Stirring Up Chaos

Started by Sirius Griffon, January 15, 2007, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirius Griffon

((OOC: Bear with me, theres a lot to cover x-x))

It had been a long time since that day Leona had recieved the call. She sighed softly, her thoughts drifiting from the letter she was supposed to be writing. She had been having a lot of fun then, travelling with her best friend Adrian Mneme and Morbid, the girl who she hated at first but quickly grew on her. And oh yes, Flitch. Couldnt forget Flitch! The little Pyrion had tracked her down, just to check up on her after he had heard her husband had passed...

Wow, that had been a hard time for her. Ramses had been her rock, and the very reason she hadnt taken down an entire world system with her siblings and mother. Ramses had taught her how important humans were, mortals in general, that their lives meant something. After he had passed Leona had been literally running to pas sthe time, unwilling to sit down and actually think about it...

Then Adrian had come. It had been... really great. She could have travelled with her friend for centuries and not minded at all. But one night, she recieved a mental calling, a dream, from one she knew all too well: her mother and creator: Eris, Goddess of Chaos.

Eris came to Leona with the story of Median. How many centuries before, she had helped the chaos forces of Median fight against the sheerly massive forces of Order. Eris and many otehr world's chaos deities had come to help, mainly because oif the balance was overthrown in one world there would be an effect throughout the galaxies. But the war had been brutal, killing off many chaos deities...

Eris herself had only now, all these years later, been able to regain enough strength to call to her children. Leona had been the only one still able to hear. And despite their past history (for Eris had of course not only manipulated Leona directly but tried to kill Ramses...) Leona knew she had to go. For Median, and for her mother.

Knowing her friends were deep asleep, Leona left a short note for them to find: Dont try to follow... I mean it. Take care guys, Ill miss ya. -Leona. And she had shifted to Median.

This had happened almost a hundred years ago. During that time Leona tried to help her mother recover with small acts of chaos... but it was clear a larger scale was needed. Median needed a Chaos force large enough... an army of sorts. And the shifter, though throughly against the very idea, was drafted as the leader of those forces.

Which was why she found herself now writing this letter, or trying to. She found she still missed her friends... it had been really lonely. Eris had taught Leona much of her chaos abilties, how to control them even better and granted Leona a few more... but it didnt matter. She sighed softly. She knew though this was a path she had already taken. Median needed help, and it needed it now. She had seen it herself... the people had grown so slothful that many probably had never seen the light outside of their own homes.

"Come on Leona gal, THINK!" she told herself, then nodded and began again. In the end, she finally penned the letter, and nodding she sent it out with a sigh. It was to be sent to persons of interest and though Leona knew some Order affiliates would probably see this as well, or even some heroes... (wait, wasnt she the hero, the good guy here? How confusing...) well, then they would. It would bring about the battles that more quickly.

She dispersed the letter, which replicated itself and was sent throughout various planes of existence, wherever they were to be needed. The letters read as followed:

To Whomever Reads This,

Median is in great need of your assistance. The world has grown lazy, slothful, complacent... its people have forgotten what life really means and how much it means. Theyve forgotten how to live.

Thats where I need folks to help me. The reason is that Order here has been reigning unchecked for over a thousand years. I need folks to help me stir up Chaos in this world and well, get the people back up and moving!

Anyways, yes, where was I? Ah yes! Any help would be appreciated and yes, considering the stakes, you would be compensated accordingly by Eris herself after the battles are won.

Interested? Just speak the word CHAOS aloud, and you'll find yourself where you need to be.

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

There... that should do it. Leona sighed softly, watching the leter fly out, and sank against the desk a moment. Whatever it was... it was started. Oh she did hope she was doing the right thing.... she was wasnt she? Or was she merely being manipulated again by Eris? Still she had seen herself the state of Median...

Why did the concept of good and evil have to be so complicated?

Eris, who of course was by no means better, did have an idea. She smiled lightly, and grabbed ahold of one of Leona's letters. This one... Leona needed a friend. She needed an advisor, one who knew her better than most would.

More than that, it could be considered a reward of sorts. Eris never even dreamed Leona would do any of this for her. So adding at the end of one of these letters in her own hand she wrote:

Miss Adrian Mneme, I send this leter directly to you. Please note that my daughter has missed you terribly... and would certainly appreciate any help that you can provide. And for the sake of my sanity... make the child smile!

The letter was then dispersed along with the others, drawing a smile from the goddess as she went back to sleep. Time to see what would be made of this promising venture..

Gareeku

It was a quiet, peaceful day in the town of Harkhun, situated in the realm of Furrae. In one house in particularly, a spiky-hair white furred wolf sat snoozing in a chair, dressed in his usual attire of a sleeveless deep blue gi, accompanied by redfingerless gloves and a pair of sandals. On the table by the side of his chair sat his katana; the weapon he always used when thrown into battle.

It had been a quiet time for Gareeku Manoko in recent times, save for the "job" he had just returned home from; the usual run-of-the-mill, defeat-the-evil-demon-and-save-a-town thing. Returning home, he had found himself to be fatigued, due to the fact he had spent the last few days travelling non-stop.

It was then, however, that something suddenly fell into his lap. Waking with a start, the wolf's eyes immediately snapped open as his hand grabbed his sheathed katana. Looking around, Gareeku found an envelope sitting in his lap. Breathing a sigh of somewhat relief, the wolf rose to his feet, fastening his blade to his side. With the envelope in one hand, Gareeku  put on his brown hooded cloak, deciding that he would read the letter on the way to the shops.

A few minutes later, the wolf was outside the front door of his home. Opening the envelope, Gareeku removed the letter from within and unfolded it...

