Wakened via Fire alarm

Started by KarlOmega1, November 25, 2006, 07:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

Earlier this morning, I was in bed and was supposed to wake up at 6:25 AM...however the Fire Alarm woke me up about a half hour before the designated time! the news was that a person a couple apartments down the corridor in my building had fallen asleep while cooking...that freaking scared the crap outta me!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

fell asleep.... while cooking?

uh...

.... -how- ???
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

I assume they left something cooking, and fell asleep, rather than fall asleep while actively cooking.

Kasarn

The fire alarm in my kitchen always goes off whenever somebody makes toast.

xHaZxMaTx

They fell asleep while sirring their soup.  ...Ouch.

God Tweeter

I don't even know if I have a fire alarm.  :erk

Mel Dragonkitty

I have a fire/carbon monoxide alarm that talks and has a red light and siren. It malfunctioned one day and I came home to a terrorized cat as the ceiling screamed "emergency, emergency, fire, fire." I have no idea how long it had been doing that, it could have been for up to nine hours. It is wired into the electrical system so I couldn't just yank the battery. I had to stand on a ladder (and I was still too short) and try to disassemble the stupid thing while it screamed in my face. I had my Dad (an electrician) on the phone talking me through the disassembly and the fink was laughing his head off and telling all his buddies what was going on.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mel Dragonkitty

Yeah, poor old guy, took me forever to get him calmed down. I have no idea how long the alarm was screaming but after experiencing it for only ten minutes I was very happy to rip it's little electronic guts out. I guess that makes it a very effective alarm system.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.