New hope

Started by Brunhidden, January 09, 2007, 01:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

over the past two years or so ive not only been getting the short end of the stick ive been haveing horrible unlubricated things done to me with siad stick. ditto for the wife, who was so hassled by the whole hospital incident she only now got a job.

but all thats changed, things are looking up now, and heres why.

Now that both of us are working (we have yet to discover how our daughter can make us money, we were thinking though) part time jobs we can both earn while also watching Eowyn. on top of that we also sell our plasma to biolife for sixty bucks a week each. whats really hopefull is it looks like im going to be getting a stay at home job too where i review such things as childrens books, novels, TV shows, movies, blogs, and other articles. im not sure how far it will go but for the chance to be paid to read to my daughter, sweeeet. if i want to carry it far enough theres also a connection for me to publish short stories or novels if i can make them.

whats really got me happy is weve bought a newish car. sure, its a 2001 model and we will be selling our blood for the next 3 years but at least it WORKS. for reffrence we called our last vehicle 'the turdmobile' and it was a sad excuse for a deathtrap- the window wouldnt roll up or down without serious force, it urinated oil and antifreeze/coolant when you park, the moulding on the drivers side kept stabbing me in the forehead, the windshield wipers were broken, the transmission made a sound like an RC car thats been sat on by a fat man when you press the gass, one of the side mirrors did not exist (not missing, they never put it on in the first place), and the turn signal was broken. yeah, none of that with the new car, and they even took two hundred dollars off our bill when we handed them the turdmobile, and they admitted it would be auctioned off for scrap metal.

also theres my daughter Eowyn, in addition to just turning 2 she is also the sweetest smartest thing i could hope for and its impossible to be sad when she hugs you.

yes, she huggs, on command even. she also knows that clothes that stink are taken to the laundry hamper and does so herself, she puts anything called 'garbage' into the garbage can under the sink, nags my wife to put her coats away, occasionally forces us to play videogames so she can cuddle and watch, and has recently learned how to type 'hi' on the computer in a way that we recognise she KNOWS that you need an h and an i followed by enter.

hiiii

init she cute?

anyways i feel soo much happyer then a little while ago. can ya blame me?

QuoteJust when I think Iv'e hit rock bottom someone hands me a shovel.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

woot! You go!

.. although technically I think this should go in the Villa...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on January 09, 2007, 01:38:22 PM
can ya blame me?

Yes! It's all your fault that you are happy and doing well! :dface

But it's good and I hope it gets even better for you. :3
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Brunhidden

its impossible to be sad when your toddler lets out a fart louder then you usually do, holds her nose, pats her butt, and with an expression of absolute horror says "STINKY!"

its like haveing a cat that does the polka or something, meltind away your problems like a cryptonite shiv in supermans spleen.

QuoteOoooh, Mr. hairspray meet Mr. lit match
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Netami

Kids're cool. Just wait until she gets to highschool, though.