1 (20%)
No
2 (40%)
A bit
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: December 05, 2006, 08:56:25 PM

Joat

Sorry if somebody in this forum came up with the idea, but this is a pretty basic and freeform RP, similar to Keenspot’s LPW. The name of this RP comes not from the plot (which is determined by everyone present), but how the RP is played. Basically, here are the rules.

*This is an informal RP for the most part. Basically, players may enter this RP on the fly without having to sign up, they may start plots and new characters without having to ask permission, etc.
*However, I am technically the DM. I will only exercise my DM rights when I need to (ex. When someone is being a complete jerk to the other characters or when someone is taking control of somebody else’s characters).
*Note that there is no discussion thread for this RP. If you wish to say something OOC, say it here, just make sure it is perfectly plain that it is Out Of Character. You may do this by ((this method)), *OOC: This method*, or any other method, just so long as it is clearly OOC.
*Though advised in certain cases, you are not required to post your full character profile when creating a new character.
*Cross-threading, cross-foruming, and creating fanfic characters (characters based on a cartoon/book/whatever) is allowed here.
*Do not godmode (have uber-powerful characters), puppet (control others’ characters), spam, min-max (have a large advantage “balanced” by an irrelevent disadvantage), or any others of those RPing annoyances.
*You MUST include a description of your character’s appearance. And it must be more descriptive than “looks like X character from the Y comic”, because some people have not seen “Y comic” and will be totally lost as to what your character looks like.
*If anyone is likely not to get what you’re talking about, explain. If you need clarification on something, don’t be afraid to ask.

Here are my characters (note that inexperienced RPers and even some experienced RPers should probably stick to one or two characters max):

*Alexander, the Vulpix. For those who haven’t seen Pokemon, the Vulpix looks quite like a fox and can use fire-based moves. Alexander has a translator device equipped (very hard to see), which allows him to hear all languages as if they were his own and for others to hear him as if he were speaking their language. Unlike most of his kind, he has purple eyes.
*Todd, the Rattata. Also from Pokemon, he resembles a large (but not as large as most of his kind), purple rat and uses basic moves. He also wears a translator device.
*Xion, the Gala. A Gala, not from Pokemon, resembles a large, winged (with fur, not feathers), purple cat with a red, spherical jewel (about 1" diameter) embedded in its forehead. The jewel has magical properties until the owner dies. Removing/shattering the jewel will kill the Gala. He comes from the planet called “Alphastar”. He is fully capable of speaking english, as are all of his kind.

My first post and it’s the start of an RP. Must be a sign.

*OOC: Why isn’t anybody posting? Do you expect me to lead? Fine.*

“So how did you like your portal ride here?” Xion asks.

“Felt like I was on a roller coaster,” Alexander says.

“I think I left my stomach back on Alphastar,” Todd says.

“So why are we here, anyway?” Alexander asks.

“Well, since we have successfully defeated Alpha, I decided we would have a little downtime,” Xion says.

“So we’re on a vacation?”

“Pretty much.”

“Cool!” Todd says.

Aisha deCabre

((If I may be the first to put in a vote...but a bit of advice, if you've read the rules, and if I've missed something, someone please add it in...it's generally a good idea to not go off in any random tangent when creating an RP and seeing where it goes.

Many people here have made well-thought out plots and stories and boundaries.  For one thing, I haven't seen you describe a setting...the beginning might as well be in a great void of whiteness.  Also if you read through much of the beginning of the character lounge, if some people's chars do have some freedom, they'll use that for more inside things or references that other people may not understand, and so some people feel off to post for fear of just disturbing what other people have set up.

Not that you haven't put work into the rules, quite thought out...but have a thought about where to put everybody.  Have a bit of a limit on some characters so that they have an actual idea of how to contribute so that they can.  It'd make anybody who wants to join in a bit more comfortable about doing so.

You can drop negative karma bombs on me all you like...I'm just offering a bit of advice.  Not many good RPers appreciate topics made for randomness's sake.  An RP is like an interactive story that, if at least you're letting people do what they like, tell everyone what your world is like.  Even if it's in a little desert island or something, whatever, give people an idea.  Maybe some history.  A teensy situation.

Here, have a cookie for taking the chance to look at this.  :mowcookie  Sorry if I sound like a nitpicker.  But it's kinda true.  :mowwink ))
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

*OOC: So THAT’S what those links are for! I can’t believe I didn’t realise that earlier. In the furthia high forums, it’s “exalt” and “smite”. Anway, I shall redesign the plot a bit with this post. And just so you know, I don’t negatively reinforce honesty. Also, this form of RPing has thrived in the Keenspot and Furthia High forums, which is where I got the idea.*

“Ha ha ha! You have not destroyed me yet!” a mysterious voice says.