To Whomever Reads This,

Median is in great need of your assistance. The world has grown lazy, slothful, complacent... its people have forgotten what life really means and how much it means. Theyve forgotten how to live.

Thats where I need folks to help me. The reason is that Order here has been reigning unchecked for over a thousand years. I need folks to help me stir up Chaos in this world and well, get the people back up and moving!

Anyways, yes, where was I? Ah yes! Any help would be appreciated and yes, considering the stakes, you would be compensated accordingly by Eris herself after the battles are won.

Interested? Just speak the word CHAOS aloud, and you'll find yourself where you need to be.

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

As Gareeku read what was written in the letter, his raised an eyebrow.
Median...? Where the hell is that? the wolf wondered as he thought the letter over, putting it inside a small pouch at his side. And who is this "Leona" as she claims to be...?
"Hmmmm...something about this "Chaos" seems kinda funny..." the wolf muttered out loud. However, as soon as the word "chaos" was said, the wolf suddenly found himself being transported to another place.

His head darting around, the wolf instinctively unsheathed his katana.
"What the hell?!" he exclaimed in surprise, his eyes continuing to dart around as he quickly shifted into a defensive stance.

Sirius Griffon

Leona, as it turned out to be, happened to be at first a very human looking girl, snoring at her desk. In fact, one wondered if she could wake up the dead with snoring as loud as she was. But to give the girl a break, she had been working hard for quite some time. And the magic needed to disperse the letters had taken quite a bit of energy.

But even she couldn't have missed the familiar smell of energies washing through her nose, nor the smell of an entirely new being she had never met before. 'So soon!' she thought with a jerk. 'Oh I never got a welcoming party started! I have no snacks, no soda! Geeez what a horrible hostess I am!' She laughed softly to herself, as she shook her head and looked around.

It was a wolf standing before her, an anthro wolf. Suddenly she wished she had taken to her lioness form... it stood a bit taller and more er, powerful looking sort to speak. The form she had taken now, her usual state, was anything BUT intimidating. She stood at a full 5'3", and her brown hair looked as though if one tried to take a comb through it they would come back with a stick with no tines left! Her build was small, not very muscular but rather lithe, but she did have a nice tan. Outfit wise she wore a red skirt slit up the side, brown gloves, and a short silk shirt with red silk ties and oriental style patterning along it. The girl looked to be in her early twenties, a bit older than she normally tried to look to folks but it seemed applicable here nonetheless.

The room itself was interesting. It looked to be a wood construct... but a massive one. Like a lodge hall would be of sorts, complete with a fancy chandelier above their heads. (which Leona always thought would be asking for trouble around chaos but never got around to asking her mom about!) There was a massive, long table lined with many chairs, all made of wood. (Treated mind you with anti magic spells and protections against the mundane as well.) There were a few candles lining the walls lit with neverending mage's fire, and a few windows as well that looked to be of stained class depicting... well, regular Orderly scenes. It was, after all, an old abandoned Order house suited now for Chaos needs.

Leona, however, noted the unsheathed katana that was out. "Whoa whoa, HEY! Put that away!" she said, instantly on her guard. She was instantly lighter on her feet, watching the newcomer warilly.

"I don't want to fight you... " she told him. "My name's Leona deBezna and yeah... if you're an Order type I mean coming here alone would be a reeeeally bad idea yanno? Wait... ya didn't read the word by accident did you?" she asked, her expression shifting to concern as she kept her eyes upon him. It was those eyes that defined her as a child of chaos, brilliantly golden in any light.

"Geeeez, I'm sorry. I can shift ya back to your own world if ya like after I get some of my energy back..."

Gareeku

Noticing the woman in front of him, the wolf looked her up and down. Confirming that she wasn't a threat, Gareeku calmed down, resheathing his blade and bowing politely.
"Forgive me for being like that. Force of habit." he smiled apologetically. "My name is Gareeku Manoko."
Hearing the woman mention her name, the wolf raised his eyebrows.
"Leona, hmmm? I'm afraid I did read it out by accident." Gareeku replied, "But I have a feeling my services will be needed here, so I will stay. If what you sayin the letter is true, then the people of this world will need all the help they can get. Whether it be order or chaos, no-one should live like the people of this "Median" place you speak of. However, I would like to know more about the whole situation, if you don't mind me asking."

Snuggles

Eric is just walking with his staff, a little hunched over it. Eric raises his head slightly then caught the letter that was flying past him. "Hello, what do we have here." He says to himself. He opens it and starts to read inside of it.

To Whomever Reads This,

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

Eric pounders this sightly. Chaos in this realm seems to be struggling to keep itself up he thinks. Eric moves on with the letter in his hand. Still wondering who the person was that this came from to be so pleding to send it out to anyone, he moves into the town and sits down at the bar setting his staff beside him. The wizard that he was suppose to meet here was late. They strike up a conversation once he gets there about what he was looking for (his kids) and finds out a couple of them went to the realm of Median and have started a new life. Eric thanks the wizard and grabs his staff and leaves. Hmmmm... maybe i should help out the chaos this one time and i should find where my kids are and how they are doing, He thinks. word of Chaos he reads again out loud this time and then finds himself in between the two worlds then in the world of Median. As he lands staff first then leaning on it he lands on his feet and he looks around, he sees Leona and Gareeku. He then looks Leona strait in the eye "You must be..." looks down at the paper then looks back up. "Leona, It is a pleasure to meet you." Still leaning on his staff not paying any attention to Gareeku.

Sirius Griffon

"Ah its uhm, quite alright!" Leona replied with a bright smile, delighted no conflict had taken place. "Gareeku then, a pleasure to meet you!" She bowed her head lightly in turn towards him, and when back up had a cheerful smile.

