What Are You Listening To? Part 2

Started by e_voyager, October 19, 2006, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Sigur Rós / Sigur Ros / Sigur Ros 8

I guess that's what it's called, that's how it was ripped... :/  Anyway, this is a much kick-ass song. :O

bill

I just learned that the Live Scenes From New York live album that I ordered is, according to Barnes & Noble, "Shipping on March 22!".  :rolleyes
Getting from Amazon as we speak.

RushFox

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 16, 2007, 02:02:32 PM
I just learned that the Live Scenes From New York live album that I ordered is, according to Barnes & Noble, "Shipping on March 22!".  :rolleyes

:erk

Yeah, do that. However, when I ordered Roll The Bones and Hold Your Fire (Both Rush) way back when, they arrived quickly, but the cases were in poor condition and looked like someone took a hammer to them. Luckily, the discs were in perfect condition!  :3

Oh sorry!

Blue Oyster Cult- Burning For You (Fire of Unknown Origin)

xHaZxMaTx

Billy Joel / The Complete Hits Collection 1973-1997: Limited Edition Disc 1 / She's Always a Woman

bill

Quote from: RushFox on January 16, 2007, 06:02:43 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on January 16, 2007, 02:02:32 PM

:erk

Yeah, do that. However, when I ordered Roll The Bones and Hold Your Fire (Both Rush) way back when, they arrived quickly, but the cases were in poor condition and looked like someone took a hammer to them. Luckily, the discs were in perfect condition!  :3

Guess what? They actually shipped it today! D:

Anyway...

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Arriving Somewhere (but not here)

Friggin' love this'un.

Hilary

Takács Quartet / Schubert: Death and the Maiden / String Quartet No. 14 in D Minor: 'Death and the Maiden', D. 810: II. Andante con Moto

Could've used that over in the 10 song name's game a while ago...

vulpesweasel

My Chemical Romance---Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge---"Thank You For The Venom"

Tapewolf

Kula Shaker - Mystical Machine Gun (full version)
Everybody, stay calm!  Don't Panic!  It's just the end of the world!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York - Regression

It arrived in two days, which makes me wonder what would have happened if I had picked "Two Day Shipping".

Hilary

The Killers / Sam's Town / When You Were Young

I'm kinda sick of this song. But for some reason I'm listening to it anyway.

bill

Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York - Home

Bloody hell, I can't begin to describe how better this is than Score. I guess I'll try Live At Budokan next, but I doubt it'll top this.

Supercheese

Russian Lullaby - Toy-Box

It sounds nothing like a lullaby, really...

RushFox

Yes- The Gates Of Delirium (Live)- Yesshows

I love this song. Pretty good live too apparantly.  ;)

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 17, 2007, 06:17:40 PM
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York - Home

Bloody hell, I can't begin to describe how better this is than Score. I guess I'll try Live At Budokan next, but I doubt it'll top this.

The third disc on this owns all...

Live In Budokan is great, but it is BLISTERING during the first disc. They do not let up until Hollow Years, and even the solo on that song is great. I like all of the DT Live discs about the same, but this is the heaviest of them all by far.

And I liked Score...  :(

Well, I'm kinda bias on this, seeing as this was the first DT Tour I've attended. Of course, that concert (Massey Hall, Toronto) was PERFECT. They even fit a Rush tune for the encore (Jacob's Ladder), THEN played the Wait For Sleep/Learning To Live combo, in full.

:3

EDIT: Heh, of course you can always try Once In A Livetime, if you really like Falling Into Infinity that is. Insane guitar solo before Pull Me Under, and excellent medleys abound. Example: A Change Of Seasons is SCATTERED throughout the set in pieces, flowing in and out of different songs. There's also a nice acoustic set on the second disc as well. Crappy version of Lie though... Anyways, enough fanboying from me. I just needed get that off my chest. Not alot of people like DT around here...

bill

Meh, I just want Budokan to have another live version of Solitary Shell.  :B

(And it's friggin' got Disappear on it!)

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Black Holes and Revelations / Starlight

Tapewolf

'Escape from castle Wolfenstein' - Monsters From Mars

Hilary

Red Hot Chile Peppers / Stadium Arcadium / Snow (Hey Oh)

This is appropriate because:

Quote from: Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School System's website
Breaking News (updated 10:07 a.m., Jan. 18):
High schools are closed. Those in session already (i.e., Career Center early classes) dismiss at 10 a.m.
:woot

bill

Jeff Buckley - Grace - Eternal Life

Jeff Buckley is officially the Best Singer Evar.

Tapewolf

Kula Shaker - Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts (album)
...finally got my own copy of this!

vulpesweasel

Screeching Weasel---Weasel Mania---She's Gving Me The Creeps

Vampire_Pink

Lil' Wayne & Birdman/Like Father, Like Son/Leather so soft

xHaZxMaTx

Radiohead / Hail to the Thief / Sit Down. Stand Up. (Snakes & Ladders.)

Favourite Radiohead album. :boogie  Probably my 3rd or 4th favourite album overall.

e_voyager

summercamp/nowhere near'/ digimon soundtrack
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

TheGreyRonin

Cascada - Bad Boy(Pulsedriver Remix).

QuotePosted by: e_voyager  Posted on: January 18, 2007, 11:36:31 PM 

summercamp/nowhere near'/ digimon soundtrack 

And here I thought I'd never see anyone else with that album! Cool!

e_voyager

considering that a few years about i had the gall to call myself DigiGodE i'd feel strange without it

Korn/Trash /Korn's  Greatest hits
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Hilary

"The Hut on Fowl's Legs," Pictures at an Exhibition / Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky

RushFox

Rush- La Villa Strangiato (Hemispheres)

This kicks the crap outta YYZ, IMHO. The solo at the beginning and middle of this is definitely some of the best guitar work Alex Lifeson has ever done.

bill

Best part of that song is the riff from Powerhouse in 3/4 near the end. Sweetness.

Iron Maiden - Powerslave - Aces High

xHaZxMaTx

Muse / Origin of Symmetry / Citizen Erased