11-21-2006

Started by Manawolf, November 21, 2006, 12:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Muscle-bound idiots are vulnerable to feminine wiles.  Let us not forget the story of Sampson.  Stronger than any other man, but he crumbled at the touch of an attractive woman.  *flashes a lovely smile and poses* 

*Charles looks at all the Asperger's and autism discussion* I'm quite familiar with all these sorts of syndromes, and not just because I used to read about them in medical journals.  We had a woman in my old workplace who had autism, a higher functioning form of it.  She could do the data indexing work very well, but had the typical problems of repetitious speech, stereotypic behaviors, and obsessional symptoms.  And my mother took care of an autistic boy for several years, but he was much more severe.  Very language limited and prone to fits.  However, with intense and endless training, he began to improve significantly.  My mother also has an adopted sister with severe cerebral palsy and mental retardation. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

Quote from: Doraion on November 21, 2006, 07:26:35 PM
Ace: Like Charline would risk getting pounded by that horse guy.  He's the classic adventurer unlike me.  his motto probably is "smash first, ask questions or answer any later."

Me: Ace has a point, still why the horse charline? You could do better then a muscle-bound idiot like him.

I believe pounded is a good descriptive for what she's looking for...

As for why the horse, well she's not looking for him to do complex equasions, besides haven you ever heard the term hung like a...

Now me I prefur zebra's... they're bigger and stripes are slimming

Jim Halisstrad

I do like the fact that in this world, no female seems to wear a bra.   :boogie
Felt like I should mention this startiling revaluation.
*Thumbs up*

Boog

Anyone else notice that the girl in the background of the second panal looks rather amazonian? Dan may not be able to hold up the ol' disguise, methinks.

Grenn

It's possible if he saw an attractive women. Remember folks...... Only Dan could forget that he's dead :)

Meaning that if he can forget that, then only Dan could also forget he's a "woman" right now. :)

Meech

Quote from: thegayhare on November 21, 2006, 09:14:52 PM
Quote from: Doraion on November 21, 2006, 07:26:35 PM
Ace: Like Charline would risk getting pounded by that horse guy.  He's the classic adventurer unlike me.  his motto probably is "smash first, ask questions or answer any later."

Me: Ace has a point, still why the horse charline? You could do better then a muscle-bound idiot like him.

I believe pounded is a good descriptive for what she's looking for...

As for why the horse, well she's not looking for him to do complex equasions, besides haven you ever heard the term hung like a...

Now me I prefur zebra's... they're bigger and stripes are slimming

Zebras are smaller than horses.

thegayhare

Quote from: Meech on November 21, 2006, 10:50:00 PM
Zebras are smaller than hoarses.

Not where it counts... atleast thats what I've been told

xhahakristinax

Quote from: thegayhare on November 21, 2006, 10:54:33 PM

Dont say in front of people's minds that are in the gutter.
Like me.
We tend to start laughing manically then have people stare at us.
It's akward. :mowdizzy

Landon_Fox

Quote from: Azlan on November 21, 2006, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: Zedd on November 21, 2006, 05:42:18 PM
I smell chaos

You better not, that's not something to be taken lightly doggie.

Why not?  Taking things too seriously is the Curse of Greyface!  We've better than that.  Or if we aren't, we will be after I do a banishing ritual!

It's even the right time of year for it too.

Distracting

Yeah, horse tails are what's important. I mean, those are totally what everyone judges other horses by their tail.

I thought everyone knew that. :B

e_voyager

LoL i say why worry about choosing? if she were to show his favor she could probably have his offing her his soul before they lest the bar no hypnotism required.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Alan Garou

Quote from: xhahakristinax on November 21, 2006, 10:58:08 PM

Dont say in front of people's minds that are in the gutter.Like me.
Embrace the awkwardness... It is your little friend. Besides, my mind isn't only in the gutter, it's in the water treatment plant. That's why your town's water has all of those hallucinogens in it.
:paranoid And pay no attention to the wires sticking out of the horsie- Dear Lord! It's caught fire! Get the extinguisher, man! :help

Doraion

Ace: Hey don't give her any ideas!  I rather not have Charline targetting me.  My soul has tons of power built into it.

Doraion: Right, though I think the assault by Ink's cubification serum is still lingering in Chris, he never got the antidote and his might be too deep into him by now.

