Random Huggles

Started by xHaZxMaTx, November 08, 2006, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haha, you thought I wasn't ever going to edit this again, right?

Seriously.
25 (32.5%)
Hug Bill!
21 (27.3%)
Go away, Bill.
31 (40.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

DigitalMan

I think he's making fun of you for being anti-social >.>

Hey, they changed the presents to cookies :< I don't want my cookies under the tree, I want them on the table.

Zina

Uh. All things considered, I really don't think he is. Going by his past history and all.
But that's just meeeeee.

I guess I am not furry enough to be considered "social".
Murrrr.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zina on November 25, 2006, 07:09:41 PM
Yeah, see? Stuff like that. I find that creepy. =D

You ain't the only one, sister. Brrr.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Wasn't he already attached to Gabi in a creepyobsessed way in a couple posts a few days ago?

Gabi

Today's random hug goes to ChaoSynergy.

God-Beast and Aridas, please stop talking to/about each other. You're disrupting the topic and annoying everyone else.

Apologies to the mods if I'm overstepping my boundaries by scolding them, it's just that I'm fed up with their stupid fights.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Damaris

Per Hazzy's request, a chunk of this thread has been removed.  It should have respawned into the Mine, for those of you who are interested in continuing to provoke people who haven't deserved it lately... and I'm sure you know who you are.  I do find amusing the double standard on second chances.

Bill took care of your problem for roughly 48 hours.  Hopefully our friend will behave when he gets back.

*edit* oh, and don't worry, Gabi.  I have something planned for you *smiles evilly*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

EvilIguana966

The thing about the internet chat is that there is a somewhat limited repertoire of ways to express affection of varying degrees.  People also read text based affection very differently based on their own experiences.  What is creepy to some is merely a friendly handshake to others, and vice versa.  I personally read the internet /hug as less touchy-feely than a real world hug, but that is just me.  While hugs are certainly less overtly sexual than many other forms of physical contact, you cannot escape the fact that a real hug does indeed involve a lot of bodily contact between two persons.  Thus you cannot ever remove every trace of sexuality from such a gesture.  That is why some people are uncomfortable with it, even in an internet text format.  I'm not too bothered by such a thing, but Zina is and since we are all on amiable terms it is wise to respect her wishes.  Scaring her away would be a grave sin because she is officially on the cool people list.  Ask anyone, she's there!

DigitalMan

But the fun part about the internet is you can make yourself as distant as you want to. If my girlfriend RP hugs me, I take it in a completely different way than if Haz here were to do the same. Because I can do that ;)

Let the huggage commence!

THiN

Quote from: Gabi on November 21, 2006, 05:58:27 AM
Yay, Smiles hugged me back!
And run away. But he left a Ninja Mow behind. :mowninja

Hey, Smiles, come back! Your Mow is starting to get restless!

New rule for my hug-list: in order to be in the hug list, you need to have made at least one post within the last 30 days. You may request to be left out of the list if you want to.

With that in mind... Today's random hug goes to THiN!
Does my name come up as THiN on the forum? I'd changed it in the options to the correct name, THiA, but I seem to still find people referring to me as THiN. If so, is the only way to fix this making a new account?

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Of course, being bolded and in that font, it looks a lot like THIA, but you get that...

DigitalMan

*randomly notes* While you can change your name to appear as whatever you want (or in some cases, what the admins want :aack ), the original name stays, and is viewable at least when sending PM's. THiA shows up as THiN, and Darkmoon shows up as something completely odd and different. Which makes me wonder, is your randomizer using the visible names, or the actual names? It looks to use the latter...

Aridas

*edit from Damaris- please don't.*

Hah. Using the actual account names rather than the displayed name is probably going to cause some confusion... But it doesn't matter if the people who own those account names know they got hugged, right?

Gabi

I'm using the PDNs, but I copied that name from the PM I sent, hence the THiN.

And Sunny hugged me back! Thanks, Sunny! :mowhappy

Big holiday? Damaris? Karma? Hmm... something's definitely going on.

Random hug goes to Zedd today.

Tapewolf

Out of curiosity, how are you randomising them?  A random number is easy enough, but how are you turning them into names?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

With the magic of the member list. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 27, 2006, 08:08:50 AM
With the magic of the member list. :P
I was afraid you were counting down them or something crazy like that.  Now I see that if you view someone's profile it uses their UID number, so I guess you're changing it in the URL.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

I actually copied the list to an OOCalc sheet to help me keep only the active members in it. It still has some inactive members, though, so when I roll I check the profile to make sure the person has posted within the last month.

Darkmoon

Aridas, it'll do more than get you in trouble. Don't do it again.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

Hmm... It looks like a crisis has been averted.

Today I get to hug someone I talk to a lot. And since we've had all this talk about usernames, I'll leave you to figure out who Tytaj is. :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Suwako

:erk what the... really...  :<

I got hugged today, a glorious end to a day that seemed to never end.   :)

Amber Williams

I'm putting this thread in temp lockdown cause I'm too busy to actually deal with sissy-fights on the internet.

God-Beast, grow some balls.  If this is a war, its the sissiest war this forum has ever seen.  I've seen daycares have better wars than this.  You're so called war is on a Huggles thread and is against someone who drops down the bicker-gauntlet at the first sign of provacation.  That and half your posts dont make any sense in the first place. I couldn't tell if this was a war or a lame poetry recital.

Aridas/Digitalman,  Some of this is your fault since you people seem incapable of letting anyone else have the last word.  Being the better man often means walking away and not trying to take the half-assed higher ground publicly.

Everyone else, I got nothing.  I'll deal with this later.  I suggest everyone take a sit down and either resolve things in PM or somewhere else cause next time I will start dropping bans on everyone responsible...even if you are only posting to tell people not to post.

Damaris

The thread has been fixed- although it was requested that the whole kit and caboodle be deleted, I try not to do that, so it will retire- locked- to the mine.  It has been renamed appropriately this time.

The thread is now unlocked, although some discussion is still occurring in the moderation forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thankye Damaris.

Your forbearance is appreciated.

xHaZxMaTx

Ok, I got all the stuff I needed off the laptop, I think I owe 5 hugs...

And those 5 hugs go to:
ChaosTiger
BillBuckner
Tiger_T
Trevor
Mel Dragonkitty

Hilary

Yay! Now we can have nice, happy, peaceful hugs. :boogie

:paranoid

Quote from: DamarisYou're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.

Heh... your signature is very applicable.

...Except now, even the ovens are broken and lukewarm pastries are being tossed instead.

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Gabi

Thanks, both of you. *Hugs Amber and Damaris in a non-random way.*

Manuel, I hope tomorrow's a better day for you.

I'll wait until tomorrow morning to see who gets the next hug.

[Edit: I've seen the moved topic. Nice title.]

Damaris

Thank you, Gabi- I thought that was a nice touch.

Amusingly enough, Hil, that is an Amber quote from the last really big flame war that we happened to all sleep through.