Wrote a def. @ Wikipedia about "Castleroid"

Started by Paavo, October 07, 2005, 02:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paavo

Read it @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castleroid , and if you agree, please drop a few lines at "Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry" aka click the link they give you at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castleroid .

Yeah, that is it, whore.  :D

Lumienkeli

It's going to be deleted :/ Or maybe someone'll merge it with Castlevania.

Paavo

Quote from: Lumienkeli on October 09, 2005, 08:26:29 AM
It's going to be deleted :/

Maybe, maybe not. That is why some people might put their ok in there, if they feel the term should be in Wikipedia.

In this age where pedo bear has his own site at Wikipedia, migh I add.

Paavo

Oh, I read through the Wikipedia deletion policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_policy , and the Castleroid article is legit. So my guess is, someone has just wanted to be a meanie, and report the article.

Also, I think the ridiculing continues, since someone has linked a new term "Wolfensteinroid:D to my Castleroid article. The Wolfensteinroid article has been written by somebody, who obviously knows how to write Wiki-articles, but I googled Wolfensteinroid and found no reference. Atleast Castleroid responds multinationally to Google-searches. :laugh

Even Konami uses Metroid-Vania on their official game site, I wonder when the Dungeonites relize they created a monster, and that monster needs to be recognized now.  ^_^

Darkmoon

Wolfensteinroid? That's bullshit. That series has never had the sort of Metroid explorational elements that are required to be a 'roid. They are just straight run and gun affairs.

Paavo

Yeah, I deleted the link from the Wolfensteinroid article, but the one who wrote it, REALLY knows his way around Wikipedia.

Well, whatever the case might be, I myself think that some dissappointed Paavo fan ( :D) has now deicided to get at me by ridiculing my sincere effort of making an 100% legit Wikipedia article, and he is pretty good at the sabotage, mind you! :laugh

I have now defined some good ways to sabotage Wikipedia articles, since this guy has been going by the book, aka  1) Reporting a random article for deletion followed by 2) spamming the feedback discussion with negative remarks, thus making the sentinels feel like all this is bullshit and not agreed upon at all, and doing 3) some other measures to ridicule the article, like that Wolfensteinroid article MIGHT be. And prolly is. And 4) Editing delicious typos to a random article. Somebody edited my Castleroid as "Castleloid", and RPG-element to "PPG-elements" just a few moments ago. :D

Xuzaf D

I rather dislike that wiki. It's mostly fanboy writen bullplop when it comes to games.

Paavo

Quote from: Joseph D on October 11, 2005, 04:09:38 PM
I rather dislike that wiki. It's mostly fanboy writen bullplop when it comes to games.

I have been a huge fan of Wikipedia, and I am a self proclaimed Castlevania fanboy, but this sabotage of late has me think how much you actually can even rely on any given topic.

Destina Faroda

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Quote from: Joseph D on October 11, 2005, 04:09:38 PM

You get a gold star!

:goldstar

Crap, that didn't work...

You get... teh Bunnay!

:bunny

Xuzaf D

I'm pissed about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_%28video_game_character%29

Quote-Poison is a newhalf, meaning she was born a male.
-Poison is one of the most controversial characters ever. Originally, Poison (along with Roxy) was going to be a female character. Capcom of Japan received a phone call from a Capcom USA rep opposing violence against women. So the developers changed them into newhalfs.
So, while the game was still being made in Japan, the Capcom USA complained about charactors that they never heard of? If this was true, why would Capcom USA keep the charactors they objected to for the arcade version?

QuoteWhen Capcom USA translated the game, they were unaware of this, and replaced Poison and Roxy with Billy and Sid.
If there complaint was about  violence against women, what difference would it make what gender they were, and again, the charactors where originally kept in the arcade version. Billy and Sid are only in the SNES and GBA versions.

QuoteIn Capcom Classics Collection it is revealed that only Poison is a newhalf and that Roxy is actually a (genuinely) female admirer of Poison who dresses up like him.
Wrong. The game only states that Poison a transvestite, not a transexual ("newhalf").

Paavo

My foreign asse needs some good ole Yank dechiphering:

-This afd (Articles for Deletion) nomination was orphaned. Listing now. Delete, RickK memorial sockpuppet limit breached. (Oh, and all google hits are to forum posts.) I'm also listing the related article Wolfensteinroid here; that doesn't get any google hits at all. —Cryptic (talk) 13:20, 14 October 2005 (UTC)

So did I lose or win? I foreigner, where phonebooth? Plz explain!

