The (un)Official Naruto Thread(Caution: May contain spoilers. enter at own risk)

Started by Nikki, December 03, 2006, 12:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Like I said, I'm dense, and while I seem to possess more of an omniscience to detail than others when playing a game, the little things could still escape my notice.  I don't even know why people bother trying to play Halo 2 on Legendary when they can't even keep track of where the grunt went while they TRY to gun down an elite.

RJ

:dface No going off topics!

@Mana:

Ninjutsu and genjutsu still haven't been totally explained in the manga. We do know that the creation of chakra is through the mixing of both physical and spiritual stamina of sorts though.

Since I'm too lazy to explain, here's some sources from leafninja.com:

Genjutsu:
QuoteGenjutsu techniques are the illusion techniques of a ninja, they normally require hand seals. Genjutsu will use hypnotism to cause hallucinations in others. By causing such illusions they can cause their target mental pain and suffering just as real as physical hurt. Genjutsu is created when a ninja extends their chakra flow through the cerebral nervous system of their opponent to control their minds chakra, thereby affecting their five senses.

To combat the effects of Genjutsu, there are two options. The first option is for the ninja to stop the flow of chakra in their body, and then apply an even stronger power to disrupt the flow of the casters chakra. The second option is to have an outside ninja unaffected by the Genjutsu make body contact, and use their chakra to disrupt the casters flow.

Ninjutsu:
QuoteNinjutsu techniques are the secrecy and skill techniques of a ninja. Ninjutsu techniques normally require hand seals of some form.

Unfortunately, that's all they really have to explain ninjutsu at this time because the whole thing is so ambiguous and widely-ranged. But it seems that every person has some sort of element in the chakra they produce- either fire, wind, water, earth, or electricity. Just like the five different element jutsu. Each element has different attricutes, but they are also are like in a game of rock, paper, scissors in that one can be weak against one element, but strong against another. (Actually, it feels a lot like Pokemon)

Also, it has been said that chuunin/jounin-level ninja should be able to use at least two different kinds of element chakra. However, those two elements cannot be used in conjunction unless the person has some sort of Bloodline- like Haku and his ice jutsu bloodline, which was the joining of water and wind chakra.

Still, there's a lot left to be explained, such as how does element chakra in bloodlines relate to physical attributes such as the Sharingan and Byakugan, and also how chakra works in the creation of other non-element jutsu, like Shikamaru's Kagemane, or even Chouji's ability to increase the size of different body parts. But I think it's been said that it has to do with some sort of "ying-yang" thing. I could be mistaking that for the explaination of how one creates chakra though, since that is similar.

Blah, I need a life.

Lushin

Quote from: RJ on December 03, 2006, 11:09:27 PM
If you guys really do have any questions on Naruto and the series, ask me. :P I know way too much than I should- except about the anime. I haven't seen enough of that.

I do know that the 2nd series is going to be called Naruto: Hurrican Chronicles, and is going to be out around Feb/Mar. As well, there's going to be a new Narutimate game coming out featuring all part 2 characters. And a movie featuring part 2 characters is coming out as well next year.

Quote from: Daimien on December 03, 2006, 10:23:22 AM
Ok I like Naruto. I like Sasuke, and I hate it when people bitch about Sasuke.

It's true that Sasuke is Kishimoto's "Golden Boy", and he is an interesting character in terms of the plot and such. But after you see how he acts in Naruto 2, you'll understand why I don't like him so much.

QuoteThey're up to like 200 something in Japanese. I really want to looking into the Kakashi Gaiden story arch in the Manga.

They're up to 333 chapters at the moment, and the Kakashi Gaiden starts at chapter 239.

Quote from: Manawolf on December 03, 2006, 07:26:14 PM
To take a tip that any seasoned D&D player would know, you don't try to attack a person with Damage Reduction in melee unless you have the proper weapon, and I'd have to say fire would have been the kind of stuff Rock need to get through Garaa's sand armor.

Poor Lee can't use chakra :( Though I'm wondering why he didn't try explosive tags...
It's about time they get to the movies. The first one is good, the second (which doesn't have Sasuke for all you Sasuke haters out there) is odd to say the least. It is good though. I prefer the little short at the beginning of the first movie. Also there are four games out for Gamecube (So far two out in English) and three for PS2 ( I know the first is released in english, I think the second is on it's way). I don't know where Uzumaki Chronicles came from though. I have played all four for Gamecube (Thanks you Freeloader disk. I own the first one and once I get working I plan to atleast get Naruto 4) I would say the best is the fourth one cause it has like ALL the know characters in Naruto up to this point. Though I wouldn't suggest playing pasted two if you've only seen the Cartoon Network Naruto. If you've read the manga and/or keep up with the Japanese Naruto then I would say by all means play it if you can. I've also played two of the PS2 Naruto. They have a boat load of characters as well. I believe the third one aso has all four of the Hokages. Well I know for sure they have the Fourth in there. The Fifth as well but she's another story.
They are up to like 200 some odd episodes in Japan so they are catching up with the Manga, they just need to stop the filler.
Well Rock Lee never really uses Kunai either so that may be why he didn't use explosive tags. I also think those have something to do with Ninjutsu.

Also here's my take on something
Taijutsu: The art of hand to hand combat
Genjutsu: The art of Illuision. Used to help distract your opponent to give you the upper hand or so you can flee
Ninjutsu: The art of dealing either physical or mental damage to an opponent. Also can be used to ranged combat. Basically like every attack jitsu used can basically fall under Ninjitsu.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Nikki

Bah, i see off-topic-ness. NEVER do it again.