"We can certainly use any help we can get here," Leona admitted truthfully. "Ya see, I'm about the only force of chaos this world has left, and uh..." She laughed softly. "Well, yanno what? I sent out a BUNCH of letters Gareeku. Lets wait until I can get everyone all gathered and set up and Ill explain it to everyone at once as best as I can..." She laughed softly. "Cause I'm not sure I can explain about it all more than once without getting all tongue tied!" she admitted with a smile. "So for now, have a seat," she said, nodding towards the table. "Or if ya like there's a lounging area the next room over too! Need anything to eat or drink?" she added. "I um... kinda fell asleep before I could get anything gathered..." she added, a sheepish, embarrassed look across her face.

She paused a moment then, looking serious. "Yeah... Median's the world we are in now. I um... when everyones here Gareeku I will tell ya just what's going on out there, how the folks are living. Its kinda scary really... but I want everyone to make their own decisions for it, and not take my word on it alone." She smiled softly then. Mom must be about rolling if she was listening in to all of this. She knew if Eris was playing the cards here directly then she would have drafted folks by force! But then, Leona had always been quite the different soul from her mother as well.

It was about than another came, the familiar magic flaring up her sense of smell again. She hoped the encounter wasnt as dramatic as the last! But indeed, this one seemed ratehr ready for her. She smiled at this person as well, nodding her head deeply to him.  "That's right Sir, Leona DeBezna," she replied, her smile bright and cheerful again, as it always was really when meeting a new person. She met his gaze calmly, for in fact she did have an appreciation for those who could meet her in the eye so well. There were... quite a few who saw less of her because of her eyes alone. But that didnt show here for once.

"Thank you for coming Sir," she added. "Uhm, might I ask your name? And please um, if I can get you anything let me know," she added. "Feel free to take a seat too if you'd like, there was quite a few letters sent so Im not sure how many to expect yet..." she admitted, with a soft laugh. Indeed, it could be hundreds, dozens, or even a handful! Ah well, such was chaos itself hmm?

Gareeku

Listening to Leona explain how she would describe the situation as soon as others arrived, Gareeku nodded his head in acknowledgment.
"Very well, I understand." He replied with a smile. However, upon hearing of food, the wolf suddenly clutched his stomach as a low growling sound was heard.
"Eh heh...if you wouldn't mind..." Gareeku replied with a sheepish smile.

It was then, however, that another person arrived, falling to the ground and using their staff to make a smooth landing. Seeing the newcomer ignore his presence, Gareeku folded his arms and rolled his eyes.
Well if he's gonna be rude than I'm not giving him the satisfaction of being nice. the wolf thought to himself as he listened to the newcomer and Leona converse.

Stygian

In a world far from Median, though not by boundaries of space nor time but by existence itself, a godforsaken world of cruelty and strife to which Magic had only recently arrived, a letter appeared from somwhere, drifting in the wind. It blew with a strong gale that carried the letter across leagues, never letting it fall to the ground even as it passed through clouds and mouintains, and over the waters of a large bay. It swirled, carried on air through low clouds and sea spray, low and high.
   The wind had a destination, one that the letter had whispered to it, and one that the wind knew well. For the wind always howled among the stretching spires of the grand city of Nibel. And this time as it did, it brought the letter with it as well, words and whispers amid the wind that sought for someone, wanting to be heard. This someone was one who was never easy to find. But the letter was intent in its purpouse, and single-minded in its device. Things that do not want to be found, were perhaps not found, that was true. But things that wanted to be found almost always were, which was true too.
   Down through the dark and towering spires, the letter swirled, down the sides of the superscrapers and towering structures that made up the city's heart, like a great man-made mountain reaching for and parting the clouds. Down through those very same clouds that mixed with the fumes and vapors of the city. The letter dodged snowflakes as easily as the vehicles that flew through the air, ones sometimes the size of a man, sometimes as large as a trailer. It sank slowly toward a dark, lightless outcropping from one of the main platforms of the city that jutted out like an irregular cog in a wheel, down on top of an apparrently abandoned city-mansion and in through a ruined skylight. It fell to a floor that feet had seemingly not trodden in years, below cracked and ruined marble columns and statues. But it was just about to be found. It was sure of that, and thus settled.
   In through the worn doors of the mansion slipped a shadowy figure, not disturbing the deathly silence of the hall in the least, even as he made quick steps across it to the great flight of stairs at its end. The dust stirred up in his wake, but somehow seemed to settle in an untouched fashion after he had swept by.
   Then the figure stopped. He was a somewhat tall man, lean but muscular, somewhat handsome though hard in appearance and all dressed in black, a fur-lined coat over his shoulders. His slightly pallid but unblemished skin and blond, moderately long hair seemed more fit in some painting than on a man in real life. His green eyes turned against the letter on the ground, where it lay perfectly displayed in the moonlight that shone through the cracked skylight above. He distinctly remembered not having seen it before. A more businesslike than curious man, he sat down on his haunches a bit and looked at the letter as it lay perfectly still on the floor, studying it with a calm expression that in no way hinted at the myriad thoughts that stormed through his head. Then, methodically but gracefully as ever, he picked it up, and read it.

To Whomever Reads This,

Thats where I need folks to help me. The reason is that Order here has been reigning unchecked for over a thousand years. I need folks to help me stir up Chaos in this world...