*I yelp and run off as I get chased by my cat girl Felina who is swinging around a large mallet.*  Dang it I told you I didn't plan that corruption from a crystal spirit Felina!

Felina:  Damn it get back here so I can flatten you meow!

Ace: o_o;   Uhhhh, don't ask what those two meant by crystal spirit.  It's a long story.

Hellcat

oh great, autistics. Not to sound entirely hateful, being as I have slight aspergers (although I do hate myself for having it sometimes) this may sound mean and inhumane, but I actually believe the highly autistic people should be, as I say 'put down' at birth, I mean it's unfair for them to live such a hard life and unfair to others for having to live with them. I agree with allot of the 'treatment' for them 10000 years ago... This may sound horrible, but it is only because of experience at my school. I go to the library every lunch and while I'm trying to read, there's either some retarded boy loudly mumbling gibberish to himself (he's half aware he's doing it, but he is fully aware of mumbling louder as I found out he just likes ticking me off) or an even more retarded boy running back and forth looking up girls skirts (he gets banned from the library weekly) there are even worse of people (who usually spend their entire lunch outside so I'm pretty much safe from losing all my sanity) running back and forth, squirting their drinks at one another, running around out of ther shelter when it's raining, swearing at the teachers when they know they're in trouble, and other just stupid stuff I just try to ignore.
That stuff is hard enough to handle, but some of my classes, which I'm only in because of my anxiety and slight aggressiveness, even then it is just for the people with slight aspergers, slight personality disorders, and the autistics with about average motor skills, anyway in my class, anyway I try to do my work and some of them are just chatting away, I tell them to be quiet, they say it's a free country, I ask again, they say they're allowed to talk, I say actually they aren't and I'm trying to do my work, they say well then I'm just a nerd, I say no, I just have the sufficient brainpower to my work and not find it hard so just give up and talk while the teacher's out of the room. At least I don't have those classes all the time, as I get to do some average classes.
Sorry if I've offended anyone :(

e_voyager

it's hard to live with a handy cap true. but that is no reason for some on to kill you.  that suggestion  is not some thing i would ever want to deal with as it happens myself have dealt with the problems at school but i set up my own way and over came it. some things are hard for me but this is my life and i'm not going to throw it away because i was not born perfect. in a twist of fat the problem i have of the mind are reflecting in one of my younger siblings body but they like me live their life and that is all you can ask for.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

I sense burning of Lost lake and the neighboring town  :erk. Also Danielle is so calm I sense this going wrong so rapidally. Let's see the report write a very disturbing report and the real Alexsi will literally kick Dan's ass all over or what's left of Lost Lake.

e_voyager

if it goes wrong i get the feeling that Dan will prove that he's more like his older sister then just his current looks would suggest.

Aridas

Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on November 22, 2006, 06:50:25 AM
oh great, autistics. Not to sound entirely hateful, being as I have slight aspergers (although I do hate myself for having it sometimes) this may sound mean and inhumane, but I actually believe the highly autistic people should be, as I say 'put down' at birth, I mean it's unfair for them to live such a hard life and unfair to others for having to live with them. I agree with allot of the 'treatment' for them 10000 years ago... This may sound horrible, but it is only because of experience at my school. I go to the library every lunch and while I'm trying to read, there's either some retarded boy loudly mumbling gibberish to himself (he's half aware he's doing it, but he is fully aware of mumbling louder as I found out he just likes ticking me off) or an even more retarded boy running back and forth looking up girls skirts (he gets banned from the library weekly) there are even worse of people (who usually spend their entire lunch outside so I'm pretty much safe from losing all my sanity) running back and forth, squirting their drinks at one another, running around out of ther shelter when it's raining, swearing at the teachers when they know they're in trouble, and other just stupid stuff I just try to ignore.
That stuff is hard enough to handle, but some of my classes, which I'm only in because of my anxiety and slight aggressiveness, even then it is just for the people with slight aspergers, slight personality disorders, and the autistics with about average motor skills, anyway in my class, anyway I try to do my work and some of them are just chatting away, I tell them to be quiet, they say it's a free country, I ask again, they say they're allowed to talk, I say actually they aren't and I'm trying to do my work, they say well then I'm just a nerd, I say no, I just have the sufficient brainpower to my work and not find it hard so just give up and talk while the teacher's out of the room. At least I don't have those classes all the time, as I get to do some average classes.
Sorry if I've offended anyone :(
I ended up put with a class of them. One of them though babies should be killed, and that he should've been killed when he was a baby. He doesn't think the same about some animals, though... there was also some other weirdo who couldn't make a comeback to save his life.. among other things.. and some guy who swore and took fits all the time (on purpose, i'm sure), some guy who seemed to still be at a very young mental age, who kept repeating things he's heard, like cartoon theme songs (the original TMNT theme, in particular. awesome for some kid who's still mentally stuck in preschool... he'd be just fine with me if he didn't do that MEOW thing that I swear he learned off the internet...) and.... a D&D nerd. I have no idea why he was in that class, since he seems to be just fine except for his D&D obsessions (despite the fact he doesn't play by the proper rules) and his amtgard obsession... I managed to actually be a friend of that guy, since he was otherwise mentally ok... But the rest of them, I really wonder how they're ever going to have a normal life, and why they're even still around. It had to be impossible to get them into their high school years..

