Abel's Story, 10/23/07 - Go on, Shoo.

Started by Sunblink, January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

it's ONLY been a few hundred years, of course SAIA is around.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I'm thinking that Kria is currently in a subordinate-type setting.
My random-speculation says.... it's his cubi-parental!!! Of course... that idea was shot right down. By my brain. Yes, the rumours are true, I do have one. But that's not to say it isn't a blood-relative of his...
Oh well, laissez-faire, wait and see.

Alondro

*Charles rampantly speculates!*  I suspect that it is in fact... Dr. Ink!  Cuz he's evil and likes killing people!  And it's so easy to blame evil things on him!  Now let us all point at him and scowl disapprovingly!  *points and scowls and the demonic doctor*   :nono
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

How odd that everyone missed the obvious. It's Apocalypse Steer, future father of Lorenda. Granted Kria won't make nookie with him for another few hundred years but Apocalypse Steer eventually grew on her like a fungus. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on January 22, 2007, 11:30:11 PM*Charles rampantly speculates!*  I suspect that it is in fact... Dr. Ink!

Nah.  Abel knows Ink.  He doesn't seem to have the sort of relationship that a near victim would have with his assailant.  And Abel would find out.  Sooner or later, one of the first-years would learn about it, and Abel would read that student's mind, and voila!  I mean, it's not like they would keep that secret from all the students just because one might react strongly.

Plus Gary doesn't have the stochastic-shaded word balloons, so that rules him out entirely.

But you know, mainly the circumstantial evidence about Abel's relationship with him 350+ years later.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Toric

My first guess was very close to superluser's arbitrary name of the mysterious new character. Remember how we haven't seen hide nor hair of the rival being party since the attack, even so much as a dead body?

It sure would have stunk for you if you hadn't known which direction to face that shield to defend from the barrage, eh Glory? >:O *Accusatory finger of dooooooom!*

[Edit] Okay, so Glory can still be seen in this comic, in.... pretty much the exact same position she was when the attack started for some reason. Oh well, I stand by my accusation for now despite how it will probably come back to bite me later.
Yap by Silver.

Aridas

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 22, 2007, 11:43:14 PMHow odd that everyone missed the obvious. It's Apocalypse Steer, future father of Lorenda. Granted Kria won't make nookie with him for another few hundred years but Apocalypse Steer eventually grew on her like a fungus. 
Stop makin' up them stories, junior!

Regal

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 22, 2007, 09:17:09 PM
Part of me says 'Noooo! Kria! WHY!? >( D: ' and part of me says 'I doubt she would have killed Abel and Xander because she likes Abel so she could not have done it'.

*leans over the spiderfox's shoulder with a devilish smile*

You know... She doesn't know that they were his friends...

And really, were they? One he just met and the other used to throw rocks at him. They might have became friends given time but I wouldn't say they were yet.

Grenn

So um....

Where did Abel's headwings go?

Kenji

Manawolf

Demons never were good at following orders.

Kasarn

It's not their fault if the orders weren't given properly :P

Regal

Quote from: Grenn on January 23, 2007, 12:45:55 AM
So um....

Where did Abel's headwings go?

The same place as his backwings.   :mowcookie

Fex

Aridas

I guess this is proof enough that even after only one abel's story, people don't pay attention.

Dard

I am really surprised how many people here seem to have had any doubts that Kria was part of the killing crew who did all that carnage.
I am also really surprised that seems to make a change on her charakter in any way. I mean, this is totally consistent with all we know about her in the main series.
So yes, I still want her back in the main series, just like before. This didn't change anything.

MT Hazard

I notice the patch/ amulet can hide both wings (wing space?)  but his clan mark is still there, I wonder what cubi conspiracy theorists would make of the 'can't hide your mark' issue?

"It's to stop us getting too powerful I tell you ! its a built in weakness!"

I wonder if hair/fur dye would work.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

"If you don't know, come to learn.  If you know, come to teach."
--1971 DA Drug convention as attended by Hunter S Thompson and Ralph Steadman

Well, Kria certainly isn't teaching.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kirishala

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 22, 2007, 11:43:14 PM
How odd that everyone missed the obvious. It's Apocalypse Steer, future father of Lorenda. Granted Kria won't make nookie with him for another few hundred years but Apocalypse Steer eventually grew on her like a fungus. 
Nope, Lorenda's dad was father was a being, which are neither known for going on rampages nor  for living upwards of 350 years.

My theory is that the mystery voice is Kria's mother and that they are on a mother-daughter rampage as Kria tried (without much success) to take Lorenda on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 23, 2007, 05:34:10 AM

According to what Amber has said on the forum, several times, "No."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 23, 2007, 05:43:44 AM

According to what Amber has said on the forum, several times, "No."

Was a reason given why not?

Tycoon

I notice the patch/ amulet can hide both wings (wing space?)  but his clan mark is still there, I wonder what cubi conspiracy theorists would make of the 'can't hide your mark' issue?

