12-22-2006 Pink Poodle Returns

Started by Manawolf, December 21, 2006, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 06:16:40 AM
You didn't really read TKAM, did you?  :rolleyes

Was that a requirement?

Yes, I did, and in all honesty, I did hate it, partially for the reason that I saw nothing worth gushing about, but my teacher treated it as if it were sacra saint. It was more the smug superiority of it all. Outside of that I just considered it an "ok" "slice- of-life" book.

Alablast

Quote from: Toric on December 21, 2006, 11:47:07 PM
Speculation go!
DMFA Forumites: Because sane predictions are for amateurs.

Well, in that case.... Fa'lina kidnapped Pryo in keeping with the family reunion theme.  Yes, that's right- Pryo is really Fa'lina's mother.  (Yes, her mom.)

More seriously, do you think Mab actually stuck her hand in the tree, or the weapon she picked up a few comics back?

And even more seriously, Fi doesn't look really angry, but rather tired.  Teleporting a dragon against it's will probably isn't easy.

Aridas

but... as far as I can see, nobody's teleported anywhere or been kidnapped (yet)

Alablast

It's probably safe to assume Pyro got teleported- Alexsi can't seem to find him, and it's doubtful a warp aci could just knock a dragon off his feet.  While it's possible the warp aci and Fa'lina just knocked Pryo over without Alexsi or Mab noticing, that's reeeeeeeally unlikely.  A cubi and a warp aci would have a hard time dragging a dragon (and this is just from sheer weight, not assuming anything magical on the dragon's behalf) far enough out of sight from the road (and without causing enough noise to alert Alexsi) that it just would seem stupid if they didn't teleport Pyro (why else bring the warp aci along?).

Turnsky

the look on Pyro's face would've been priceless, needless to say.. Teleportation's the fun alternative to walking.... if you expect it, though..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Stig Hemmer

While Chaos expresses themselves a bit more forcefully than I would, it is a sad fact that any book discussed in school will be destroyed in the process.:cry It is like explaining a joke. Just doesn't work.  (The same could be said about comic forums, but lets not go there... :rolleyes)

Which is sad, since reading can be so much fun.

Back to the comic: Neither Fa'Lina nor Pyroduck seem like violent types to me.  I think they will have a nice chat over tea and muffins.  "Genocide?  How vulgar!  More tea, dear?"
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Zedd

Do I have to tentcle whip someone or get lioness to do it all...You know she would gladly do so...Crazy how gods/goddesses are now these days

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 22, 2006, 08:13:47 AM
While Chaos expresses themselves a bit more forcefully than I would, it is a sad fact that any book discussed in school will be destroyed in the process.
There's a few books I read at school which I thought were kind of cool, even Shakespeare.  It depends how the school handles it.

QuoteBack to the comic: Neither Fa'Lina nor Pyroduck seem like violent types to me.  I think they will have a nice chat over tea and muffins.  "Genocide?  How vulgar!  More tea, dear?"
Fa'Lina, who wanted to kill Merlitz and laughed about the special incantation ploy?  She may or may not be violent in and of herself, but she doesn't seem to care much about Beings...

Scratch that, she was about to deck Abel over Jouster (see http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_425.php - middle pane) .. not someone you want to mess around with  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 22, 2006, 08:32:57 AM
Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 22, 2006, 08:13:47 AM
While Chaos expresses themselves a bit more forcefully than I would, it is a sad fact that any book discussed in school will be destroyed in the process.
There's a few books I read at school which I thought were kind of cool, even Shakespeare.  It depends how the school handles it.

QuoteBack to the comic: Neither Fa'Lina nor Pyroduck seem like violent types to me.  I think they will have a nice chat over tea and muffins.  "Genocide?  How vulgar!  More tea, dear?"
Fa'Lina, who wanted to kill Merlitz and laughed about the special incantation ploy?  She may or may not be violent in and of herself, but she doesn't seem to care much about Beings...

Scratch that, she was about to deck Abel over Jouster (see http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_425.php - middle pane) .. not someone you want to mess around with  :B

She does seem to like Wildy though... ( http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_582.php )
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Kaerou

Sigh, wish folk would leave poor Pyroduck alone =(  Poor guy hasnt done anything but look out for others and is being victimised for his species..

