that Abels hair has brown tips and, if cut, the new ends become brown so he ALWAYS has brown ends to his hair.

Abel's profile says his hair's naturally like that - the ends automatically change when his hair is cut.  It's not something he controls.

Sunblink

Oh my god. I just had a revelation.

What if it was Abel's Cubi parent who had killed Devin, Xander, and Glory's little party, and Kria is working for him/her? It wouldn't explain why he/she would want Abel dead, though, unless he/she had no idea that it was Abel that Kria had let go. That, or they didn't know that Abel was their son (in the scenario of the parent not being Cid or May).

~Keaton the Black Jackal

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 24, 2007, 02:24:37 PM

What if it was Abel's Cubi parent who had killed Devin, Xander, and Glory's little party, and Kria is working for him/her? It wouldn't explain why he/she would want Abel dead, though, unless he/she had no idea that it was Abel that Kria had let go. That, or they didn't know that Abel was their son (in the scenario of the parent not being Cid or May).

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Maybe that scenario will work but who th e parent might be?

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 24, 2007, 02:24:37 PMWhat if it was Abel's Cubi parent who had killed Devin, Xander, and Glory's little party, and Kria is working for him/her? It wouldn't explain why he/she would want Abel dead, though, unless he/she had no idea that it was Abel that Kria had let go. That, or they didn't know that Abel was their son (in the scenario of the parent not being Cid or May).

Yeah.  I've been trying to avoid this theory.  I just don't think it's very likely.  Gary surely saw Abel, and unless he's taking some desperate measures to keep his family alive, you'd think that the speckles would remind him of May.

Gary's not one of the `cubi.  `cubi who haven't been to SAIA are probably liable to be hauled off to SAIA against their will, and any `cubi working with Kria are likely to be noticed.  Furthermore, any `cubi that have been to SAIA are probably likely to look kindly on newly-manifesting `cubi, if for no other reason than the fact that if Fa'Lina ever found out that they weren't, they would be dead.

That said, I don't think that he wants to kill Abel.  I think he recognizes that Abel's no threat, and is just ticked because Kria didn't do exactly what he ordered.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber has said that SAIA doesn't usually haul Cubi off against their will - in fact, usually it's something the parents want the child to do, so...

Dan is an unusual case. Very unusual. And, as I understand it, as SAIA sees it, he's willing, just not very - after all, he filled in an application form, didn't he?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2007, 04:01:47 PMDan is an unusual case. Very unusual. And, as I understand it, as SAIA sees it, he's willing, just not very - after all, he filled in an application form, didn't he?

See, that's just it.  I have a feeling that if `cubi start rampaging, they're liable to get applications filed in their names and wind up at SAIA for some re-education.

After all, if they start rampaging, some people might get the idea that `cubi enjoy rampaging in general, and that might lead right back to the state of affairs from before Fa'Lina founded SAIA.  It would be in SAIA's best interests to correct nefarious `cubi.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 24, 2007, 04:07:15 PMWhat's the unusual case about dan?

He didn't fill out his own application.

Aridas

How do you know if others end up filling out their own applications, or they're "referred" by other people frequently?

llearch n'n'daCorna

What's unusual about Dan is that he's not aware of what he is, and he's not willing to go to SAIA to learn more about his proud heritage (a la Aaryanna, in her gushier moments)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2007, 06:40:11 PMWhat's unusual about Dan is that he's not aware of what he is, and he's not willing to go to SAIA to learn more about his proud heritage (a la Aaryanna, in her gushier moments)

But Dan did know that he was an incubus at the time that his application was submitted, and I suspect that quite a few people are unhappy to go to SAIA.  I think that Abel will be one of them.  It may have been the best option at the time, but I doubt that Abel will be happy to go there.

veregawilks

Methinks it was Kria who killed Devin. After all, the attacks after Devin's frigid outburst changed in type from micrometeorites to the Eraser-esque beams- both seemed to be of similar power* (if in differing methods- implying differing preferences of their casters). And Kria lacks a scratch, indicating she was either NOT in the guard tower when it was blown up, or is immune to ice, shards, and splinters(I think she's already rather resilient towards normal damage). Besides, black-purple beams of death kinda suit Kria for long-range combat.