Ah, so no wonder why Kria doesn't have wings in DMFA, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder how Aaryana would handle the thought of Abel wearing it, though  >:3

As to the clan marking, I doubt that having a mark on one's body is enough to attract attention. Wings, on the other hand, are notoriously hard to hide (especially ones that are poking out of your head).
At the moment, no one will care about the marking because:
A. They may think that it is a tattoo.
B. They might think that the Adventurer's son has blood on his back, so they won't be worried.
C. They may recognise that clan marking, but it will make no sense due to Abel's lack of Cubi-Features.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tycoon on January 23, 2007, 06:04:39 AM

Ah, so no wonder why Kria doesn't have wings in DMFA, thanks for clearing that up. I wonder how Aaryana would handle the thought of Abel wearing it, though  >:3

As to the clan marking, I doubt that having a mark on one's body is enough to attract attention. Wings, on the other hand, are notoriously hard to hide (especially ones that are poking out of your head).
At the moment, no one will care about the marking because:
A. They may think that it is a tattoo.
B. They might think that the Adventurer's son has blood on his back, so they won't be worried.
C. They may recognise that clan marking, but it will make no sense due to Abel's lack of Cubi-Features.

It is a useful identifying feature for those in the know. E.g a beautiful women walks up to an adventurer but she has a brightly coloured mark on her fur so he is on his guard.

One thing I'm wondering Is how on earth would you tattoo fur? Tattoos are usually beneath the skin. The answer is, inevitably, magic. Its like many religious texts (and sci-fi) one answer to many questions.

Sid

My first guess was actually "Matilda" (for various reasons), but she's too young, so eh. :/
Next "Wouldn't it be cool if..." choice would be Regina, but I personally doubt it.
An uber-awesome (yet unlikely) choice would be Xander. ;)

Aside from the guess-work, I'm kinda surprised that people wonder about Kria being hired. It's well-known that she spent a good while doing freelance Demon work before meeting Lorenda's father... so being hired for a one-time job doesn't sound terribly unlikely.

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 09:09:28 PM
...anyways I liked it.  Kria actually looks good in this one.  We don't often see her motherly/feminine side.  The cocked head to one side with raised eyebrows?  Hawt.

Mhhhh, agreed. :)
Kinda makes me wonder if her awesome looks in general are because of the era or because of the slight style boost that came between Kria's last main-comic appearance and the start of Abel's Story (assuming that I'm not forgetting some recent main-comic appearance)...
:boogie

Pentawolf

My bet is.. regina.. /silly

On a more seriouse note, whomever it is, its probably not Dark Pegasus.  (don't question my logic, it will only question you.)

If it was Kria's mother.. well... I dont hold much faith in that theory either.  And I'm doubting its a dragon.

An interesting twist would have it be Destina.  But we shall see in due time... Muahahaha!

Akisohida

Well, it can't be Matty because taurs are too awsome to hire other people to rampage. We do it ourselves. :boogie

Here is a new theory from me. The voice did the killingses and then sent Kria out to 'finish off' any survivors of both ambushes and Kria went 'Eep! Abel!' I know someone said 'I bet they would be hard to recognize at a distaince!' but my grade school teacher came into my restaraunt last week and knew who I was and I am not even living in the town I grew up in anymore! Teachers just remember who their students were..and a spotted cat with large wings was not all that common. Methinks Kria was not even looking out of the building when it went down (why rosk giving away the exact location of your backup before they are going to attack?)

I also think the mystery voice is probably going to have ruined clothes or some scratches or cuts from the ice blast earlier, prooving it was the voice who attacked. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ShiningShadow

Hmmmmmmmmmmm this is getting interesting. I knew Kria was a Bad Mamma and a sexy one to boot *woot*. Anywho I have the suspicion of that voice that has to be Glory. Why? simple I have not seen her since that battle was engaged and her group definitely dead and she is the one who plan this from the start. But for what reason I don't know at this point, as I could see from this Glory is my only suspect in this matter.

superluser

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 23, 2007, 05:34:10 AM"It's to stop us getting too powerful I tell you ! its a built in weakness!"

It's more because Amber secretly hates Munchkins.

I do note that both hair and flesh can cover the mark, since Abel's braid covers it and we don't see a mirrored version on Abel's chest.  So `cubi should be able to make a flap of skin or tuft of hair that covers the mark.

(Another such secret: Water is wet)

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 23, 2007, 05:40:53 AM"If you don't know, come to learn.  If you know, come to teach."

I was trying to make this observation, but neither ``in-service'' nor ``evening classes'' seemed to be the appropriate turn of phrase.

Also, for all the speculators, it can't be Regina--she's too young.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 23, 2007, 09:28:41 AM
I do note that both hair and flesh can cover the mark, since Abel's braid covers it and we don't see a mirrored version on Abel's chest.  So `cubi should be able to make a flap of skin or tuft of hair that covers the mark.

Hmm.  What if he decides he'd look cool with red fur?  If the thing is faintly glowing or pulsating, that would put a stop to that trick (I'd assume that there are tattoos which glow as well, since they must be magic to work on a furre).

QuoteAlso, for all the speculators, it can't be Regina-- she's too young.

I must admit I like the idea of it being Xander.  I doubt we're that lucky, though  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadowcatcher

I suspect it might be someone yet-to-be-introduced who could have an apparence later in the main DMFA storyline.  Anything goes at this point!