I'm a whore for Capcom's fighters

Started by Xuzaf D, October 11, 2005, 04:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

Previous buys:
Street Fighter EX2PLUS,
Street Fighter EX3,  and
Capcom Classics Collection

I've been hunting for Rival Schools, Project Justice, and Power Stone 2. I'm also waiting for Capcom to re-release the original Street Fighter, Slam Masters, and whole lot of beat-'em-ups.

Destina Faroda

I do have Saturday Night Slam Masters for SNES...or at least I think I do.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I uhm... Have SF2 Turbo... That's it... (hangs head)

Xuzaf D

Darkmoon

Atari 2600, Odysee2, NES, Game Boy, SNES, VBoy, N64, GC, GBC, GBA, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PSX, PS2, XBox...

I think that's all of them... for now.

Xuzaf D

Your collection of SF games truly is pitiful then.
Well, for Street Fighter, I suggest you get your hands on Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the playstation. I got mine for peanuts at an FYE. It really reintroduced me to the series a few years back and the numerous charactors and modes were a great bonus. The EX series will probably dissappoint for a handfull of reasons.
The SF anniversary collection has the hybrid SF2 (5-in-1 version) and SF3 Third Strike. That wasn't the same fun for me as Alpha3 was.

Those games again if the subtitles and abbreviations throw you for a loop (they did for me at first):

Good:
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSX)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)

Bad:
Street Fighter EX series (PSX and PS2)

...more info available on request...

Darkmoon

Well, I always sucked at fighting games anyway, so the lack isn't that amazing. Amusingly, I have nearly the entire MK collection. All I'm missing is the newest titles, and the weird one starring Jax.

Xuzaf D

Well, if you prefer something a little lighter, you could go for Power Stone. It does everything right; tons of things to toss your oponents way including every chair, table, crate, or support beem in the room. You can also use random items like bombs, blades, and guns. Never got my hands on the sequal, but it looks like all that and more.

Strange how many licensed games use the same formula but usually forget some of the basics. Ninja Turtles, One Peice, and Rave Master all had games in the Power Stone Style, but lacked the stage complexity or the power-ups or the level traps.

Darkmoon

I played Power Stone 2. That was actually a ton of fun. Good times. I may have to eventually pick them up.

I'm really a Super Smash fan. They have depth, but ease of control.

Destina Faroda

Oh, I have SF2, SF2 Turbo, and SFA2 for SNES as well as Jojo's Bizzare Adventure for PSX.  And I've played countless Capcom Fighters in rental and/or the arcade.  But I quit playing them because I am worse than Darkmoon at fighters.  I even played Power Stone and sucked HORRIBLY at it.  Everyone usually gets to transform before I can and proceed to kick my butt.
Sig coming...whenever...

ilpalazzo

I've got Rival schools. It's in my hands.

Darkmoon

I've got socks in my hands, not the same.

Sock Puppet Fight! (Rawrgh)