Darkmoon

I dunno, seems to use some wiki jargon... But, I think it says you win... Althought the Wolfenroid article seems to win too? Weird...

Xuzaf D

It says: Castleroid won't be deleted because nobody gives a rats ass either way, and Wolfensteinroid remains because someone is either an idiot or an asshole. That clear things up?

Destina Faroda

Paavo, you do realize the point of Wikipedia is that people add information without the incentive and drawbacks of being credited, do you not?
Sig coming...whenever...

Paavo

Quote from: Destina Faroda on October 14, 2005, 10:55:44 PM
Paavo, you do realize the point of Wikipedia is that people add information without the incentive and drawbacks of being credited, do you not?

Sure I do, Destina. I seek no fortune nor fame! :D lol! I just wanted to react to gaming media`s usage of the term, that we the fans created. That is all.

But I also would wish, that the Wiki-system could embrace knowledge (even trivial knowledge, such as this), over some random vendetta by some random angry person, who happens to know his/her way aroung Wikipedia, and deicides to have some fun in the expence of a perfectly good/at least neutral article, just because he/she can. Because I have witnessed sabotage of the article personally for about a week or so. And seriously, somebody has had a lot of effort putting sticks to my wheels (engrish  :D), aka I have an anti fan/s. And I think issues like that might be better off handled somewhere else, than Wikipedia. But that is just me.

But anyways, the sentinels suggested me to merge the article with the "Castlevania" one, and I am going to do that. After my fucking hangover is finished. *sprays water to dehydrated foreign skin*  :bunny

Thanks for the support, guys! I got a plenty of it, cheers! :)

And do you want to proof-read it, when I am finished? Since my English is good, but not perfect!  ^_^

Edit: Well actually, you could give some pointers to me right now!  :D

=

A Castleroid is a Castlevania game that is designed to combine action and traditional RPG elements (such as levellling up), along with a vast map, which opens up room by room as you travel through the area (i.e. the castle), allowing almost free exploration (given you have items or abilities that are required to access some areas). The "roid" stands for Metroid, a game franchise with similar gameplay.

Well-known games in this subgenre include:

- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

- Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Many video game players think, that the game franchise Metroid, or more particularly the game Super Metroid, was the primary inspiration for the birth of this type of Castlevania subgenre, hence the name Castlevania-Metroid a.k.a. "Castleroid". While Super Metroid admittedly might have had a huge impact on games such as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, many people do not know how the previous Castlevania games, such as Vampire Killer for the MSX Home Computer and Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest for the Famicom/Nintendo Entertaintment System, actually had already established a separate, yet quite similar, playing experience.

The term "Metroidvania" was also used by some Castlevania fans in the late 90's, even though this form of the very same term lost its popularity to the more popular "Castleroid" very quickly and was extinguished, since the die-hard Castlevania fans wanted to make a statement about Castlevania being the first franchise mentioned in this hybrid term.

Xuzaf D

That reminds me: my cousin knows some people who think Famicom "translates to: 'heavens light'" where do these kids get this shit?

Paavo

Xuzaf D

Other priceless moments include:
"Don't you know Microsoft owns nintendo and sony?"
and "I thought Sephiroth was the main charactor of Castlevania."

Keywaker

Quote from: Joseph on October 15, 2005, 11:05:58 AM
Other priceless moments include:
"Don't you know Microsoft owns nintendo and sony?"
and "I thought Sephiroth was the main charactor of Castlevania."

Can't beat the classics ;)

chip

Quote from: Paavo on October 10, 2005, 07:13:25 AM
Quote from: Lumienkeli on October 09, 2005, 08:26:29 AM
It's going to be deleted :/

Maybe, maybe not. That is why some people might put their ok in there, if they feel the term should be in Wikipedia.

In this age where pedo bear has his own site at Wikipedia, migh I add.
it;s like some other site that had funny stuff. It was deleted. This might happen depending.

Xuzaf D

Now there's two of you.

Goddammit Dmoon, you need to make that thread necromancy thing more clear in the rules...

chip

Quote from: Joseph on March 19, 2006, 10:48:19 PM
Now there's two of you.

Goddammit Dmoon, you need to make that thread necromancy thing more clear in the rules...
What are you talking about?

Xuzaf D

I'm not sure on the specifics, but posting in a thread that has been dead for six months is somewhat frowned upon.

More here:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=283.0

DarkAngel

I already commented on another forum about it but good job Pavoo, I like it.  Put some pictures of some Castleroid maps on there too for visual reference.

Darkmoon

Hahaha, well now it's an active topic again.

DarkAngel

I totally spelled Pavoo's name wrong
whoops