Landon_Fox

Given the evidence I've seen thus far, I've decided that most personality disorders aren't a problem by themselves, but are heavily acerbated by society at large.  What led me to this conclusion was a study into homelessness that I did for a class project.  Veterans with PTSD would be okay if they had an otherwise stable life with a home and job.  But when they became homeless they deteriorated VERY rapidly.  This prevented them from getting the job they needed for a stable life.  It's a vicious cycle.

However, I understand that most people don't see it that way.  No problem.  So here is something else to consider Hellcat.

Who gets to control what is considered execute at birth worthy?  Imagine a white-supremacist managed to get appointed to that position.  You can be full sure that homosexuals get added to that list, and I'm homosexual.  So the only way to insure I won't have to deal with that problem is to make sure other people don't have to deal with that problem.  And if that means spending an extra 1% of my income in taxes to provide treatment, so be it.

xhahakristinax

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 21, 2006, 11:55:43 PM
Quote from: xhahakristinax on November 21, 2006, 10:58:08 PM

Dont say in front of people's minds that are in the gutter.Like me.
Embrace the awkwardness... It is your little friend. Besides, my mind isn't only in the gutter, it's in the water treatment plant. That's why your town's water has all of those hallucinogens in it.
:paranoid And pay no attention to the wires sticking out of the horsie- Dear Lord! It's caught fire! Get the extinguisher, man! :help
We have the novelity extinguisher that shoots out party feamours...  :mowcookie

keybounce

Quote from: starcat5 on November 21, 2006, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: Stygian on November 21, 2006, 10:35:42 AM
Quote from: Alan Garou on November 21, 2006, 08:48:49 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 21, 2006, 01:16:33 AM
Ah, I see.  Being the Aspergers man I am, numbers are easier for me.  However, as the grades went by, I grew more accustomed to English, and less accustomed to Math (or at least that hard stuff such as Calculus).  Plus, to be honest, when you're a Dungeon Master, you have to work with a LOT of numbers.

I'll see what I can do about titles for my later ninja threads.
Really? I have Asperger's too! But even if I didn't, I'd still be completely insane.
Let's start a club, shall we?

Really, I'm just borderline, but I have some other stuff too, so I might add to the diversity.
Aspergers with ADHD, here.
Aspie + ADHD also.

But the real reason for needing something other than the date is simple: Some of us don't read these the very day that it comes out. Here it is, days later, and I cannot tell which episode this thread corresponds to.

The cartoons are not dated after they come out.
They have an issue date, which is lost, an issue title, which is lost, an episode number, which is permanent and easy to work with, and a caption, which is permanent and hard to work with.

If I gave you a reference to "This will confuse a lot of new readers", would you be able to locate it? Sure, a few of you can -- it's recent, that's a really odd title, and even though I misquoted it from memory, it's close enough that it will stand out.

But if I gave a reference to #201, it can be found in seconds by anyone.

Please, put episode numbers -- not publication dates -- in your thread titles. Much, much easier to work with.

DigitalMan

Quote from: keybounce on December 06, 2006, 01:45:59 AM
Please, put episode numbers -- not publication dates -- in your thread titles. Much, much easier to work with.

At the request of Amber herself, no, I refuse.

EDIT: And it also occured to me that these threads are meant to stay a few days and then die. Few people know by now what comic was up on November 21st; even fewer people care. If not for your post, no one would remember this topic ever existed.