I didn't die...

Started by Hilary, January 05, 2007, 07:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilary

...my computer broke. And I just got a new one. (does the happy new computer dance) So for the thousands of you waiting with baited breath for my prophesized return, fear not. And as for the rest of you who have finally been able to relax in my absence, this is a time for great fear... for I have lulled you into a false sense of security! Muah.

Ha.

Hahaha.

*is still doing the happy new computer dance* Tyger, Tyger, OS X! :ipod

RJ

llearch n'n'daCorna

we bait our breath?

dammit, what have I told you guys about not eating from the trash cans?

(I think you mean "bated" :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

TheGreyRonin

Welcome back, Hilary! Aren't dying computers fun?

And, um, sorry about the breath, I got a good price on some nightcrawlers and.....never mind...

xHaZxMaTx

Hilary

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 05, 2007, 07:27:26 PM
we bait our breath?

dammit, what have I told you guys about not eating from the trash cans?

(I think you mean "bated" :-)
This is wy yu shuld hav grate feer-- my eevil sppeling, gramar, and vokabulory mistaks! Ph34r them!!!

Though I do prefer nice, fresh-outta-the-ground earthworms. None of this newfangled 'worms in a tub' silliness. It lessens the flavor.

Tapewolf

Good to see you back.  Was it a mac that died?  If so, any idea what happened to it?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

It was indeed-- an ibook. Niether I nor the computer-expert-people have any idea what happened... it just turned off while I was using it and wouldn't turn back on. It would have cost almost $400 to send back to the manufacturer for fixing. It was pretty old, so we just got a new one. The screen was shot before, anyway, so we had already bought a shiny new monitor to hook up to the laptop so we could see the screen. ^^

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hilary on January 05, 2007, 08:15:26 PM
It was indeed-- an ibook.  It would have cost almost $400 to send back to the manufacturer for fixing. It was pretty old, so we just got a new one.
Good grief.  Don't those things start from $3000 or something?   Or am I seeing the dreaded UK price-gouging again?

**EDIT**
$3000, not $2000 if my last trip to PC World was any guide

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

Nope, we got our Mac mini new for about $600. Thank goodness it didn't cost that much...

*gets distracted* Ooo! Dashboard widgets! It's like Christmas!

**EDIT** I just realized I sorta misunderstood the question-- we bought the ibook used from a friend for $300. So I don't know what the retail value was... they might have been cheaper when he got it.

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

The opening standard for ibooks is around 1.5 to 2k, TW.

Pounds, but the price in the US is about the same, numerically (and if that's not gouging, I don't know what is) on the apple site.

Admittedly I'm trying for specific variants. The number of options is almost legend, and they all change the price...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hilary

This computer has a remote... hmm... not good. Now my dad will get it confused with the T.V. even more. Not to mention that it's kind of wierd anyway. <<

Eibborn

The legends are true! She has returned to us! The perfect sacrifice in our hour of need! :P
/kicks the internet over

Suwako

good to have you back.  :B

Is late...