Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Started by ilpalazzo, October 16, 2005, 02:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilpalazzo

Who here has played this wonderful game?
What did you think of it?
Does it rival the Mighty SotN?

I loved this game, tough you could have used the stylus a little more, the bosses were Magnificent, the music in some places were poopy, but all together.

9.5/10

Lumienkeli

I'll give it a 9.5 too, because the music wasn't anything spectacular. I really liked the music in Aria, but looks like Yamane didn't make the soundtrack for this one, since she was probably too busy with Curse of Darkness. This is probably the best Castlevania, at least one of the best ever released :)

ilpalazzo

I didn't like the music in the garden, but the chapel music was kinda nice.

oh and the thriller like music was akward in the julius mode.

:zombiekun :zombiekun :zombiekun
Thriller isn't michael jackson is your friend. :mwaha

DragonCub

Dawn of Sorrow is a very good game through and through though. I was actually a little nervous about how the touch screen would be used, but they did a very good job.

Jorge D. Fuentes

It's a great game.  As far as Castleroids go, it's second best, with the first being SotN.
The music is done by Masahiko Kimura, who did the great music of Castlevania64.  I really like the tunes in Dawn (moreso than the ones in Aria), my favorites are the Wizardry Lab and the Condemned Tower.  It's awesome that they brought back Haunted Castle's "Clocktower's Beat" even though they used it in the Mine instead (where Slogra and Gaibon dwell) and called it "Underground Melodies" (which isn't far off because in Haunted Castle, you enter the clocktower from deep underground).

I also like the Rondo-like versions of Vampire Killer and Beginning that are in there.  Also, the Julius Mode kicks ass all over the place and back.  ^_^

DragonCub

I just got the chance to start Julius Mode last night. They put a lot into Dawn of Sorrow, and made a great gaming experience.

Destina Faroda

Something worries me.  I haven't gotten this game but if all of you are talking about "Julius Mode" and alternate character modes are usually unlocked after you beat the game, doesn't this game lack in the challenge factor for you all?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

So did Aria. Still was fun to play through a couple of times.

I really want a DS now. Bastards...

DragonCub

It wasn't super hard challenging, but it was fun. And plus, after you beat it, you get the chance to play hard mode, boss rush mode, Julius Mode, plus go back and try to get 100% if you haven't already gotten everything (100% souls, 100% castle completion). there is a big list of "things to do" in the back of the DoubleJump Guide that can add several replays through to this already awesome game.

Darkmoon

eH, I got bored of the game right around the end of hard Mode...

DragonCub

I am actually taking a break from the game now that I've finished the main game. My Nintendog has been overlooked lately. I think she may be dead.  oops......

Darkmoon

The game I really need to get back to is CotM. I never officially beat that game, mostly because I've been trying to get Balck Dog. Fuckin Dark Armors hate me.

ilpalazzo

I should hold a contest for a DS. not mine, a brand new one w/CVdos

Darkmoon

Paavo

Hmm, it seems the soundtrack has divided people in two. I absolutely worshipped the soundtrack! Absolutely funkadelicious, and a total mood maker IMO!

This game changes lives. It is just that damn good.  :januscat

Sin Ominous

Destina:

Well, considering how it's now the 21st, and the game came out at the beginning of the month, I'd say the challenge is there.

That or people like me choose to collect every possible thing before each boss. The Soul Rarity can be a bitch sometimes, as I still haven't faced the third boss (Dmitri) yet.

DragonCub

I am normally a completist in these games, but I just couldn't stop myself from proceeding, even if it meant leaving behind a lot of souls.  I plan on going back through and getting everything though. The challenge is well worth it. Everything about the game is just awesome.

ilpalazzo

D'moon: I'm still thinking about the contest, and the Movie should be given soon.

Darkmoon

Well, you know, instead of a contaest, you could just donate the DS and DoS to ICVD/CVRPG, and I'd give you the value of the system and game in comicsm and bonus material on CVRPG...

Sin Ominous

(like Homer to a doughnut)

mmm......CVRPG bonus material......*drools*

Darkmoon

I leave that offer open to anyone. I would actually count that as a 300 buck package if the system and game were sent directly to me. 8 bonus comics, an icon set, and a cursor set.

That's a good deal. Heck, maybe I'll even throw in a wallpaper or a winamp skin...

ilpalazzo

That Andi make a bonus apperance any way around it's all good.

Darkmoon

I will see what I can do and who I have to bribe to make that happen.

You are my new favorite person. I may like you better than my wife... cause hey, in a weird way, you put out.

ilpalazzo

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 23, 2005, 02:51:19 PM
I will see what I can do and who I have to bribe to make that happen.

You are my new favorite person. I may like you better than my wife... cause hey, in a weird way, you put out.
Whoa, the hell.

Paavo

So...Can I have the wife then?  :D

Darkmoon

Naw, she's not into people with short hair.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Can I have your Wife?  *flicks long hair behind him*
Then she and my girlfriend and I can make a reverse Oreo cookie.

Hell, I can maybe get another, and we can have Foursome action (three girls and me).

Sin Ominous