Issues at CVRPG.com (All Fans Read)

Started by Darkmoon, November 07, 2005, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

As I posted in the news block over at the site, CVRPG will not be updating with the normal comics for the next couple of weeks. I will be updating, but it will be with Frankie and Mummy comics.

The reason is that my computer died. Win2k crapped out, and so, instead of trying to fix it, and likely reinstalling it, I'm just gonna hold off, upgrade to XP, and get the new mother board put in all in the same time. First chance I have to work with my tech person though is two weeks from now.

Also, DSWC is on hiatus until the problem is fixed.

Sorry about all this.

Destina Faroda

No problem, but I'm confused about something.  Do you have the matierals for the comic but just not the computer for uploading puporses, or did you lose the comic stuff too?
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

Well, I have what I host on the siet for people to use. Thus, not a whole lot in the way of other game sprites, or backgrounds, and some of my glows are outdated. Sadly, I will likely have to remake them. But the backgrounds and the sprites I will still have once I redo my comp. They are on a seperate partition from the windows drive.

So, i can make comics to fill space, but I can't do "elaborate" CVRPG comics.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

Darkmoon, quit posting under your wife's account.  You're not SnappleMan. ;)

Seriously, I hope everything turns out all right.  What rotten timing!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I didn't mean to. I logged in as me. Damn computer...

It is sucky timing, but hey, at least I still can get some sort of comic up and running to fill the space.

ilpalazzo

Darkmoon

Well, that's not ruled out. I may see if I can get Mab to do one and have you in there somewhere...

Or maybe Jorge would do a sprite for use once my computer is back up and running...

ilpalazzo

Darkmoon

So this sprite will be utter fiction then?

ilpalazzo

no no no, make me look like those two pics i have, but an alucardish figure.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Explanation?
What pictures?
Sprite?
Who're we talking about?

I can whip up a quick sprite, but I need the necessary info.

Darkmoon

Illy P wants a sprite of himself for in the comic as he donated a DS...

Fizzbit

I still haven't appeared in an official comic yet!

ilpalazzo

Quote from: Jorge D. Fuentes on November 14, 2005, 11:23:14 AM
Explanation?
What pictures?
Sprite?
Who're we talking about?

I can whip up a quick sprite, but I need the necessary info.
The photos in the photn album yet put the alucard hellsing hat, not kid alucard. I stayed up last night thinking about it.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Fizzbit on November 14, 2005, 12:23:12 PM
I still haven't appeared in an official comic yet!

That would be mostly because I haven't come up with a situation requiring the use of your character yet.

Sin Ominous

She's the host of the Vampire Party! :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkmoon

Sin Ominous

Who said the host had to be a vampire? ;)
:yeahthat

Darkmoon

It's a vampire party... conceptually... I would figure that makes the host a vampire.

Xuzaf D

That's a strange and slightly (though probably not intentionally) racist concept. What if I wanted to throw a party for vampires? How do you like them apples?

Destina Faroda

If you wanted to throw a party for vampires, go ahead, but if you find yourself being drained of blood before the night's over, don't say I didn't warn you.
Sig coming...whenever...

Xuzaf D

Now, now. I wouldn't dare throw a vampire party without the proper amount of fresh blood; and if I did have enough of said blood and they still attacked me then they wouldn't be very good party guests now would they? To say that they are all so barbaric as to attack the host of a party is even more racist than Darkmoon's statement.

How do you like 'dem apples?

Destina Faroda

So many ifs you have to qualify that with.  Basing your premise on the exception then? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

And going by your thinking, I said you'd be "drained of blood" and exsanguination doesn't necessarily imply consumption.  But playing this game is tiring,
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Well, this then goes to just how evil aer Vampires then? Most would agrue that your average vampire would indeed kill you for the fun of it.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Destina Faroda on November 18, 2005, 12:40:11 AM
So many ifs you have to qualify that with.  Basing your premise on the exception then? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

And going by your thinking, I said you'd be "drained of blood" and exsanguination doesn't necessarily imply consumption.  But playing this game is tiring,
I say that there should be no reason for them to drain my blood in the first place and to say that they would "just because" is where the racism comes in. I also say that starvation wouldn't be an excuse to that rule, since I would be feeding them as a proper host should.

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 18, 2005, 12:54:06 AM
Well, this then goes to just how evil are Vampires then? Most would argue that your average vampire would indeed kill you for the fun of it.
And would you really expect a gentleman to do that just because he's a vampire? See, this is like saying that black people steal on instinct. How very racist, indeed. :laugh

Darkmoon

Well, this instict of a demon, if you believe that vampires have the demonic in them, would be to kill for simply the sake and fun of killing...

Destina Faroda

:yeahthat

The whole idea of vampire party as we're discussing it occurs in the universe of CVRPG. You have to keep in mind that it has been established that vampires are inherently evil.  They might have wildly varying personalities, but they are definitely bad.

Now let's suppose we are not working with CVRPG vampires but vampires who are as morally ambiguous as the average person.  Why would a human throw them a party in the first place?  If they're that inconspicuous, a person wouldn't even know who's a vampire and who's not, making the whole concept of a vampire party nonexistent.  Furthermore wouldn't it be even more "racist" for a human to try to hold a party just for vampires?  Would this human be having issues with his own humanity and want to be one of the undead?  And let's not even think of the difficulty in obtaining all the materials necessary for this type of party....

But let's suppose, you have answers.  Suppose you throw this part...who do you think's going to come?  The same type of people who come to regular parties...you know the people who get drunk, are piggy, make a mess.  Now it's bad enough when humans do it, but a human among a group of troublemaking vampires who happen to be gifted with supernatural abilities humans lack.  You're just asking for trouble.
Sig coming...whenever...

Jorge D. Fuentes

Alucard isn't a bad vampire.
Neither is Darkmoon (not really).
What about that "D" Guy?
And don't forget the girl from "Blood: The Last Vampire"
and also, Rosa from CV64/LoD wasn't bad.

Heh.

Xuzaf D

The whole hero team is there and none of them have gotten chopped up or even suffered a paper cut. So what's the exception there?
and what is this?:

This is at the party right?

ilpalazzo