11-25-06 Oblivious to danger

Started by Faerie Alex, November 24, 2006, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distracting

Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 10:47:15 AM
Quote from: Fresnor on November 25, 2006, 03:21:22 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 12:53:24 AM
At least there's no Dwead Piwate Woberts.

Edit: I also must nitpick, that hammer is not going to counter balance well at that angle, especially judging from the muscle mass in the lady's arm.

Yes, and we all know muscles have to be bulging out grossly to have any effect, and hammers of that size can't be enchanted for personal lightness... >.>

Yes, it did cross my mind it could be a weapon enchanted with the balanced special quality.  Then she'd be able to weild it with one hand.
Unless it's like a bird's wings. Then with the weaving of...well steel I guess, it could be much lighter than if it was completely solid, but could remain pretty strong.

Manawolf

You mean being hollow (or corked, perhaps).  Sure, if you want to use it to hit home runs.  Just don't expect it to have as much of an impact against a steel plated beast.  The head might not stand up to the force it hits, and break off from the haft.

Distracting

True, but in combat a hammer with a head that large would be largely ineffective for much other than hitting home runs out of an enemy anyway. Well...unless you want to crush them, that is. I'll admit that with the lightness, you'd sacrifice damage though. But what's not given is how much damage said hammer actually gives.

Manawolf

It's a Maul, granted an oversized one.  Downward swings usually do the best with it, but you may still break some bones if you perform a horizontal swing.  Granted, there are plenty of ways to kill a humanoid, you just have to worry about needing that extra oomph when fighting the big nasties.

Distracting

In many confrontations, I'd imagine, downward swings would leave many of your vital parts more open to quicker weapons such as swords, daggers, maces, spears, and sharpened sticks. Whatever floats your boat (water displacement floats mine though), so I guess with a distraction the maul could work. Most of the force behind it would be the momentum which would be magnified by the weight. It could work as a weapon for swinging sideways and not just down.

Manawolf

Exactly, horizontal for the little foes, downward for the big ones (caused it's hard for a dragon to grab you with a crushed claw).

Teroniss

Oooooo, this wont end well. Likely little miss Paladin knows Abel is from Xinth, doesnt like the presence of one from the Demon City, and will righteously try to slay him. We know Abel will survive, but the question is, will they just escape, or will Devin and Xander protect Abel as stated earlir in the comic and die trying?

Distracting

A dragon with a hurt leg would be less able to attack too. The bad thing about dragons are their rows of razor sharp teeth that they'd love to shred you with. I'll admit though, a downward strike would be a lot better against parts of larger creatures. A large mace would suffice for me though.

More to the storyline, I think there might be a confrontation coming on...maybe the thing that makes Abel decide that he hates the world and to go to SAIA.

Manawolf

Of course wantonly slaying someone who isn't inherently evil, and is currently not trying to do evil, does kind of go against the paladin's code of conduct.  When you're working the side of good, it's better to wait for your enemy to actually show aggression before just ruling them evil and ending up killing an innocent.

Arcalane

Another problem with dragons is the whole breath weapon deal some have going on. Not pretty. :P

Manawolf

It all depends on what they come at your with.  You'd be able to break a claw with a downward swing, then smash some teeth with a horizontal.  As for the breath weapon, it's probably why I go with the whirling fury, to keep up the pace and out of the breath weapon's path.

Distracting

It sounds like a long running grudge between them. Maybe Devin did something in the past that would constitute as prior aggression.

Manawolf

There is always competition amongst adventuring parties, since they would sometimes compete for the same job.  Why can't we all just work together?  Oh, that's right, anal people don't get along except with each other.

ChaoSynergy

Oh god...a ferret paladin.  If she bubbles, we're all screwed.

Eibborn

Hot diggity, Devin is screwed if he carries on being himself (ie. a jerk :D) around that lot- Kammi, I know would be only too glad to SMASH HIM TO DEATH OVER AND OVER without any provocation at all.
/kicks the internet over

Elader Arkon

I don't think there will be too many problems, unless Devin really makes an idiot of himself. Also confrontation isn't likely to happen because it is a cameo... Unless said cameo lasts longer than normal.

But Devin is a jerk, and most likely will cause some problems for the enjoyment of us all. ;)

Kenji

But that Llama sitll exists today in the time of Zina... HE'S OOOOLD! D:
But wait.. Zina made him. And he's hundreds of years old. But that means Zina is hundreds of years old. o: No wonder she's goth! She went through hundreds of years of being surrounded by stupid people! Yes... it all makes sense now...
Now to figure out how, Kammi is it?, Is related to Lillithin..

