It Hurts: 12-30-06

Started by willow186129, December 30, 2006, 03:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 31, 2006, 03:49:01 PM
The problem with this theory is that I doubt that this creature would leave Abel's parents alive.

..and if the Creature is Cid..?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

Fex

Sunblink

Quote from: Black_angel on December 31, 2006, 03:21:41 PM
Dude - what if it's his biological parent (assuming it's neither May nor Cid)? I see another scenario... The Creature is his parent. S/he was about to kill Abel, but saw the headwings and fur and realized who Abel was. As s/he is leaving, Abel sees the marking on his/her back and gets a dawning realization. If he returns home, he'll probably mention it to his parents and depending on whether or not my theory is correct, one of Abel's parents will have an explanation.

Ultimately, I'm going to assume with you that it's possibly one of Abel's parents, if only because of the beforementioned (by moi) similarities between those tentacle-needles which had been bombarding Devin, and Abel's wings. They don't have heads, after all. *pokes Abel's wings* Blegh, once more, I feel for Abel.  If it IS one of his parents, then you can only imagine the emotional anguish he would go through. Then again, things aren't exactly all roses for him at the moment.

I can't really imagine the creature as Cid. His almost oblivious enthusiasm at the beginning of the comic disarms any suspicion I may've had about him.

I'm not sure whether to cackle evilly or just weep for Abel at the moment.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 31, 2006, 04:38:28 PM
Dude - what if it's his biological parent (assuming it's neither May nor Cid)? I see another scenario... The Creature is his parent. S/he was about to kill Abel, but saw the headwings and fur and realized who Abel was. As s/he is leaving, Abel sees the marking on his/her back and gets a dawning realization. If he returns home, he'll probably mention it to his parents and depending on whether or not my theory is correct, one of Abel's parents will have an explanation.

Ultimately, I'm going to assume with you that it's possibly one of Abel's parents, if only because of the beforementioned (by moi) similarities between those tentacle-needles which had been bombarding Devin, and Abel's wings. They don't have heads, after all. *pokes Abel's wings* Blegh, once more, I feel for Abel.  If it IS one of his parents, then you can only imagine the emotional anguish he would go through. Then again, things aren't exactly all roses for him at the moment.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

If you wanan hear my tale...You might wanna pull up a pillow

Sunblink

Quote from: Zedd on December 31, 2006, 04:43:53 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

*pulls up a pillow and pops some popcorn* Try me.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2006, 03:53:22 PM..and if the Creature is Cid..?

Well, then I doubt very much that Abel would leave his father alive.

OK.  Serious now.  What is this creature doing?  It doesn't seem to be attacking for any real reason, more sort of having a bit of fun.  We've never seen Cid doing anything like that.  He seems rather stoic.

Unless... (Refill your heart medication now)

If that's Cid on the roof, he must have followed Abel from Zinvth.  And since the creature had been active in the area for an unspecified, but probably significant amount of time (days and weeks rather than hours and days), and since the funeral for Cindy was probably within a couple of weeks (depending on local custom and knowledge of embalming), the creature would have had to begin his rampage before Cindy's death.

And since that means that Cid would have to be sneaking off, that would suggest a very deliberate reason for doing this.  He probably would have engineered Cindy's death by feeding her negative emotions.  Then he would take Abel off to SAIA aboard the Inconvenience or something.

It might be a sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing...

Or...y'know, maybe it's not Cid.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

who knows what will Abel will do to help Devin. I hope he will do this right away and save Devin life. I don't know at this point but Abel has to get focused and try to do something to save Devins life.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Big J on December 30, 2006, 07:34:10 PM
Quote from: Gornemant on December 30, 2006, 07:26:54 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on December 30, 2006, 05:50:56 AM
Who says its thoughts that he's hearing?  I have no idea what reanimation feels like or how long it takes but this could be the start of the undead race. (or at least a increase to their numbers)

That kind of fits with the the "can't breath" and "It hurts" voices, I would expect 'so cold' to be heard as well soon, maybe with a little a little screaming as some of them realise whats going on.

Damn thats a creepy thought. Of course being stuck somewhere with a head full of dying peoples thoughts is pretty nasty as well but at least they won't come up to you looking for their loved ones/legs.
usually it takes longer than a few second for someone to die :x
I personally know someone who was clinically dead in one fashion or another for 45 minutes and is still alive today. Death, unless from the most extreme trauma, is not a straight line. Various organs, functions, and parts of consciousness die in differing order and at varying speeds.

Poor Abel... Poor Devin...  :mowsad

How long have people strewn around the building been dead? It could be hours,days even. Also what killed them, blunt force trauma, stabbing, magic ?

Oh and demo.101 says that one person has been dead for 34 years, not the age of the species.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 01, 2007, 07:34:43 AM
Oh and demo.101 says that one person has been dead for 34 years, not the age of the species.