The man sat still, re-reading the letter once after he had finished. Then, instead of taking the normal route to the place that was the closest thing to home to him, he stood up and stepped into the shadow behind a column. He then vanished.
   When he reappeared, some distance below, he was in a large common room in a slimmed and clean style that served as main quarters to the place. Before him, another figure sat on a sort of bench, its slender shape bent over a book and sitting with its feet on a smooth watercovered stone floor. When he approached it from behind, it turned up from its reading and looked up at him.
   It had the distinct shape of a humanoid female, but black skin made up of some flexible metal or plastic and criscrossed with silvery lines in regular, thin formations, and was polished until it shone. Its face was teardrop-shaped with the point as its chin and featureless, a single large green lens surrounded by six smaller ones the only thing that disturbed the metal surface. That eye now fixated on the man with an inquisitive look, as the thing, obviously some machine, tilted its head to the side at him.
   "I think that I will be going out of town for a while, Moira," he said very simply, and handed the thing the letter. It studied it, and then looked up at him again.
   "Should I be expecting visitors?" it said in a smooth, elegant female voice with just a tiny metallic ring to it.
   "I don't think so. I'm sure you can tell it's too improbable. And things here are quite calm, as always." The man folded the letter, as his clothing began to writhe, turning into slithering shadows before disappearing into his very skin, which had turned pallid and criscrossed with little cracks. "It has an active interpretation component, and some ritual spell on it too. It should be real," he said, before starting to walk away against another room.
   "I'll stay and watch here, then," the machine-woman-thing said to his back, and then returned to her book. "Remember to mark."

Minutes later, Stygian stood on the floor in his main chambers, having straightened things at home out and prepared to go. He was dressed in his regular attire of black shirt, undershirt, wrappings, trousers, boots and a black jacket lined with wolf-fur. And these clothes were real, for a change. He had taken a snack to get his energy up, and fastened his pair of handguns, the Saevitiae, to their thigh-held holsters. He had also pocketed a few useful items for travel and a pair of extra meals in case of a long travel. He was as ready as could be.
   Holding the letter up and absentmindedly reading it again, he studied the spell that had been lain upon it. The magic was of a vivid kind that was entirely alien to him, but its purpouse was clear enough anyway. He doubted that he would have had to really speak the word. He could have just set off the triggering reaction by loosening the key part of the spell. But it just seemed so much better, so much symbolical to do it the fun way, so he shouted the word out loudly.
   "CHAOS!" his voice rang out, and immediately he felt the effect kick in. He vanished...

...and reappeared somewhere entirely else. It seemed he was not alone either. He turned to whoever had sworn, and then almost jumped when he saw who it was. A white wolf anthromorph stood just beside him, his arms folded across his chest, while he looked at some form of... well, some other sort of anthro, obviously an old male. It was the wolf who had caught Stygian's attention though. That one... He knew he wasn't acquainted with him, but he knew him still. There was a piece of memory that had drifted through to him from Hell knew where, and he knew.
   "Ga... wait, that was... Gareeku... Manoko?" he asked.

Snuggles

Eric held out his hand to Leona for her to shake. "I am Eric Kile, and very pleased to be here." And with that he shakes her hand and slowly goes over to a seat and sitting down, placing his staff against one of the chair handles. He looks up at the newcomer. As he says Gareeku, he looks over to at Gareeku and waiting for this to unfold.

ITOS

In the middle of the small briefingroom a hologram of the letter was rotating.
"I agree with UNIMR." said a floating sphere while turning it's big black eye towards a MSA commander. "This opportunity for observation is too good to pass up."
The commander looked pressed.
"I don't like it." he said with a sharp tone. The sphere remained silent. It knew there only was a 1.258% chance he wouldn't approve the mission. The commander sighed and looked at the hologram.
"OK, make up a rooster." he said.
"I already have." the sphere said cheerfully.
"But Itos... " the commander said and turned towards the sphere. "... I don't want to see any dead bodies unless it's absolutely necessary."

A few minutes later in the same briefingroom nine members of Twenty of Spades were gathered. Ace, the mission leader, stood in the middle of the round room.
"So, in summary, Jack will get close to the forces of Chaos and King will monitor Order. You may only kill if you get permission from me or Itos but otherwise you have free hands. For every one else normal rules apply, be there but don't interfere. Questions?"
Jack raised his right pawn. "Will we get there using the letter?" he asked.
"First we will observe the situation. Then you, Jack, will use the letter. King will be inserted at a later time using other methods." Ace said and smiled. Jack knew that smile, it was the you'll-be-without-backup-but-you'll-be-fine smile. Jack hated that smile.

((OOC: Jack will come in later, King will not affect anything at all.))
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Boog

If Shadou had to describe his day at work in one word, it would have been "Long." After he'd sat down from work, perhaps after Torniquet or Ollie had gotten home so he had someone to rant to, it would have expanded to "dull," "tedious," "Irritating," and possibly "GODS how I hate that elven brat in accounting!"
However, as he was entering the dwelling he shared with two other monsters created at the same time as he, he came across a strange note upon the table.

To Whomever Reads This,

Median is in great need of your assistance. The world has grown lazy, slothful, complacent... its people have forgotten what life really means and how much it means. They've forgotten how to live.

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

Shadou, at first, considered discarding it. After all, he had a steady job, plus an irritating friend and perfect significant other (who often was upset at his claiming she was perfect, but his response was always "If I didn't think you were perfect, I'd leave.") who would be upset at his leaving. However, the more he thought about it the more attractive the idea seemed. Shadou wasn't a berserk lunatic, but he did find violence to be highly therapeutic, doubly so when the person in question was an authority figure such as, in this case, the forces of order. Shadou wasn't a lunatic, but he was a bit of a bastard.
The idea seemed more attractive by the second. He was getting complacent here, hadn't done anything that had made his heart (or equivalent organ; he'd never checked) throb or gotten any sort of adrenaline rush. Besides, this was a world in danger. While he'd never regarded his creator's advice very highly, he did agree that balance was important. The fact that he could aid in this by causing trouble and breaking things was an excellent bonus.
Laughing madly to himself, the monster immediately began packing. Photography equipment (because who knew what sights he'd see that he'd like to keep?), his old Knife (only called thus because of the ratio of the width to length of the blade, and ratio of the length of the blade to the one and a half foot handle), a pair of pants (because people take you more seriously when you wear pants), his wallet, and three bars of silver (he had no clue what sort of currency was to be needed, but figured silver would keep it's value wherever).
He turned to write a quick note to explain where he'd be for an indeterminate amount of time, but stopped when, in glancing at the other side of the note, he found that someone had beat him to it.

