11/23/06: jelousy

Started by Drake Manaweilder, November 22, 2006, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

There goes the smell of chaos again

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 23, 2006, 12:35:08 AM
There are lines like Trough is stranger than fiction...
This is one of my favorite comic skits.

A charactor says something so outragous and weird that in all likelyhood it's not true but in that unique situation it is.

I wonder what will happen if this happens
Destania exscorts Alexsi hack home to Lost Lake just as the reporters left.  At that same moment many things happen.  Dan and Abel drop the disguises, the adventurers come in (faced with 3 skilled cubi and a really deadly bartender) as Abel drops his Merlitz disguise.

But knowing Amber something more intresting and climactical will happen.

And knowing it's this comic, maybe something done for the sake of comedy or irony or comedic irony.  :mowtongue  Still, it would be neat to see Destania visit Lost Lake.  Dan probably wouldn't make semi-racist comments about Cubi with a Cubus mother there.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Madmann135

Knowing Dan if his mom shows up he will have a 45 second trip all across the emotional spectrum.

Angry because she didn't tell him about his cubi heritage and cubi future.
Glad that she's safe and well
Upset because they havn't seen each other in a long time
confused because he's just Dan.

and that's all that I can think of in 30 seconds

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

amber did surprize me there still knowing Dan he's not likely to cause trouble in his sister's form she'd hurt him bad as the "talked" it over like Widly and Biggs. speaking of which it's turkey day soon so where did the turkey's go?.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Hellcat

let us all remember that Biggs never did find out Dan was a guy, he may have thought Alexsi was the disguised Dan he was infatuated with, and wanted to marry him. The  very thought rots my mind  :aack

Cogidubnus

Well, not as such. Destenia recognized that her daughter, being Alexis, and not Danielle, was up for kidnapping. At least, it would seem to indicate Biggs wants Alexis.

Grenn

True, but Biggs may have gotten intel that the person he was tricked by was named Alexi. It's very possible that one of his people mistakened Alexi for Dan when Dan was dressed like a woman. Said person would have been at Lost Lake, thought they had the one that tricked him, and sent back the news. They do look a lot alike after all.

King Of Hearts

CATFIGHT!

*hiss* *hiss*

now whether it be Dan or Alexi be involved with Gen, would make for interesting scenarios.

Tapewolf

Oh dear.  I was hoping this wouldn't happen for a while.  Interesting that they went for Danielle rather than Merbel, and somehow I feel strangely happy about the idea that Beings don't really know much about 'cubi capabilities or how they work.

I wonder how this is going to play out?  They don't seem to have decided whether to go back immediately or not.  Do they really hate Merlitz so much as to try and ruin his bosses' life and lose his job for him?
I think the key question is whether they can wait until after the reporter has left.

Amber, if you do the wallpaper wars again, could we have an Alexsi vs Alexsi fight scene as one of the options?   >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hilarity shall ensue.
And I think that might just be "wishful thinking" from Genesis's part.
And is it just me... or did Nitemyste used to be female? -(okay clearly I was wrong about that part...)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 23, 2006, 01:16:46 AM
Knowing Dan if his mom shows up he will have a 45 second trip all across the emotional spectrum.

confused because he's just Dan.

and that's all that I can think of in 30 seconds

Worried about what Alexsi will do to him
Concerned about what brings Destania back
Fearful that she might object to Matilda
Confident that he's looked after the reporters well
Panicky about what Merbel is doing with the lake

... should I go on?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

[EDIT] Never mind.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

AndersW

I think that when Merbel sets the lake on fire, or whatever he is going to do.  The party will think that Merlitz is under attack and trying to defend himself, and they will come running to the rescue at just the wrong time.

Also I went and zoomed in on the last piece of text and I believe it says "She probably isn't even a real girl"

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on November 23, 2006, 09:47:47 AM
I think that when Merbel sets the lake on fire, or whatever he is going to do.  The party will think that Merlitz is under attack and trying to defend himself, and they will come running to the rescue at just the wrong time.

Quite possible.  The other angle is that they may see him while he's doing it and realise it isn't him (no flame-wings or fiery eyes!).  Of course, what the reporter will make of four marauding bandits attempting to murder the owner of Lost Lake Inn is quite another story, and arguably better copy >:3

"They just came at me," said Alexsi, age 27.  "If it hadn't been for Merlitz, who knows what might have happened."