True. However, Amber has insinuated that the one listed was, mostly, at about the same time as all the others. Of course, this -is- Amber we're talking about, and she may well be insinuating one thing whilst actually meaning another, in her usual confusing way (and don't we like being confused? :-)

I suspect we'll have to wait and see if they show up in the comic at all. And even then...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

If Devin were to become undead, the first thing he'd probably say is BRAAAAAAAAAINS

Angel

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 31, 2006, 04:44:44 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

(also yanks up a pillow and her new Jack Skellington plushie for comfort) Circle time? Please?  :bunny
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tiger_T

Well from the context aboth that statement, the Demon that accidentally created the sentinent undead did so 34 years ago. So there you go. The undead race is 34 years old.

DEMO.101-link
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

superluser

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 01, 2007, 06:08:56 PM
Well from the context aboth that statement, the Demon that accidentally created the sentinent undead did so 34 years ago. So there you go. The undead race is 34 years old.

DEMO.101-link

From TFA:

QuoteSince they are a new race, only existing for a couple hundred years

So there you go.  The undead race is a couple hundred years old.

Zedd

Quote from: Black_angel on January 01, 2007, 05:55:48 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

(also yanks up a pillow and her new Jack Skellington plushie for comfort) Circle time? Please?  :bunny

I will tell my tale and it will take 260 moons and 300 suns to tell it all!

Kibin

Abel is 399 years old according to his cast page, so Devin's is going to die. MUUWAAHAAHA! SUFFER!

...unless a deus ex machina happens. Which probably won't happen. After all, one person already died. Wait... two people actually, hmmm... Maybe three? Wait, four, two people died because of that explosion...

Tiger_T

Quote from: superluser on January 01, 2007, 06:32:26 PM
From TFA:
QuoteSince they are a new race, only existing for a couple hundred years
TFA? Got a link?
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

superluser

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 01, 2007, 08:42:50 PMTFA? Got a link?

TFA = The Fine Article (the very link that you provided)

bill

Quote from: Zedd on January 01, 2007, 07:24:56 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cliffs' notes plz kthx

Kasarn

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 01, 2007, 09:32:42 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cliffs' notes plz kthx

Quoting for bigger quote box :3

bill

Quote from: Kasarn on January 01, 2007, 09:43:36 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cliffs' notes plz kthx

Do I smell a quote tree?

Tiger_T

Aah, found it. D'Oh.

I don't know how I could overlook it, sorry. :<
Tigriel's got a guest:

Alan Garou

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 01, 2007, 09:44:30 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on January 01, 2007, 09:43:36 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cliffs' notes plz kthx

Do I smell a quote tree?
Yes, you do, Bill. Yes you do.

bill

Aridas

Quote pyramids. Only on the interwebs.

Manawolf

And surprisingly common on this forum.  Seriously people, just stick to the reply button.

Netami

My responses are always irrelevant to everyone else's. They are to be put in a different category. For cool people.

ShiningShadow

Same here. Anywho I can't for wednesday update to see what happens next with Devin and Abel.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 31, 2006, 04:47:51 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2006, 03:53:22 PM..and if the Creature is Cid..?

...and since that means that Cid would have to be sneaking off, that would suggest a very deliberate reason for doing this.  He probably would have engineered Cindy's death by feeding her negative emotions.  Then he would take Abel off to SAIA aboard the Inconvenience or something.

While I was being facetious about it being Cid, we don't know what he does during the day.  In Strip 15, which is admittedly 18 years or so earlier, he comes home at night.  If he did have to do some kind of part-time adventuring gig to make ends meet you wouldn't really know if that's what he was actually doing or not.
(That said, 50-something adventurers aren't exactly common)

My point in digging this up is this:
By the present timeline, Abel is rather put off by the 'cubi shapeshifting thing, even though he is very good at it.  While this might be some innate quirk like the haemophobia thing, I feel it's more likely that something happened to cause that.
While Amber may well have a secret third possibility up her sleeve, the two more obvious ones are:
* Cid isn't his real father.. they were an incubus in disguise who seduced May.. family turmoil results etc etc
* The Creature is a 'cubi and it's someone he knows

Now it's possible that he does get whisked off to SAIA without seeing his parents ever again but that would make the Abel-Never-Changes-His-Base-Form the result of an event at SAIA, which strikes me as a little odd.

Quote from: Manawolf on January 02, 2007, 02:52:44 AM
[quote pyramids are] surprisingly common on this forum.  Seriously people, just stick to the reply button.

While overuse of quote nesting is horrible, abstaining from it completely is IMHO, rather worse in that it becomes very difficult to work out who you're addressing, or in some cases what you're referring to at all.  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E