11/11/11 Abel's Story - Rumors

Started by bill, November 10, 2006, 11:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Since when is it 2011?

Anyway... He's lying to himself. He's not an asshole. He's just nice-challenged.

e_voyager

you never know he could be right. people have looked at me and told me i was scary. a nice person most of the time but scary to look at and some times scary to talk to. because of that i've started to believe that i'm scary
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

I'll say it again- Devin rocks.
See, the real jerks are the ones who don't know it, or who pretend they aren't. He's A-Okay by my book. :D
/kicks the internet over

Talonr

Stygian

Aaaaaand we're back to normal. In other news, Devin now seems to be an almost carbon-copied but more bishounen-like version of me. I find that both very good, since I can finally relate to someone in the comic, and very disturbing, since I didn't think that even that part of my personality would be so easy to summarize.

King Of Hearts

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Stygian

Ever heard that song by Denis Leary?

Zedd

Sid

Wow, the on-topic ratio is horribly low... did I miss something?
And is it just me, or is Devin more or less unknowingly giving Abel a tip for his own situation?
:boogie

Boog

*cackles* Alright, my respect for Devin just went up by half a point. He admits that harassing Abel was an awful, @#$%ed up thing to do when they were kids. I'd say that qualifies as at least a start to an appology. Or as close as anyone can get out of him.

Magic

Everyone still owes me for anticipating the fact that he will still be an ass after his little story.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Aridas

I just think the whole thing is just his image, where the "real" Devin inside really isn't like that.

Gabi

So, if he's not one deep inside but he wants to be seen as one, what does that make him?

And what's maplestory?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aridas

DigitalMan

Quote from: Devin
Oh that? Well the rumor on the street is that I'm an asshole!

That... is so badass. He's allowed to be an asshole, as long as it's for the right reasons.

Alan Garou

Quote from: Ink on November 11, 2006, 08:28:26 AM
Everyone still owes me for anticipating the fact that he will still be an ass after his little story.
Okay. :bow Anyway, the expression on Devin's face is priceless. And I think that this is where Abel got his sadistic streak from.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ink on November 11, 2006, 08:28:26 AM

Ink - 1
Rafe - 1
Everyone Else - 0

... something like that?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 11, 2006, 12:33:03 PM
Everyone Else - 0

... something like that?

What I don't even get a best mention?
*pouts*

sorry to much sugar

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sorry, bunnyboy, but, well, much as I like you, you just didn't make me laugh.

This time.

Them's the breaks, sugar. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Rafe on November 10, 2006, 11:47:14 PM
New "Abel's Story" comics posted tonight - 1

Those noticed by KarlOmega - 0.

What is it?  Everyone had too much Veteran's Day partying or what?

Wasn't there last night before I posted....
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Rafe

Actually, it was there.  I know because I missed it too the first time (before my first post).  Must have been something about having an "Abel's Story" update on a weekday, without a corresponding DMFA update that threw me, maybe and you as well.

But anyway, it had only been up a few minutes.  Forgive me for poking fun, but I was feeling dumb and I suppose I was in a stupidity-loves-company mood.
Rafe

GabrielsThoughts

"rumor is that I'm an asshole"

Truer words have never been spoken.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Hilary

Quote from: Miaka on November 11, 2006, 12:17:32 AM
Am I, like... the only person that think's Devin's the kinda guy I'd hang out with?

Nope, in fact, this kind of behavior is quite familiar to me... hmm... oh yeah! It's because most of my friends are like him anyway! :rolleyes :intro

Devin's faces in the first and last frames are great. :giggle

ShiningShadow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Devin is outside persona is this asshole. But inside he's a cool guy a sweetheart *AWWWWWWWWWW*. But I didn't catch on to this maybe age is a factor here in my case. Anyway now my critic of Devin is the same still an asshole. But who knows if he wants to we will see the real Devin live and in color. But until then we will call Devin a asshole till the cows come home  :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha.

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Hilary

Quote from: Hazzenschnitzer on November 12, 2006, 12:20:50 AM
So what if the cows do come home?

We refrain from calling Devin an asshole. However, the point is moot, as the cows will never come home. This is a scientific truth. :nod (Unless it is the end of the world, when all scientific truths will be discarded. Still moot, for we will all be dead. 'A' ^_^)

Siren

Don't give me sympathy, don't show me tears
E'en if my life was just hatred and fears
Vile though it was and it always will be
I've broken away and I'm living for me
Nevermore crying, my pain's understood
       Don't cry for me or I'll bop you one good!

Not very good, but it was a spur-of-the-moment thing.

I love Devin's expressions in the first and last panels. He may be jerk but I have this overpowering urge to huggle him. :hug

Soooooo....... who knows the answer to the puzzle in my sig.?

Siren

A cold, hard shell to hide a fragile heart
Being shunned right from start
E'en though it's a mystery, he's learnt from his fall
"Love only thyself, and to hell with them all!"

Because I can't quite figure out why Abel's gone from the nice guy in the Abel's story arc to the Hate-the-world cynic in the present arc.

I'm on a roll! Expect more lame personality-verse. Which continues to go from bad to verse. (ow. the pun)