Logic says that the speaker is either A) a third member of this assault (and the leader, by his attitude towards Kria), or B) the first attacker, and either an ice elemental... thingy... or else wounded from being in the tower. (Still the leader/'superior' to Kria.)

And for all we know, it could be Regina. (She seems to be a bit young, though.)

To digress:

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2007, 10:20:43 AM
Yes, and I'd be interested to see her mark.  She certainly isn't blue for the express purpose of hiding it, otherwise she would have:

(A) Not gone waltzing around lost lake with her headwings and all (since that makes the mark kind of irrelevant)
(B) Have been a different colour inside SAIA

Doesn't the cast page indicate that Dan's clan trait are the Pip-heads on his tentacles? If that's the case, then he would have gotten them from Destiana if genetics have anything to do with it- I know, conventional biology doesn't exactly apply here, BUT you never see Alexsi with blue on her unless it appears in the form of paint, eyes or clothes.

Ergo, maybe Destiana's solid coloring is something akin to Mab's solid purple fur. Just something picked up from her parents, with nothing to do with the 'major' special markings(wings, fuzzy things on head, tendancy towards comedy/drama...)

(I should note that I fail to recall Amber mentioning anything about blue being a part of the trait for Destiana's clan.)

ANTIcarrot

I'm going to peg the whole thing on Glory.

And why not? We're close to Abel's first home town. The one with the blue badger school head teacher who didn't like unusual children. Where Cindy apparently did not have a good life, and where she killed herself. (Allegedly.) Where moving to a demon town was considered preferable to Abel's parents. It may well be that there are those in that town who have a vested interest in maintaining that prejudice. And what maintains prejudice more than manufacturing a little evidence about how evil creatures are? And how better to do that than hire a creature to do some or all of the dirty work for you.

If the main comic and Abel's back story are supposed to resonate with each other, this would go hand in glove with Dan's 'Oh my god! I'm a racist!' moment.
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

superluser

Quote from: ANTIcarrot on January 25, 2007, 02:35:40 AMAnd what maintains prejudice more than manufacturing a little evidence about how evil creatures are? And how better to do that than hire a creature to do some or all of the dirty work for you.

I, however, don't think that that's the case.  You should leave at least one person alive to report back, and if that one person be always Glory, people will start to wonder if maybe she's exaggerating things for her own self-aggrandizement.

And then what would the point of running out to meet Abel & co.?  She could blast them from afar in total anonymity.

Tapewolf

Quote from: veregawilks on January 25, 2007, 01:06:47 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2007, 10:20:43 AM
Yes, and I'd be interested to see her mark.  She certainly isn't blue for the express purpose of hiding it, otherwise she would have:

(A) Not gone waltzing around lost lake with her headwings and all (since that makes the mark kind of irrelevant)
(B) Have been a different colour inside SAIA

Doesn't the cast page indicate that Dan's clan trait are the Pip-heads on his tentacles? If that's the case, then he would have gotten them from Destania if genetics have anything to do with it- I know, conventional biology doesn't exactly apply here, BUT you never see Alexsi with blue on her unless it appears in the form of paint, eyes or clothes.
Alexsi is Edward's child, though, not Dee's.

QuoteErgo, maybe Destania's solid coloring is something akin to Mab's solid purple fur. Just something picked up from her parents, with nothing to do with the 'major' special markings(wings, fuzzy things on head, tendancy towards comedy/drama...)

As I understand it, if a Being and a 'Cubi mate, the 'cubi offspring will mostly take after the Being.  What happens if both parents are 'cubi, I do not know.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

My feelings is going towards more to Glory> She has not been seen this long alive or dead I think she's alive and betrayed the whole group.