Shadou, this came for you. That is to say, not for me. I wont intervene. There's a bag full of things you'll probably need under the table. Be home soon.
- Torniquet

Shadou reached under the table and pulled forth the bag. It contained some food, books, and a change of clo- he winced. She'd packed his suit, with another note pinned to the collar.
Your mission, if you chose to accept it...
Chuckling to himself some more, Shadou had only one more thing to take care of. Picking up the phone and calling the offices of the Greysteel Times, he explained that he would be taking his vacation time now, and that any attempt at hinderance in this would greatly upset the rather unkind monster who was payed to loiter around with a camera and skills with picture editing programs. Guffawing loudly as he slammed the phone, he hefted his bags and placed one hand on the letter.
"It's been too @#$%in' long since I've been involved in some CHAOS!"

He was still chortling when he reappeared, but stopped when the combined forces of gravity, disorientation of traveling from world to world, and aforementioned bags conspired to knock him over. Some creative profanity later as he clambered out from under the bags, and Shadou glared around the room, silently sending the message that it would be greatly appreciated if nobody ever, ever mentioned his graceless entrence. Ever.
"Name's Shadou. Somebody by the name of Sirius sent me a note?"

Valynth

Vincent, having only explored a little ways form the library before returning to once again mull over his situation.
"Well, this is...Bizzare to say the least, I mean, the world gets nuked to hell and I'm still wandering around?  This must be another world, but how did I get here?  And for that matter, how'd I come back?"  As he pondered this he saw something very strange, a small envelope had appeared on one of the reading desks.  He looked closely at it, he hadn't remembered seeing the letter there earlier, and it definitely looked newer than the books here.  Curious, he reached out to touch it, though he knew his hand would just pass through it.  
"What the..."  He said as he held the small thing in his hand.  "This place just gets stranger and stranger."  He mused as he rapidly tore it open and read the contents.

Vincent remained silent for a moment after reading the plea.

"Well, this is very odd...  I guess I can't let people just become fat and lazy...  But Anarchy would be just as bad and I don't exactly know how I could help..."   He pondered for a moment before setting his resolve.  "Ah, to hell with caution, it's not like I have that much left to lose, CHAOS!"  Immediately upon saying the word he suddenly felt himself forcefully pulled to the gathering, falling down on the floor without a sound from the sudden change of place.  He looked around at the others gathered in the room.  "Well, I appear to find myself in the Twilight zone.  I hope you guys will at least be entertaining company for whatever horrors we might encounter?"  He asked, not really expecting much of an answer.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Snuggles

Eric sees the newcomer and really doesn't care. He still is looking at Gareeku and what he is going to do. When Vincent come in, Eric senses something in the air. He does a little hand gesture almost like a he was shewing something. The air in front of Vincent starts to blow a little bit and probably passing through him.

Melpomene

Adrian was sitting with Morbid, both staring at the letter Leona had left. They had pinned it to the wall in the apartment the two shared. Adrian floated through the wall, wondering what the Hell she was doing sitting around today. There could be thigns to do... there could... there could... She should be looking for Leona! Adrian cursed, wishing she could kick something. Why had Morbid insisted that they stay put, until Leona was ready to return? It had been a hundred years! Morbid hadn't aged though, despite her being mortal. Adrian had asked upon it pleanty of times, to only be brushed off. Worst yet, she hadn't seen Charna in twenty or so of those years. Adrian floated back out to Morbid, sighing and began to pace as best as a ghost could. That was when... a piece of paper came from thin air, dropping directly where Adrian's hands should be.

"Morbid?" Adrian inquired, but the girl had gone to sleep. Double-checking to make sure no one outside could see her, the young woman grabbed a ribbon from the coffee table. At its touch, her body became a mass of physical flesh, as did her clothes. She wore the same thing she had when Leona left, a ghost having no need to change clothing. Adrian bent down, picking up the paper and quickly scanning it.

It took Adrian a few more reads for it to finally click. 'So she ran off with Eris to help this world be split into chaos?' she thought, hatred and jealousy instantly running through her. Adrian thought of joining the Order, just to spite Leona, but then knew... knew her friend hadn't done it to hurt them. She had told them not to follow... and now Leona was trying to call them back. Looking to Morbid, she set the piece of paper on the coffee table, her own note of farewell, and tied the ribbon back into her hair, so she'd stay physical. The bow itself was a gift from an Immortal, that granted her a 'mortal' body. "Chaos!" Adrian said, joy and wonder fluttering inside her body.

She ended up in the room with several others, but actually didn't really care. She squealed, running past them and tackling Leona. "You horrible liar!" she cried, hitting her in the arm playfully. "I'm gonna kill you, I swear. And then, one of these days, you'll get to know how it feels to be a mournful ghost staring at a letter pinned to the wall." Adrian laughed, then stuck out her tongue. "Your mother sent me a letter. Apparently someone hasn't been eating their apples!" The girl then glanced around at everyone else, her blind eye quivering at the sensation of fresh minds. Standing up, she dusted her skirt off and adjusted the veil that hid her fleshless face. Adrian was actually pretty shy, and glanced to Leona, letting the ribbon slip from her hair and becoming invisible. There were quite a few more than she'd had expected to come and fight in the name of Choas. Then again, there always were.