I actualy have a pretty complicated question:If a Hyuga that has Byakugan 'gets with' an Uchiha that has the Sharingan, will the resulting child have one or the other more powerful, or will he/she/Haku-like have both abilities?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

RJ

Daimien, jutsu, it's called jutsu. Jitsu means 'truth', whilst jutsu means 'art'. If you used jitsu, you'd end up with something like 'Shadow Clone of Truth'.

It's possible that for an explosive tag to be used, chakra may have to be put into it first... it's not proven though. But Lee has used kunai before. He used one in the fight against Gaara.

Quote from: Xze-Xze on December 04, 2006, 04:09:58 PM

I actualy have a pretty complicated question:If a Hyuga that has Byakugan 'gets with' an Uchiha that has the Sharingan, will the resulting child have one or the other more powerful, or will he/she/Haku-like have both abilities?

D: Oh, please don't ask that question. It's impossible to answer.

Lushin

Oh, my bad on the jutsu thing then. If you actually think about it The Byakugn is stronger than the Sharingan. If you remember the Byakugan is the "father" of the Sharigan. Many people will sit and say that if someone gets both they will be awesome or the two will cancel each other out. I believe (note I said believe, this is my opinion) that if the child does end up getting both (remember the Sharingan isn't a promenate trate amount the Uchiha clan. Well most of the Hyuga clan are born with the ability to do the Byakugan.) the Byakugan would be the more powerful. The Sharingan will more than likely only be used for it's copy ability, it takes alot to unlock the full power of the Sharingan. This is my opinion so if you disagree don't go all crazy on me telling me I'm wrong.

Also with the whole Rock Lee and kunai thing. Yes he did them use against Gaara but he never really threw any. I think Rock Lee figures he is faster than a thrown kunai so he saw no real use for them. I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be too surprised if he thinks that, but I could be wrong.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Alondro

Hee hee hee!  Sharingan x Byakugan.  Someone actually made a Flash animation with that very thing somewhere on Newgrounds.  When I have time to search the parody section, I'll try to find it.

Meh, Sasuke... so his whole family was murdered in front of him and his brother did it, then screwed with his mind and made him relive the muders over and over in his mind, then came back years later, mocked him, then tried to kill him, then after training endlessly he's outdone by Naruto over and over, thus making him look like an even bigger loser.  EVERYBODY HAS PROBLEMS!!  Sheesh!  I stubbed my toe today and got a sinus headache too!  You don't see me joining the forces of darkness!   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

Quote from: Alondro on December 04, 2006, 05:45:50 PM
You don't see me joining the forces of darkness! :mowtongue
That's because you ARE already. I know your sinister plots...

Anyway... I just don't see the two ever coming to one person. The odds of that seem far off.

RJ

Quote from: Alondro on December 04, 2006, 05:45:50 PM
Hee hee hee!  Sharingan x Byakugan.  Someone actually made a Flash animation with that very thing somewhere on Newgrounds.  When I have time to search the parody section, I'll try to find it.

I believe I saw that the other day... and the kid's name was 'Uchuha Hyuuga Steve' XD Effectively, he was a Gary Stu.

I've seen lots of fanfiction actually where people try to write about kids with hybrid bloodlines. I don't believe it would work, but it could be possible for someone with a trait like either the Byakugan or Sharingan to be able to have a kid with a bloodline that combines two chakra types. But I don't see two of the same type of bloodline being able to be created. In that case, I think it would be whatever gene is strongest in the kid.  Though I believe in the case of an Uchiha x Byakugan child, it'd be the Byakugan that wins out, even if it ends up having slightly different traits to it, because from what I've seen with Hinata and Neji, they see in a slightly differently way from each other.

Manawolf

A reason I avoid the fanfics, none of that stupid offspring of whatever famous character(s).

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Xze-Xze on December 04, 2006, 04:09:58 PM

I've actually heard this a lot before. Quite frankly, either could happen, or the child could end up kekke-genkai-less. on one hand, The genetic make-up resposible for one could end up overwriting the other. This alone could go either way. The byakugan is more common (all hyuga have it), but if the sharingan is derived from the byakugan, there's a good posibility that it would be the dominant trait.

Or, It might be that a kekke-genkais would end up overwriting vital parts of eachother, leaving the child without either.

finally, the combination of the two may cause a combined version with traits from both. best case scenario, they end up with byakugan's ability to see chakra points and the improved field of vision, plus the sharingan's copying and special abilities.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Alondro

Bwah ha ha... I have found it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/296672

Animation's kinda bad, but the guy admits that.  It has its moments if you pick out all the show's cliche's it makes fun of.

Then there's this, Kakashi taking care of the most annoying thing about the English dub.  Warning!  One big curse word in there!   :U

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/290693

Uhm, more swearing here... but funnier!  And more mocking of the dubbing... and the endless filler episodes.  And Orochimaru's secret hide-out is revealed! 

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/319948

And this one's innocent and goofy.  Lots of song twists with characters all chibified.  It's the fourth of a series.  They're all cutely funny!  Tee-hee!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/319677

I shall search for more... that are at least a little funny.   :3 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Zedd

Alondro

ZOMGLOL!!!  That reminds me of the stereotypical white trash families!  It made me laugh... and yet at the same time I feel so dead inside... Oh well, better go beat mah wife some more ta feel superior again.   >:3 

Meh, not offensive.  Too funny to be.  But then, I'm evil.   >:3