Stygian

They don't seem quite that belligerent. I don't think they would just stomp down the door and start throwing curses and swords all around...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Jack McSlay

Considering they're likely to return after the reporter leaves, they'd find Dan back to normal, Abel complete with headwings, and no merl. Things are likely tobe interesting  :eager

also I begin do wonder what would have happened if Aary didn't leave merl

"We`re  here because we're investigating cubi, have you seen any?"
"Oh, of course, she's my girlfriend"
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Boog

The lioness will probably be fairly belligerant, seeing as she has exess reason to be. As for the rest, they'll probably be convinced when Abel starts setting the lake on fire. After all, they don't know much about cubi, so they may think it's mind control. Wouldn't be too far fetched with all the other psychic abilities at a cubi's disposal.

And as for the "she probably isn't even a real girl," bit, aparantly this comic being on the internet is infecting it with "female body type in an MMORPG" syndrome.

Grenn

Well, Aary would have kicked all 4 of their butts without even trying, so... :)

After all, I don't think she's ever lost. I recall that whole knight soul in the bottle thing..... in fact I think he's still there. Bet he's mad.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hey, Aary lost against Abel, didn't she? I mean, de-dressu counts as winning, even if he paid for it....

... at least in my book :-)

superluser

Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 23, 2006, 11:09:24 AMConsidering they're likely to return after the reporter leaves, they'd find Dan back to normal, Abel complete with headwings, and no merl. Things are likely tobe interesting  :eager

Heh.  I suspect that Dan would just come clean.

Bad move, but that's Dan's style.

[Reporter leaves.  Door slams open]
Gen: Merlitz!  You need to know that Alexsi's a succubus!
[Merlitz is nowhere to be found.  Dan and Abel were chatting, presently Abel curls into the fetal position.]
Dan: Huh?  No, Destania's just her stepmother.
Gen: Look, I was just in here and that girl had transformation magic all over her.
Dan: Oh, uh, that was me.
Gen: ...Za?  Daniel Ti'Fiona?

Dan: Yeah, I'm an incubus, and so is Abel here.  I'm not pleased to be one, and Abel helped me transform into Alexsi, my sister.  She's been kidnapped, you see.  By the twinks.  So he transformed me into Alexsi and himself into Merlitz...Merlitz has been gone for a few days.  Dunno where.  Here's his note.

Gen: I...seee...
[scene change.  Tollbooth.]
Nightmyste: We're gonna need more men!  We've got two incubi over here and they've already kidnapped Merlitz and both the Ti'Fiona children!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Anyone well better know this is not the time to panic

Aridas

I'm sure if they knew him and alexsi by name, they'd know their relations too... I think wasn't it Dan who was the only one left in the dark about that? I can't remember.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 23, 2006, 04:14:05 PM
I'm sure if they knew him and alexsi by name, they'd know their relations too... I think wasn't it Dan who was the only one left in the dark about that? I can't remember.

How long has it been since Destania left?  I'm betting that they'd know Dan from his reputation as an adventurer, and Alexsi would be hard to forget if they ever went to the inn.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 23, 2006, 01:16:46 AM

Actually, I don't think it was all that long ago since Dan saw Mom safe and well in Twink Territories.  Upset about the cubi heritage secret, perhaps.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

superluser

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 23, 2006, 04:31:58 PMActually, I don't think it was all that long ago since Dan saw Mom safe and well in Twink Territories.  Upset about the cubi heritage secret, perhaps.

You know, I'd really like to see that clarified.

Ooh!  Ooh!  Question from the reader:

Dear Amber--

In 405, you make it sound like no one knows what happened to Destania, while in 78, Dan seems to see his mother.  Was 78 just a throwaway joke, or does Dan (and Wildy) really know that his mother is alive and well in the Twink territories?

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on November 23, 2006, 04:51:25 PM
Ooh!  Ooh!  Question from the reader:

Dear Amber--

In 405, you make it sound like no one knows what happened to Destania, while in 78, Dan seems to see his mother.  Was 78 just a throwaway joke, or does Dan (and Wildy) really know that his mother is alive and well in the Twink territories?

Dear Reader--

Grow some patience and stop trying to jump throttle on the storyline just for the sake of knowing the answer sooner.

Manawolf

Not like she has the answer just yet, since you're asking about a strip before the comic became less nonsensical.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 23, 2006, 04:58:55 PMDear Reader--

Grow some patience and stop trying to jump throttle on the storyline just for the sake of knowing the answer sooner.

Well, how was I to know that question was part of the storyline...or indeed ever to be answered conclusively?

Tapewolf

A sudden thought: Nitemyste was able to identify the morph spell spell used.  Do they also have the ability to cast some kind of 'Negate Magic' or 'Dispel Field' spell?  Because if so, that would mess everything up really properly.