Robot deer

Started by Tapewolf, December 26, 2006, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Just saw this on Slashdot.  It's a few days old but people may find it amusing.  If it's already been mentioned and I missed it, chuck it in the mine or something...

http://www.voanews.com/english/AmericanLife/2006-12-20-voa34.cfm

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

*grins* Nice!
Now they need to develop the next version. The one that automatically shoots back... >:3
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

... mount a chain gun on a deer?

After all, the robot deer can't run away, and you've got to make things fair... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

What's next, robot chickens?  ...Oh wait. :P

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 26, 2006, 06:16:03 PM... mount a chain gun on a deer?

For the record, it only took one hour, 28 minutes for someone to post the ``frikin' laser beams'' thing.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

*laugh*

Surely not. Surely we're all more mature than that? :-)

LionHeart

Reminds me of With a Tangled Skein.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

I forget which one of those had Mars wandering through a dojo.

I kinda liked the style he went through it with, however.

LionHeart

That was With a Tangled Skein (the third one in the series, which dealt with Fate).

That scene was where Clotho (the youngest Aspect) got into a duel with the martial arts expert who ran the dojo, and asked Mars to be her champion/second (I don't remember which).

I believe that later, she "stepped down" in order to marry the martial arts expert. I don't think it was actually in that book, but it was referred to in one of the later ones.

I haven't read that book in a while, but I would like to find a copy of it for my collection.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Slavkei

Quote from: LionHeart on December 27, 2006, 11:47:35 AM
That was With a Tangled Skein (the third one in the series, which dealt with Fate).

That scene was where Clotho (the youngest Aspect) got into a duel with the martial arts expert who ran the dojo, and asked Mars to be her champion/second (I don't remember which).

I believe that later, she "stepped down" in order to marry the martial arts expert. I don't think it was actually in that book, but it was referred to in one of the later ones.

I haven't read that book in a while, but I would like to find a copy of it for my collection.

Hmmm... Piers Anthony's "Incarnations" series?

Zedd

Soon it will turn rouge on its owner and bash the living bluest of blue hell out of his fucking arse!  :mwaha :veryevil

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Slavkei on December 27, 2006, 03:08:14 PM
Hmmm... Piers Anthony's "Incarnations" series?

Yah, we were discussing Incarnations of Immortality.

Some nice touches, and a few fun points, but by the end of it, lowest bidder. Pity, really...

Valynth

I hope the courts realise that this form of capture is not entrapment since it is simply the poacher's free choice to shoot a deer by the road.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)