Now i'm looking at Falina unfavorably for the first time in a long time.

*grabs sign and scribbles on it* Save the dragons!

*walks back and forth*

What? No, i dont have personal interests >_>

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 22, 2006, 08:32:57 AM

I don't think Bird-Butt counts as a Being, there. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 22, 2006, 08:43:01 AM
I don't think Bird-Butt counts as a Being, there. :-)
Uhh...?

Let me rephrase that:
Fa'lina, upon hearing that Abel broke Jouster, seems to be about to smash Abel's face in, so apparently she is violent in and of herself.  She's also beaten Dan up at least twice...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

And she likes people who beats Dan up (aka Wildy). But that does not explain her relationship with Mab in the slightest..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Chaos

I bet you that it turns out that they ALL are evil, including Amber, and she created this comic for the sole purpose of gaining souls in her quest for world domination. You see, her Canadian manslave... er... sweetheart has turned both unfounded speculation and the short felling of hopes destroyed into a nigh infinite power source. As Long as she keeps us guessing, and keeps us guessing WRONG, the Canadian Military's lone tugboat can upgrade from steam power to the Fandom Drive.

All the while, she laughs all the way to the bank... the soul bank.

Yes, this is the best I could come up with.

I feel shame.

Starcat5

Oh please. We all know that she's keeping all that power for herself. Making Canada a world power doesn't really gain her anything.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

thegayhare

Well it does improve her position for her eventual take over of canada

superluser

Quote from: terrycloth on December 22, 2006, 04:22:48 AMsomeone will be able to deconstruct it into a commentary on the sexual habits of convicted felons.

Oh, now you're just being mean.  Just because Oscar Wilde was convicted...

You know, this is getting a bit off-topic.  Maybe we should move this part of the discussion to the new thread that I just created for it in the OT forum.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

I knew Falina was up to something she hates Pyro. What I saw her plans are comming together with the help of Destina and Biggs. I knew this from the other thread why Dragons Hate Cubi. My theories are comming true there is goning to be a war comming and the Dragon race will be wiped out if one person will stop it and I will tell you it will be Dan. Dan is the major key that fits in all of this and he's the one to stop this madness.

Sid

Right now, I rather see Fa'Lina striking a deal with Pyro to stop the madness. Both Fa'Lina and Pyro are most likely far older than Destania is, so they potentially have more experience and wisdom on their side.

Or they're just going to compare notes. Kinda like "So... what do YOU want from Dan?"

Quote from: superluser on December 21, 2006, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: Sid on December 21, 2006, 10:31:28 PMthe adventurers

Ho-lee crap!

This is just prime for awesomeness.

...I really can't tell if I just gave you a brilliant idea or if you're poking fun at my post by just quoting those two words completely out of any context. :. (But if in doubt, my money is on the former guess, so all is well :P)
:boogie

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 22, 2006, 01:36:38 PMI knew Falina was up to something she hates Pyro. What I saw her plans are comming together with the help of Destina and Biggs.

Given what we know, I find it hard to believe that Fa'Lina is allied with Destania in this conflict.  She knows about the Cyra/dragon feud, but the feud doesn't seem to be affecting her clan.  Furthermore, Destania's and Biggs' plan to eliminate the dragons doesn't seem to be widely known, and Dee hasn't been in contact with Fa'Lina.

Waitaminnit.  Destania wants to end the dragon race...what if that means the dragon *arms* race?  Different clans start employing dragons and suddenly everybody's got dragons just to prove that of you ever used one, there would be mutually assured destruction.  Pyro's been employed by a rival clan (that's what those bands tell you), and thus is a danger to Dan. :B

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 22, 2006, 01:36:38 PMDan is the major key that fits in all of this and he's the one to stop this madness.

DO NOT WANT!

Izkata

Quote from: Chaos on December 22, 2006, 06:39:07 AM
Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 06:16:40 AM
You didn't really read TKAM, did you?  :rolleyes

Was that a requirement?

Yes, I did, and in all honesty, I did hate it, partially for the reason that I saw nothing worth gushing about, but my teacher treated it as if it were sacra saint. It was more the smug superiority of it all. Outside of that I just considered it an "ok" "slice- of-life" book.

