DMFA gets Interviewed!

Started by Faux_Pas, November 26, 2006, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eibborn

Yes, well, there's insanity and insanity.
/kicks the internet over

GabrielsThoughts

I was interviewed once for a news broadcast. They changed the questions they asked me before it hit air, and they butchered 9/10 of the conversation.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

You should always be ready for the media to be the media.  NEVER believe anything they say they're going to do; that's a rule.  Always be ready for them to ask the most embarrasing things imaginable, and always expect that they know every horrible thing you've ever done.  The media are as parasitic as lawyers, plus they have a huge team of those working for them.  In journalism school they're taught to seek the most sensationalist story possible... then spice it up a bit.  They'll twist your words inside out, edit everything you say, make seemingly innocent statements sound like perverted filth.  LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO HOMER SIMPSON... on that episode where he was accused of sexual harrassment after pulling the gummy Venus di Milo from the babysitter's rear. 

*hands of clock in background clock in background swing wildly back and forth*  I saw she was sitting on... her can... so I reached up and grabbed... her can... when I think about that sweet sweet... sw-sw-sw--sweet... can...

*dramatization... may not have happened!*

Beware!  They're get YOU next!   :U *prods the evil media with torches and pitchforks*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

reporter (aproaching random person who is me...keep in mind this has been over dramatized): sir, are you aware that an there was a murder at the applebees?

me: oh my god that's awful

reporter: yes and now I'm going to tell you every intimate detail of the police report, and what other witnesses have told me.

me: wow that's amazing

reporter: so what's your opinion of the situation?

me:uh

reporter:bla blah bla blah bla bla blablah?

five minutes later...

Me: ...I don't know just ignore the person and walk away.

what apears on the news broadcast.

Reporter: some stupid question I'm asking that is different from the one that was asked completely unrelated to the murder at the applebee's

me: just ignore the person and walk away.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 28, 2006, 10:57:42 AMReporter: some stupid question I'm asking that is different from the one that was asked completely unrelated to the murder at the applebee's

me: just ignore the person and walk away.

Never snub a reporter.  They can do bad things.  On the other hand, that's not journalism, and you could get the reporter in a lot of hot water by taking the issue to a watchdog, say the Society of Professional Journalists.

You might be able to edit a different version of the same question in, but a question about a different topic is right out.

If this happened recently, I'd do it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?