Not enough formulas in math and science?

Started by Esnel Pla, August 25, 2005, 02:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esnel Pla

See Red Eye! The latest in formulaic and predictable thrillers!

Really now, Wes Craven... I liked you better when you were ripping off Ingmar Bergman... :(

Darkmoon

I heard it was great except for the last 1/3 of the flick. (sigh)

Wes is just slipping. I mean, seriously... Cursed?

Destina Faroda

I ignored your warning and saw that movie.  It was worse than you described.  It wasn't even laugh-worthy.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Jeez, if you're gonna purposefully watch a bad movie, I have better ones for you to go see. Ones you can properlu mock.

:mwaha

ilpalazzo

Darkmoon

Get a group of friends together for Silver Bullet. That movie was a rollicking good time.

Mageknight Locke

super mario brothers the movie- the best example of how not to make a movie, after watching this you will want to go back and prevent mario from ever existing  :evar

Destina Faroda

Super Mario Bros wasn't really that bad of a movie.  It wasn't the best directed film, but it had a lot of good points (good actors, decent script, visual theme).  The biggest problem with the movie was that it was loosely tied to Super Mario Bros.  Had they cut out the direct SMB elements, cleaned up the script a little and made the tone just a little more consistent, this would have been a cult-sci fi classic without question.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Coulda been indeed.

And damn right, The Buse rocks in Silver Bullet.

Helena

Super Mario Bros the movie just scared me, Red Eye the commercial did not look interesting to me and Silver Bullet made me fall asleep, but Wes Craven's They was alright. I like the scenes where the monsters just jumped out out of no where and the ending was better than most scary movies.
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

You have to watch Silver Bullet with friends. Tis the best way. It's a mockable movie.

I still say one of the best scary movies was the original Candyman.

Xuzaf D

That Mario movie is the source of information on the Mario Bros. last name: Mario.
Luigi Mario and Mario Mario? What the hell were they thinking? Just to say that for some cheap "Mario brothers" joke?

And what's with the set from Total Recall? I was half expecting Luigi and Mario's eyes to pop out of their heads when they crashed outside of the city. Not to mention the also cheap "I play video games all day" joke seconds before said crash.

Darkmoon

hehe yeah.

Of all the game to movie adaptations, I prefered Resident Evil the best. Not really related to any game in particular, but it had that zombie huntin vibe goin.

Xuzaf D

Resident Evil is "_____ of the dead" meets Cammy White.
::kicks dog in head::
Spiral Arrow!

The only video game based movie I didn't hate was Mortal Kombat, but I was nine or ten at the time. No telling what I'd think now. So yeah... they all suck and that's why we will never see Joust the movie.

Helena

Mortal Kombat was okay, Resident Evil was good, and The Orig. Candyman was scary. I only watched it once though and it was on sci-fi so it prolly cut out some things.

Darkmoon

Avoid the Candyman sequels. They blow goats.

I did enjoy the first MK movie, but the sequel was horrifically bad. Scary enough, they're making a third MK.

Helena

Too late I saw the sequels to Candyman and I laughed because it was stupid. And MK2 was just cheesy and had bad acting.

ilpalazzo

Did you guys forget House on Haunted Hill (2000 remake) not the forties version.

That movie still scares me. Also "IT' that clown with the eyes.

*runs to the crner and starts crying*

Darkmoon

House on Haunted Hill was great until the last 15 minutes, when the ghost finalyl appears... and god did that movie fall aprt then. The ghost was so not scary.

Helena

Yeah it was okay, same with "IT" it was pretty much alright for a scary movie until the end....gotta love a clown-spider that looks totally fake. There were freaking puppet strings or something showing.

Darkmoon

There'a  lot of movies that fall apart in the last few minutes. People just don't seem know how to write endings.

One movie I totally dug until the last few scenes was the fourth Aliens flick. God that movie just bombed when the new alien critter came on screen. Ugh.

Helena

Alien movies have always been good....lol. But every time I watch them I am reminded of that chip commercial that was made a few years back.

Mageknight Locke

the newborn was a good idea that got wasted, although half human half-x creatures are getting old and too much like d&dl

Darkmoon

It wasn't a bad idea, but it looked like utter shit. Sides, while it wasn't a bad idea, I'm sure they coulda come up with something even better.

Helena

oh worst scary movie ever...Freddy Vs. Jason...it was funny more than scary.

Darkmoon

The Freddy movies haven't really been scary for quite some time.

Helena

Darkmoon

Helena

Is that the one where the roasted pig looks up and snarls at you from out of no where?