Ryudo Lee's Legacy: OOC Topic

Started by Aisha deCabre, December 22, 2006, 02:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Indeed. And I really think that so much magic flying around and so much things just passing by seemingly without repercussions gets a bit annoying... I had better see some real fighting out of this bloody angel, and not just having it go down as easily as these bugs.

Cheese Foxlee

Ask an you shall receive my friend!  I hope everyone approves of what I've written.  (eventhough it's probably ripe with grammatical errors.) 

Now is when the quest will really start to take shape. Finding the angel was only the beginning.

Gareeku

Um, I have one little suggestion...

Can we pleeeeeaaaasee get rid of the limit on posts per day? I know that it helps people who need to catch up, but it slows the rp down a hell of a lot, and its kinda disappointing that i can only make so many posts per day, as i'm having rather a lot of fun. :(

Joat

That’s a guideline, not a rule. You could probably get away with doing more than one post per day, so long as you don’t go overboard.

Cheese Foxlee

Gareeku

oh ok then, forget i said anything >_>; *flee*

Aisha deCabre

Haha...seriously, I think we all know that it wouldn't be as much fun to follow any such hard constraints.  Just be courteous enough that anyone who wants to gets to post at least once.  I think everyone here is like that...so there's no worries.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Being small ain’t easy, but it sure has its perks. Being able to go into a robot and tear it down from the inside, for example.

Stygian

Somehow, I'm doubtful that thing would be a robot...

Joat

It probably isn’t, but that doesn’t mean Pan knows that.

Cheese Foxlee

The angel defintly is not robotic, but at this point's it's not all together a live either.   Congratulations, to Stygain  for figuring out about the heart of the angel; that is exactly was I was going for. 

As for the question of why the angel is filled with dark energy;  when ever you remove a substance from a container, something has to move in to occupy the space left behind.  Kind of like when you poor out a bottle of water; the bottle isn't really empty it's just filled with air instead.  *I figured that since the heart of the angel was going to be missing, why wouldn't darkness move in to take it's place. 

Stygian

Funny. I was thinking more along the lines of the angel having succumbed to some sort of madness due to its incomplete state, and rage at its own inability to cure itself. But your explanation also works out, Cheese. Better, in some ways.

Though I can't but feel uncomfortable at how you've described the angel and its nature. There are certain similarities, right down to its heart missing, that make one wonder...

And Stygian, of all the people in the group, should know most about what is happening right now. He doesn't know squat about applied magic, or anything about what the angel might be like when completed. He doesn't know where it came from either, or why. But he knows very much about aetherial power, especially dark such. And his senses are perfect for picking it up to boot. So if you need an intervention...

Azlan

I prefer stealing recently used schtick, please intervene in some fashion... slapstick only works for so long.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Joat

Comic relief? I suppose that, with all this epic going on, we kinda need that.

Cheese Foxlee

Slapstick?  Will I'm noJim Carrey, but I do my best.

Azlan

Quote from: Cheese Foxlee on January 09, 2007, 09:53:02 PM
Slapstick?  Will I'm noJim Carrey, but I do my best.

You better, this is too serious.

Joat

If Gareeku let’s Pan’s plan work, some comedy will certainly follow.

Cogidubnus

Well...I certainly didn't expect that!

I am somewhat confused as to what just happened, however.

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 11, 2007, 01:14:53 PM
Well...I certainly didn't expect that!

I am somewhat confused as to what just happened, however.

Good. Then everything is as planned... *bunches fingers and grins evilly*

topher chee

I would like to say I am grounded until monday.  Until then I cannot really post so.....do what you want, I give cheese the right of my character.  I trust he wont do anything stupid.  Sorry I'll update ASAP

Joat

Cliché, you say, Azlan? Well, I think Pan would more than happily agree with you. The only reason he yells out the name of my moves before he does them is that it’s required. If he could activate my teleportation without yelling it out at top volume first, he would.

Azlan

It is an inherent problem with the anime school of sorcery...

Stygian

Quote from: Azlan on January 11, 2007, 07:26:19 PM
It is an inherent problem with the anime school of sorcery...

...and a contributing reason to the fact that I choose the ability to resist magic, rather than being able to perform it.

Gareeku

Bah! What isn't cliché these days? I say go for it. :) Personally, I find it makes more sense when a user of a spell says the name of the spell/energy attack they are using; its just like chanting a spell, in my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong, but meh.

Joat

Pan doesn’t think the same way. Chanting is obscure to most people. Meanwhile, yelling out the name of the spell is, in Pan’s opinion, like saying, “Here’s what I’m about to do. Have fun countering my attack because you saw it coming.”

Gareeku

Uh, but as you yourself said, Pan is required to. A lot of spells require it as well.

Azlan

Magic has the potential for a great many things, it is power... but I have seen power and its price.  They are not equal things.

Aisha deCabre

Well.  There's a convenient move.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Not exactly. Magic is a delicate art and mixing spells is like mixing potions, as you will soon see.

EDIT: IC Cogidubnus thinks wizards are irresponsible, eh? Well, Pan is here to prove the him right.