Todd, Alexander, and Xion look at the source, a tall, thin man in a black suit. Alpha.

“How did you survive that?” Xion said in awe.

“Oh, Xion. Do you think merely being dropped into a volcano would stop me?” Alpha said, smiling, “This is a delightful little park. ‘Serenity Park’, the sign says. Oh, and look, the children are playing. How nice.”

“Don’t you dare!” Xion yells.

“You cannot stop me!” Alpha yells. He points his right index finger at the slide. Suddenly, from the finger comes a large ball of dark energy heading toward the slide. And there is a small child on it.

*OOC EDIT: And even if it doesn’t work out, I say this plot is a keeper and I have my work pretty much done if I need to create an entirely new RP.*

Aisha deCabre

((Very good.  Mayhaps I shall be your first customer to make up for my nitpickery.  ^^ ))

From the bystander's vantage point in the tree nearby, it looked like the dark ball of energy would be about to hit the child dead-on.  Hmph...good aim.  Let's see how good it is, then.

Quicker than the untrained eye could catch, something metallic and shining dropped from somewhere above their heads and dashed to intercept the ball.  It crashed down into the thing like a missile striking a meteor to blow it off-course, sending the blast down harmlessly into a creek encircling the playground.  It had caught the eye of a few bystanders, but they would sooner walk away from the chaos.  The strange weapon was a silver metallic boomerang, bladed on all sides save for the left outside edge, wherein there was a handle to safely grip it.

If any eyes had traced its path up to the tree where it came from, they'd have seen a shadowed figure draped in red with a shining, gleaming emerald ring upon a curled tail that blinked within the presence of this dark entity, as it was designed to do.  A hand shot out that was covered in black fur and had a sleeve of navy blue trailing back into the wrist.  The enchanted weapon shot out from the ground and expertly back into the figure's hand.

Then, with the ease of feline grace, it leaped from the top of the tree and into the sunlight.  A left hand shot up to pull back the hood of the crimson cape, revealing the face of a female melanistic jaguar...a panther if you will, with hair of darker black and just a few strands of a sort dark grey that formed a stripe from the middle of her head down to a couple of points on the bangs.  Larger strands framed her face, the rest of the hair tied in a braid that ran down to the middle of her back.  She was dressed in an outfit of dark blue, long somewhat draping pants and a simple shirt with sleeves up to her wrists, and a black belt that also seemed to hide other little tricks stashed in the cloak of an arsenal.

Her young face of about mid-twenties had a look to it that was neither too fair nor too coarse, the look of a warrior trained in the defense of darker arts.  A smirk came upon her mouth and blazing red eyes stared ahead at the four figures with a mix of curiosity, determination, and perhaps a bit of stubborness to her personality.

"Greetin's and saluations, muchachos," she said in a calm and settling voice that held a very light but noticeable hispanic accent to it.  "I thought I sensed something evil here."  She held the point of her weapon up at everyone.  "Now who thought they come come to a peaceful park to terrorize civilians, hm?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Alpha smiles. “I was just walking through when that fiend” he points at Xion, “sent that ball at a poor, defenseless child.”

Todd rolls his eyes. “Oh, please.”

“Give it a rest. Everybody saw you do it,” Alexander says.

“No they didn’t,” he says. He pauses, realizing his error. “I mean, not there was anything to be seen from me. I’m innocent.”

“Riiiiight. Like Alexander said, give it a rest, already. You did it and she knows it,” Todd says.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Alpha says.

“Fun fact that Professor Edison once told me: most people who use that phrase know exactly what the person is talking about,” Alexander says.

“You are an ancient evil spirit, Alpha. You should know when it’s hopeless to keep with a story,” Xion says.

“Yeah, I may be an evil spirit and all, but…” Alpha then paused, realizing his error. “…Darn it! I love seeing the forces of good fight each other. I had my popcorn ready and everything, but it looks like it isn’t to be done. Oh, well.”

Aisha deCabre

The pantheress quirked an eyebrow, her weapon still raised as she listened to the banter between the others.  For a second she glanced between them...she knew better than to believe the first innocent claim that she had heard, especially from strangers.  Outerworlders come through a portal, it seemed...she had met those before and often the experience had left a bad taste.

But finally, the villain had identified himself.  She pointed the boomerang at the one called Alpha.  She had discerned that the act was his own from the way he seemed to lie, almost like he did it often.  While she did, she also cast a glance at the others.  "Wonderful, an honest one.  Makes the compromise much easier.  I would like to know who all of you are, where you come from, and what conflicts you have."

