The DMFA sprites so far

Started by Jyrras, January 11, 2007, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyrras

this is what don now. more are coming soon

Damaris

Please remember to update into this thread, rather than making a new one every time.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

Try to spell the names correctly as well. :P

Sid

Considering that two members of the Mod/Admin team posted and didn't say anything, I feel kinda silly for asking this, but shouldn't this go to the Tower?

Sprites look quite okay (even though the forum's auto-sizedown really takes the fun out of things initially) from what my untrained eye tells me. :mowsmile

Question, though. Where's the difference/line between material for and making the sprites? A small insight to the creation process would be nice... :)
:boogie

Roureem Egas

The wings are too big. :P

And by now, I'm guessing that none of the mod team are overly concerned now about your username? /dense

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for reminding, me, Roureem. *edits*

(note that this edit had been agreed about beforehand, we were just waiting for him to implement it)

Quote from: Sid on January 11, 2007, 05:58:38 PM
Considering that two members of the Mod/Admin team posted and didn't say anything, I feel kinda silly for asking this, but shouldn't this go to the Tower?

Ah.. iffy. Probably, but it's DMFA related, so....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Supercheese

Well, they seem pretty good to me. I'll have to download them and zoom in to see the finer pixel details...

Sunblink

Personally, I like the Dan and Abel ones the most (good work on Abel's kilt, by the way--he looks so cute), although I'm gonna need to agree with Roureem Egas about the size of the wings. However, all of these are adorable, though it's hard to see the fine details on the Jyrras ones because of the size.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aridas

Call me negative, (not that i'm saying I wasn't before...) but some of them seem to just look like mods of existing sprites elsewhere. I just can't shake the deja-vu when I look at them, at the very least for the faces. Even their size makes it a bit suspicious to me.. (not that i'm ever not suspicious of something... damn those aliens in the government)

Jyrras

Ok, my friend lilacs has now joined the forum. he has asked me to say that he is happy to take any requests for sprite making and he will see what he can do. say hello lilacs!

Lilacs

bill

Ooh, the spelling is MUCH better!  :)

superluser

I'm just wondering what will happen when Doraion sees the new username...

As to the sprites, they're very detailed.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Those are neat, but I can't help thinking that Lorenda should be a little chunkier.

'Cause, you know she's a big fat cow.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Lilacs

Thanks, I'll redo Lorenda I had a feeling she was a little skinny.

Aridas

no doubt. though in either case the sprites are way too small to tell some of those differences without a nice close up look anyway.

Lilacs

Hey blame Ace for the sprites I got them from him. I not even sure where he got them from, I just edit them.

These are what they look like befor I edit them.

Aridas

Zedd

You sure your eyes are a virgin anymore?

Lilacs

Aridas

It was a joke, but now that you mention it, I'm not sure actually.

Damaris

no.  They're sprite bases, not little nudie pictures.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Aridas

That's why I said I was joking >.>

Damaris

Yes, but you still fail. :p

(not really, of course.)

Aridas

but.. but i'll get better at it :<

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Damaris on January 14, 2007, 12:25:03 AM
no.  They're sprite bases, not little nudie pictures.

Man, I wish you would have typed that before I went out and bought this magnifying glass.

Damaris

talk to Darkmoon.  He'll get you some quality links.

*nods*

Darkmoon

You could edit on little penises and bewbs, but then Aridas would come in and call you not a real artist, and Netami would get all angtsy.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Xuzaf D