Gareeku

As Gareeku watched the others arrived, he couldn't help but smirk a little.
My, don't we have quite the motley crew forming... he thought to himself jokingly. It was then, however, that he noticed the person next to him looking at him oddly. Hearing the man utter his name, the wolf nodded his head in greeting.
"Yes, I am Gareeku Manoko. Pleased to meet you." he said politely. It was then, however, that something about the man occured to him. "Wait...do I know you...?"

Cogidubnus

Cogidunbus shrugged, walked down the dirt path. The wind whipped about him, and made the path around him sway, tall with grass. He kept his hand on his hat, and the wind blew his jacket about as it may.
"Night winds on cold hills...", he said, as he stopped for a moment to survey the area. As he looked over the fields and towards the mountains beyond, he smiled. Aspira was indeed beautiful tonight. He looked up towards the stars and the full moon, and his smile faded. He turned and continued to walk on. The wind was cold. As he walked, he watched the grass sway around him.
"Behold her, single in the field, a solitary highland lass...reaping and singing by herself, stop here, or gently pass..." He murmured to himself. Looking over the fields again, he decided to to just that. Stopping, he again stares out over the fields of waving grass. Surprised, he sees a speck of white moving amid the green. Curious, he moves towards it, careful where he steps in the dark, and is surprised when he grabs a letter. Strangely, it's new - almost freshly sealed. It had no addressee. Walking back to the path, he sat down, turning the letter over in his hands for a moment. His curiosity got the better of him, and he opened it, reading the letter inside with great interest.

To Whomever Reads This,

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

Cog smiles in earnest, despite the full moon. Wandering from place to place had it's benefits, certainly, he thought. He might as well wander where something interesting was going on. Looking down the dirt road, he grimaced. Nothing good awaited him at the end of this road, anyway. He stood up, brushed the dirt from his pants, and spoke the word.
"Chaos."

Finding himself in another place very quickly, he steadied himself on a wall, and took a look around. He was not the first here - apparently, he was not the only one to get a letter. Making a small bow, he introduced himself.
"Cogidubnus Mithlome. May I ask which of you is our esteemed host, or hostess?"

Stygian

Stygian looked around as people seemed to be coming out of the walls. It might have been that the letters had been directed at a certain point in time, or it might be that the destination was anchored in time. Or it might just have been coincidence, that they should all end up at one time. But he didn't believe in coincidence. Which again brought his mind to the present, and to whom he was talking to.
   "No. We are not acquainted. But I would say yes," he said cryptically, and offered his hand. "It seems that things lost come to you again when you travel like this. Even things you never had. Sebastian Koenig is the name. Most call me Stygian."
   Then, he turned his head quickly as a blonde girl rushed in and practically assailed the woman who appeared their hostess. He would have paid her no more attention, and resumed talking to the wolf, but then after some quick talk the girl suddenly did something with her hair, and then dissappeared completely from many of his senses. His eyebrows shot. Her physical form, with its look, its sound and its scent had just dissolved, and now all that was left was the feeling and the almost visual imprint of her soul as she stood beside their hostess, a spectre.

Valynth

Vincent watched as more people seemed to arrive, but dropped his jaw when he saw another specter, and one that could interact with the physical world no less!  He quickly approached his fellow spirit to introduce himself, but unfortunately his ability to talk to women has not improved with death.
"Uh, hi there, I'm Vincent, I'm recently deceased...  I think, I mean, I just regained conciousness a few days ago..."  he said as he thought 'Man that introduction was lame'.  "Anyway, I was wondering how you did that...  You know, punching her?"  He said as he pointed to Leona.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Boog

Shadou lugged his bags and himself over to one side and leaned against the wall, taking things in. So, let's see. A handful of heroes, and one too well-spoken to fall under that category, a seemingly arrogent young man, two Presences of some sort, and this Stygian thing. Seems like chaos.

Toric

As the letters dispersed throughout existence, some of them found willing recipients, while others fell into the hands, paws, or other appropriate limbs of creatures either unintelligent or uninterested. This is a tale of one letter from the latter group.

Toric was absently dusting the Master's study. The Mistress was busy with her piano lessons, so Toric was content to do some cleaning during this time with the knowledge that so long as the Mistress's music was heard, she would be out of trouble. As he worked his way through the "Agriculture: 320's through 380's" section, the Klausbot knocked a strange white paper off the tops of a few books. He reached down and picked up the paper, an envelope. Toric found stray letters about the household all the time, and he knew it was a simple matter of finding the recipient and either handing it to that person personally or sending it through the mail. This was the standard procedure and this was what would be done. Thus Toric was greatly annoyed when he found no name on the envelope. The envelope was sealed, so it had to belong to somebody, perhaps the name of the recipient would be inside the envelope, Toric mused. So he grabbed a letter opener, opened the envelope, and read the enclosed letter.

Toric was very confused by the letter. He had never heard of anybody named "Whoever Reads This" nor "Leona de Bezna," but neither of them lived in this household, so the letter had no business being here. He was also perplexed by the content of the letter. Slothful? Complacent? Are these not typical human qualities? Why be so concerned over something that simply is? Well, not all humans possess those qualities. The Mistress, in particular, has always possessed an energy that is quite unusual amongst humans. Perhaps this is why the Master cares for her so, and thus why he built me.
Order reigning unchecked? What is wrong with that? Order is good. The Master has many times praised me for my organization of his books. Chaos causes inconvenience, why would anybody want to create it? If everything is orderly, I know where everything is, and therefore tasks are easier. .....This letter is nonsense. It cannot be re-used because of the ink, and it has no place here. I suppose a snack couldn't hurt, and surely nobody will miss this gibberish.