Ugh.  I have to agree with Chaos here...  I also had to read TKaM, and hated it.  Same with Animal Farm, The Scarlet Letter, and, more recently, The Jungle.  Found all of them rather boring and pointless, and have never understood how they became popular ('Cept for The Jungle - that one is understandable in context, but not in this day and age)

Back on topic, though (sorta..) - Have Fa'Lina's breasts gotten larger?  o_0
(Or does the dress just accentuate them more?)

Manawolf

Quote from: terrycloth on December 22, 2006, 04:22:48 AM
QuoteI suppose it's my motivation.  I just want to write a story for, well, the story.  The actual happenings, not the supposed underlying meaning behind those happenings.  I guess it comes with my straightforward attitude.  I don't want to jerk around my readers too much.

Don't worry, the underlying meanings don't actually exist.

Or if you'd rather, DO worry, because no matter how straightforward and open you make your writing, someone will be able to deconstruct it into a commentary on the sexual habits of convicted felons.

That's why I hate college level English reading classes so much.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I found Animal Farm and 1984 scarily realistic.

Or, rather, they pinpointed for me some of the objections that I have to SF and Fantasy. Much of SF&F has the Upright, Stalwart Hero, with His Trusty Sidekick, etc etc, Standing Alone Against The Waves Of Evil Henchmen, yadda yadda. Absolutely everyone visible is either good, honest, and trustworthy, and would never think of cheating, or is actually allied with the big bad dude.

Take, for example, Star Trek. -Everyone- is a believer in Enlightened Self Interest - absolutely nobody, except for the interchangable bad guys (who always kick the bucket at the end of the movie or episode) ever apparently -thinks- of cheating someone else.

Unlike, say, real life, where every third person you meet has an ulterior motive and will knife you in the back to reach it.

I spose in part this is due to, well, how can we reach the stars if we're too busy killing each other, or scrabbling over the pitiful remnants of whatever power is available down here in the Motherwell? If you can't trust the other guy in your tin can to help you out, there's no way we can send anyone out into space... People are, by and large, selfish and self-interested bastards. Expecting otherwise is just asking for trouble. And yet, sales of books that claim otherwise skyrocket.

Pfeh. People. Give me animals anyday. At least they're up front about what they want out of you. (A leg, usually...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Animal Farm and The Jungle were absolutely amazing. Right now I'm reading Winesburg, Ohio, which is also great.

Alondro

*Charline sniffs haughtily*  A have also read "Animal Farm"... I didn't like it because the pigs eventually became humans.  I thought pigs would be quite insulted by that analogy.  But the point is quite true.  Many social revolutions touting 'social equality' as their main rational eventually turn out just as bad or worse than what existed before.  I always love it when people vote for a party for 'change'.. and have absolutely no idea specific changes they want, or what those they elect intend to put into law.  Democracy only works in a society of highly educated and informed individuals who are aware of how many factors work together and aren't easly swayed by pomp and flare... which counts the US out.

*Charles, meanwhile, stares at Fa'lina's chest, mesmirized by apparent inflation of more than just currency in recent days...*  A-ta!  A-ta!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 02:52:20 PMAnimal Farm and The Jungle were absolutely amazing. Right now I'm reading Winesburg, Ohio, which is also great.

Well, if a moderator is joining in the off-topicness, I suppose I can't be blamed for commenting.

The Jungle was a very good book.  I hated it.  So much that I never finished it.  It just got really really depressing for me, and I couldn't press through it anymore.

1984 was very good, in my opinion.  Bits of it were too difficult to empathize with, which keeps me from calling it brilliant, but it was one of the best books of the WWII-Vietnam War era.

Imperial fox

gahhh why did that little black thing known as Fi just have to do that.
and so Pyroduck and Falina have met before and know eachother well.

bill

I never really penetrated 1984. Once they got to the book, I kinda dozed off.  :<

Amber Williams

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 07:00:34 PM
I never really penetrated 1984. Once they got to the book, I kinda dozed off.  :<

*snrk* You said Penetrated. :B

bill

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 22, 2006, 07:02:43 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on December 22, 2006, 07:00:34 PM

*snrk* You said Penetrated. :B
Too much eggnog?