She raised her other hand in an understandable fashion.  "If it's none of my business, then forgive me.  I hunt creatures of dark energy, see, and I like to see peace kept if I happen to find trouble...and if there's a reward on my part."  She went serious again, dropping her hand and glaring at the supposed villain.  "And it seems you are wanted, si?  That's what my impression was, overhearing you from my tree...

"And the rest of you make no sudden movements until I know your intents.  Can't be too safe around children."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“Oh look, another hero. Your kind seems to be growing on trees these days. If only it were simply a matter of burning down the forest,” Alpha says cynically.

“You did burn down a forest,” Xion says, “My home.”

“Ah, yes. And that was enjoyable.”

“You sent our kind at war against the Degans, making us think they were the sun demons.”

“Oh, stop. You’ll make me blush.”

Xion gives Alpha a nasty look, which is returned with a whimsical smile.

Aisha deCabre

The pantheress rolled her eyes.  It was almost like he was stalling.  But at least the others seemed to have heeded her warning.  They also looked like they knew about this guy.  Allies were always good to have first thing...especially when it was apparent the grudge they had against him.  Perhaps it was enough to know for the situation.

"Enough of that gloating," she snapped, smiling ironically.  "In my humble opinion there should be a lot more heroes in the world than there seem to be."

She took a step forward, on her guard but cocky.  "So, you going to give up and come quietly?  Or will this involve going into 'the hard way', courtesy of the helping blade of the bounty hunter Aisha deCabre?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“Bwa ha ha hahaha! Oh, you were serious? In that case, I must laugh even louder. BWAAAAA HA HA!” Alpha says.

“Don’t underestimate him,” Xion says to Aisha, “Keep in mind that he is a very powerful…”

“…and egotistic…” Todd adds.

“…force,” Xion finishes.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha pins her ears back onto her skull to drown out the laughter a little, a slightly annoyed look on her face.  Ah, wonderful, a classic textbook evil guy.

She glanced over to the other three, sparing them a polite grin.  "How kind of you to warn me," she acknowledged with a quick bow of her head, her voice level just below that of the laughter.  "But I'm not one to be underestimated either.  That's a little bit hazardous to one's..."

Before the last word was uttered, she had leaped behind the creature as he was laughing.  In the span of five seconds she had the boomerang blade pressed at the side of his neck.

"...health," she finished her sentence with a bit of satisfaction.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Correction. Aisha has the boomerang blade pressed at the side of where Alpha’s neck was, for he had moved behind her so swiftly that she saw a motion blur. “You should have taken Xion’s advice,” Alpha says.

Xion’s jewel begins to glow. Suddenly, a huge pillar of fire shoots up at Alpha from the ground, not touching Aisha, of course. Alpha seems barely fazed by this, but still at least somewhat harmed. “Smokin’…”

“You are so very predictable, Alpha,” Xion says. His jewel stops glowing.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha yelped slightly, surprised twice in a second by these newcomers' methods.  She leaped back and turned to face forward, watching the flame pillar pretty much barbecue Alpha.

The panther glanced over to the others and smiled a thanks.  "Okay, you're the good guys; thanks," she laughed.  "No more fooling..."

Her boomerang still in her right hand, Aisha charged in again, starting to go for a head-on assualt.  Her left hand had gone into the back of her cape, grabbing a hold of a hidden hilt.  She was almost upon the aggressor...then in an instant swerved away to the left side.  A cool mettallic shing could quickly be heard in her wave.

"Lemme see you dodge this," she hissed, lashing rapidly out in close proximity with the sword she had drawn...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

In an instant, a sword materializes in Alpha’s hand, with which he blocks the attack. Then, Xion’s jewel glows again. A lightning bolt flies from the jewel at Alpha’s sword. The sword conducts the bolt and Alpha recieves a nasty shock.

“That’s the thing about Alpha. He’s a one-step thinker. It may not look like it, but you are helping quite a bit,” Xion says to Aisha telepathically.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha's expression changed for a second, the only thing that she could reveal that showed she had heard the message.  She wasn't telepathic herself and so could send nothing back.  She blinked in a brief "you're welcome" gesture as the lightning struck the point of the sword and sizzled the evil one even more.  He would have to have been something partially unliving to not be paralyzed from a shock of such magnitude.  Her own fur had stood on end from it briefly.

While he was distracted, the panther let the boomerang fly.  It whizzed through the air like a silent whirring sawblade towards the weapon hand and she heard a CLANG as it hit something...the enemy's sword had to have been knocked from his grip.

She took the hilt her dragon-sword tightly in both fists and charged with the point facing straight forward towards him again...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

Alpha steps to the side and holds out his foot in an attempt to trip her.

*OOC: Sorry about being so late.*

*OOC EDIT: This shouldn’t be in past-tense if the rest of my posts aren’t. Fixed!*