With that, Toric opens the chest hatch for his organic incinerator and tosses the letter inside, and when the door closes the letter is assaulted with heat and various chemicals. As expected, the letter and ink decompose into fuel components and waste compounds, but the magic infused within the letter causes an unexpected side-effect.

While Toric is busily working through "Architecture: 340 through 348," he feels a sensation that begins in his chest but quickly makes its way up to his head and comes out his mouth. "HUP!" Toric's body stiffens straight up so quickly that the momentum picks him half a foot off the floor, and after he lands he relaxes once again. That is, until he sees the mess he made. The impact of his landing caused many books to fall off their shelves. It will only take a few minutes to clean the mess up, but it is an annoyance to say the least.

"Everything okay down here?" Toric hadn't noticed that the piano music had stopped. He turned around to see Flora looking at him and the room. "A minor phenomenon, Mistress." Toric replied. "My body suddenly convulsed, and I involuntarily made a loud sound. HUP!" Toric is briefly airborne again. Flora has to grab onto the wall so that the impact doesn't knock her on her feet. More books are on the floor, more of a mess to clean up, the Mistress will be upset at the mess, Toric thinks. She just smiles at him and says "Heh, so you're getting the hiccups now?" She turns around and continues her music before Toric can ask what a "hiccup" is. With a sigh, the Klausbot begins replacing the fallen books onto their shelves. "Where shall I start... Best to start at the beginning. Let's see, one book is missing from 'Alphabet: 360 through 361.'"
Yap by Silver.

Snuggles

Eric glances at the newcomers looking them up and down but just in a glance. He is really for something to drink. He was caught off guard by the women that disappeared in front of his eyes. Normally it wouldn't but after an entrance like that it seemed odd to him but he shrugged it off.

Melpomene

Adrian turned to her fellow specter, watching him behind her veil, and biting back a smile. "Hi Vincent, I'm Adrian Mneme. You're probably no older than a week, I'd guess. But ah... the whole 'physical' thing is mainly from a gift I was given. That ribbon, on the floor there, if I touch it, it'll make me physical. Though, it only works on my command. Trippy, huh? It's also possible I can become physical without it. As such." Adrian grabbed ahold of Leona, a physical anchon, and swiftly became visible to eyes of the living. Phasing back to translucency, though not disappearing completely to most eyes, she smiled at Vincent. "It takes a bit of energy, however, and I don't like doing it on my own."

"Anyways, are you here for this Chaos thingy? Leona's been working on it pretty hard, haven't you, Leona?" She mentally ribbed her friend, to let the creation know she was speaking of her.

Sirius Griffon

Leona grinned towards Gareeku. "Certainly, what would you like?" she asked, hopping a bit on her feet when a newcomer arrived. She looked towards the man and was about to introduce herself, when the man looked towards Garreku. Blinking she smiled.

"I'll give you two some time," she said with a wink. "Call me back later if you need me okay?" She looked back towards the mage, Eric, and shook his hand with a firm grip and a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you Eric, please let me know if you need anything to eat or drink alright?" she asked when another entered the room. She was starting to see what a BAD idea it was to have everyone come in at once! But it had been Mom's suggestion...

Maybe THAT was why it was a bad idea.

Another came by, this time of a monster variety. She hadnt really seen him yet, but rather smelled him when he entered. There were so many new smells in the room right now, it was a wonder her poor nose wasnt running yet! She blinked a moment, an ear light twitched, and she manuevered her way over. "Leona deBezna, that's my name Mister Shadou I believe I heard?" she asked. "I'll explain everything a bit more clearly in a few minutes but just let me know if you need anything to eat or dr- Eeeeep!" she cried, as she was immedatly tackled over and sent flying!

She knew that feeling. She blinked a moment, in disbelief. She had... she had made certain a letter WOULDNT go towards them. She didnt want to drag them into this... they didnt need to get in trouble or anything... "A-Adrian?!?" she asked, blinking again, her golden eyes wide. "Wait... wait... you still have that letter?" she asked, completely thrown off gaurd. At the words her mother had sent it though she blinked.

"I uhm... didnt want to drag you into this. I mean uhm... well... I..." She flushed a moment, then hugged Adrian close. "Ive really missed you, Morbid too yanno?" she asked. "I just... it was probaby stupid and selfish of me but when Eris called I didnt want to get you involved in one of her plans... though I should have came back and told you..." She fekt a bit of tears in the rims of her eyes, perhaps though, of joy. She REALLY had missed her friend.

At the glance she let Adrian go and nodded, knowing how shyAdrian could be in crowds. "Yanno I got you covered," she told Adrian with a wink.

Thats when another arrived. She could definitly smell this one, who brouht the smells of fur and a bit of dirt. She waved then from above the gathering crowd. "That would be me Sir!" she replied. "A pleasure to meet you Cogidubnus! Sorry about that, didnt expect so many replies! My name's Leona deBezna and Im the hostess of sorts tonight! Uhm, take a seat if you'd like Sir and please let me know if you need anything to eat or drink alright? I'll be over tehre shortly to greet you better!" She bowed from her place back, then realized she was being spoken to with a ribbing.

"Er uhm yes, hundred years worth of planning!" she replied, then blinked. "Who are you talking to Adrian?" she asked, tilting her head. ""I mean I can smell the enegies and such but... AH!" she said, it clicking. "Another ghost type!" She smiled brightly then. "How rude of me, I should have guessed there would be a few! Hang on, Ill adjust accordingly, and so sorry!" she added to the one she coudlnt see. Leona popped a set of lionlike ears on her head then, well rather, her human ones had shifted to such. It had happened in a few moments, since it was a skill leona was very adept at. "This should help" she replied with a wide smile. "Im Leona deBezna, nice to meet you! And you are?"

