11-13-06 Destania wears glasses?

Started by Faerie Alex, November 12, 2006, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

Amber will destroy the brains of everyone on the forum by having Dan do absolutely nothing wrong and having the interview go perfectly. She is a cubi who eats confusion and shock.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Alondro, what the hell are you smoking, how much, and where can I get some? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

Quote from: Taross on November 14, 2006, 05:50:08 AM
...do you know how HARD it is to get three lenses fitted on a frame?

I can imagine the expense involved. *also wears glasses, for those who hadn't guessed from the avvy*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2006, 08:44:19 AM
Are you sure you want the sort of violent trip he's having?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

Aaaaand Alondro suddenly lost it. Hopefully Charline will eat his head now. Sad to loose a good geneticist. I always seem to like them somehow, no matter the circumstances.

I would like the psychoreactives he's probably on though. I might actually be able to understand the future then.

Oh, and it's probably a 1:5 shot that we're going to get to see a lasting Were character within the next 25 episodes.

ShiningShadow

Who's knows what will happens next in DMFA but it will be sweet if there explosions involved. :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 14, 2006, 08:55:48 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2006, 08:44:19 AM
Are you sure you want the sort of violent trip he's having?

I wasn't suggesting that *I* was going to imbibe them.... :-)

Alondro

*Charles staggers*  I are no in psychodeliks... tissue prep in lab... lotz of xylene and toluene and histochemical marker fumes... happpy fumes!   :mowdizzy  *keels over* 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so you're working up some nitrotoluenol? Or some cyclotrimethelynetrinitramine?

Or are you just going to settle for some ampho? :-)

Stygian

Nitrotoluenol I have heard of and examined, but the other one you mentioned I have no clue what it is. Though judging from the reactivity that complex one would probably have, paired with protein bonding, I'm sure that you wouldn't want to get close to it...

Or maybe I'm just uninformed. Charles could have hyper-ADD and be needing a constant and high dosage of methylphenidates and amphetamines to even speak to us...

As for me, I'd recommend you use good old lysergic acid diethylamide if you want your trips good. Be wary of the bedposts though; they want to eat you alive.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stygian,

Cyclotrimethelynetrinitramine is more commonly known as C4. For teh first, what I had in mind was, I think, trinitrotoluol, which is a slightly different substance with the same basic concept.

Ampho is, well, diesel and fertilizer.

All go bang. :-)

If not in the same way as LSD, crystal meth, or 'mins.

Cogidubnus

Stygian

Yay. Urine bomb. Wonder what that has to do with Destania's glasses.

And I personally prefer nitro. The more simple and more pure the reaction, the more fun. Besides, there's nothing like making some in your tub and then setting a motion-trap device under someone's chair.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 14, 2006, 06:45:15 PM
I feel intellectually inadequate. :<

Bear in mind we're selecting useful things from however long of "sucking up info like a toilet", to paraphrase the delightful phrase coined by a friend of mine. Don't feel like you have nothing to offer, because you do, I assure you.

.. I'm just tweaking Alondro's nose, since, as he's a biochemist, I expect him to recognise some of these :square

Alondro

Toluene is used in the final dehydration steps of paraffin embedding of tissue.  We have to keep from breathing the vapor, as it's very volatile and has significant toxicity.  Xylene is used in histochemistry methods, and the histopred pens are special markers designed to resist smudging and dissolving in alcohol and some other solvents... so the solvent used in the pens themselves are very... potent. 

But toluene can be easily made into the trinotro stuff by tossing it in excess concentrated nitric acid. 

I'm not an organic chemist, I'm a geneticist.  But I do recall a few things from organic chemistry in college.  I got an A both semesters... pretty much by alot of very lucky reasoning in the complicated chemical synthesis questions we had on the exams.   :mowdizzy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Stygian

I just build nasty stuff. And poison people. Out of pure curiosity, of course...

Amber Williams

Stygian

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 14, 2006, 10:05:26 PM
STOP NERDING UP MY THREADS! D:

NYEAAAAAAAGH! *hides*

I said this was off topic! I did! But does anyone ever listen to me? Nooooo...

Destania should wear oval glasses...

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2006, 06:09:19 PMCyclotrimethelynetrinitramine is more commonly known as C4.

Not C-4.  C-4 is not one chemical.  You're thinking of the most explosive part of C-4, Cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine (AKA RDX).  Composition 4 also contains Di(2-ethylhexyl) sebacate, Polyisobutylene, and motor oil, according to HowStuffWorks.

Even if you get the other stuff, RDX is extremely difficult and dangerous to make.

I'll shut up now before Amber kills me.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

LionHeart

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2006, 10:56:16 PM
Even if you get the other stuff, RDX is extremely difficult and dangerous to make.

This is probably a good thing...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Taross

*Wanders by and mops up all the chemicals... mop mop mop mop.*

Back to the comic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 14, 2006, 10:56:16 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2006, 06:09:19 PMCyclotrimethelynetrinitramine is more commonly known as C4.

Not C-4.  C-4 is not one chemical.  You're thinking of the most explosive part of C-4, Cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine (AKA RDX).  Composition 4 also contains Di(2-ethylhexyl) sebacate, Polyisobutylene, and motor oil, according to HowStuffWorks.

I'll shut up now before Amber kills me.

Oooo. Thanks, I had been misinformed. *makes notes*

As for the ontopicness... well, we covered all the glasses things in the first three or four posts, didn't we? Destania wears glasses, some people think she looks prettier without, some prefer her with. I happen to be in the latter group, but hey...

I think we agreed to disagree, and, at that point, the conversation wandered, as conversations are wont to do...

ShiningShadow

Well we could talk what other item of something like a hairpin holding up Destania hair and take it off to let that sexy hair fall *oops* can't go there :erk.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, you can. Just don't take us there with you, okay? :-)

Stygian

You can lead a horse to water, but you bloody well can't get it off the booze if it doesn't want to...

thegayhare

Since there is still some chemistry going on I want to try a science experiment

*grabs Learch and evicts the monkeys,  dumps a large sack of powder in him and them fills  him up with hot water, stirring vigorously.  He then pushes learch into the fridge before climbing in himself. *

*After a few hours of the box listening to the bunny 's jokes and ribald stories the beautiful assistant pulls them both out of the fridge and pulls the traumatized box off the bunny. *

Yes it was a success a miracle of modern chemistry

llearch n'n'daCorna

I hope you greased the tin before attempting that.

ShiningShadow

mmmmmmmmmmmm cherry my favorite takes a bite of the dessert. :boogie

Alondro

*Charline is tempted to take a big bite!*  And he can't get away this time!

*Charles, meanwhile, synthesizes some RSR gas to defeat the NERF-vulnerable aliens who have taken over Santa Claus...*  Call in the Black Ops Elves!   :lol

Zedd