ANTIcarrot

Quote from: superluser on January 25, 2007, 04:46:34 AMYou should leave at least one person alive to report back, and if that one person be always Glory, people will start to wonder if maybe she's exaggerating things for her own self-aggrandizement.

This is true. However I am not necessarily accusing Glory of being the master villain, but rather of being a brown-shirt. That the organisation she works for kills people to justify their existence (and presumably tax levels) to the communities that support them I'm assuming in this case they did not anticipate the arrival of some 'meddling kids', and had to improvise.
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

ShiningShadow

BUt you never know what things will happen at DMFA what we miss will be the plot twist that Amber throws at us all the time.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 24, 2007, 03:11:36 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

I like Cid for this scenario, but since it was mentioned, it will never occur, that is how Amber opperates.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 25, 2007, 02:20:02 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 24, 2007, 03:11:36 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

I like Cid for this scenario, but since it was mentioned, it will never occur, that is how Amber opperates.

Hmmmmmmmmm? maybe your on the right track with that one. Amber has a habit to throw a curve at us all the time.

veregawilks

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2007, 05:13:58 AM
Alexsi is Edward's child, though, not Dee's.

Sorry, my error; I should know better than to post on a forum after midnight.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2007, 05:13:58 AM
As I understand it, if a Being and a 'Cubi mate, the 'cubi offspring will mostly take after the Being.  What happens if both parents are 'cubi, I do not know.

Okay, I'm not translating here... Time for an analogy. I'm referencing the fur color as something akin to human hair-color. Destiana picked up her blue coloring from her parents, irregardless of her succubi-dom - like [pulls a name out of his hat] Prince Allen having blue-black hair despite his parents being brown-haired. It has no relevancy to our gedanken prince's noble blood, just miscellaneous genetic transfer from his parents.

To digress again:

And I noticed the reference in the Wiku on our hero's potential symbol. I thought those things could be expressed in any number of ways (even the form of the wings or the shape of the pupil), but I guess Mab decided they'd be shiny furtoos for continuity. *shrugs*

(In a way, I hope he doesn't get it. It'd be too much of a char shift to be believable- especially if he has some sort of 'gift' for magic, or gets over his distaste of magic in just one storyline. I've seen that shtick too MANY times in bad fantasy fiction.)

Magic

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 11:49:09 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 22, 2007, 11:30:11 PM*Charles rampantly speculates!*  I suspect that it is in fact... Dr. Ink!

Nah.  Abel knows Ink.  He doesn't seem to have the sort of relationship that a near victim would have with his assailant.

That, and the usual 'evil gentlemanly Hannibal Lecter voice' speech balloons aren't present in the comic. Then again, that would be making it too obvious, wouldn't it?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

superluser

Quote from: Ink on January 25, 2007, 04:42:47 PMThat, and the usual 'evil gentlemanly Hannibal Lecter voice' speech balloons aren't present in the comic.

Funny.  I think someone else already mentioned that...

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 11:49:09 PMPlus Gary doesn't have the stochastic-shaded word balloons, so that rules him out entirely.

:P

ShiningShadow

Well tommorrow we will have the answers to who is that mysterious voice. Alright place your names here before midnight so we could find out all together if we are right or wrong here's mine

1. Cindy
2. Xander
3. Glory

That's what I got so far from the story.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 26, 2007, 08:15:07 AM
Well tommorrow we will have the answers to who is that mysterious voice. Alright place your names here before midnight so we could find out all together if we are right or wrong (snip)

Mab    :kittydevious

With regards,
Ted

ShiningShadow

It's getting mysterious the voice is there but no face as of yet. I'm adding to this Dark Pegasus he might be the voice.

Kenji

It's all just a plot by Amber to stall the radio projects. :D "Introduce lots of shadowy mysterious figures that may already exist in the comic!"

ShiningShadow

they are other plausable theories I could throw at but right now I'm so exausted i'm taking a nap right now.

Aridas