((THat should cover everyone I hope... ))

Boog

At the mention of food, Shadou's ears pointed straight up at attention and his eyes widened, but said ears dropped back down as the hostess was distracted before telling him where to find it. Sleg.
"And the girl complains that she needs MORE chaos around here?" He muttered to himself, rolling his eyes.

Valynth

Vincent was shocked by the sudden ear-change, but gave a quick scan around the room and realized that that kind of thing might be the norm.  Composing himself quickly, he began talking "err, yes.....well, as I was telling Adrian, my name is Vincent Fringe, uhm, I'm recently deceased and I'm here to help put chaos and order back in balance."

Snuggles

Eric finally finds the drinks. "May i help my self..." but before she could answer is almost looked like the liquid jumped into the nearest glass and started to move over to Eric without him even moving. Eric picks the glass out the air and takes a drink.

Stygian

"Hold a second, Gar..." Stygian said, and patted the wolf on the shoulder. He then strode over to the group that was forming around Leona. His eyes changed as he did, shifting from their "normal" form, their whites becoming black and pupils almost vanising completely into glowing poison green irises. Something else to him changed a bit as well, as his skin and hair both became a bit more pallid, and thin cracks started appearing on him, lining that skin. He cast a quick glance over the ghosts, now able to see them quite clearly, and then bowed to the hostess with a devious smile.
   "I would take you up on a drink too, miss," he said and kissed her hand. "Stygian. A pleasure," he continued, and then looked a good nine inches down on her with those frightful yet calm eyes. "I am also curious as to who this 'mother' may be." There seemed to be a glint to those eyes above his smile, the knowing kind that hides a secret. It felt almost as if something watched her from the shadows, something lurking but curious.

e_voyager

E read over the letter again. how he it gotten to him and why. this was not his world in any fashion yet he received mail even as he was preparing to leave.  was it mean for Eric a name he was considering abandoning? it did not say to Eric Valen still he was not sure it would matter what name he held as he could sense that it would have come to him anyway.
The letter mention  battles and it was true that his body was built for war again high power enemy robots who like himself have multiple lives . was this letter  a joke form Old man Wily? then there was the mention of chaos that sounded to familiar but he could not quite figure it out.
there was something odd yet compelling about this letter as hes optics scanned it a third time trusting them more this his stored images in memory. after all maybe he had missed a detail or something when he read through it the first to times but the letter was unchanged..

To Whomever Reads This,

Signed,
Leona de Bezna,
Child of Chaos

"Chaos? what does that" E stopped and looked around. hes' felt the movement shift but this was not what he expect . then he realized it. Chaos is that the name of the emeralds that the hedgehog had used to go not is super form.  E not wishing to be upstaged copying the actions and achieved a similar forum but that Can wait. right now he needed answers.  "That was unexpected. However now that i am here  Where am I?"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

"Drinks! Fantastic!" Cog said, his eyes lighting up. Nothing quite made him as happy as the mention of the possible imbibing of a whiskey - excepting, of course, if the whiskey was free. He thanked Mistress Leona and made his way towards the bottles, neatly sidestepping a newcomer, teleporting in front of him. He had the appearance of a man in black platemail, with an open helm. He smiled and went around him.
"As to where we are, sir, I could not tell you - I will say that the good lady over there will likely be able to shed some light on the matter. I assume you got the letter, so you know why we are here..." He said, finally making it to the table of bottles. He grimaced as he noticed that whiskey was unfortunately not on the selection. He chose a bottle of something clear and poured himself a glass. "In the meantime, the refreshments are free. I'm sure we'll all know soon enough what's going on."

Sirius Griffon

Leona was quite grateful to see, out of the corner of her eye, that the long table had suddenly filled with not just drinks of varying sorts, but also food. Food of all types, from the entrees to snacks. A smile came across her as she realized it was her mom helping her out a bit.

'Thanks Mom,' she thought. She hadnt really, well she hadnt even come close to thinking there would be so many folks here! It was good to see, if not slightly intimidating! Ah well, the more the merrier! And by merrier, chaotic!

She looked back towards where the voice had come from, although it was clear Leona couldnt actually SEE Vincent. "Well its nice to meet you Vincent," she said with a nod of her head. "I dont have a form to see you with Im afraid, so uhm, sorry I cant exactly give ya a better greeting than that," she said, a slight frown across her face.

She smiled upwards at Stygian, sad she coudlnt quite meet his gaze. He looked... different than the last time she had seen him! But then, she did slightly as well. It went without saying some forces of chaos would be able to shift between forms and such didnt it? 

When her hand was kissed she blushed lightly, still smiling at him. It had been some time since anyone had done that with her. Ramses had once taken her to a castle in their adventures... it reminded her of the formal greetings men would bestow upon the ladies there. It quite frankly flattered her a bit! It was... really a nice thing to see such a greeting.

"Stygian, pleasure is mine really," she replied. "My name's Leona deBezna, she added. "As to Mom well, I will be explaining a bit more later, but her name's Eris. Shes the Goddess of Chaos upon a few worlds I think, but Im not certain how many," Leona admitted with a slight laugh.

It was indeed a strange feeling Stygian gave off, a stranger feeling than most beings Leona came in contact with. It made him one of the most interesting figures in this room to say the least, which was saying a LOT!

Catching a new scent in the room one of her lionlike ears twitched to follow the sound. She was glad to see Cog was upon meeting the newcomer however, seeing as how she coudlnt exactly dash over to greet him at the moment. She would certainly greet him later however, and instead kept her attention upon the current group she was with. On a night like tonight it was a shame she couldnt be in a dozen places at once!