Manawolf

There are some cameos that get their own arc.

Zina

Quote from: FireKatKid on November 25, 2006, 07:07:37 PM
But wait.. Zina made him. And he's hundreds of years old. But that means Zina is hundreds of years old. o: No wonder she's goth! She went through hundreds of years of being surrounded by stupid people! Yes... it all makes sense now...

NO MY SECRET. DDDD:
There is still time to fix this!!

But wait.. Zina is awesome. Lets all throw her a party with cake, male strippers and vodka. I will buy.

Eeeeexcellent.

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on November 25, 2006, 07:12:29 PM

NO MY SECRET. DDDD:

But wait.. Zina is awesome. Lets all throw her a party with cake, male strippers and vodka. I will buy.

Eeeeexcellent.

Well.... shoot. :< Guess I better start saving up for next AC..

Zorro

Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 02:24:14 PM
It all depends on what they come at your with.  You'd be able to break a claw with a downward swing, then smash some teeth with a horizontal.  As for the breath weapon, it's probably why I go with the whirling fury, to keep up the pace and out of the breath weapon's path.
Dragons are FAR too intelligent to get in a fair fight.  You assume you will even be armed at the time one makes its move against you.

Even if you do have a weapon and a Dragon out in the open you will be THOUROGHLY burned, shocked, frozen, poisoned and slowed before you ever get a shot.  Beings that live thousands of years are known for taking EVERY possible advantage.

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on November 25, 2006, 07:22:50 PM

NO MY SECRET. DDDD:

Eeeeexcellent.

Well.... shoot. :< Guess I better start saving up for next AC..

What kind of Vodka will do? Sides I know many places

thegayhare

Eeeeexcellent.

can I come???

ActualyI think the stickler here might be Xander he looked mre than a little worried
I tink sometihng happened a while back between these folk and xander.  then Devin stepped in to protect his partner hence the bad blood

Now if I was going to fight a dragon I'd leave the armor behind... against breath weapons it's usless and would just slow you down.  I'd probably go with a pick for a weapon  so you can have that long spike to punch threw scale

superluser

You know, there seem to be quite a few parties lately.  There's Merlitz's old party and Glory's party.  Uh, and [insightful statement].

Hrm, if we add these two parties together, we can have a sending of eight...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Quote from: Zorro on November 25, 2006, 07:42:19 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 02:24:14 PM
Dragons are FAR too intelligent to get in a fair fight.  You assume you will even be armed at the time one makes its move against you.

Even if you do have a weapon and a Dragon out in the open you will be THOUROGHLY burned, shocked, frozen, poisoned and slowed before you ever get a shot.  Beings that live thousands of years are known for taking EVERY possible advantage.

Yes, but normally that just from the traps they set up, easily enough to get those out of the way.  Plus you come prepared to the party, so less chance of them getting the drop on you.

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 25, 2006, 08:36:18 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on November 25, 2006, 08:00:26 PM
can I come???

.... I take the fifth. Honest. :-)

And they call me a perv...  I guess it's my fault for hiding all my dirty comics in the box

EvilIguana966

Greetings.  I am Kylahn Dy'Nar, Lord Protector of the city of Qeynos, Loyal subject of Queen Antonia, and faithful Paladin of the Truthbringer, Mithanial Marr, God of Valor. 

I hereby lodge my formal complaint against the creator of this comic strip, Mrs. Amber M. Williams of the kingdom of Canada, for spreading vile and completely false impressions about Paladins. Most of the negative impressions you may have about Paladins are outdated at best, and complete fabrications at worst.  In fact, it seems that the majority of the libelous claims about us have been spread by a class of person known variously as a: Shadow Knight, Blackguard, Anti-Paladin, Dread Lord, or Big-Meanie-Face.  You can identify these people by their posession of one or more of the following traits: Coal black full plate armor, glowing red eyes, devil horns and/or tails, vorpal bastard swords bathed in a demonic red glow, a strong chaotic aura, a strong evil aura, a law degree and membership in the trial lawyers association of America, or one or more undead or demonic/devilish companions.  If you ever hear a rumor from somone resembling said description, disregard it. 

DigitalMan

All hail the Shadow Knights. Though I never thought of having my Shadow Knight character be a lawyer... that's evil...

Manawolf

You left out the blackgaurds of tyranny and slaughter.